PDA

View Full Version : Interesting, Weird, Controversial, or WTF things said by players

PhillyFaninLA
08-19-2015, 06:16 AM
I think this could be a fun topic. The purpose here is to post and discuss the subject line.

and to kick things off (It thought of this topic when I came across this):

"I've seen young Mike and young LeBron and I must say Dr. J is still my favourite player," said O'Neal. "A lot of people today don't even mention his name but to me I still think he was the best. But these are questions that we'll never know the answer to.

"It's a bit like if I met Bruce Lee in an alleyway. Who would win? You'll never know. Some people say well Bruce would kick Shaq's ***. Some people say well Shaq is two times bigger than Bruce Lee. It's a good question, a good conversation. But we'll never know."

eso
08-19-2015, 06:43 AM
Bruce Lee would whoop Shaqs big arse..
Not one said by a player but I always argue that Muggsy Bogues is the most talented player to lace them up ever in the NBA. Imagine that dude with his talent at 6'3" instead of 5'3"

Tony_Starks
08-19-2015, 09:25 AM
Matt Barnes saying him and Rhianna have a "crush on each other" then proceeding to get ethered in ridiculous fashion by her and told I don't know you....

Shady66
08-19-2015, 09:57 AM
I think this could be a fun topic. The purpose here is to post and discuss the subject line.

and to kick things off (It thought of this topic when I came across this):

"I've seen young Mike and young LeBron and I must say Dr. J is still my favourite player," said O'Neal. "A lot of people today don't even mention his name but to me I still think he was the best. But these are questions that we'll never know the answer to.

"It's a bit like if I met Bruce Lee in an alleyway. Who would win? You'll never know. Some people say well Bruce would kick Shaq's ***. Some people say well Shaq is two times bigger than Bruce Lee. It's a good question, a good conversation. But we'll never know."
Bruce Lee would win. Look up his fight scene with kareem.

JasonJohnHorn
08-23-2015, 09:10 PM
Iverson responding to Matt Barnes saying he dropped 40k on stripped:

Allen Iverson denies a claim made by a former teammate that he occasionally spent $40,000 at a strip club when he was a 76er. “First of all it was like $9,000 at most and there were never any strippers at the TGI Friday’s on City Line,” says Iverson. “Unless I brought them. Sometimes I brought a bunch. And I supposed in those cases, yes, the bill could get up to 40K because they didn’t have the Endless Appetizers thing back then.”

From here: http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/05/allen-iverson-tgi-fridays

lol... like "I never spent 40k on strippers, unless I was at TGIF's and had to pay for appetizers for all the strippers I brought." Like, WTF? How many strippers do you have to bring to get a 40K bill at TGIF's?

KG2TB
08-23-2015, 10:08 PM
You don't think Allen was banging any of those strippers do you?

Parasyte
08-23-2015, 10:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIXwkkZyi9k

nothing more needs to be said

JasonJohnHorn
08-24-2015, 11:52 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIXwkkZyi9k

nothing more needs to be said

"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take." I am laughing out loud for real. hahaahhahahahaha

In all sincerity, he played very well for the Raptors. And he shot the 3-ball fairly well. There is a reason as an undrafted player he lasted until he was 38-years-old.

Scoots
08-24-2015, 02:54 PM
Bruce Lee would win. Look up his fight scene with kareem.

That was a fictional movie. Bruce did say that Kareem was a challenge to fight. And skill beats power unless the power has sufficient skill ... so the question is could Bruce stay away from Shaq's power long enough to prevail and then we get to the question environment. If they are in a bathroom stall it might just favor Shaq.

This is a dumb discussion :)

Shady66
08-24-2015, 06:26 PM
That was a fictional movie. Bruce did say that Kareem was a challenge to fight. And skill beats power unless the power has sufficient skill ... so the question is could Bruce stay away from Shaq's power long enough to prevail and then we get to the question environment. If they are in a bathroom stall it might just favor Shaq.

This is a dumb discussion :)
Lol I know I still feel Bruce would win. Would shaq really be able to catch him?

Saddletramp
08-25-2015, 06:34 AM
Lol I know I still feel Bruce would win. Would shaq really be able to catch him?

If they were in a bathroom stall, probably.

Shady66
08-25-2015, 10:16 AM
Your right, a basket ball player could beat up one of the greatest martial artists ever. On an unrelated note, I could take Ali in his prime.