PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Rose — Accused of Drugging and Gang Raping Ex-Girlfriend

grandsalami
08-26-2015, 09:45 PM
“@TMZ_Sports: Derrick Rose — Accused of Drugging and Gang Raping Ex-Girlfriend http://t.co/amc3ESkUF6

Stunner
08-26-2015, 09:46 PM
Lmaoo this story sound dumb as hell

She was drugged , she escaped with a friend , rose and His henchmen followed her to her house and broke in and raped her in 2013 August . About 10 months after Rose just had a newborn

ISIAH_THOMAS
08-26-2015, 09:49 PM
Derek Cosby

Lincecum55
08-26-2015, 09:52 PM
I don't think he could of done all of that without injuring himself lol

da ThRONe
08-26-2015, 10:09 PM
Wait Rose ask her for permission to sleep with her friends? Why wouldn't he just do it anyways. I mean if he's careless enough to drug and rape her.

Rape is no laughing matter but this story seems really suspect at best.

0nekhmer
08-26-2015, 10:10 PM
Why the **** would you wait TWO years to say anything then? And how exactly was she "incapacitated" if she was with her female friend. She didn't explain what happened to her?

More-Than-Most
08-26-2015, 10:29 PM
Why the **** would you wait TWO years to say anything then? And how exactly was she "incapacitated" if she was with her female friend. She didn't explain what happened to her?

how many rape victims are scared to come forward because of shame and embarrassment? now imagine if its a pro athlete and one of the most popular guys in the world.... Not saying he did or didn't do it but lots of rape victims are scared to come forward and if he did do this i hope he rots in hell and suffers a career ending injury this year and I am never one to wish hurtful things on someone but this is disgusting.

xbrackattackx
08-26-2015, 10:30 PM
http://imgur.com/ys2pWMK

jimm120
08-26-2015, 10:31 PM
In all honesty, most of these stories with celebrities just feel fabricated to an extent.

Celebrities expect sex easily. If you go out with them, you know they're thinking about sex with you and you're thinking about giving it up to them.

You took drugs (weed, ecstacy, etc) with them most probably.
You then had sex. Not rape sex, in which you're held down and can't do anything. No. Sex with you participating.
Then you go and say that it was rape.

I hate Kobe, but I doubt that his thing was rape too. You are flirting and giving off signals. you then get invited to their room after drinking and flirting. Then you start to have sex. But you don't like something in the middle of it, but you still continue...and then boom, rape.

Nah.

Maybe I'm just too conservative in my ways. But if you're at the club, flirting, touching, and inviting someone to a room after all that...then yeah, I believe it is to have sex.

Captain Moroni
08-26-2015, 10:37 PM
Wow if this is true
Shame on her if false

CarolinaKing
08-26-2015, 10:41 PM
i call BS

Shammyguy3
08-26-2015, 10:43 PM
In all honesty, most of these stories with celebrities just feel fabricated to an extent.

Celebrities expect sex easily. If you go out with them, you know they're thinking about sex with you and you're thinking about giving it up to them.

You took drugs (weed, ecstacy, etc) with them most probably.
You then had sex. Not rape sex, in which you're held down and can't do anything. No. Sex with you participating.
Then you go and say that it was rape.

I hate Kobe, but I doubt that his thing was rape too. You are flirting and giving off signals. you then get invited to their room after drinking and flirting. Then you start to have sex. But you don't like something in the middle of it, but you still continue...and then boom, rape.

Nah.

Maybe I'm just too conservative in my ways. But if you're at the club, flirting, touching, and inviting someone to a room after all that...then yeah, I believe it is to have sex.

If you take drugs or consume enough alcohol where you aren't liable for your decisions, it is not consensual sex at that point. Even if one's intention WAS to have sex that night, if they change their mind at any point, whether prior to having sex or in the middle of sex or a sexual act, and thereon after is forced to continue, that's rape.

Stunner
08-26-2015, 10:46 PM
She say her friend helped her home after she got drugged but then Rose and his friends broke in? The friend left her drugged friend alone ?

FlashBolt
08-26-2015, 10:52 PM
This explains his injuries....

Joking aside, these hoes really ain't loyal.

