PDA

View Full Version : Potential New All Stars in the East?

Dade County
08-28-2015, 01:03 PM
I can see Whiteside & the Dragon getting a spot in the All Star game. Who do you guys think might make the All Star game for their first time.

http://espn.go.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/13520079/nba-spurs-kawhi-leonard-clippers-deandre-jordan-lead-list-likely-first-all-stars

Also, if you want to make a list of all the players you think will make the All Star game too, thats fine.

If Miami has a top 2 record in the East, Miami might get in 4 to 5 players lol (Deng was an All Star once lol)

But Wade & Bosh will have to be healthy for the most part.

cmellofan15
08-28-2015, 01:06 PM
lmao..yeaaaah, I think Mudiay, Gallinari, Chandler, and Faried all will make it once we get that 3 seed

ManRam
08-28-2015, 01:11 PM
I rarely ever cape for him, but maybe Vucevic if the Magic get better. He's had the basic PPG/RPG stats for a while now, but the team success (and his ineptitude on defense...which is something people tend to not care about with this stuff tho) has ruined his chances.

Non-"homer" picks: I like the Drummond/Monroe suggestion now that they're apart from each other. I think a couple of Monroe's teammates might be getting close to making it too (Giannis and Middleton), but probably not next year barring a great start to the season team-wise.

It doesn't sound like Whiteside will get the minutes needed.

Out West I'd love to see any of those Jazz players take that next huge step forward and make an ASG.

Dray deserves love too, considering he's the second best player on the best team in the NBA

Dade County
08-28-2015, 01:11 PM
lmao..yeaaaah, I think Mudiay, Gallinari, Chandler, and Faried all will make it once we get that 3 seed

Eastern Conference!

LoL

cmellofan15
08-28-2015, 01:14 PM
haha you've got a point...I mean the western conference could have gotten rid of their starting five, replaced them with five more reserve spots and still been much more talented than the east team.

2-ONE-5
08-28-2015, 01:26 PM
under no realistic circumstances will the Heat have 4 all stars. Lets be real Dragic has had one AS worthy season and Whiteside played like 50 games last year.

As for new all stars I can see Beal and Drummound getting in

Dade County
08-28-2015, 01:31 PM
under no realistic circumstances will the Heat have 4 all stars. Lets be real Dragic has had one AS worthy season and Whiteside played like 50 games last year.

As for new all stars I can see Beal and Drummound getting in

Just relax... lol

Maybe Drummound but I can't see Beal.

And you are saying that about Whiteside & Dragic because you don't think they are good enough to make it in? Or Miami getting in 4 players bother you?

JasonJohnHorn
08-28-2015, 01:50 PM
If I'm being a homer, I'm going with Drummond and Jackson. If Jackson plays as well as he did with the Pistons last year, he's got a legit shot. Drummond for sure.

I don't think anybody from Philly will get on, because I expect their wins to be low and the coaches will penalize them for that. Same goes for guys on the Magic.

Bradley Beal looks like a good pick as well.

Greg Monroe will have a shot depending on how the Bucks use him.

MKG may have a shot at it, but I think he might need another year before he's ready. And Al Jefferson may be able to earn a spot depending on his numbers and the team's overall performance.

5ass
08-28-2015, 02:13 PM
If Oladipo keeps improving, he can definitely make the all star team next year. Its his third year in the league so he could break out. His game and personality will make him one of the most entertaining players there, if he makes the team.

WaDe03
08-28-2015, 02:52 PM
Wade, Bosh, and Whiteside will be all-stars. Dragic probably not, Deng for sure not.

phantasyyy
08-28-2015, 03:07 PM
Taking a look at least year's east roster:
Starters
Wall
Lowry
James
Gasol
Melo

With:
Horford, Bosh, Millsap, Butler, Wade, Teague, Irving Korver

Keeping in mind 2014 all stars in Joakim and Derozan, who missed it due to injuries last year.

