PDA

View Full Version : Is Lebron James A Hall Of Famer and Top 10 Player Ever?

RocketLoc80
08-26-2015, 10:59 AM
Simple explainations?

Dade County
08-26-2015, 11:28 AM
Yes & Yes.

Lbj is top 10 right now, but he hurt his top 4 spot when he gave Dallas a championship. Anyone can clearly see that he is a living legend; just to may teams have won rings off of him.

But he approaches the game of basketball as a business (story lines sale), so whatever.

Clippersfan86
08-26-2015, 11:42 AM
Lol. Wtf kind of question is this? Yes a top 5 all time player with a legit shot to be considered top 3 is a HOF worthy player man. Comon.

hugepatsfan
08-26-2015, 11:46 AM
Duh.

Clippersfan86
08-26-2015, 11:48 AM
Next thread: "Was Kobe a great scorer?".

Gibby23
08-26-2015, 11:51 AM
Lol. Wtf kind of question is this? Yes a top 5 all time player with a legit shot to be considered top 3 is a HOF worthy player man. Comon.

Lol. This. Why ask, He has been the best player of the last 10 years. Best in his generation from 2004 to present and so far he is better than the next wave of young players like Durant, Harden, Westbrook, Curry. Anothy Davis has a chance to take the crown for this next group.

greg_ory_2005
08-26-2015, 11:55 AM
Yes. Obviously

Tony_Starks
08-26-2015, 12:04 PM
Next thread: "Was Kobe a great scorer?".

The funny part is you have a lot of haters here that would probably argue no. At least the people that dislike Lebron still acknowledge his greatness.

Kobe haters have no basketball common sense or conscience.....

PurpleLynch
08-26-2015, 12:05 PM
He's both a Hof and a top 10 player of all time(not sure about his place,but he's in)

jmartin80
08-26-2015, 12:06 PM
As a fan who admits to hating Lebron, it is obvious that the answers to both these questions are yes.

Trust me, if I didn't have to say yes, I wouldn't. But I don't even think these questions are debatable at this point.

Hawkeye15
08-26-2015, 02:17 PM
The funny part is you have a lot of haters here that would probably argue no. At least the people that dislike Lebron still acknowledge his greatness.

nobody in their right mind would argue against Kobe being a great scorer. Are there better? Sure, but he is on that top list no doubt. Even someone who doesn't like a player should be able to have a rational view of the player.

Hawkeye15
08-26-2015, 02:18 PM
as to the OP's question, yes, LeBron is a top 10 player ever, and will be a first ballot HOF'er

Tony_Starks
08-26-2015, 02:41 PM

nobody in their right mind would argue against Kobe being a great scorer. Are there better? Sure, but he is on that top list no doubt. Even someone who doesn't like a player should be able to have a rational view of the player.

Well there must be alot of people around that are not in their right mind. I can't tell you how many times I've seen the famous "ANYBODY can score if you give them a ton of shots" tired argument used around here.

Hawkeye15
08-26-2015, 03:05 PM
Well there must be alot of people around that are not in their right mind. I can't tell you how many times I've seen the famous "ANYBODY can score if you give them a ton of shots" tired argument used around here.

I think "Volume scorer" gets looked at negatively by many. But that term can describe so many types of players. Kobe isn't the most efficient ever, but for his usage, and number of shots taken, he has been very efficient when you think about it. Could he have tried to become a better 3 point shooter maybe? I guess, but he also came in when that wasn't nearly as big of a part of the game as it is now, why should we beat him up for it now? Kobe didn't have the body to just mow down the lane like a LeBron, and the game was evolved enough yet with analytics to determine long 2s are not great shots. Considering his skillset, and the league he walked into, damn straight he is the best scorer of his generation.

krazylegz
08-26-2015, 03:11 PM
threads like this is why this site can be such a joke

Clippersfan86
08-26-2015, 03:27 PM
I think "Volume scorer" gets looked at negatively by many. But that term can describe so many types of players. Kobe isn't the most efficient ever, but for his usage, and number of shots taken, he has been very efficient when you think about it. Could he have tried to become a better 3 point shooter maybe? I guess, but he also came in when that wasn't nearly as big of a part of the game as it is now, why should we beat him up for it now? Kobe didn't have the body to just mow down the lane like a LeBron, and the game was evolved enough yet with analytics to determine long 2s are not great shots. Considering his skillset, and the league he walked into, damn straight he is the best scorer of his generation.

Pretty much. He's no Steph Curry with efficiency but as you said on that volume/usage he's among the best of the best and the best of this generation. He could kill you in so many ways.

Hawkeye15
08-26-2015, 03:51 PM
Pretty much. He's no Steph Curry with efficiency but as you said on that volume/usage he's among the best of the best and the best of this generation. He could kill you in so many ways.

And I think if Kobe enters the league 13 years later though, he does incorporate the three ball in a lot more. It simply wasn't something he spent a lot of time on.