Pierzynski4Prez
08-26-2015, 10:55 PM
The fact that instead of filing criminal charges, she is just suing him in a civil suit makes me pretty skeptical.

mrblisterdundee
08-26-2015, 10:56 PM
Wow if this is true
Shame on her if false

This is the most reasonable answer I've seen on this thread.

Scoots
08-27-2015, 12:51 AM
I hate to doubt rape accusers ... but that 2 year gap is a bit scary.

Regardless of the facts I hope she has a strong support system around her.

More-Than-Most
08-27-2015, 01:27 AM
everyone in here just auto assumes she is telling lies because of a 2 year gap? why dont you do your homework on how many raped people come forward.

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/lifestyle/advice/a3653/why-most-victims-dont-report-rape/

More-Than-Most
08-27-2015, 01:30 AM
the sad part is if its true they will settle out of court and she will get hush money... Kobe Bryant and so on and its ****ing stupid.

Stunner
08-27-2015, 02:20 AM
The plaintiff’s allegations are completely false and without any factual basis. This is nothing more than a desperate attempt to shake down a highly respected and successful athlete. Mr. Rose was in a non-exclusive, consensual sexual relationship with the plaintiff for over two years.

The plaintiff expressed no complaints about Mr. Rose until various lawyers began to surface, and demand that the plaintiff be paid millions of dollars. This is the third lawyer the plaintiff has retained in this matter. Two years have passed since Mr. Rose ended the consensual relationship with the plaintiff. And her claims are as meritless now as they were two years ago.

We have complete confidence that the case will be dismissed and that Mr. Rose will be vindicated.”
http://thesportsquotient.com/nba/2015/8/26/derrick-rose-accused-of-drugging-gang-raping-ex-girlfriend

Gander13SM
08-27-2015, 02:54 AM
The fact that instead of filing criminal charges, she is just suing him in a civil suit makes me pretty skeptical.

This is the part that I cant fathom. Makes no sense.

Sofnr
08-27-2015, 04:08 AM
Color me skeptical on this one. She shows up 2 years after her relationship with Rose ended just to sue him? You never know in these cases but it seems like a money play. Either way i can't imagine where she's going to come up with evidence.

JasonJohnHorn
08-27-2015, 07:15 AM
Unless there is proof strongly proving guilty, ALL names should be protected.

I hate this double standard. Somebody with no physical proof can make accusations that they are trying to profit from, and the person being accused has their name dragged through the mud regardless of the credibility of the accuser of the quality of evidence.

This may be true, in which case it is awful. However, until we know one way or the other, we should extend the same courtesy to both parties and allow both to remain anonymous.

mightybosstone
08-27-2015, 07:39 AM
http://thesportsquotient.com/nba/2015/8/26/derrick-rose-accused-of-drugging-gang-raping-ex-girlfriend
You know what part of that statement stood out to me? "And her claims are as meritless now as they were two years ago." So it sounds like she had at least made this claim to someone at some point after it happened. If she approached someone else with this story two years ago, a jury could consider that as evidence.

This is the part that I cant fathom. Makes no sense.
Actually, it makes perfect sense. Think about it. It's a two-year-old rape case. There's going to very little evidence available to convict Rose or the other two guys of this crime in a criminal trial. And with the money and power backing Rose, she stands no chance of winning that case. But she can easily hurt him by taking his money in a civil suit. The same thing happened to OJ. He won the criminal case, but lost a ton of money in the civil suit.

mightybosstone
08-27-2015, 07:46 AM
I've gotta say, I'm a little disappointed in Bulls fans I've seen on both this site and others after these allegations came out. I mean, to some extent I get it. He's your favorite player and you want to give him the benefit of the doubt. But these allegations are really, really serious, and if even a fraction of this stuff is true, it should make you rethink your love of the guy. Just because a rape victim comes forward two years later with a somewhat shaky story doesn't mean the story doesn't have some merit.

I've always said that I don't really care what athletes say in the media or do off the court as long as they aren't committing violent crimes, putting others in harms way or cheating. This is the kind of thing that would make me seriously question my love of any professional athlete. If Rose is found innocent and this does turn out to be a bogus story, then you breath a sigh of relief and get back to supporting the guy again. But don't just dismiss the allegations entirely just because he plays for your favorite team.

jmartin80
08-27-2015, 08:03 AM
Not a big Derrick Rose fan. Huge Patrick Kane fan. Both need to be investigated throughly and will hold off judgement until more details are present.

