PDA

View Full Version : Rookie Survey: KD Favorite Player, Okafor Top Rookie Prediction

Tony_Starks
08-19-2015, 01:18 PM
The rookies favorite players:

1- KD - 21%
2-Kobe- 18%
3- Lebron-15%
T-4- Curry- 9%

Which rook will have the best career:

1- Okafor- 24%
2- Karl Anthony Towns- 17%
3- Justin Anderson- 13%

There's a bunch of other categories as well. Curry being that low in the popularity was a bit of a surprise, it seems like he's prime to take that over.

http://www.nba.com/news/features/john_schuhmann/2015-16-nba-rookie-survey/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt3a#roy

Raps18-19 Champ
08-19-2015, 01:33 PM
They probably started watching Kobe/Lebron around 5-10 years old then KD when they were early teens so that's why they like those players. Curry will be closer to the top in a few years.

Tony_Starks
08-19-2015, 02:12 PM
They probably started watching Kobe/Lebron around 5-10 years old then KD when they were early teens so that's why they like those players. Curry will be closer to the top in a few years.

Not sure if age has anything to do with it. It was Kobe for the longest then they skipped Lebron and went straight to KD. If it was strictly who they grew up watching the logical order would've been Kobe then Lebron since that was basically the next generation of fans.

Seems to be just who's their favorite, but I agree I think Curry is about to take this over for a while. He was already the leader in allstar voting last year and his jersey sales are up there as well....

Raps18-19 Champ
08-19-2015, 02:42 PM
Not sure if age has anything to do with it. It was Kobe for the longest then they skipped Lebron and went straight to KD. If it was strictly who they grew up watching the logical order would've been Kobe then Lebron since that was basically the next generation of fans.

Seems to be just who's their favorite, but I agree I think Curry is about to take this over for a while. He was already the leader in allstar voting last year and his jersey sales are up there as well....

Well depending on when you started watching the NBA, you'll be biased towards certain players. A lot of these guys were born in the mid 90s. When they first started getting into basketball, they are probably remembering Kobe's title reigns and things like his 81 point performance (most of these guys would probably be like 11 around that time). I understand Lebron isn't at the top (he was one year though) but he's still among the top in these polls the past few years and when Kobe retires in a few years, I think he'll get a lot of the Kobe votes since the guys coming in will probably have started to watch basketball around the time Lebron started to come on his own. Shaq was my favourite player for a while because Lakers were the first NBA team I watched and that was around the time he won his titles.

WaDe03
08-19-2015, 06:22 PM
Who's tied with Curry? The link doesn't work for me.

Tony_Starks
08-19-2015, 07:19 PM
Who's tied with Curry? The link doesn't work for me.

3 x Champion D Wade.

WaDe03
08-19-2015, 07:24 PM
3 x Champion D Wade.

Awesome!

FlashBolt
08-20-2015, 02:18 AM
O.O, KD being top is a shocker. Would have thought it would be Kobe or Bron. I can see why Steph is so low. These guys are 19-20 year old's. They haven't seen enough Steph for him to be their favorites. Kobe being #2 isn't a shocker. He's always a favorite because of his play style.

numba1CHANGsta
08-20-2015, 04:51 AM
So that whole "nobody wants to play with Kobe" is BS :)

Hawkeye15
08-20-2015, 10:45 AM

Favorite player is different. Remember, a lot of these youngsters love Kobe because not only did he go through his prime while they were kids, but his career is something they desire, ie, winning championships.

IndyRealist
08-20-2015, 11:41 AM
Joe Young got "steal of the draft" at the 43rd pick. Tore it up in summer league.

Tony_Starks
08-20-2015, 12:35 PM

Favorite player is different. Remember, a lot of these youngsters love Kobe because not only did he go through his prime while they were kids, but his career is something they desire, ie, winning championships.

What's the logic for KD being number 1 then? They didn't grow up on him and he's ringless.

If it was chronological and by success it would be Kobe, Lebron, KD.

I think like flashbolt said it's all about admiring their playing style. Who doesn't want to light people up like Kobe or make it rain like KD.

That's why D Wade is still up there.

Hawkeye15
08-20-2015, 12:59 PM
What's the logic for KD being number 1 then? They didn't grow up on him and he's ringless.

If it was chronological and by success it would be Kobe, Lebron, KD.

I think like flashbolt said it's all about admiring their playing style. Who doesn't want to light people up like Kobe or make it rain like KD.

That's why D Wade is still up there.

I think it helps Kobe's case big time that he won rings, so he is loved even in his old age, when he sucks.

These surveys are nothing but reading material anyways. Remember when they asked who the most clutch was? Or all the other stupid categories they come up with? Young players LOVED AI. He was never close to the best player in the game.

These rookies are generally 19 year old kids, I never care about their opinions. The GM survey is the one that always kind of made me laugh. Shows you why there are only a few great teams at any point.