PDA

View Full Version : Kyrie could sit till Jan

Stunner
08-27-2015, 03:36 PM
@theScore: Kyrie Irving reportedly unlikely to make opening night, could sit until January. http://t.co/VjvIOovLoW http://t.co/c1lnvP6HeC

curtcocaine
08-27-2015, 03:50 PM
Gotta take care of that body first. I respect his decision.

Allphakenny1
08-27-2015, 04:03 PM
They do not really need him to get a top seed in the east. Might as well let him rest to be healthy for the playoffs; should have fresh legs too.

kobe4thewinbang
08-27-2015, 10:16 PM
They do not really need him to get a top seed in the east. Might as well let him rest to be healthy for the playoffs; should have fresh legs too.I know LeBron is a cyborg, but no Kyrie all season will wear down "The King" though Love ahould get more touches without Irving.

Arch Stanton
08-27-2015, 10:24 PM
No big deal if he does. I don't see him being ready opening night, but I also don't see him sitting out until Jan.

bucketss
08-27-2015, 11:10 PM
I know LeBron is a cyborg, but no Kyrie all season will wear down "The King" though Love ahould get more touches without Irving.

they do have mo williams who can atleast dribble the ball up the court unlike delly.

Vee-Rex
08-28-2015, 10:07 AM
Really really glad we picked up Mo, heh.

I'm glad they will decide to rest him and take no risks. Probably means we won't reach 60 wins though.

Tony_Starks
08-28-2015, 10:36 AM
They do not really need him to get a top seed in the east. Might as well let him rest to be healthy for the playoffs; should have fresh legs too.

Pretty much. They got Mo Williams and Delly to fill the gaps. They are more than capable of keeping them afloat while Kyrie gets healthy.

Kyrie and Lebron should both be on chill mode this season, the east is so horrible their role players can keep them in the top 2.

TheNumber37
08-28-2015, 10:51 AM
Kevin Love and Lebron James play the same position.

Mo will is not a true point, So...

Lebron, Shump, JR, Love, mozgov

D-Leethal
08-28-2015, 10:59 AM
They will still be in 1st.

Shady66
08-28-2015, 11:30 AM
Mo Williams all star 2016?

Dade County
08-28-2015, 12:19 PM
Where are the post pointing out the fact that Irving is the healthier and better option player to play along side then Wade...

Because Wade was breaking down and missing to many games.

You guys know that this might just keep on happening right (regrading Love & Kyrie, missing tons of games because of injuries)? We all know that both these players stay getting hurt.

WITZ
08-28-2015, 01:09 PM
Leave it to a heat fan to try and make this about Wade/Kyrie :facepalm: . One guy got his Knee cap split into two while the other older player has been having chronic knee problems pretty obvious which people rather have. Lol at both missing tons of games both played 75 + games last year and both Love & Kyrie got taken out by freak injury's.

FlashBolt
08-28-2015, 04:18 PM
Kyrie is too injury prone for this to work. I would look to trade him ASAP if I were the Cavs. Yes, he is a top 5 PG when healthy IMO.

1) CP3
2) Curry
3) Westbrook
4) Wall
5) Irving

But he's way too fragile.

Vee-Rex
08-28-2015, 04:18 PM
Leave it to a heat fan to try and make this about Wade/Kyrie :facepalm: . One guy got his Knee cap split into two while the other older player has been having chronic knee problems pretty obvious which people rather have. Lol at both missing tons of games both played 75 + games last year and both Love & Kyrie got taken out by freak injury's.

This x10. Well said.

Arch Stanton
08-28-2015, 04:43 PM
Kyrie is too injury prone for this to work. I would look to trade him ASAP if I were the Cavs. Yes, he is a top 5 PG when healthy IMO.

1) CP3
2) Curry
3) Westbrook
4) Wall
5) Irving

But he's way too fragile.

He played 75 games in the regular season and made it through a majority of the playoffs until he had his kneecap broken on a freak play. I wouldn't trade him because you won't get equal value, but he may need to change his game ala CP3, and he's a better offense weapon than CP3. He probably should reduce the amount of times he drives to the hoop and reduce his playing minutes next season.

Dade County
08-28-2015, 06:25 PM

And you'll be saying the same thing year after year.

Arch Stanton
08-28-2015, 07:34 PM
And you'll be saying the same thing year after year.

wash uffizi drive me to firenze

Chronz
08-28-2015, 08:24 PM
He played 75 games in the regular season and made it through a majority of the playoffs until he had his kneecap broken on a freak play. I wouldn't trade him because you won't get equal value, but he may need to change his game ala CP3, and he's a better offense weapon than CP3. He probably should reduce the amount of times he drives to the hoop and reduce his playing minutes next season.