Odd though that charges are not being pressed and that only 1 of the 3 who she is accusing is getting sued.

Teufelshunde4
08-27-2015, 08:13 AM

She wants go away money... she likely doesn't want a trail.. just wants to get paid to go away.

Why athletes and celebrities don't make people they are gonna have sex with sign a waiver and non disclosure agreement. Plus this is also why most celebrities date only other celebrities

ewing
08-27-2015, 08:24 AM
everyone in here just auto assumes she is telling lies because of a 2 year gap? why dont you do your homework on how many raped people come forward.

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/lifestyle/advice/a3653/why-most-victims-dont-report-rape/

you read cosmo?

ewing
08-27-2015, 08:26 AM
Unless there is proof strongly proving guilty, ALL names should be protected.

I hate this double standard. Somebody with no physical proof can make accusations that they are trying to profit from, and the person being accused has their name dragged through the mud regardless of the credibility of the accuser of the quality of evidence.

This may be true, in which case it is awful. However, until we know one way or the other, we should extend the same courtesy to both parties and allow both to remain anonymous.

good point

Animosity
08-27-2015, 08:53 AM
This seems shady. 2 years and 3 lawyers after a break up. Civil suit only. I'm wondering if the time frame had to do with lawyers not taking the case. Seems like any lawyer would want a high profile rape case. Only suing the high profile guy? Would think all 3 would be named in the lawsuit. Wonder what evidence there is?No clue what actually happened but seems like this is half baked. Could be just ****** media. Could be a bad lie.

IBleedPurple
08-27-2015, 09:08 AM

you read cosmo?Lol.

shep33
08-27-2015, 09:21 AM
Not buying this.

mike_noodles
08-27-2015, 09:34 AM
I have my doubts, but she could be telling the truth

pacofunk64
08-27-2015, 10:03 AM
If she went to the hospital and had a rape analysis done on her then she has a case but if she did not do this then it's her word against theirs. If I reported a burglary 2 years down the line I would likely be laughed at unless I had substantial evidence.

Also in response to the cosmo article that someone posted above. It states 95% don't report rape and in a lot of those cases they weren't sure if it was rape. Well no ****...if they weren't sure at the time if it was rape then how the **** would they report it as a rape. If you are unclear, I mean if I told a woman no and she forcefully had sex with me, I would know that was rape.

D-Leethal
08-27-2015, 10:11 AM
She probably didn't go to the cops because she was cashing in on Derricks NBA/Adidas money. When their relationship went into the gutter, it was time to get paid. Sounds like a real keeper.

MonroeFAN
08-27-2015, 10:43 AM
Lmaoo this story sound dumb as hell

She was drugged , she escaped with a friend , rose and His henchmen followed her to her house and broke in and raped her in 2013 August . About 10 months after Rose just had a newborn

You are about as blind of a homer as they get, and it's no surprise that your comment is the first. Seriously, who would have bet against you having a negative comment about this?

"Lmao this story sound dumb as hell"? You know what else sounds "dumb as hell" ?

Munkeysuit
08-27-2015, 10:49 AM
I hope this isn't true, this is one of the craziest stories I've ever heard involving an NBA player...

TheIlladelph16
08-27-2015, 10:53 AM
I've gotta say, I'm a little disappointed in Bulls fans I've seen on both this site and others after these allegations came out. I mean, to some extent I get it. He's your favorite player and you want to give him the benefit of the doubt. But these allegations are really, really serious, and if even a fraction of this stuff is true, it should make you rethink your love of the guy. Just because a rape victim comes forward two years later with a somewhat shaky story doesn't mean the story doesn't have some merit.

I've always said that I don't really care what athletes say in the media or do off the court as long as they aren't committing violent crimes, putting others in harms way or cheating. This is the kind of thing that would make me seriously question my love of any professional athlete. If Rose is found innocent and this does turn out to be a bogus story, then you breath a sigh of relief and get back to supporting the guy again. But don't just dismiss the allegations entirely just because he plays for your favorite team.

