PDA

View Full Version : Where should Shaq have gone for his final season?

JasonJohnHorn
08-25-2015, 02:37 PM
In his last season, Shaq took the vet min to play for the Celtics, that that didn't turn out well (though that team would have swept their way to the championship if everybody had been five years younger).

In hindsight, what team should Shaq have went with, other than the obvious choice of Dallas, who won the championship?

Chronz
08-25-2015, 02:44 PM
He chose the right team. Miami didn't want him. When he was healthy the Celtics were dominant.

Oakmont_4
08-25-2015, 03:16 PM
In his last season, Shaq took the vet min to play for the Celtics, that that didn't turn out well (though that team would have swept their way to the championship if everybody had been five years younger).

In hindsight, what team should Shaq have went with, other than the obvious choice of Dallas, who won the championship?

He made the right choice. That Celtics team was dominant when he was on the court. Unfortunately injuries derailed their season, namely Shaq being injured.

Any team Shaq would've gone to would have had the same outcome...Shaq got hurt, so him being on a different team would have been inconsequential come playoff time because he wouldn't have been on the court.

hugepatsfan
08-25-2015, 03:22 PM
He chose the right team. Miami didn't want him. When he was healthy the Celtics were dominant.

Dominant is stronger than I would say but pretty much this. The biggest problem BOS had that year was that Shaq himself didn't stay healthy so I don't think you can really say there was a "better" place for him.

brebre82
08-25-2015, 04:01 PM
i think he should've gone to WHO GIVES A ****

slashsnake
08-27-2015, 05:43 AM
Is TNT an option?

Dade County
08-27-2015, 08:41 AM
He should have behaved himself in the Mia; and he might have been able to get another ring coming off the bench (less minutes might have saved him for an injury).

Instead of bouncing around to 3 or 4 teams...smh

Munkeysuit
08-27-2015, 10:48 AM
I think he chose well with the Celtics.

hugepatsfan
08-28-2015, 10:16 AM
He should have behaved himself in the Mia; and he might have been able to get another ring coming off the bench (less minutes might have saved him for an injury).

Instead of bouncing around to 3 or 4 teams...smh

He played 20 minutes a game with the Celtics his last year. Would MIA or anyone have played him less than that? I don't think there was any saving him from injury. He could still play but his time was just up health-wise.

Slug3
08-28-2015, 11:33 AM
He played 20 minutes a game with the Celtics his last year. Would MIA or anyone have played him less than that? I don't think there was any saving him from injury. He could still play but his time was just up health-wise.

Shaq was known for being lazy in his prime, so he was probably even more lazy his last year and wasn't in the nest of shape. That probably could have been the only thing to save him from injury. But the Celtics did a good job of limiting his minutes.

hugepatsfan
08-28-2015, 11:40 AM
Shaq was known for being lazy in his prime, so he was probably even more lazy his last year and wasn't in the nest of shape. That probably could have been the only thing to save him from injury. But the Celtics did a good job of limiting his minutes.

So I guess your answer to the OP is "to the gym more" :laugh2:

Chronz
08-28-2015, 12:19 PM

He was known for being lazy? And because of that you could tell what shape he was in? Probably just unlucky