PDA

View Full Version : How Many Championships Will These Players Have 10 Years From Now?

RocketLoc80
08-18-2015, 01:51 PM
Chris Paul
Lebron James
Carmelo Anthony
Kevin Durant
Steph Curry
Anthony Davis
James Harden
Russell Westbrook
Derrick Rose

Hawkeye15
08-18-2015, 02:03 PM
Chris Paul-0
Lebron James-4
Carmelo Anthony-0
Kevin Durant-1
Steph Curry-3
Anthony Davis-0
James Harden-0
Russell Westbrook-1
Derrick Rose -0

impossible to guess, but there it is...

TrueFan420
08-18-2015, 02:08 PM
Chris Paul-0
Lebron James-4
Carmelo Anthony-0
Kevin Durant-1
Steph Curry-3
Anthony Davis-0
James Harden-0
Russell Westbrook-1
Derrick Rose -0

impossible to guess, but there it is...

I hope curry and my warriors gets more than 3.

cmellofan15
08-18-2015, 02:10 PM
yeah, I would hardly say there's any formula or basis for my picks but here it goes

Chris Paul - 0
Lebron James - 4
Carmelo Anthony - 0
Kevin Durant - 1
Steph Curry - 2
Anthony Davis - 0
James Harden - 1
Russell Westbrook - 1
Derrick Rose - 0

I think the Spurs have a chance at winning another 1 or 2

Hawkeye15
08-18-2015, 02:39 PM
I hope curry and my warriors gets more than 3.

don't be greedy haha, it's hard to win those things.

Tony_Starks
08-18-2015, 02:39 PM
Chris Paul
Lebron James
Carmelo Anthony
Kevin Durant
Steph Curry
Anthony Davis
James Harden
Russell Westbrook
Derrick Rose

CP3- 1 ( Jason Kidd style)
Lebron- 2
Melo- 1 ( Bob Macadoo style)
KD- 3
Steph- 3
AD- 0
Harden- 0
Westbrook- 3
Rose- 0

cmellofan15
08-18-2015, 02:52 PM
I would actually love to see CP3 and Melo both win rings. but it would be hard seeing the Warriors and Thunder taking 5 of the next 10...my nuggets have fallen victim to those teams far too often..

Tony_Starks
08-18-2015, 02:55 PM
I would actually love to see CP3 and Melo both win rings. but it would be hard seeing the Warriors and Thunder taking 5 of the next 10...my nuggets have fallen victim to those teams far too often..

I can see it happening just not as the primary guys.

PhillyFaninLA
08-18-2015, 03:13 PM
Chris Paul - 0
Lebron James - 5
Carmelo Anthony - you can't win titles with people and players like him
Kevin Durant - 2
Steph Curry - 1
Anthony Davis - 0
James Harden - 0, you probably can't win a title with him
Russell Westbrook - 2
Derrick Rose - 0

cmellofan15
08-18-2015, 03:24 PM
you really think you can't win a title with Harden? the guy is an absolute stud on offense and an ironman. and it's not like he plays a position that he needs to be an elite defender. I think with the right supporting cast he can very well win a title. if he will is an entirely different question considering anything can happen.

Silent
08-18-2015, 04:20 PM
Chris Paul 0
Lebron James 2
Carmelo Anthony 0
Kevin Durant 2
Steph Curry 2
Anthony Davis 0
James Harden 2
Russell Westbrook 2
Derrick Rose

lamzoka
08-18-2015, 04:26 PM
Chris Paul 0
Lebron James 5
Carmelo Anthony 3 (why not? its not like any one of us know what we talking about anyway)
Kevin Durant 2
Steph Curry 1
Anthony Davis 2
James Harden 0
Russell Westbrook 1
Derrick Rose 0

Tony_Starks
08-18-2015, 04:42 PM
With AD that's a total who knows situation. Will he prove to be the guy you can build around? Will he go the corny team hopping ring chasing route? Will players want to come play with him?

PhillyFaninLA
08-18-2015, 04:50 PM
you really think you can't win a title with Harden? the guy is an absolute stud on offense and an ironman. and it's not like he plays a position that he needs to be an elite defender. I think with the right supporting cast he can very well win a title. if he will is an entirely different question considering anything can happen.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/probably?s=t

learn to read and develop a vocabulary.

