1) shaq
2) kobe
3) lebron
4) duncan
5) wade
6) kg
7) durant
8) tmac
9) iverson? steph curry? russell westbrook?
10) dirk? webber? melo?

this is off the top of my head.. what do you guys think?

DanG
08-24-2015, 01:47 PM
1. Shaq

2-4 is interesting with LeBron, Duncan and Kobe.

Kobe - 5 titles, 2 FMVP, 1 MVP
LeBron - 2 titles, 2 FMVP, 5 MVP
Duncan - 4 titles, 2 FMVP , 2 MVP

It's close, but i'm leaning towards
EDIT: 2. LeBron
3. Duncan
4. Kobe
5. Wade

don't care about the rest.

FlashBolt
08-24-2015, 02:15 PM
Are we judging this off who is really the best player (peak prime), or who had the most achievements?

Minimal
08-24-2015, 02:32 PM
1. LeBron
2. Shaq
3. Kobe
4. Duncan
5. Wade
6. Dirk
7. Durant
8. KG
9. Chris Paul
10. Dwight Howard

JasonJohnHorn
08-24-2015, 09:11 PM
Considering how many years were put in, and level of performance, without putting too much weight on ring count (which is in many instances based on good fortune)

1. Duncan
2. LBJ
3. Kobe
4. Shaq
5. KG
6. Dirk
7. CP3
8. Wade
9. Durant
10. Gasol

I would rank those guys differently if it were just a straigh comparison. Shaq, for instance, would be ahead of Kobe, but he had a lot of his success prior to 2000. Durant would likely rank higher with more season (I'd put hi ahead of Wade for sure), and Curry would be on the list as well, but he's only had a few season now.

I'd likely have Dirk a little lower to, but his best year are in that period, so... And LBJ might rank ahead of Duncan if they started at the same time, but Duncan get a lot of points for consistent excellence and health, as well as the fact that he's played extremely well EVERY season.

WaDe03
08-24-2015, 09:40 PM
1. Shaq
2. Kobe
3. LeBron
4. Duncan
5. Wade
6. Dirk
7. KG
8. Chris Paul
9. Iverson
10. Dwight

WaDe03
08-24-2015, 09:41 PM
Considering how many years were put in, and level of performance, without putting too much weight on ring count (which is in many instances based on good fortune)

1. Duncan
2. LBJ
3. Kobe
4. Shaq
5. KG
6. Dirk
7. CP3
8. Wade
9. Durant
10. Gasol

I would rank those guys differently if it were just a straigh comparison. Shaq, for instance, would be ahead of Kobe, but he had a lot of his success prior to 2000. Durant would likely rank higher with more season (I'd put hi ahead of Wade for sure), and Curry would be on the list as well, but he's only had a few season now.

I'd likely have Dirk a little lower to, but his best year are in that period, so... And LBJ might rank ahead of Duncan if they started at the same time, but Duncan get a lot of points for consistent excellence and health, as well as the fact that he's played extremely well EVERY season.

Why Durant over Wade?

tredigs
08-24-2015, 09:51 PM
Since 2000 is definitely not Shaq, and it's almost definitely Lebron. That's taking away 8 elite years from Diesel (leaves us with about 3 peak years and 3 solid years), and even overall Lebron is approaching Shaq on the All-Time list. It also takes away a couple All NBA 1st Teams from Duncan as well as a Finals MVP. That's kind of way "since X year" isn't the best way to rank players. But, since that's the question...

1: Lebron
2: Duncan
3: Kobe
4: Wade
5: KG
6: Dirk
7: Shaq
8: Nash
9: CP3
10: Durant

tredigs
08-24-2015, 10:01 PM
Honestly KD could be higher. Dude's already top 15 All-Time in MVP award shares and has 4 scoring titles with a fantastic all around game with 6 years of prime ball.

mngopher35
08-24-2015, 10:17 PM
Since 2000 is definitely not Shaq, and it's almost definitely Lebron. That's taking away 8 elite years from Diesel (leaves us with about 3 peak years and 3 solid years), and even overall Lebron is approaching Shaq on the All-Time list. It also takes away a couple All NBA 1st Teams from Duncan as well as a Finals MVP. That's kind of way "since X year" isn't the best way to rank players. But, since that's the question...

I agree about Shaq, I can't believe these other lists have him so high. I like your list and without thinking too much into it mine would be the same. I think Lebron and Duncan are about interchangeable at the top, even with him losing a couple accolades.

