PDA

View Full Version : Current Top-15 Players in the NBA (#12)

Shammyguy3
09-11-2015, 11:54 PM
Choose from the poll options and debate who the current Top 15 best players in the NBA are. This should not be based on who had the best season last year, but rather who you would choose for a team in order to win right now.

Additional options will be added as we go along based on who will realistically receive votes at that level (or if players are requested in the thread).

1. Lebron (73% of the vote)
2. Durant (55% of the vote)
3. Curry (55% of the vote)
4. Davis (50% of the vote)
5. Harden (57% of the vote)
6. Paul (52% of the vote)
7. Westbrook (82% of the vote)
8. Griffin (59% of the vote)
9. Cousins (29% of the vote)
10. Leonard (39% of the vote)
11. Gasol (41% of the vote)
12. ?

Sadds The Gr8
09-12-2015, 01:03 AM
I think Melo here. I really like Butler but I'd like to see 1 more year of him being a top scorer.

tredigs
09-12-2015, 01:12 AM
Butler for me. Elite defender and has proven to be a highly skilled scorer, even adding a reliable/potent 3pt shot and added playmaking ability. Continued that elite play all season and into the playoffs. No reasonable reason to expect anything less from the 25 year old MIP, and a lot of reason to only expect even more at the onset of the season.

FlashBolt
09-12-2015, 01:27 AM
Went with Duncan. He does his thing at a high level when he's out there and I would trust him to win games.

Shammyguy3
09-12-2015, 11:30 AM
Butler for me. Elite defender and has proven to be a highly skilled scorer, even adding a reliable/potent 3pt shot and added playmaking ability. Continued that elite play all season and into the playoffs. No reasonable reason to expect anything less from the 25 year old MIP, and a lot of reason to only expect even more at the onset of the season.

Having seen all of Butler's play, he's definitely worthy of this spot here. I think a handful of other guys all have great arguments, Melo/Duncan especially. However, I'm going with my favorite player in Butler and will likely have to think about Melo/Duncan at #13

SteBO
09-12-2015, 01:40 PM
Same here. Butler for me. Didn't think he'd develop offensively at the rate he has and I always knew he'd be a top notch defender. Playoffs only reinforced that.....for as long as I've watched LeBron, I've never seen one player really make him as uncomfortable as Butler did. On top of that, he's become a threat from 3. Really like his game.

Bruno
09-12-2015, 07:50 PM
Butler. he's becoming one of the best two way wings in the league and has surpassed Melo, imo.

the bulls need to just officially give this guy the reigns. chicago is incredibly lucky to have found a star replacement for Rose so quickly, they shouldn't squander what Butler is now by dwelling on the past. Rose needs to get fully on board with that dynamic.

Chronz
09-14-2015, 07:16 PM
This one could go alot of ways. They all have glaring weaknesses keeping them out of the elite range.

Duncan - Cant carry a full RS load but prolly the best come playoffs.
LMA is going to a new system, not sure how hes going to fit in but hes talented enough to be above Duncan if it all meshes.
Butler - 1st really great campaign was slightly inconsistent depending on the health/play of both Rose and Dunleavy IMO. His offensive gains were somewhat mitigated by his defensive slippage.
Melo - Last time we saw a healthy Melo he was the most productive, most talented guy of the bunch. Has played less than inspired defense since missing the playoffs and getting hurt.
John Wall is my favorite of the bunch, absolute terror for PG's defensively, is a true PG in how he attacks in transition to create easy 3's, dominates the assist column as much as Melo dominates the scoring, hes just so inefficient and incapable of playing off the ball.

Im leaning towards Melo but I really want to vote Duncan or Wall. I think Wall has another leap in him whereas I feel everyone else could very well decline.