Korver is a lock to not make it imo, along with Teague, Demar, and Lowry on the bubble as well. Also Kyrie's injury rehab, potentially leaving 4 new open spots available.

Imo I think rose will get voted in taking one of the spots as he continues his resurgence/return and Joakim just wont be able to get the amount of touches/stats in order to justify having 4 bulls on the roster, leaving two new spots to newcomers.

I'd probably roll with a Drummond vs Whiteside for one of the spots with Kevin love having a resurgent year putting up stats similar to his Wolves days with Kyrie rumored to be out til January.

Therefore:
Starters: Rose, Wall, James, Melo, Gasol
w/ Horford, Bosh, Millsap, Butler, Wade, Drummond, Kevin Love

all with the potential of either Lowry or Demar taking one of Horford or Millsap's spot. - Cant have a top 4 seed not get a representative..

Therefore new all stars in Drummond/Love

RLundi
08-28-2015, 03:32 PM
I can see Whiteside & the Dragon getting a spot in the All Star game. Who do you guys think might make the All Star game for their first time.

Also, if you want to make a list of all the players you think will make the All Star game too, thats fine.

If Miami has a top 2 record in the East, Miami might get in 4 to 5 players lol (Deng was an All Star once lol)

Homerism, I'm sorry, but it's true. Dragic probably won't beat out Irving, Wall, Teague, Rose, or Lowry, not all of them. And I'd be stunned if Miami had 4, and much more 5 All-Stars. Bosh is lock if he's healthy but Wade's decline is coming, so idk if penciling him in is as sure fire as it once was.

Arch Stanton
08-28-2015, 03:35 PM

I assume the lol is because you really don't believe the Heat will have 4/5 all-stars. Don't see both Dragic and Whiteside making the team. Maybe one of them? Wade will get voted on regardless if he's healthy or not. The others are all question marks...

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-28-2015, 03:41 PM
I rarely ever cape for him, but maybe Vucevic if the Magic get better. He's had the basic PPG/RPG stats for a while now, but the team success (and his ineptitude on defense...which is something people tend to not care about with this stuff tho) has ruined his chances.

Non-"homer" picks: I like the Drummond/Monroe suggestion now that they're apart from each other. I think a couple of Monroe's teammates might be getting close to making it too (Giannis and Middleton), but probably not next year barring a great start to the season team-wise.

It doesn't sound like Whiteside will get the minutes needed.

Out West I'd love to see any of those Jazz players take that next huge step forward and make an ASG.

Dray deserves love too, considering he's the second best player on the best team in the NBA

Yeah my Bucks got robbed for All Stars yet made the playoffs. Fan voting gets lame. Parker wont make it this year since he wont be ready until January. Giannis could make it. But All Star game mainly picked with PPG and wins. He wont be a flashy 20 or 30 points a night guy. If Monroe gets over 20 a night he could make it. Hopefully Middleton gets noticed this year. But yeah Bucks probably get robbed yet again for All Stars but make playoffs. Only chance would be injury sub. But don't wish to see a player injured to get my guys in. Fans need to start voting for young blood not these old guys on losing teams.

2-ONE-5
08-28-2015, 03:42 PM
Just relax... lol

And you are saying that about Whiteside & Dragic because you don't think they are good enough to make it in? Or Miami getting in 4 players bother you?

well Miami wont have 4 players in so how can it bother me? Dragic has become pretty overrated around here, hes good like i said lets not pretend like he puts up AS numbers ever year. Whiteside is TBD but i just dont see him doing it for 82 games, in fact i doubt it. (Insert you're a heat hater comment here)

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-28-2015, 03:44 PM
Just relax... lol

Injured players shouldn't make it in.

Arch Stanton
08-28-2015, 03:45 PM
If I'm being a homer, I'm going with Drummond and Jackson. If Jackson plays as well as he did with the Pistons last year, he's got a legit shot. Drummond for sure.

I don't think anybody from Philly will get on, because I expect their wins to be low and the coaches will penalize them for that. Same goes for guys on the Magic.