Better offensive weapon? What does that even mean? Hes clearly an inferior offensive player overall, not trying to be overly semantic but if you're trying to get into that whole "pure scorer" argument then Im just gonna have to disagree on that too. He cant control a game like CP3 but hes also not that impressive when you dissect them as scorers.

Arch Stanton
08-28-2015, 09:56 PM
Better offensive weapon? What does that even mean? Hes clearly an inferior offensive player overall, not trying to be overly semantic but if you're trying to get into that whole "pure scorer" argument then Im just gonna have to disagree on that too. He cant control a game like CP3 but hes also not that impressive when you dissect them as scorers.

i think he's a better shooter than CP3, at least from 3-point land. Overall he's not a "better offensive weapon," so I was wrong in writing that. I'm not really sure what you mean when you say he's not very impressive as a scorer? Are you referring to his TS%?
This is all beside the point, which is Kyrie needs to adjust his game to stay healthy IMO.

FlashBolt
08-30-2015, 01:41 PM

And? Anyone can see Irving has injury issues. I'm sorry but the NBA requires you to play at an elite level. It seems that Kyrie's body just doesn't hold up to it. He was injured vs the Celtics all the way to the season ending injury vs the GSW. He has WAY too many problems. Some guys are just immortal (RWB) while some are more sensitive (Irving), nothing wrong with that but if Cavs are going to go anywhere, they need a PG who won't get injured when it matters the most. And I disagree with him being a better offensive weapon than CP3. CP3 isn't as great of a "scorer", but there is no doubt he creates a better offense than Irving.

cmellofan15
08-30-2015, 03:32 PM
good for Kyrie. having Mo Williams around will take a lot of pressure off of LeBron and Love will have room to do what he does best without Kyrie demanding the ball. I think this will work out pretty well for the Cavs and when Kyrie comes back I don't think it will take long for him to adjust.

cmellofan15
08-30-2015, 03:34 PM
LOL at Kyrie being a better "offensive weapon" than CP3. CP3 is flatout better than Kyrie offensively so I don't really understand the sentiment.

Arch Stanton
08-30-2015, 03:52 PM
And? Anyone can see Irving has injury issues. I'm sorry but the NBA requires you to play at an elite level. It seems that Kyrie's body just doesn't hold up to it. He was injured vs the Celtics all the way to the season ending injury vs the GSW. He has WAY too many problems. Some guys are just immortal (RWB) while some are more sensitive (Irving), nothing wrong with that but if Cavs are going to go anywhere, they need a PG who won't get injured when it matters the most. And I disagree with him being a better offensive weapon than CP3. CP3 isn't as great of a "scorer", but there is no doubt he creates a better offense than Irving.

I wouldn't call Westbrook immortal, didn't he miss a good chunk of games this past year and previous year, due to knee problems? I didn't intend to make this a CP3 vs Kyrie debate, my only point is that he needs to adjust his game to protect himself.

Arch Stanton
08-30-2015, 03:53 PM
LOL at Kyrie being a better "offensive weapon" than CP3. CP3 is flatout better than Kyrie offensively so I don't really understand the sentiment.

He's not a better shooter.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-31-2015, 02:01 PM
good for Kyrie. having Mo Williams around will take a lot of pressure off of LeBron and Love will have room to do what he does best without Kyrie demanding the ball. I think this will work out pretty well for the Cavs and when Kyrie comes back I don't think it will take long for him to adjust.

Totally forgot Cavs signed Teen Wolf.

Yanks All Day
08-31-2015, 02:52 PM
I don't really think it's an insult to Kyrie Irving to say he's not as good as the best point guard in basketball. That's like thinking it's an insult to say Paul George isn't as good as LeBron James. Kyrie is a rising star who is still only 23 years old. He's not even close to his prime yet, which is kind of scary to think about.

Even if Kyrie doesn't start the season, he's most likely not going to be out until January just for rest purposes. Unless he has a procedure that he's healing from, he's more than likely just going to be on a minutes limit. The Cavs don't need to worry about him until playoff time anyway, so Kyrie resting is the most non-story that a story can be.

Williams/Dellavedova
Shumpert/Smith
LeBron/who cares
Love/Thompson
Mosgov/Varejao

That lineup right there is good enough for the 1 seed in the East and at least 60 wins. Moreso, it would force the Cavs to incorporate Kevin Love more, so all the complaints about his misuse will probably be resolved. Anyone thinking that the Cavs won't be back in the NBA Finals have a lot more wishing to do, because they're still absolutely stacked with talent.