Agreed man. I understand celebrities are natural targets for an alleged scheme like this and we want to not believe the worst in our "heroes" but the outright dismissal and vitriol directed at the accuser I'm seeing from the vast majority of Bulls fans is disgusting. Don't declare the man guilty yet by any means, but don't attack the accuser until the facts come out.

flips333
08-27-2015, 10:53 AM

Even if he win the civil case I still wouldn't dismiss the allegations. Honestly the chances you are convicted (or in this case lose a civil case) if you did nothing wrong are a hell of a lot lower than the chances you get away with it. It's the nature of these types of cases.

mike_noodles
08-27-2015, 10:54 AM
This thread would make a great case study.

Scoots
08-27-2015, 11:30 AM
I had a good friend lose his job over a rape accusation from an ex-gf, she took it all the way to court, got a friend to lie on the stand ... he was acquitted because he had proof he didn't do it (and how often can THAT happen?), she then attacked him and vandalized his car and stalked him and essentially forced him to abandon his entire life to get away from her ... before that I would not have believed it could happen.

I hope that if Rose did it she gets her day in court ... if he didn't then she should get her time in jail.

Rape is unspeakably horrible, but false accusations are essentially a social and emotional rape too and that crime should not go unpunished if there is somehow proof that it is an actual fabrication.

D-Leethal
08-27-2015, 11:57 AM
I understand the allegations are ****ing terrible. But we also must understand how often athletes get wrongfully accused of rape. Sure, plenty of it holds up, but plenty of it is nothing but an attempt at a cash grab. Chicks accusing athletes of rape is one of those things nobody should form a strong opinion on until the details start to reveal themselves.

Sofnr
08-27-2015, 12:02 PM
Being a Bulls fan has little to do with my personal reaction to this case. If Rose is guilty of these charges i hope he's banned from the league and sent to prison. They are some pretty nasty accusations. This isn't your typical athlete has sex with drunk girl rape case we usually run into. She claims they drugged her, she escaped, they broke into her house and gangraped her. It would pretty much make Rose one of the most despicable human beings on the planet. So color me a little wary and skeptical, and I'm not going to jump to believe it based on the word of an ex girlfriend who showed up after two years of no longer dating an athlete and is just suing for money. We've seen this before. It's certainly possible she's telling the truth. I'm not gonna jump to condemn a guy based on one honestly outlandish story from years ago, especially if there is no evidence to back it up.

D-Leethal
08-27-2015, 12:09 PM
Being a Bulls fan has little to do with my personal reaction to this case. If Rose is guilty of these charges i hope he's banned from the league and sent to prison. They are some pretty nasty accusations. This isn't your typical athlete has sex with drunk girl rape case we usually run into. She claims they drugged her, she escaped, they broke into her house and gangraped her. It would pretty much make Rose one of the most despicable human beings on the planet. So color me a little wary and skeptical, and I'm not going to jump to believe it based on the word of an ex girlfriend who showed up after two years of no longer dating an athlete and is just suing for money. We've seen this before. It's certainly possible she's telling the truth. I'm not gonna jump to condemn a guy based on one honestly outlandish story from years ago, especially if there is no evidence to back it up.

I mean a person in Rose's position would have to be the stupidest person on the face of the Earth to do what she is saying he did. That said, Rose seems like he is a complete and utter moron. On top of that, you could say the same exact thing I said in sentence 1 for Aaron Hernandez, Darren Sharper and Bill Cosby. I just need to hear more legitimate details into the investigation before Rose joins those 3 on the list of despicable human beings in my eyes.

Tony_Starks
08-27-2015, 12:16 PM
That hair and nails money done dried up I see.....

RaiderLakersA's
08-27-2015, 01:50 PM

Same here.

I've never been a rape victim, but if someone assaults me in a felonious fashion, cops will be involved one way or the other...more than likely because I ended up killing the man for testing me. Rape is the horror of horrors. And gang rape while incapacitated or suffering diminished capacity is exponentially worse. So why wouldn't you call the authorities and have the alleged perpetrators arrested the minute that you were sober enough to recollect and make a call? I don't understand.

D-Leethal
08-27-2015, 02:13 PM
Same here.

I've never been a rape victim, but if someone assaults me in a felonious fashion, cops will be involved one way or the other...more than likely because I ended up killing the man for testing me.

I lol'ed

Then again you do have a Raiders avatar.

InRoseWeTrust
08-27-2015, 02:44 PM
If true, he deserves significant jail time.

If not true, she deserves substantial penalties.

That being said, anyone saying "it's not true" should definitely wait to make such a definitive statement. None of us know anything other than the limited reporting that is currently available. Likewise, anyone saying "how dare you say it's not true, this is disgusting and Rose should rot" is being just as stupid.