Bradley Beal looks like a good pick as well.

Greg Monroe will have a shot depending on how the Bucks use him.

MKG may have a shot at it, but I think he might need another year before he's ready. And Al Jefferson may be able to earn a spot depending on his numbers and the team's overall performance.

I could see Drummond making the team but don't see any of the others you mentioned making it.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-28-2015, 03:50 PM
Starters
Wall
Lowry
James
Gasol
Melo

With:

Keeping in mind 2014 all stars in Joakim and Derozan, who missed it due to injuries last year.

Korver is a lock to not make it imo, along with Teague, Demar, and Lowry on the bubble as well. Also Kyrie's injury rehab, potentially leaving 4 new open spots available.

Imo I think rose will get voted in taking one of the spots as he continues his resurgence/return and Joakim just wont be able to get the amount of touches/stats in order to justify having 4 bulls on the roster, leaving two new spots to newcomers.

I'd probably roll with a Drummond vs Whiteside for one of the spots with Kevin love having a resurgent year putting up stats similar to his Wolves days with Kyrie rumored to be out til January.

Therefore:

all with the potential of either Lowry or Demar taking one of Horford or Millsap's spot. - Cant have a top 4 seed not get a representative..

Irving wont be playing till January. Cavs wont rush him back. So he wont be playing.

phantasyyy
08-28-2015, 05:10 PM
Irving wont be playing till January. Cavs wont rush him back. So he wont be playing.

yeah that's why I didn't include him in my projected roster at the bottom there.

Essentially I think Drummonds potential for a big season will win out over Whitesides since he has more depth in the front court eating into his production with Bosh(allstar) and Amare/McBob playing key rotational minutes as well. Also Anderson if he hasn't been traded.

Love I think is going to be a monster when he does return next season. With the way it ended last year with the injury, and the fact that he was so underutilized and didn't play up to his standards last nba season. I think him being fitted into that secondary option role will reward him with his first eastern conference all star birth.

Also I think Rose's popularity will return, making him too hard to not vote into that starting lineup - esp with the weak set of guards in the East as compared to the west.

Chronz
08-28-2015, 05:41 PM
Kevin Love

Dade County
08-28-2015, 06:21 PM
I assume the lol is because you really don't believe the Heat will have 4/5 all-stars. Don't see both Dragic and Whiteside making the team. Maybe one of them? Wade will get voted on regardless if he's healthy or not. The others are all question marks...

Think you for pointing out the LoL...

I can see Whiteside or The Dragon making it to the ASG; but no I don't think 5 players from the HEAT will be voted in.

But Whiteeside & Dragic will have a very big year, this upcoming season. I think 10 games in, Whiteside will show that he is the best center in the East (I am looking forward to HEAT vs Rockets, in the 3rd or 4th game of the season).

Arch Stanton
08-28-2015, 10:00 PM

I can see Whiteside or The Dragon making it to the ASG; but no I don't think 5 players from the HEAT will be voted in.

But Whiteeside & Dragic will have a very big year, this upcoming season. I think 10 games in, Whiteside will show that he is the best center in the East (I am looking forward to HEAT vs Rockets, in the 3rd or 4th game of the season).

Only way Heat get 4 All-Stars is if they are the best in the East like Atlanta last year, and that includes injuries to other key players. Part of this is the fan vote most fans know who Wade and Bosh are, but maybe not so much Dragic and Whiteside. I see Whiteside getting in over Dragic.

bbcmillionaire
08-28-2015, 10:29 PM
Lmao whiteside best center in the east? I'll take mozgov over him at the moment.

dalton749
08-29-2015, 03:14 PM
starters:
Lowry
Derozan
Lebron
George
Melo
(Not being a homer, the game is in Toronto so they'll get a ton of votes)
Bench:
Wall
Wade
Butler
Oladipo
Rose
Love
Bosh
Monroe
Milsap
Drummond