Dade County
08-18-2015, 05:18 PM
Chris Paul
Lebron James
Carmelo Anthony
Kevin Durant
Steph Curry
Anthony Davis
James Harden
Russell Westbrook
Derrick Rose

I will also add in D Wade (so disrespectful...smh)

Lbj: 4
Melo: If he stays with the knicks Zero, if he gets traded 1
KD: 3
Curry: 2
AD: If he stays with N.O, Zero... If he gets traded to the right place 2
Harden: 1
Westbrook: 2
Rose: 1
Cp3: 1
Wade: 5

A decade is a long time, some of these guys might not get a ring as a 1st option or in their prime, but I can see them winning eventually.

TrueFan420
08-18-2015, 05:22 PM
don't be greedy haha, it's hard to win those things.

It's hard not to be. My team has been horrible for most of my life. I want to see them do great now.

Hawkeye15
08-18-2015, 05:25 PM
It's hard not to be. My team has been horrible for most of my life. I want to see them do great now.

last time they won a chip I was in my Mom's belly haha

Better than my team :(

Tony_Starks
08-18-2015, 05:38 PM
Chris Paul
Lebron James
Carmelo Anthony
Kevin Durant
Steph Curry
Anthony Davis
James Harden
Russell Westbrook
Derrick Rose

A decade is a long time, some of these guys might not get a ring as a 1st option or in their prime, but I can see them winning eventually.

Damn,it is pretty disrespectful to leave Wade out.

As a matter of fact Duncan too, he will probably have 6.

Dade County
08-18-2015, 05:47 PM
Damn,it is pretty disrespectful to leave Wade out.

As a matter of fact Duncan too, he will probably have 6.

Yeah, I can see the Spurs winning maybe 1 more; but they will need to add another good player to me and stay healthy.

Yanks All Day
08-18-2015, 06:03 PM
A decade is 10 years. The way people are just throwing numbers out there doesn't make sense. Most of these totals are far more than 10, so unless half of these players are teaming up, you have to be more realistic. I'd say 10 years from now:

LeBron James: 5 - He'll get 3 in Cleveland in the next 10 years if that core stays together.

Melo: 0 - That's assuming he stays with the Knicks. They're not competing vs. Cleveland with that squad while Melo is in his prime.

KD: 0 - He's on a team with only 2 playmakers, has been injured recently, and plays in the West. The Thunder are not constructed to win a championship.

Curry: 2 - I think he gets 1 more before the Warriors start losing role players to free agency.

AD: 0 - If stays in New Orleans. He's not getting traded during this contract.

Harden: 1 - I think the Rockets are good enough to win a ring sometime in the near future.

Westbrook: 2 - He's more likely than Durant to leave and join a contender.

Rose: 0 - It's a pipe dream. He's not as good as people want him to be. Just like the Bulls. They're not constructed to beat a healthy Cleveland team, and probably won't be better than the Heat. Rose is limited with the jump shot and oft-injured. He could win as a 2nd option, but that star isn't on the Bulls yet.

Chris Paul: 1 - I'm really hoping he retires with 1, whether as a starter with LAC or catching on with a contender later in his career.

Wade: 3 - Unless Miami is luring a huge free agent (Kevin Durant maybe?) Wade's days of winning a ship as a 1st or 2nd option are over. He can score, but his body doesn't let him finish a year healthy. Miami is a good team, but not a great one yet. Can't assume they'll get there if Wade's the 1st option.

Right there, that's 8 championships if a team-up doesn't happen. I could see the Spurs getting one, and there's always one of those teams that has "that year" like the Pistons and Mavs in the last 2 decades. Cleveland, San Antonio, and Golden State have the best teams currently and for the next few years. It's likely the rings will go there. Anything else would honestly be a surprise. The NBA is the one sport where the best team wins the majority of the time. Until someone is better constructed than the Cavs, Spurs, or Warriors, it would be foolish to just pick someone else based on star power.

RocketLoc80
08-18-2015, 06:34 PM
Dp you think Russell Westbrook will be better than KD all time huh? Explain why

Minimal
08-18-2015, 07:46 PM
Chris Paul - 0
Lebron James - 5
Carmelo Anthony - 0
Kevin Durant - 2
Steph Curry - 1
Anthony Davis - 0
James Harden - 0
Russell Westbrook - 2
Derrick Rose - 0

Tony_Starks
08-18-2015, 08:12 PM
A decade is 10 years. The way people are just throwing numbers out there doesn't make sense. Most of these totals are far more than 10, so unless half of these players are teaming up, you have to be more realistic. I'd say 10 years from now:

LeBron James: 5 - He'll get 3 in Cleveland in the next 10 years if that core stays together.