Chronz
08-24-2015, 10:18 PM
Im sticking to peak seasons for the simple fact that we're asking for the best player and not the best career/legacy/resume

Shaq
Duncan
Tmac
Durant
Wade
Kobe
KG
Dirk
CP3
Curry

tredigs
08-24-2015, 10:25 PM
Im sticking to peak seasons for the simple fact that we're asking for the best player and not the best career/legacy/resume

Shaq
Duncan
Tmac
Durant
Wade
Kobe
KG
Dirk
CP3
Curry

No, you're just thinking of it that way so you can get T-Mac in the top 3 : )

I don't take it that way though. I took it as who has had the most dominant presence in the league overall in the last 16 years.

I wouldn't have T-Mac as a top 3 season from a player even, though. Not without being MVP or getting into the 2nd round even. Too many elite seasons from greats/MVP's who led their teams to the Finals and/or won.

Also, you forgot 1 guy...

Chronz
08-24-2015, 10:52 PM
No, you're just thinking of it that way so you can get T-Mac in the top 3 : )

I don't take it that way though. I took it as who has had the most dominant presence in the league overall in the last 16 years.

I wouldn't have T-Mac as a top 3 season from a player even, though. Not without being MVP or getting into the 2nd round even. Too many elite seasons from greats/MVP's who led their teams to the Finals and/or won.

Also, you forgot 1 guy...

Thats fine but if guys like Shaq qualify they should get brownie points for their 90's work anyways.

Tmac had the worst cast of anyone whos ever produced at his level, the standards you listed are all more influenced by team play. I cant blame a guy for not winning MVP if his team could barely crack .500 and it took video game numbers in the most defensive era to achieve that. He pushed a Pistons team that was 1 piece away from championship caliber to the brink basically by himself. I've seen too many players struggle when faced with similar situations to put more stock into team awards like MVP and playoff success.

Kobes been a champion but he had some of his best seasons with 1st round fodder. So in a similar situation, he impressed me less. He was able to face a subpar defensive team whereas Tmac faced one of the best defensive units and still produced less individually. I would take Kobe's cast any day of the week over the garbage Tmac carried in Orlando.

Shammyguy3
08-24-2015, 11:21 PM
1. Tim Duncan
2. Kobe Bryant
3. Lebron James
4. Shaquille O'Neal
5. Dwyane Wade
6. Kevin Garnett
7. Dirk Nowitzki
8. Dwyane Wade
9. Kevin Durant
10. Chris Paul

off the top of my head in order. Honorable mentions
11. Pau Gasol
12. Dwight Howard
13. Tracy McGrady
14. Steve Nash
15. Paul Pierce
16. Ray Allen
17. Jason Kidd
18. Tony Parker

Younger guys like Westbrook, Curry, Davis, Harden, etc etc don't make the list because they haven't been in the league long enough

tredigs
08-24-2015, 11:24 PM
Well Shaq has 12 or 13 years in this decade, it's just that only 5 of them or so were true Shaq. Still, 3 Finals MVP's and 6 All-NBA 1st Teams with three years of some of the most dominant play we've seen puts him squarely on this list even without his 90's play.

Agreed on the team aspect for T-Mac, but he just didn't do it as long as those guys period and that matters in a list like this imo. Also KD's best is arguably as good/better anyway.

flea
08-24-2015, 11:28 PM
Duncan
Lebron
Shaq
Dirk
Kobe
KG
Wade
Nash
Paul
Howard

Sandman
08-24-2015, 11:32 PM
1. Dylan
2. Dylan
3. Dylan
4. Dylan

and

5. Dylan

WaDe03
08-24-2015, 11:58 PM

Good points about Shaq but he did win all of his championships in the 2000s and was a monster for 3 of them. I like your list though and would say after looking more into it I would like to co-sign on your list lol. I think I would have Shaq about Dirk and KG at that 5th spot. I also can't believe I forgot about Nash.

YAALREADYKNO
08-27-2015, 02:00 PM
Duncan
Kobe
Lebron
Shaq
Dirk
KG
Wade
Durant
Iverson
Nash/Kidd

curtcocaine
08-27-2015, 02:36 PM
Duncan
Bron Bron
Shaq
Kobe
Wade
T Mac
Durant
CP3
Nash
KG

lamzoka
08-27-2015, 04:01 PM
1- LeBron
2- Shaquille
3- Duncan
4- Kobe
5- D-Wade
6- KG
7- Durant
8- Nash
9- Iverson
10- T-Mac

Ty Fast
08-27-2015, 04:39 PM

Shaq
Duncan
Tmac
Durant
Wade
Kobe
KG
Dirk
CP3
Curry

No Lebron??