Drummond, Monroe, oladipo being the first timers

Htownballa1622
08-29-2015, 03:37 PM

Prepare yourself for a beat down. ;)

phantasyyy
08-29-2015, 03:55 PM
wow cant believe I overlooked paul George, he'll get a spot imo, along with love.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-29-2015, 06:32 PM
Only way Heat get 4 All-Stars is if they are the best in the East like Atlanta last year, and that includes injuries to other key players. Part of this is the fan vote most fans know who Wade and Bosh are, but maybe not so much Dragic and Whiteside. I see Whiteside getting in over Dragic. 4 all stars should be a requirement of 60 wins or more. I know the Bulls had 4 way back in the day. But that was them 70+ win teams. Also should be mandatory if your team is playoffs as of that moment they should have minimum of one guy in.

WaDe03
08-29-2015, 09:23 PM
ESPN predicts Miami will have 4 all-stars next year in Wade, Bosh, Whiteside, and Dragic. I disagree, I don't think Dragic will be an all-star but just wanted to let people know it's not just Heat fans that think this.

WaDe03
08-29-2015, 09:24 PM
4 all stars should be a requirement of 60 wins or more. I know the Bulls had 4 way back in the day. But that was them 70+ win teams. Also should be mandatory if your team is playoffs as of that moment they should have minimum of one guy in.

I agree 100%.

Kyben36
08-29-2015, 09:51 PM
Maybe Niko, but unlikly IMO, also dont think that Dragic or Whiteside have a shot. Whiteside is over rated and Dragic has too many guys ahead of him in the east.

Lord Leoshes
08-30-2015, 10:31 PM
well Miami wont have 4 players in so how can it bother me? Dragic has become pretty overrated around here, hes good like i said lets not pretend like he puts up AS numbers ever year. Whiteside is TBD but i just dont see him doing it for 82 games, in fact i doubt it. (Insert you're a heat hater comment here)

I agree with Dragic, but definitely disagree with Whiteside. I see Whiteside as being the best center in the east next year, as long as he plays no less then 32/34 min a game.

Sadds The Gr8
08-31-2015, 04:27 AM
Starters
Wall
Lowry
James
Gasol
Melo

With:

Therefore:

Agree with everything except the Rose part. Can't depend on him being healthy enough.

I think George, Derozan, or Teague gets that spot

JWO35
08-31-2015, 08:43 AM
If I had to just guess one player it would Greg Monroe.
Always thought he was a borderline All Star with the Pistons but due to our record he never got real attention, if the Bucks are as successful as they were last year(with Monroe putting up similar numbers), I think he makes it.

deaner
08-31-2015, 09:37 AM
I'll go out on a limb and say D Carroll has a shot. Nothing to do with career numbers but the game is in Toronto this year and with the market size of the raptors, and style of carroll's tough play... He has a good shot if he makes a quick impression and wins fans appreciation. I think it was proven last year with Lowry.

2-ONE-5
08-31-2015, 11:39 AM
I agree with Dragic, but definitely disagree with Whiteside. I see Whiteside as being the best center in the east next year, as long as he plays no less then 32/34 min a game.

even if Whiteside turn out to be legit (which is possible) there is no way he will be the best C in the game that fast, not even top 3

Dade County
08-31-2015, 12:40 PM
even if Whiteside turn out to be legit (which is possible) there is no way he will be the best C in the game that fast, not even top 3

In the EAST, not the entire league.

I believe by 15games in, Whiteside will show his wroth and people will give him his respect.

Some fans don't know that he has a mid range game and other offensive move (nothing crazy tho).

phantasyyy
08-31-2015, 02:27 PM
Agree with everything except the Rose part. Can't depend on him being healthy enough.

I think George, Derozan, or Teague gets that spot

Yeah I overlooked George, im sure he'll be a lock for a spot too with his return, and the fact that only him and Hill remain from that great pacers squad.

Game is also going to be in Toronto, so maybe there is a chance that Canada rallys around that and gets both Lowry and Demar voted in as starters :D

dalton749
08-31-2015, 02:32 PM
Yeah I overlooked George, im sure he'll be a lock for a spot too with his return, and the fact that only him and Hill remain from that great pacers squad.