Dade County
08-31-2015, 05:04 PM
I don't really think it's an insult to Kyrie Irving to say he's not as good as the best point guard in basketball. That's like thinking it's an insult to say Paul George isn't as good as LeBron James. Kyrie is a rising star who is still only 23 years old. He's not even close to his prime yet, which is kind of scary to think about.

Even if Kyrie doesn't start the season, he's most likely not going to be out until January just for rest purposes. Unless he has a procedure that he's healing from, he's more than likely just going to be on a minutes limit. The Cavs don't need to worry about him until playoff time anyway, so Kyrie resting is the most non-story that a story can be.

Williams/Dellavedova
Shumpert/Smith
LeBron/who cares
Love/Thompson
Mosgov/Varejao

That lineup right there is good enough for the 1 seed in the East and at least 60 wins. Moreso, it would force the Cavs to incorporate Kevin Love more, so all the complaints about his misuse will probably be resolved. Anyone thinking that the Cavs won't be back in the NBA Finals have a lot more wishing to do, because they're still absolutely stacked with talent.

Very stacked lineup...

Lbj
Love/Thompson
Mosgov/Varejao

Is going to be tough to handle all year and through the playoffs.

And when Irving gets back...

Irving/Williams/Dellavedova
Shumpert/Smith

This team should win between 69-75 games, no excuses. I know people will LoL to that, but just look at their roster... smh

FlashBolt
08-31-2015, 08:01 PM
I wouldn't call Westbrook immortal, didn't he miss a good chunk of games this past year and previous year, due to knee problems? I didn't intend to make this a CP3 vs Kyrie debate, my only point is that he needs to adjust his game to protect himself.

He missed absolutely zero games dating back to HS until Beverley pulled a slimy move and attacked his knee. Yes, he has missed games but with the way he plays and his reputation before that injury? He's immortal, man. Kyrie gets injured every season practically and he does not put as much into his game as Westbrook.

He's not a better shooter.

So is Ray Allen a top five best offensive option?

Arch Stanton
08-31-2015, 08:07 PM
He missed absolutely zero games dating back to HS until Beverley pulled a slimy move and attacked his knee. Yes, he has missed games but with the way he plays and his reputation before that injury? He's immortal, man. Kyrie gets injured every season practically and he does not put as much into his game as Westbrook.

So is Ray Allen a top five best offensive option?

So you could say Westbrook experienced a freak injury then? Kyrie is fragile, which is why I've been suggesting that he may need to change his game a little.
I'm not sure how you say Kyrie doesn't put as much into his game? What do you mean by this?

FlashBolt
08-31-2015, 09:01 PM
So you could say Westbrook experienced a freak injury then? Kyrie is fragile, which is why I've been suggesting that he may need to change his game a little.
I'm not sure how you say Kyrie doesn't put as much into his game? What do you mean by this?

It was a freak injury but it wasn't his own body that put him to it. It's like if you get hit by a car, that's not something your body did on its own. Kyrie's body just doesn't hold up very well. Plenty of guys go through these injuries and are just not built for it. Derrick Rose, Brandon Roy, Greg Oden, and of course, Penny. As for how much they put into the game, I mean their play style. No one at any position plays as hard as Westbrook. He's the most explosive PG and he puts 150% into getting every rebound, steal, and just about everything you can name. Irving is a shooter, Westbrook isn't.

Arch Stanton
08-31-2015, 09:18 PM
It was a freak injury but it wasn't his own body that put him to it. It's like if you get hit by a car, that's not something your body did on its own. Kyrie's body just doesn't hold up very well. Plenty of guys go through these injuries and are just not built for it. Derrick Rose, Brandon Roy, Greg Oden, and of course, Penny. As for how much they put into the game, I mean their play style. No one at any position plays as hard as Westbrook. He's the most explosive PG and he puts 150% into getting every rebound, steal, and just about everything you can name. Irving is a shooter, Westbrook isn't.

Irving is an elite ball handler, elite finisher and borderline elite shooter (better 3-point and FT shooter than Westbrook). He's also an improved defender. I'm not sure how you can measure effort? My big concern with Westbrook is his style of play. It doesn't seem to work well with age. He relies a lot on his explosiveness and once he gets past 30 that will deflate.
It was a freak injury and so were a majority of Kyrie's injuries. He's got nothing chronic at this point and is still only 23. I expect Blatt to do a better job of managing his minutes this season with a 3-man rotation of Kyrie-Mo-Delly.

