PDA

View Full Version : Beef between Kobe and Shaq settled once and for all

Chronz
08-28-2015, 02:01 PM
Shaqs next guest on his podcast this Monday is going to be none other than Kobe Bryant. They are going to rehash everything for us and let us know how big of a deal it truly was. If you've listened to comments from teammates and coaches over the years, some feel the media made a bigger deal of it than it really was. That they didn't separate out of spite for one another. Shaq has alluded to Phil being the mastermind behind the scenes but the duo definitely fed the media enough on their own.

There are snippets of the podcast floating around the web, oh and this came out today: https://mobile.twitter.com/PerSources14/status/637013308248342529?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

I know its old news but it should be a good show.

Htownballa1622
08-28-2015, 02:08 PM
I read Kobe said he didn't appreciate Shaq until he played with Dwight.

Funny if true.

If true, took him long enough. Smh

FlashBolt
08-28-2015, 04:14 PM
They are both to blame. Clearly Shaq was no longer a dominating force as he used to be while Kobe was becoming a superstar. They settled it a long time ago, though. Didn't they win the All-Star MVP trophy together?

Tony_Starks
08-28-2015, 04:15 PM
I checked that out too. They actually buried the hatchet a while ago but then when Kobe got Dwight it really put things in perspective. Like damn Shaq had his lazy ways but at least when it came time to take care of business he put it down. I remember watching that TNT game when he called Shaq back there and they were yucking it up like crazy.

You could almost picture Kobe like "hey man I owe you an apology dog, because THIS ninja right HERE? Straight clown!"

naps
08-28-2015, 04:28 PM
You gotta consider yourself lucky if you could play with the most dominant force in basketball history for 8 of his prime years. Kobe is one hell of a lucky dude. I think they are settling it down in the media but the resentment once they had was real and it always will be there. Just that they wont trash each other in the media anymore.

FlashBolt
08-28-2015, 04:29 PM
I checked that out too. They actually buried the hatchet a while ago but then when Kobe got Dwight it really put things in perspective. Like damn Shaq had his lazy ways but at least when it came time to take care of business he put it down. I remember watching that TNT game when he called Shaq back there and they were yucking it up like crazy.

You could almost picture Kobe like "hey man I owe you an apology dog, because THIS ninja right HERE? Straight clown!"

I guess you can say that they both hated Dwight so that helped them both put things in a new perspective? I mean, Shaq clowns on Dwight every chance he gets. And Kobe probably hates Dwight more than he hates Karl Malone.

raiderposting
08-28-2015, 05:05 PM
You gotta consider yourself lucky if you could play with the most dominant force in basketball history for 8 of his prime years. Kobe is one hell of a lucky dude. I think they are settling it down in the media but the resentment once they had was real and it always will be there. Just that they wont trash each other in the media anymore.

Your whole post is nauseating

Chronz
08-28-2015, 05:32 PM
Do you know how much respect you have to have to forgive someone for slapping you in public (Shaq to Kobe) or for snitching on you to the Cops (Kobe to Shaq). They were both *** holes really, no wonder the marriage couldn't last.

jerellh528
08-28-2015, 06:04 PM
Your whole post is nauseating

They usually are.

Tony_Starks
08-28-2015, 07:22 PM

I guess you can say that they both hated Dwight so that helped them both put things in a new perspective? I mean, Shaq clowns on Dwight every chance he gets. And Kobe probably hates Dwight more than he hates Karl Malone.

Shaq doesn't hate Dwight, he just calls him out for having all the physical skills to be a dominant big man and no heart to put it all together. As he should, he's more than qualified to speak on that.

Kobe doesn't hate him either, he just has no respect for him ( a lot of players don't really). That's why he appreciated Shaq even more in comparison because even when they didn't get along he had to respect him.

Nobody hates Dwight....well maybe his baby mamma(s) but they dont count!

naps
08-29-2015, 04:51 AM
Shaq hates Dwight and so does Kobe and the Lakers nation. I remember how he was labeled as the next great big laker center when he was traded from Orlando, but as soon as he left and didnt fall for hollywood billboards, he was a loser and a non-winner. LOL. If you are an NBA fan, you know these things have been well documented. So no excuse here please.