Game is also going to be in Toronto, so maybe there is a chance that Canada rallys around that and gets both Lowry and Demar voted in as starters :D

If they play well I think it's a guarantee. It took about 850,000 votes for the starting backcourt last year, I think they can both get about a million each with it being played here, especially if the can get bieber and drake to tweet it.
I'm actually scared Valanciunas will undeservedly get in because of voting, he got 170,000 votes last year, 6th on the list of front court players I think.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-01-2015, 02:27 PM
ESPN predicts Miami will have 4 all-stars next year in Wade, Bosh, Whiteside, and Dragic. I disagree, I don't think Dragic will be an all-star but just wanted to let people know it's not just Heat fans that think this.

I take it ESPN had zero for Milwaukee Bucks? Middleton should get a honorable mention since he's top 5 SG in the league. I know other posters here suggested if Bucks win Monroe should be looked at. He got over looked in Detroit cause not as many wins. I'd love to see Giannis get in. But he probably wont be putting up PPG like fans look at. Also be cool to see Parker make it in. But he wont be back till January.

Not sure MCW has a chance unless he improves his jump shot by huge margins and probably have to average like 8 assists and darn near 20 points or more and be playoff seed to even get a honorable mention. But fans keep voting the same old guys in. Kinda like the NFL. Some fans don't watch the games and just go by names from years past.

mrblisterdundee
09-01-2015, 04:04 PM
Update: I heard Kyrie Irving could sit until January, so I'm removing and replacing him with Kyle Lowry.

I'd say Giannis Antetekuonpo, Greg Monroe and Bradley Beal are the most likely candidates to be added, but it will be tough with multiple stars coming back from disqualifying injuries, such as Paul George and Chris Bosh. It will also be interesting to see if Beal outperforms Dwyane Wade, and whether Derrick Rose comes back to all-star form. If healthy, I could see Chicago fielding three all-stars, between Rose, Joakim Noah and Jimmy Butler.

G: John Wall, Kyle Lowry, Derrick Rose
G: Jimmy Butler, Dwyane Wade
F: LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George
F: Chris Bosh, Paul Milsap
C: Al Horford, Joakim Noah

WaDe03
09-01-2015, 04:08 PM
I take it ESPN had zero for Milwaukee Bucks? Middleton should get a honorable mention since he's top 5 SG in the league. I know other posters here suggested if Bucks win Monroe should be looked at. He got over looked in Detroit cause not as many wins. I'd love to see Giannis get in. But he probably wont be putting up PPG like fans look at. Also be cool to see Parker make it in. But he wont be back till January.

Not sure MCW has a chance unless he improves his jump shot by huge margins and probably have to average like 8 assists and darn near 20 points or more and be playoff seed to even get a honorable mention. But fans keep voting the same old guys in. Kinda like the NFL. Some fans don't watch the games and just go by names from years past.

I'm not sure what I saw was just talking about the Heat. I agree though Middleton should get in he's the 5th of 6th best SG in the league. Monroe has a chance but other than those 2 I don't think anyone else on Milwaukee has a chance. In 3 years though you may have 5 all stars lol.

bucketss
09-01-2015, 04:21 PM
is whiteside even better than valanciunas :eyebrow:

Arch Stanton
09-01-2015, 04:34 PM
Kyrie "COULD" sit out until January. This is more of a worse case scenario. Most likely he will be back in November or by December. I think all of Kyrie, Love and LeBron make the all-star team this year. I also don't care if any of them make it. The more rest the better.

phantasyyy
09-01-2015, 05:18 PM
Kyrie "COULD" sit out until January. This is more of a worse case scenario. Most likely he will be back in November or by December. I think all of Kyrie, Love and LeBron make the all-star team this year. I also don't care if any of them make it. The more rest the better.

a return in late November or early December most certainly still puts him out of the race. He'll still need a few games to get acclimated to the nba game once again. Two reps from the Cavs is more than enough to reward their record unless they pull an Atlanta Hawks or something like that.