FlashBolt
09-01-2015, 12:29 AM
Irving is an elite ball handler, elite finisher and borderline elite shooter (better 3-point and FT shooter than Westbrook). He's also an improved defender. I'm not sure how you can measure effort? My big concern with Westbrook is his style of play. It doesn't seem to work well with age. He relies a lot on his explosiveness and once he gets past 30 that will deflate.
It was a freak injury and so were a majority of Kyrie's injuries. He's got nothing chronic at this point and is still only 23. I expect Blatt to do a better job of managing his minutes this season with a 3-man rotation of Kyrie-Mo-Delly.

He's 23 and you're already talking about managing his minutes. So you DO agree with me that he is injury prone and that he should play less minutes so he can stay relatively healthy. There's no reason to go back-and-forth when you essentially agreed with me. And please don't start with effort level. You clearly know what I meant: One player is a shooter and the other is a wrecking ball with explosiveness unmatched in the league. Last I checked, shooting takes less energy than someone who can get from the three point line to the basket with a blink of an eye and then throw it down with force. It's not about measuring effort at all; it's their style of play.

Jayb587
09-01-2015, 02:29 AM
So how exactly is lebron going to limit his minutes without kyrie playing. Another finals loss for the king coming soon.

Arch Stanton
09-01-2015, 06:29 AM
He's 23 and you're already talking about managing his minutes. So you DO agree with me that he is injury prone and that he should play less minutes so he can stay relatively healthy. There's no reason to go back-and-forth when you essentially agreed with me. And please don't start with effort level. You clearly know what I meant: One player is a shooter and the other is a wrecking ball with explosiveness unmatched in the league. Last I checked, shooting takes less energy than someone who can get from the three point line to the basket with a blink of an eye and then throw it down with force. It's not about measuring effort at all; it's their style of play.

There's nothing wrong with managing minutes no matter what age you are. And you're the one who said he puts in 150% effort. Yeah I'm done with this back and forth.

Jayb587
09-01-2015, 10:05 AM
There's nothing wrong with managing minutes no matter what age you are. And you're the one who said he puts in 150% effort. Yeah I'm done with this back and forth.

Haha. What 23 year old star manages minutes haha. 40 min+ a night.

Vee-Rex
09-01-2015, 11:09 AM
I think it's a little less about minutes and more about Irving's playstyle. Kyrie isn't an explosive player at all - he's not gonna blow by you on the first step. His method of getting by you is through elite dribbling skills, and unfortunately he has to contort his body in many different ways just to get to the rim. Maybe he needs to do yoga or something, heh.

Arch Stanton
09-01-2015, 02:01 PM
Haha. What 23 year old star manages minutes haha. 40 min+ a night.

They're not robots!

FlashBolt
09-02-2015, 01:11 AM
Arch_Stanton, you're making a complete mockery of yourself here. Stop being stubborn. It doesn't take a genius to see that Russell Westbrook puts more effort into every play than Irving.. It's why he's so ruthless out on the court.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2546938-lebron-james-and-carmelo-anthony-laugh-at-russell-westbrook-after-botched-drill

That's just the type of guy he is. Not saying Irving doesn't put any effort but it doesn't take an OKC fan to realize that Westbrook is on another level in that department. And then you mention managing minutes... dude, that's usually the #1 sign of trying to stay healthy! I don't even have to say it, look what Pop does! I've given you facts, you're the one too stubborn to accept it (Cleveland fan or not). Do you want to raise a poll and see whether more people think Westbrook or Irving puts more effort on the court? Yes, I did mention effort but also said that in respect to their play style, it's not about measuring their effort. One guy just plays a certain way of basketball that fits his body while the other plays in a way that he's comfortable in. Curry/Irving are SHOOTERS just like Nash. Nash could not do what Westbrook can do because c'mon, Westbrook is a freak of nature. But, Westbrook can't shoot and that's why he resorts to his athleticism. There is nothing about measuring effort there.. that's solely the way they play.

Arch Stanton
09-02-2015, 08:52 AM
Arch_Stanton, you're making a complete mockery of yourself here. Stop being stubborn. It doesn't take a genius to see that Russell Westbrook puts more effort into every play than Irving.. It's why he's so ruthless out on the court.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2546938-lebron-james-and-carmelo-anthony-laugh-at-russell-westbrook-after-botched-drill

That's just the type of guy he is. Not saying Irving doesn't put any effort but it doesn't take an OKC fan to realize that Westbrook is on another level in that department. And then you mention managing minutes... dude, that's usually the #1 sign of trying to stay healthy! I don't even have to say it, look what Pop does! I've given you facts, you're the one too stubborn to accept it (Cleveland fan or not). Do you want to raise a poll and see whether more people think Westbrook or Irving puts more effort on the court? Yes, I did mention effort but also said that in respect to their play style, it's not about measuring their effort. One guy just plays a certain way of basketball that fits his body while the other plays in a way that he's comfortable in. Curry/Irving are SHOOTERS just like Nash. Nash could not do what Westbrook can do because c'mon, Westbrook is a freak of nature. But, Westbrook can't shoot and that's why he resorts to his athleticism. There is nothing about measuring effort there.. that's solely the way they play.

