09-09-2015, 03:45 PM
https://youtu.be/eua4PKYdtoU

Which one of these players is overpaid?

Arch Stanton
09-09-2015, 03:49 PM
I would say none of them were overpaid.

ManRam
09-09-2015, 04:10 PM
Yeah, I think the market clearly established itself as something new and much richer. Therefore, I don't think any of these guys were truly overpaid. I'd love to have any of those guys at that price on the Magic :shrug:

LakersIn5
09-09-2015, 05:17 PM
Reggie jackson

MonroeFAN
09-09-2015, 06:34 PM
Actually, I'll go with none here.

I agree with others who have said the market dictated these contracts.

ChongInc.
09-16-2015, 02:14 AM
Green if I have to pick one. Just because a few million more gets you a star and 5 mil more puts you into the elite category. I understand its not that simple though obviously.

phantasyyy
09-16-2015, 07:34 PM
Green if I have to pick one. Just because a few million more gets you a star and 5 mil more puts you into the elite category. I understand its not that simple though obviously.

He IS a star though. Last season imo cemented his status as the second most important player on that team over Klay. He might not have the numbers of a prototypical star, but much of his value comes from his in-game intangibles in the case that he can affect the game so much more than he does the boxscore.

OlivaThor
09-18-2015, 04:21 AM
Damian Lillard for 24/yr is overpaid. Love Leonardīs deal tho

SupremeNY.
09-18-2015, 10:14 AM
Iman shumpert 4/40mil , wtf

nycericanguy
09-18-2015, 10:56 AM
Aminu was the biggest head scratcher for me... was almost out of the league a year ago, puts together a few good playoff games, and gets $32m GUARANTEED over 4 years.

I had him pegged at something like 2/6m.

Also the guy can't shoot a lick, so in this era of 3 & D it's surprising to see how much he was valued.

MonroeFAN
09-18-2015, 10:57 AM
I was basically chastised for asking if he was still in the league or not ^

Arch Stanton
09-18-2015, 11:06 AM

That's not one of the larger contracts dude. Oh yeah you're a Knick fan nevermind...

MonroeFAN
09-18-2015, 11:10 AM
Yeah that comment just wreaks of passive aggressive bs. Shumpert's contract is a relative bargain.

nycericanguy
09-18-2015, 12:09 PM
Yeah that comment just wreaks of passive aggressive bs. Shumpert's contract is a relative bargain.

dont get carried away now...lol. It's not a great deal, Shump is a very limited and inconsistent offensive player, he's also below average from 3. but his all around game is decent and he's in a good spot now alongside LBJ.

but still, $10m per is a lot for him, cap increase or not.

MonroeFAN
09-18-2015, 12:25 PM
I disagree. I think 10M is easily justifiable when you look at his defensive impact.

Arch Stanton
09-18-2015, 12:53 PM
dont get carried away now...lol. It's not a great deal, Shump is a very limited and inconsistent offensive player, he's also below average from 3. but his all around game is decent and he's in a good spot now alongside LBJ.

but still, $10m per is a lot for him, cap increase or not.

It's really not. He's a solid 3 and D player that plays good defense and can hit open 3's fairly consistently. Perhaps it isn't a good deal for other teams but for the Cavs it is.

Jeffy25
09-18-2015, 12:55 PM
Lillard would be the only one I fear of not really earning it...and I have nothing to back that up....I worry about injuries with all players. For some reason, I feel that bad Blazer luck will hit here.

nycericanguy
09-18-2015, 01:47 PM
It's really not. He's a solid 3 and D player that plays good defense and can hit open 3's fairly consistently. Perhaps it isn't a good deal for other teams but for the Cavs it is.

he's 34% from 3 for his career, that's below league average and he's not even a volume maker at only 1 per game.

Compared to guys this offseason like Green, Middleton, Afflalo, Wes...all those guys are 40% or higher from 3 on much higher volumes. Heck even JR smith shoots over 37% while hitting almost 2 per game.

Sure i get your 2nd point, it's not like the Cavs could spend the money elsewhere, but that's really the justification for the signing, not for the dollar amount which is what I'm arguing.

It's not a HORRIBLE contract, but the poster before saying it was a bargain, please... Shump is injury prone, inconsistent, and limited player. He does enough things at an OK level to stay on the court though like rebound, hit an occasional 3, and guard multiple positions. and occasionally he'll give you a 15 point game if he gets hot.

Arch Stanton
09-18-2015, 02:25 PM
he's 34% from 3 for his career, that's below league average and he's not even a volume maker at only 1 per game.

Compared to guys this offseason like Green, Middleton, Afflalo, Wes...all those guys are 40% or higher from 3 on much higher volumes. Heck even JR smith shoots over 37% while hitting almost 2 per game.

Sure i get your 2nd point, it's not like the Cavs could spend the money elsewhere, but that's really the justification for the signing, not for the dollar amount which is what I'm arguing.

It's not a HORRIBLE contract, but the poster before saying it was a bargain, please... Shump is injury prone, inconsistent, and limited player. He does enough things at an OK level to stay on the court though like rebound, hit an occasional 3, and guard multiple positions. and occasionally he'll give you a 15 point game if he gets hot.

I gotcha... I think that is the point too. It's good value for the Cavs because they do not need him to hit 40% from 3. They've got other players on the roster that can fill that role. All he has to do is defend his position well and hit some occasional wide open 3's and anything else is a bonus. It's also a platoon position with JR Smith, who was starting for much of the time with the Cavs.

Arch Stanton
09-18-2015, 02:33 PM

BTW what is league average? Isn't 35% essentially league average from 3? http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/team/_/stat/offense-per-game/sort/threePointFieldGoalPct

Or are you referring specifically to the SG position?

nycericanguy
09-18-2015, 03:41 PM
BTW what is league average? Isn't 35% essentially league average from 3? http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/team/_/stat/offense-per-game/sort/threePointFieldGoalPct

Or are you referring specifically to the SG position?

league average is typically around 35-36% from 3. Shump is slightly below that... but I imagine for SG's it's a bit higher since they are paid to...well...shoot...lol. But I dont know where to find that stat. That would actually be an interesting stat if someone knows.

BigBuckley
09-18-2015, 08:43 PM
Shump I dunno. He never struck me as anything amazing, kind of just a pg who had a rep for tough defense mostly cause of his athleticism. Don't know if the stats back it up.

With the cap set to jump it's hard to say any of them are overpaid but I still don't know why the hell the Pistons gave Reggie Jackson that contract. No one else was competing to get him so why pay such a high price tag? He's ok, athletic, good with the pick and role, but probably Brandon Jennings would have been similar for production if he comes back from the injury fine. Jennings was ballin for them before the injury.

GunFactor187
09-19-2015, 01:24 AM
Cory Joseph, 4/$30 Mil... wtf???

Sadds The Gr8
09-19-2015, 04:35 PM

pretty cheap once the cap jumps

Sadds The Gr8
09-19-2015, 04:36 PM
Cory Joseph, 4/$30 Mil... wtf???

yea i never liked that deal...the guy is a backup.