Arch Stanton
09-01-2015, 05:24 PM
a return in late November or early December most certainly still puts him out of the race. He'll still need a few games to get acclimated to the nba game once again. Two reps from the Cavs is more than enough to reward their record unless they pull an Atlanta Hawks or something like that.

It's also a fan vote. Fans tend to vote in the most popular players.

FlashBolt
09-02-2015, 05:40 AM
What does Irving being injured have anything to do with being replaced? Fans can still vote and in case you didn't know, players who are injured but can play in the ASG are still eligible. He's getting in just cause fans want to see him snap ankles. END OF.

As for Whiteside, the hype is ridiculous. If he's as good as some of you say he'll be, he better be ready to score. He hasn't shown any offensive arsenal and besides being a great rebounder/shotblocker, he's not a great defender. Also doesn't seem like a very smart player with how he portrays himself. Crazy, though. Heat could have used him when LeBron was there.

WaDe03
09-02-2015, 11:30 AM
What does Irving being injured have anything to do with being replaced? Fans can still vote and in case you didn't know, players who are injured but can play in the ASG are still eligible. He's getting in just cause fans want to see him snap ankles. END OF.

As for Whiteside, the hype is ridiculous. If he's as good as some of you say he'll be, he better be ready to score. He hasn't shown any offensive arsenal and besides being a great rebounder/shotblocker, he's not a great defender. Also doesn't seem like a very smart player with how he portrays himself. Crazy, though. Heat could have used him when LeBron was there.

He actually has a good hook shot, mid range game, and some good moves in the post such as his spin move. We saw more of it towards the end of the season when we started throwing him the ball more.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-04-2015, 09:34 AM
He actually has a good hook shot, mid range game, and some good moves in the post such as his spin move. We saw more of it towards the end of the season when we started throwing him the ball more.

Yeah end of season when Bosh was out. Doubt Bosh will give up touches so Whiteside can get more. Bosh hated being third fiddle to LeBron and Wade. Doubt he's gonna step aside for Whiteside. Also Dragic will want his as well.

WaDe03
09-04-2015, 01:26 PM
Yeah end of season when Bosh was out. Doubt Bosh will give up touches so Whiteside can get more. Bosh hated being third fiddle to LeBron and Wade. Doubt he's gonna step aside for Whiteside. Also Dragic will want his as well.

Well yea I know that but when Whiteside gets the ball he'll be able to score and he will probably get half of his points off offensive rebounds. 6 points off touches, 6 points off offensive rebounds, 4 points off free throws. He may not score 16 PPG but if you look at it like that it's definitely possible. I know for a fact there will be a lot of Wade alley oops to Whiteside.

AstonMartin34
09-04-2015, 04:35 PM
You have to be certain a Toronto Raptor will be in the starting line-up with the game being hosted in Toronto.

phantasyyy
09-04-2015, 05:58 PM
Well there is only two guards slots that can be voted in so..

Wall is almost a shoe-in to get voted into of the slots.
If Kyrie was healthy id also put him in that category as well.

But seeing as how the game is located in Toronto and the two best players are guards in Lowry and Demar I think theres a good chance one if not even both end up starting.

It is also the first allstar game in Canada on top of the fact that the popularity of basketball is on a rise with the whole "we the north" nonsense and its not too crazy to think that the starting backcourt for the east will come also be the starting backcourt for the raptors also

slashsnake
09-04-2015, 06:09 PM

4 players would be a lot. I think if Bosh is healthy he takes a lot of Whiteside's opportunities. Hawks sent 4 last year but that took an injury replacement (Korver for Wade), and a pace for something like 65-70 wins when the voting ended.

Other than that, has happened 7 other times in NBA history. No team ever sent 5. So I really don't see them as the first.

But the bigs in the East last year outside of Bosh wasn't exactly an established group. Pau, Horford, Millsap.