Uh your entire statement is a mockery. So Westbrook puts in more effort because your an OKC fan and you watch him play. BTW I'm not saying one player puts in more effort than another, I'm saying that how can you measure it? Are you an assistant coach for both the Cavs and the Thunder? Are you defining effort by style of play? Just because he plays with reckless abandon doesn't mean another player is playing with less effort. My point is that it is difficult to measure unless you're spending a lot of time with both players and I highly doubt that is the case. If you want to say it looks like Westbrook puts in more effort than fine I'll give you that. Peace.

FlashBolt
09-02-2015, 01:54 PM
Uh your entire statement is a mockery. So Westbrook puts in more effort because your an OKC fan and you watch him play. BTW I'm not saying one player puts in more effort than another, I'm saying that how can you measure it? Are you an assistant coach for both the Cavs and the Thunder? Are you defining effort by style of play? Just because he plays with reckless abandon doesn't mean another player is playing with less effort. My point is that it is difficult to measure unless you're spending a lot of time with both players and I highly doubt that is the case. If you want to say it looks like Westbrook puts in more effort than fine I'll give you that. Peace.

1) So you claim I'm biased based off what exactly? Do you just call everyone a homer because they don't agree with you here?
2) Like I said, this isn't all about measuring effort when we are simply talking about play style. Do you understand what that means? Listen, go to the park and jack up threes. After you lose that pick-up game, now try playing the way Westbrook plays (clear difference in how they play, don't even refute that).

Do you know how Westbrook gets those rebounds? He is a PG averaging 7 rebounds per game. Do you think that is by accident? Actually, I just realized this: YOU ANSWERED MY STATEMENT ALREADY. Remember when you posted that you're worried about Westbrook's style of play and how that may affect him in the future? So you do agree that Westbrook plays with a bit more edge in his game. That's my point, Kyrie just gets injured while playing a relatively safe style of basketball while Westbrook has been practically immortal for his entire basketball career (dating back to HS, this man hadn't missed a game until Beverley put him out).

My point is simple, you don't need to measure their effort level to see how much they are putting into the game. Some play styles just require more effort than others. I'm sure Kyrie Irving tries his best in every game just like Westbrook but his game doesn't depend on what Westbrook has to do.

Arch Stanton
09-02-2015, 02:26 PM
1) So you claim I'm biased based off what exactly? Do you just call everyone a homer because they don't agree with you here?
2) Like I said, this isn't all about measuring effort when we are simply talking about play style. Do you understand what that means? Listen, go to the park and jack up threes. After you lose that pick-up game, now try playing the way Westbrook plays (clear difference in how they play, don't even refute that).

Do you know how Westbrook gets those rebounds? He is a PG averaging 7 rebounds per game. Do you think that is by accident? Actually, I just realized this: YOU ANSWERED MY STATEMENT ALREADY. Remember when you posted that you're worried about Westbrook's style of play and how that may affect him in the future? So you do agree that Westbrook plays with a bit more edge in his game. That's my point, Kyrie just gets injured while playing a relatively safe style of basketball while Westbrook has been practically immortal for his entire basketball career (dating back to HS, this man hadn't missed a game until Beverley put him out).

My point is simple, you don't need to measure their effort level to see how much they are putting into the game. Some play styles just require more effort than others. I'm sure Kyrie Irving tries his best in every game just like Westbrook but his game doesn't depend on what Westbrook has to do.

Yes that is what this is about. It's about measuring effort, which is nearly impossible to do just watching them play from your couch.

Also, Kyrie doesn't play a relatively safe style of basketball, otherwise he wouldn't get injured. You can call Russ Immortal or practically immortal, but he's missed more time over the past two years than Kyrie. If it happens again this year, then we've got a pretty significant sample size to suggest Russell Westbrook is injury prone.

Arch Stanton
09-02-2015, 02:28 PM
And I'm done with this thread. See ya!!!

OlivaThor
09-04-2015, 07:21 AM
Mo gonna see lots of PT