PDA

View Full Version : Early 2016 NBA Finals Match Up

RocketLoc80
08-17-2015, 11:36 AM
So what is everybodys early finals match up? I ll go out on a limb and say Cavs vs Thunder

Tony_Starks
08-17-2015, 11:45 AM
Cleveland vs Whoever survives/ Whoever's healthy

Scoots
08-17-2015, 11:52 AM

This ... with a personal preference for a 2015 rematch ... but it could be any of 6 teams there.

effen5
08-17-2015, 11:57 AM

This unless there is a lebron James injury in the playoffs. East is lame.

Vinylman
08-17-2015, 12:28 PM
Cleveland / Houston

Will break record for highest percentage of douches in the starting 10

PhillyFaninLA
08-17-2015, 12:32 PM
I'm thinking this is Duncan's swan song and he'll be playing like a younger man in the playoffs....Spurs go 7 games with Cleveland but Cleveland wins a nail bitter.

PhillyFaninLA
08-17-2015, 12:34 PM

Even then, they still may be the best team in the East.

They still have Irving, Love, Mozgoz, Jefferson, Shumpert, Thompson, JR Smith (probably), Varajao, Mo Williams, James Jones.....I mean that is still about as strong as anyone else in the east.

cmellofan15
08-17-2015, 12:50 PM
Cleveland / Houston

Will break record for highest percentage of douches in the starting 10

hahaha this.

although I have no problems with any of these guys (except maybe Irving), both teams contain more than a few guys that are not liked by a lot of fans

Vinylman
08-17-2015, 01:00 PM

They still have Irving, Love, Mozgoz, Jefferson, Shumpert, Thompson, JR Smith (probably), Varajao, Mo Williams, James Jones.....I mean that is still about as strong as anyone else in the east.

I was going to say this also... even without James these guys are easily a 2-3 seed in the east...

Tony_Starks
08-17-2015, 01:01 PM

I was just about to say this. There's no other allstar combo in the east comparing to Kyrie/ Love plus the cast around them. Lebron makes them a actual threat to win a ring but by the weak east standards they can get out of the east without him.

Minimal
08-17-2015, 01:27 PM
I was just about to say this. There's no other allstar combo in the east comparing to Kyrie/ Love plus the cast around them. Lebron makes them a actual threat to win a ring but by the weak east standards they can get out of the east without him.
LOL. I think you are forgetting who Kyrie and Love are... Without LeBron this team would be lucky to make top 4 seed in the east.

Minimal
08-17-2015, 01:33 PM
As far as who is gonna be in the finals... I feel its gonna be Cavs and Thunder. I just feel Thunder will come strong next year, with Durant returning and Westbrook playing out of his mind as always, plus you have Kanter to help on offence and Serge on defensive end. Now under new proper coach this team is really gonna show what it is capable of.

Vinylman
08-17-2015, 01:44 PM
As far as who is gonna be in the finals... I feel its gonna be Cavs and Thunder. I just feel Thunder will come strong next year, with Durant returning and Westbrook playing out of his mind as always, plus you have Kanter to help on offence and Serge on defensive end. Now under new proper coach this team is really gonna show what it is capable of.

Durant will go down with another injury within the first 25 games... not being a dick ... its just gonna happen

FlashBolt
08-17-2015, 01:49 PM
Durant will go down with another injury within the first 25 games... not being a dick ... its just gonna happen

According to the medical procedure he underwent, he should be perfectly fine. It happened with MJ and various other players and they also came back fine.

Funny someone said the Cavs would be the 2nd seed without LeBron. Kyrie+Love aren't winners. They haven't tasted the playoffs without LeBron. If you think they would be a 2nd seed without LeBron, please tell me how that is possible. East has improved from last season and they were 2nd seed with LeBron.

ISIAH_THOMAS
08-17-2015, 01:52 PM
Cavs are a easy choice they'll run through the East and Ill say Spurs meet them there

ISIAH_THOMAS
08-17-2015, 01:56 PM
Without Lebron Cavs could easily miss the playoffs

FlashBolt
08-17-2015, 02:03 PM
Cavs are a easy choice they'll run through the East and Ill say Spurs meet them there

Curious, do you think Spurs will get there without LMA?

Tony_Starks
08-17-2015, 02:11 PM

According to the medical procedure he underwent, he should be perfectly fine. It happened with MJ and various other players and they also came back fine.

Funny someone said the Cavs would be the 2nd seed without LeBron. Kyrie+Love aren't winners. They haven't tasted the playoffs without LeBron. If you think they would be a 2nd seed without LeBron, please tell me how that is possible. East has improved from last season and they were 2nd seed with LeBron.

I love how people just casually throw out "Kyrie and Love aren't winners" as if they actually played together for a season before and missed the playoffs. We know that Kyrie and Love by THEMSELVES weren't winners, to say they wouldn't be winners playing together is make believe.

Common sense and basketball logic says a team with two allstars in their prime that are easily top 5 at their position is a contender in the east. If you choose to argue with that then by all means.......

ISIAH_THOMAS
08-17-2015, 02:17 PM
Curious, do you think Spurs will get there without LMA?

Nah without LMA I'd pick them to lose in the early rounds of the playoffs as the west is even stronger. The real Key on this new Spurs team for me if Parker. Spurs would of beat the Clips if he looked like a capable NBA player last yr. He looked terrible in the playoffs last yr, they need him to put pressure on the opposing team and get into the paint.