Unfortunately, this wouldn't be the first time an athlete was falsely accused of rape (and, to be fair, this wouldn't be the first time an athlete committed a rape). Sure, the accusations seem a little outlandish, and the gap in time certainly doesn't help her cause, but that doesn't mean nothing happened. For now, though, none of us really know.

As an aside, if he didn't do it, I feel awful for him. These things never go away. Case in point:

Even if he win the civil case I still wouldn't dismiss the allegations.

That type of sentiment is unfortunately too common. These accusations are going to follow Rose around for the rest of his career and life, regardless of whatever proof he is able to put forward to establish his innocence.

Scoots
08-27-2015, 02:49 PM
It IS possible that she tried a criminal route and the DA refused to file after a lengthy investigation, then she tried for compensation directly and only failing that went for a civil suit. It just shows how little we know.

By the way, an accusation does not equal guilt, but neither does a lack of a finding the her in the case. Women have been paid off for worse.

RaiderLakersA's
08-27-2015, 03:50 PM
I lol'ed

Then again you do have a Raiders avatar.

LOL!

What can I say, I grew up in some rough neighborhoods. Plus, I suffered child abuse at the hands of my mother's then fiancé at the time. Eight years getting punched, kicked, knocked around and beaten without knowing why. If he came up short in his day we were paying the cost. And he came up short often. Sometimes three times a day.

Needless to say, once I was old enough to hit the gym, I did so with a vengeance. When the time came I tracked the m********* down and let him know that what he did to me and my siblings as a kid was wrong…in the only language that he understood: man to man. I’m told that he’s still missing teeth, partially blind, and suffers some type of brain trauma on account of our “gentleman’s discussion.” He had it coming.

Adrian Peterson better hope that his son doesn’t feel the same when he comes of age.

RaiderLakersA's
08-27-2015, 03:52 PM
It IS possible that she tried a criminal route and the DA refused to file after a lengthy investigation, then she tried for compensation directly and only failing that went for a civil suit. It just shows how little we know.

Good point.

da ThRONe
08-27-2015, 04:41 PM
I mean a person in Rose's position would have to be the stupidest person on the face of the Earth to do what she is saying he did. That said, Rose seems like he is a complete and utter moron. On top of that, you could say the same exact thing I said in sentence 1 for Aaron Hernandez, Darren Sharper and Bill Cosby. I just need to hear more legitimate details into the investigation before Rose joins those 3 on the list of despicable human beings in my eyes.

I would say the one significant difference between Cosby and Sharper(not sure why you mentioned Hernandez) is she claims Rose and the other two broke into her home after she was able to get away with help of a friend. That just seems very strange to me.

grandsalami
08-27-2015, 04:46 PM
Here is the complaint.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/276510161/Rose-Derrick-v-Jane-Doe-Complaint

Yikes

xbrackattackx
08-27-2015, 04:48 PM
Props. I had a discussion like that with a uncle who thought it was okay to abuse children. Never me, but he made a mistake of touching my cousin. Gentleman time.

Scoots
08-27-2015, 05:05 PM
Here is the complaint.

Yikes

"and DOES 1-10" ... dayam!

It's odd seeing a relationship detailed by a lawyer.

InRoseWeTrust
08-27-2015, 05:27 PM
"and DOES 1-10" ... dayam!

It's odd seeing a relationship detailed by a lawyer.

DOE is a term in California law that lawyers use to name Defendants whose identity they don't know yet - it's a placeholder term for someone whose identity only becomes known later in discovery. For instance, if I was attacked by you and 2 of your friends (who I didn't know), I could sue "InRoseWeTrust vs. Scoots and DOES 1-2", and then substitute in your friends names later in the lawsuit. It's completely separate from the term "Jane Doe."

JasonJohnHorn
08-27-2015, 09:50 PM

I think the reason some people are doubting (and not all mind you, as some would doubt regardless), is that when she finally did come forward, it was to get money, not justice.

I know several female friends I am close with who never came forward, or when they did, there was no evidence. So I understand that there can be a delay, but I also reserve judgement until all the facts are in and I am a firm believer that unless the evidence is overwhelmingly compelling, or there is a serial issue where there is the potential for more victims, ALL NAMES should be kept out of the press, not just the accuser's and/or victim's name. It's ridiculous that there are two potential victims, but only one gets protection from the press. Both people are being accused of wrong doing, one of rape, one of lying. There's no reason to ruin either's reputation until all the facts are in.

