PDA

View Full Version : Mock Playoffs (Finals): 1. Miami vs 2. San Antonio

Shammyguy3
08-16-2015, 09:24 PM
Once again, users on PSD partook in a fantasy game that "mocked" what real NBA teams did with their off-season. GMs of teams drafted, signed free agents, and traded players to improve their team. Now the playoff brackets are set, and it is up to ALL OF YOU to vote on who should win!!! All players are considered healthy.

1. Miami (Home Court)
PG: Mike Conley(35) - Mario Chalmers(13)
SG: Dwyane Wade(34) - Mario Chalmers(7) - Dorell Wright(7)
SF: Luol Deng(33) - Omri Casspi(15)
PF: Carmelo Anthony(36) - Lavoy Allen(12) - Jonas Jerebko
C: Rudy Gobert(32) - Mareese Speights(16) - Udonis Haslem
IR: Gerald Wallace - Michael Beasley

2. San Antonio
PG: Tony Parker/Patty Mills/Emmanuel Mudiay
SG: Tony Allen/Gary Neal/Tony Snell
SF: Kawhi Leonard/Bojan Bogdanovic
PF: Lamarcus Aldridge/Carlos Boozer
C: Tim Duncan/Boris Diaw

xnick5757
08-16-2015, 10:33 PM
Oh boy this is a tough one.

Would like to hear from the GMs on what the defensive matchups are going to be.

Sadds The Gr8
08-16-2015, 10:38 PM
Parker (34) / Mills (14)
Allen (20) / Neal (18) / Mills (10)
Leonard (34) / Allen (9) / Bogdanovic (5)
Aldridge (28) / Diaw (15) / Leonard (5)
Duncan (35) / Aldridge (10) / Diaw (3)

I think we matchup perfectly. Kawhi is the perfect guy to guard Melo. We can easily pull off that switch by having LMA guard Deng, who is no isolation threat and depends on scoring off the penetration of others. Deng being an average at best outside shooter is a big positive for us since LMA won't need to live out on an island where he could be uncomfortable. He could work within the defensive system well enough. Allen is the perfect guy to guard the declining Wade, who slows down in the finals every year. Wade doesn't have the legs to last a whole season plus a playoff run. That fact combined with the 2nd best on-ball defender in the league guarding him would make for a solid conclusion that Wade will struggle this series.

Offensively we have a huge advantage down low and in PnR. LMA would expose Melo, who is way too small to guard him. They'd almost have to double or he'd get abused like Terrence Jones did in the 13-14 playoffs. Melo also doesn't have much goods to guard the PnR as well. Parker + LMA exposing Melo in PnR would be the bread & butter. Tony Parker owns Mike Conley in the playoffs. http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=parketo01&p2=conlemi01. Parker averaged 21.6 PPG on 49% shooting against those Memphis teams, which is much better defensively than this Miami squad. Conley only averages 14.7 ppg on 39%FG and 22%3FG vs the Spurs in his playoff career, and this is the best defensive Spurs squad since the early Duncan/Bruce Bowen days.

Gobert just doesn't have the experience to be a big factor in the finals at this point in his career. Can he consistently be a threat with his limited experience? We've seen young bigs get exposed, and Gobert only has a small sample size (2nd half of this past season aka 40 games?) of being a big difference maker on the defensive end. We like Duncan's experience in this matchup, with his ability to post-up, pick n roll, and also pick n pop. Gobert also is no scoring threat, which helps us out alot. Gobert would also be under alot of pressure to rebound, with miami's tiny lineup. Duncan, LMA, and Kawhi are all above-average rebounders, and could really take advantage on the backboards this series. Melo is too small to be depended on, and Deng isn't the rebounder he used to be.

Depth also goes in our favour as well. They have literally NO x-factors off the bench. Speights is a solid shooter but is flawed and doesnt defend at all. Was benched in the finals because he was being outproduced by Ezeli. Casspi and Allen aren't finals caliber players. They're bench fodder on terrible teams at this point in their careers. Chalmers is a big time hit-or-miss player, and is coming off the worst shooting season of his career (40%FG, 29%3pt). Can he really be depended on to make shots? Our bench has Patty Mills, who has had several big playoff moments and continues to be a great shooter. He rediscovered his stroke last playoffs after struggling with the shoulder surgery. Neal has also proven to be a lethal shooter in his past with the Spurs, and we fell he'll be good for a 2 or 3 really hot shooting games. Diaw is a jack of all trades that is always reliable at this time of the year and some even argued whether he was deserving to be mentioned as finals MVP during the last championship run.