Minimal
08-17-2015, 03:36 PM
I love how people just casually throw out "Kyrie and Love aren't winners" as if they actually played together for a season before and missed the playoffs. We know that Kyrie and Love by THEMSELVES weren't winners, to say they wouldn't be winners playing together is make believe.

Common sense and basketball logic says a team with two allstars in their prime that are easily top 5 at their position is a contender in the east. If you choose to argue with that then by all means.......
Yeah? So tell me again.. What was their record without Bron last season?

Tony_Starks
08-17-2015, 03:47 PM

Yeah? So tell me again.. What was their record without Bron last season?

You mean when the went 1-7 the whopping 8 whole games he took off for his vacay? A stretch that also saw Kyrie and Love miss a game each?

Sample size?

Never mind.....

Scoots
08-17-2015, 04:00 PM

Not so sure a rookie coach is going to push all the right buttons, but it's possible, the finals had one rookie coach vs the veteran coach LeBron and the rookie won so anything is possible :)

Meth
08-17-2015, 06:03 PM
The Cavs will run the east. My preference for Finals matchup goes:

GS vs CLE - who wouldn't want a rematch?

LAC vs CLE - I've always wanted Chris Paul to at least play in the Finals (if he could only get past the second round). But a Paul vs Lebron matchup would be great to watch.

OKC vs CLE - Solely because of Durant vs Lebron

I wouldn't mind the Spurs in the Finals but it just seems so redundant at this point.

Cal827
08-17-2015, 07:33 PM
LOL, Lebron makes that Cavs team work. Even though he struggled, he still was the generator of offense and the anchor of defense on that team. Cleveland maybe makes the playoff in the lower half of the seeding without him. Teams would roast them on the offensive side of the ball, and Cleveland probably would have problems keeping up with some of them.

But for the questions, Cleveland should be the clear East Favorite. I'm gonna say that either OKC or San Antonio could challenge them. OKC will have their big 3, along with a guy who while he isn't great defensively, is the offensive inside presence they have been looking for. San Antonio cause LA and Duncan.

andy2518
08-17-2015, 07:44 PM
Cavs vs. Spurs.

jerellh528
08-17-2015, 08:25 PM
I'm hoping for OKC vs Cleveland.

Yanks All Day
08-17-2015, 10:31 PM
Cavs vs. Clippers.

Hoping for a rematch of Cavs vs. Warriors, though, with both teams fully healthy.

FlashBolt
08-17-2015, 10:43 PM
You mean when the went 1-7 the whopping 8 whole games he took off for his vacay? A stretch that also saw Kyrie and Love miss a game each?

Sample size?

Never mind.....

Stop embarrassing yourself, please. Kyrie+Love are nothing without LeBron.

WaDe03
08-17-2015, 11:36 PM
Heat vs. Thunder

Shammyguy3
08-17-2015, 11:59 PM
Eastern Conference
70% chance it's Cleveland
10% chance each for: Chicago, Washington, Atlanta

Western Conference
25% chance it's Golden State
15% chance each for: Los Angeles Clippers, Houston Rockets, Oklahoma City, Memphis, San Antonio

Hardaway Here
08-18-2015, 12:14 AM
Heat vs. whoever comes out West

jerellh528
08-18-2015, 12:25 AM
Stop embarrassing yourself, please. Kyrie+Love are nothing without LeBron.

I wouldn't exactly say nothing, they're both all stars and probably top 5 players at their position, and also have been the best player on their respective teams prior to lebron.

bucketss
08-18-2015, 01:23 AM
Lebron vs whoever out west.

FlashBolt
08-18-2015, 02:11 AM
I wouldn't exactly say nothing, they're both all stars and probably top 5 players at their position, and also have been the best player on their respective teams prior to lebron.

Surely they are something but in terms of their impact, really, what are we looking at? Two players who had issues in the locker room, two players who are injury prone. Two players who never won a thing.. Cleveland became a laughing stock after LeBron left. So yeah, they are something (just like many other players can be something when they are put in a situation to become a first option), but they have nothing to show for it. Then you have an established NBA top ten player who comes to your team and has the Cavs back and running into contention for titles.

CousinsEvansDUO
08-18-2015, 04:12 AM
90% chance it's Cleveland
10% chance it's Chicago

Western Conference
25% chance it's Golden State or Spurs , 15% chance it's Los Angeles Clippers, Houston Rockets, kings, OKC

Vinylman
08-18-2015, 10:20 AM

who at the top of the east has improved? some lower level teams have improved but there really isn't anyone at the top who has a better roster... Miami MIGHT be healthier but I wouldn't hold my breath... Is Atlanta better ... splitter is nice but losing Demarre more than offsets that... Is Chicago/Toronto/Washington markedly better? NOPE...

Are you saying a full year of mozgov/shump doesn't make Cleveland better along with MO?

Interesting....

Longhornfan1234
08-18-2015, 01:53 PM
Warriors or Thunder vs Cavs in the Finals.

Spurs have no shot. Parker and Manu are done. Duncan will be 40. LA turns to inefficient chucker vs elite defenses. No depth.

Hawkeye15
08-18-2015, 02:06 PM
Wolves beat the Cavs in 6. Love cries

Jarvo
08-20-2015, 09:41 PM
Spurs Vs Cavs or Cavs Vs Thunder

Arch Stanton
08-21-2015, 12:14 AM
(1) Cavs vs Spurs (2) Cavs vs Clippers (3) Cavs vs Warriors