Melo: 0 - That's assuming he stays with the Knicks. They're not competing vs. Cleveland with that squad while Melo is in his prime.

KD: 0 - He's on a team with only 2 playmakers, has been injured recently, and plays in the West. The Thunder are not constructed to win a championship.

Curry: 2 - I think he gets 1 more before the Warriors start losing role players to free agency.

Harden: 1 - I think the Rockets are good enough to win a ring sometime in the near future.

Rose: 0 - It's a pipe dream. He's not as good as people want him to be. Just like the Bulls. They're not constructed to beat a healthy Cleveland team, and probably won't be better than the Heat. Rose is limited with the jump shot and oft-injured. He could win as a 2nd option, but that star isn't on the Bulls yet.

Chris Paul: 1 - I'm really hoping he retires with 1, whether as a starter with LAC or catching on with a contender later in his career.

Wade: 3 - Unless Miami is luring a huge free agent (Kevin Durant maybe?) Wade's days of winning a ship as a 1st or 2nd option are over. He can score, but his body doesn't let him finish a year healthy. Miami is a good team, but not a great one yet. Can't assume they'll get there if Wade's the 1st option.

Right there, that's 8 championships if a team-up doesn't happen. I could see the Spurs getting one, and there's always one of those teams that has "that year" like the Pistons and Mavs in the last 2 decades. Cleveland, San Antonio, and Golden State have the best teams currently and for the next few years. It's likely the rings will go there. Anything else would honestly be a surprise. The NBA is the one sport where the best team wins the majority of the time. Until someone is better constructed than the Cavs, Spurs, or Warriors, it would be foolish to just pick someone else based on star power.

Cleveland's core staying together is a BIG assumption. Suppose Kyrie takes a page out of his leaders playbook and jumps ship to play with a younger superstar as/when Lebron declines?

Would be incredibly ironic but its entirely possible.

Cal827
08-18-2015, 09:39 PM

For some odd reason, I see these two relating to each other in your predictions :laugh2:

KnicksorBust
08-18-2015, 10:05 PM
Chris Paul - 1
Lebron James
Carmelo Anthony
Kevin Durant
Steph Curry
Anthony Davis
James Harden
Russell Westbrook
Derrick Rose - 0
Andrew Wiggins - 2

JasonJohnHorn
08-18-2015, 10:27 PM
It's not even possible to say with 50% certainty who will win this year; how could one possible guess who will win ten years from now?

Injuries. Trades. Free-agent signings. Draft picks.

Curry could break an ankle (god forbid) and the GSW Warriors might not win for another 40 years. Davis might end up getting traded. Westy and KD might sign somewhere else.

To many variables to do anything other than guess. Especially with the cap getting bumped up soon.

Bruno
08-18-2015, 10:41 PM
Chris Paul- 0
Lebron James- 2
Carmelo Anthony- 0
Kevin Durant- 2
Steph Curry- 3
Anthony Davis- 2
James Harden- 0
Russell Westbrook- 2
Derrick Rose- 0

Thats seven championships over ten years. I think in 8-9 years, guy who we don't know yet will be the best players in the league. Davis will be 32 by then.

TrueFan420
08-18-2015, 10:49 PM
last time they won a chip I was in my Mom's belly haha

Better than my team :(

Hey if we can do it you can too. Best of luck to you guys.

TrueFan420
08-18-2015, 10:54 PM
Curry could break an ankle (god forbid) and the GSW Warriors might not win for another 40 years.

Hey guy you shut your mouth when you're talking to me. Please don't even say curry's ankle and break in the same sentence. Not even in jest. I couldn't handle another 40 years of irrelevance in the NBA.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-18-2015, 11:34 PM
Chris Paul - 0
Lebron James - 4
Carmelo Anthony - 0
Kevin Durant - 2
Steph Curry - 2
Anthony Davis- 1
James Harden - 0
Russell Westbrook - 1
Derrick Rose- 0

Raps18-19 Champ
08-18-2015, 11:36 PM
Hey guy you shut your mouth when you're talking to me. Please don't even say curry's ankle and break in the same sentence. Not even in jest. I couldn't handle another 40 years of irrelevance in the NBA.

You've probably been a Warriors fan for like less than half of that.

Dade County
08-19-2015, 12:47 AM
For some odd reason, I see these two relating to each other in your predictions :laugh2:

Lmao!

You got me :laugh: ... The "if he gets traded" lmao

I am hoping Pat Riley can grab one of these young studs in a trade or free agency (or Melo); and try to end his legacy of with another ring or 2 as a GM.