Stunner
08-27-2015, 10:03 PM
@KCJHoop: Rose statement: "I'm just focusing on staying healthy and getting ready for the season. I'm not going to comment other than to say: (cont.)"

@KCJHoop: End Rose statement: "I know the truth and am confident I will be proven innocent."

Sofnr
08-28-2015, 08:23 AM
Here is the complaint.

Yikes

I'll be honest. After reading that the story seems a little less outlandish. She is very detailed and would seemingly have quite a few people to back her story. If these people all exist and corroborate, and if it's possible to look back at the texts then there is definitely a case there. That's not to say she may not have made it all up, and i still won't judge until there is clear evidence, but her story seems a little more believable and may have 5-6 people backing up parts of it.

Scoots
08-28-2015, 10:32 AM
DOE is a term in California law that lawyers use to name Defendants whose identity they don't know yet - it's a placeholder term for someone whose identity only becomes known later in discovery. For instance, if I was attacked by you and 2 of your friends (who I didn't know), I could sue "InRoseWeTrust vs. Scoots and DOES 1-2", and then substitute in your friends names later in the lawsuit. It's completely separate from the term "Jane Doe."

I know that ... I meant that it was extreme to add 10 unknowns. Were these unknowns involved in the gang rape? If so ... yikes.

D-Leethal
08-28-2015, 11:03 AM
I would say the one significant difference between Cosby and Sharper(not sure why you mentioned Hernandez) is she claims Rose and the other two broke into her home after she was able to get away with help of a friend. That just seems very strange to me.

I wasn't specifically talking nature of the crime, I was talking "Multi-millionaire superstar athlete/celeb with the world at their fingertips and the resources to do anything their hearts desired throwing it all away for a senseless and despicable crime that could turn their entire world upside down overnight" when I mentioned those guys.

Sofnr
08-28-2015, 11:08 AM
I know that ... I meant that it was extreme to add 10 unknowns. Were these unknowns involved in the gang rape? If so ... yikes.

I thought it seemed pretty clear that the only people she was accusing of rape were the three main defendants. I took the DOES 1-10 to be other people involved who she thought could have prevented it.

Scoots
08-28-2015, 11:25 AM
I thought it seemed pretty clear that the only people she was accusing of rape were the three main defendants. I took the DOES 1-10 to be other people involved who she thought could have prevented it.

Yeah, but it didn't rule it out. At any rate ... There is no point really talking about it because hopefully the public perception of this should have no bearing on the outcome.

da ThRONe
08-28-2015, 11:48 AM
I wasn't specifically talking nature of the crime, I was talking "Multi-millionaire superstar athlete/celeb with the world at their fingertips and the resources to do anything their hearts desired throwing it all away for a senseless and despicable crime that could turn their entire world upside down overnight" when I mentioned those guys.

OK gotcha

InRoseWeTrust
08-28-2015, 01:05 PM

Yeah, but it didn't rule it out. At any rate ... There is no point really talking about it because hopefully the public perception of this should have no bearing on the outcome.

She'll probably never name anyone to those 10 DOE slots. Pretty much every single complaint filed will have at least 10 DOE defendants in the caption just in case you need to name someone at a later point in time - it makes it a whole lot easier to amend the Complaint and minimizes the risk that you'll run into a statute of limitations problem.

Edit: typo

Sofnr
08-28-2015, 01:13 PM
She'll probably never name anyone to those 10 DOE slots. Pretty much every single complaint filed with have at least 10 DOE defendants in the caption just in case you need to name someone at a later point in time - it makes it a whole lot easier to amend the Complaint and minimizes the risk that you'll run into a statute of limitations problem.

ah, that makes a lot of sense.

Shammyguy3
08-28-2015, 01:49 PM

yup

TopsyTurvy
08-28-2015, 04:40 PM
yup

The problem isn't limited to Bulls fans, it's indicative of a failure of society to recognize the culture surrounding a heinous invasion of rights - the right of consent.

The saddest part is how many people are genuinely ignorant, but the dialog is now open for better or worse. Hopefully people learn a thing or two.