PDA

View Full Version : Price or Cueto as our ace and Kimbrel or Chapman as our closer?

randyisgoinsolo
09-02-2015, 08:59 PM
So I want to your opinion on who the Sox should get as the Ace and closer between Price or Cueto and Kimbrel or Chapman?

Personally I prefer Price as our ace but since theres bad blood between Ortiz and Price I doubt he will sign with the Sox, as for our closer I prefer Kimbrel since he's signed until 2019 and he's an awesome closer.

Who do you guys prefer?

bagwell368
09-02-2015, 09:17 PM
Cueto isn't going to last long term, his delivery has too much torque in it.

Price isn't going to decide to come or not because of he was part of the Sox/Rays "thing" that goes back to Daubach, or perhaps earlier.

Getting a real 1A in here could be tough, might have to settle for two 1B's.

j-bay
09-02-2015, 10:01 PM
Price over Cueto would be my choice, but Cueto I see is more likely to come here because of Ortiz, Hanley, and Panda. I could see Zimmermann coming here. Dombrowski is going to have to play hardball for Price. I also see Kimbrel over Chapman.

papipapsmanny
09-02-2015, 10:25 PM
None of the above (unless Kimbrel comes cheapish because of his contract)

Rather trade for guys like Carrasco and Gray (if possible). We have a log jam of specs, and getting two top end pitchers who are controlled at modest prices and under 30 years old will be way better than signing a 30+ year old guy to an 8 year deal.

We have too many pieces not to do it. You can certainly do it, and keep one of Johnson/Owens/E-rod, as well as Devers, Moncada, Bogaerts, Betts, Swihart, JBJ, Espinosa and Benintendi.

two of Johnson/E-Rod/Owens, along with Guerra, Travis, Margot, Kopech, Shaw, Marrero, Barnes, and Chavis, I am convinced could land both of those guys, if they are both available.

Bo Sox Fan
09-02-2015, 10:59 PM
Cueto because he wouldn't be a cancer in the Red Sox clubhouse and Kimbrel because he's controlled through the 2018 season.

My preference is Zimmerman, Gray & Kimbrel though. My gut feeling tells me those guys would fit in and perform quite well here and could handle the Boston media through the hard times without creating or adding to locker room friction.

"Do your job" ~ Bill Belichick

ruckus16969
09-03-2015, 01:22 AM
Great read

http://boston.locals.baseballprospectus.com/2015/08/24/the-red-sox-dont-really-need-an-ace/