But seriously, I can see Miami or the bulls being gifted a slight game changer; like if things don't workout with Paul George in Indy, or Melo acts up with Phil and gives a list of teams he would say yes to a trade too...etc

kingsdelez24
08-19-2015, 12:56 AM
Chris Paul
Lebron James
Carmelo Anthony
Kevin Durant
Steph Curry
Anthony Davis
James Harden
Russell Westbrook
Derrick Rose 0
DeMarcus Cousins 10

Fixed

GoferKing_
08-19-2015, 06:34 AM
Chris Paul 0
Lebron James maybe +1
Carmelo Anthony -3
Kevin Durant 0
Steph Curry +1
Anthony Davis 0
James Harden 0
Russell Westbrook 0
Derrick Rose 0

TrueFan420
08-19-2015, 12:01 PM
You've probably been a Warriors fan for like less than half of that.

Actually it's been a little over half of it. 23 years. Arguably more if you add in the young years where I was very young but my father had me at games and rocking gear. And even tho I wasn't there for the 17 years of it doesn't mean it didn't loom over the franchise and fanbase from the time I started following basketball to recently. Hell some of it still lingers even tho we have won a championship.

TylerSL
08-19-2015, 12:23 PM
First off, where is both Tim Duncan and Dwayne Wade on your list?

Lebron James-4
Tim Duncan-6
Dwyane Wade-4
Chris Paul-0
Carmelo Anthony-0
Kevin Durant-3
Stephen Curry-2
Anthony Davis-2
James Harden-2
Russell Westbrook-3
Derrick Rose-0
Kawhi Leonard-2

I threw Duncan/Wade in because they have to be in the conversation and I added Kawhi as a throw-in. On the list I really believe Lebron James cost himself at least 1 championship when he went back to Cleveland (the Heat would have beat GS) but he'll probably grab 2 more in Cleveland to end with four. Melo sold his soul for that 5 year $124 million contract IMO and the Clippers won't win a title either. I'm assuming Durant/Westbrook stick together also. I believe several of these guys will be able to at least get one, probably two as you saw. I think for my predictions to be correct several of them would have to team up which should fully be expected with salary caps continuing to climb. If I'm right it would make the rings list

Bill Russell-11
Michael Jordan-6
Tim Duncan-6
Kareem Abdul Jabbar-6
Magic Johnson-5
Kobe Bryant-5
Lebron James-4
Shaquille O'Neil-4
Dwyane Wade-4
Kevin Durant-3
Russell Westbrook-3

We'll see

Jarvo
08-20-2015, 09:32 PM
Chris Paul - 0
Lebron James - 2
Carmelo Anthony - 0
Kevin Durant - 1 or 2
Steph Curry - 0
Anthony Davis - 3 (I think he leaves NO and win them though)
James Harden - 0
Russell Westbrook - Same as KD
Derrick Rose - 0

FlashBolt
08-20-2015, 11:37 PM
This is his list.. not any of yours. Stop bugging him asking why your favorite player isn't on there.

Arch Stanton
08-21-2015, 12:04 AM
Chris Paul - 1
LBJ - 4
Melo - 0
Durant - 2
Curry - 1
Davis - 1
Harden - 1
Westbrook - 2
Rose - 1

FlashBolt
08-21-2015, 12:07 AM
Chris Paul 1
LeBron James 3
Carmelo Anthony 0
Kevin Durant 2
Steph Curry 2
Anthony Davis 3
James Harden 0
Russell Westbrook 0
Derrick Rose 0

tredigs
08-21-2015, 04:16 AM

Uhh... I am pretty tired over here, but did you not just list 14 titles after that rant about it only being for 1 decade (I assume some of the others are just projecting their whole career)? Then said, "right there, that's 8 championships". Lol? Actually reading your comments, the words don't match your #'s. Something's off.

Saddletramp
08-21-2015, 04:14 PM
I think he might be adding to what these guys already have. Lebron has two yet he "can win 3 more in the next ten years" and he gave Wade 3 without explaining how he'd get there as he's no longer the first option on a championship team. And there's only 8 championships here plus what's already been won.

FlashBolt
08-21-2015, 10:20 PM
Uhh... I am pretty tired over here, but did you not just list 14 titles after that rant about it only being for 1 decade (I assume some of the others are just projecting their whole career)? Then said, "right there, that's 8 championships". Lol? Actually reading your comments, the words don't match your #'s. Something's off.

I counted 8 championships. Wade has three already, LeBron has two, and Curry has 1. That's a total of eight excluding those 6 championships already.