ManRam
08-26-2015, 03:51 PM
Absolutely 110% "yes" to the first. Anyone who says otherwise is simply wrong. It's not a matter of opinion.

I think you could entertain an argument that he hasn't already had a top-10 career. But I do think it's pretty clear that he's one of the 10 best players to ever set foot on a court. You could maybe finagle his resume into an argument against a top-10 career, but that's tough IMO.

Clippersfan86
08-26-2015, 04:06 PM
And I think if Kobe enters the league 13 years later though, he does incorporate the three ball in a lot more. It simply wasn't something he spent a lot of time on.

The midrange was a much much bigger staple of the 90's and 2000-2010 if I recall from the data. I know visually it seems that way.

curtcocaine
08-26-2015, 04:26 PM
I'd like the OP to name 10 players all time thats better than Bron.

Hawkeye15
08-26-2015, 04:28 PM
The midrange was a much much bigger staple of the 90's and 2000-2010 if I recall from the data. I know visually it seems that way.

I read in game 3 of the finals, that Steph had already hit more three's in this years postseason, than every playoff team combined hit in the first playoffs with a three point line haha

Just different now.

Clippersfan86
08-26-2015, 04:40 PM
I read in game 3 of the finals, that Steph had already hit more three's in this years postseason, than every playoff team combined hit in the first playoffs with a three point line haha

Just different now.

Jesus. That's absurd, yet somehow not surprising when talking about Chef Curry.

Chronz
08-26-2015, 04:43 PM

By alot you mean few

FlashBolt
08-26-2015, 10:58 PM

This isn't about Kobe... He only mentioned Kobe as a comparison to the idea. Can you stop with the Kobe vs LeBron argument?

Some people just hate Kobe just like some people just hate LeBron. If someone claims Kobe isn't a great scorer, then you have to assume they are trolling. Many never had an issue with him being a great scorer but the fact that he does take a high quantity of shots. Last season, was there really a reason for him to take that many shots?

Original question, this shouldn't even be a question. Mods should close this and ban any user declaring otherwise. He's been top ten since those two rings and right now, it's about solidifying the rest of his career into the history books. I can't name ten players better than Bron anyhow...

slashsnake
08-27-2015, 01:03 AM

Yeah, guys you think of back in the day... Kerr, Hodges, Dell Curry, etc shot a LOT of midrange shots. Look at 3pt rates today vs. then and you have guys with over half their shots coming behind the arc. Kerr shot 37% of his from there.. Michael Adams about the same. Lebron and Kobe would have been leading the league in 3pt's made nearly every year 25-30 years ago.

IKnowHoops
08-27-2015, 01:54 AM

And this

ewing
08-27-2015, 06:40 AM
i think he is but i also think he is in the second 5 of that top 10

mightybosstone
08-27-2015, 07:56 AM
For me, the answers are obviously an emphatic "Yes!" However, why even bring up Lebron's Hall of Fame candidacy in the first place? I suppose if you used the right arguments (mainly longevity), you could make a case that Lebron is outside of the top 10 all-time, but even that opinion would be in the minority. But what NBA fan in his right mind would suggest Lebron doesn't deserve to be in the Hall of Fame? He's not just a first ballot Hall of Famer. He was a first ballot Hall of Famer like 4-5 years ago. To even ask the question is totally ridiculous.

Then again, when I consider the OP, I can't say I'm surprised. The vast majority of Rocketloc's contributions to this site come in the form of Lebron hate threads. I haven't been frequenting PSD as of late, but I can't remember the last time I saw him make a thread that didn't open up the discussion to trash Lebron.

slashsnake
08-27-2015, 08:06 AM
For me, the answers are obviously an emphatic "Yes!" However, why even bring up Lebron's Hall of Fame candidacy in the first place? I suppose if you used the right arguments (mainly longevity), you could make a case that Lebron is outside of the top 10 all-time, but even that opinion would be in the minority. But what NBA fan in his right mind would suggest Lebron doesn't deserve to be in the Hall of Fame? He's not just a first ballot Hall of Famer. He was a first ballot Hall of Famer like 4-5 years ago. To even ask the question is totally ridiculous.

Then again, when I consider the OP, I can't say I'm surprised. The vast majority of Rocketloc's contributions to this site come in the form of Lebron hate threads. I haven't been frequenting PSD as of late, but I can't remember the last time I saw him make a thread that didn't open up the discussion to trash Lebron.

Yeah, that's just crap to throw in the HOF bit... Like what? Are you saying his NBA and INT'L career isn't up to par with Mitch Richmond yet? I just don't see anything else you can call him but a troll.

RateSports
08-27-2015, 09:57 AM
Next Thread:

"Does Rodger Goodell suck?"

Munkeysuit
08-27-2015, 10:44 AM
Top 10 all time right now, top 4 all time after he's done.