Matter.
08-16-2015, 11:20 PM
When's the NBA redraft ??

unleashthebeast
08-16-2015, 11:23 PM
Happy to see I'm down 0-7 without even saying why I would win yet, lol. Thank you voters.

This is a great matchup for me against an incredibly flawed team, I'll dig deeper later tonight when I can make a legit write up

TrueFan420
08-16-2015, 11:52 PM
When's the NBA redraft ??

I'd like to know that as well

Raps18-19 Champ
08-17-2015, 09:58 AM
I think Miami lacks too many strong defenders and while Gobert is great defensively, Duncan/Aldridge shoot too much which means he'll be drawn out to the basket more, giving the rest of the team a lot of opportunity to get to the basket since the rest of the team aren't strong defenders (outside of Conley).

unleashthebeast
08-17-2015, 03:41 PM
Alright alright. It appears there isnt much of a point now (thanks again to everyone voting without hearing both sides), but I can't just let this series end without showing how incredibly flawed this Spurs team is.

Tony Parker has clearly lost a step, and more importantly is an absolute traffic cone now defensively. How people expect him to lead this team to victory I do not know, but Conley will make life hell for the aging parker on both ends of the floor. Tony was never a shooter, and with him now a step behind his offensive game is damn near mediocre, not having much of an impact at all on this series.

There is a reason the Spurs in real life paid Danny Green so much money, and that is his 3 point shot. Who is going to space the floor for this spurs team? Parker? Kawhi? Allen? Lol. These spurs will not be scoring any baskets outside of the 3 point line, only playing to my advantage and allowing me to stay home on defense on every occasion. If that means an open Tony Allen 3 every now and then, I will live with it :laugh2:

Do people still think Tim Duncan is some sort of god? Sure he had a good year last year, absolutely, but the dude is 38 years old. This team has no Tiago Splitter, no Aron Baynes. How is a 38 year old Tim Duncan going to hold up being the only Center and only rim protector on this team? Not well. Rudy Gobert is young, athletic, and an absolute banger. To say that he will be able to handle Duncan in this series would be putting it lightly, Gobert is a huge dude that will cause big problems for the man that is closer to being a senior citizen than he is to being a rookie once again.

The Spurs are putting LMA on Deng? Works for me. Deng had a great shooting year last season, and showed that he is still a quality offensive weapon. If the Spurs really want LMA chasing Deng around the 3 point line than be my guest, but that is an idiotic strategy that none of you seem to question because "the Spurs have experience omgzzzzzzz they're so good".

Melo and Deng will alternate on their coverage of LMA, which I think would be more than fine. The Spurs GMs like to point to LMA shooting mid range jumpers as an excuse for their poor spacing, and with LMA shooting so many jumpers guys like Deng and Melo will be able to handle covering him without getting "abused". LMA has always been more of a finesse player, he isn't a banger. This isnt as big of a mismatch at the PF position as some of you think.

And Melo, when motivated, is a top 3 offensive player in the entire league. And in perhaps his best year as a pro in 2012-2013, he led a deeply flawed Knicks team to the second round of the playoffs, playing Power Forward. Don't forget just how big of a star this guy is just because he is on a ****** team now. Playing alongside 2 other stars and 2 great defenders will absolutely bring the superstar back out of Melo, and he will get his in this series. And with almost no rim protection in this series (Duncan is their only center, really?) he will get his with ease.

Not to mention I have 3 time champion and 1 time finals MVP DWade as well. Tony Allen has never played big minutes in his career, he isn't a guy you can put out there for 32+ minutes and tell him to shut down a player for an entire series. DWade is one of the most clutch players in the NBA, and will not allow this team to lose this series.

But alright voters, keep voting for the team with no center, no spacing, and a half-dead point guard. That is definitely a team that deserves to win the championship, with more flaws than any of the teams eliminated in the last 2 rounds.

Sadds The Gr8
08-17-2015, 04:32 PM
Lol at that last paragraph, especially trying to slick with that voting line. I'll respond when I get home from work

xnick5757
08-17-2015, 05:03 PM
Miami's backcourt is much more well rounded than SA, and I love the way the team is built around Melo.

Super close but I'd take Miami in 7 since they have HCA

xxplayerxx23
08-17-2015, 05:28 PM
I think Miami lacks too many strong defenders and while Gobert is great defensively, Duncan/Aldridge shoot too much which means he'll be drawn out to the basket more, giving the rest of the team a lot of opportunity to get to the basket since the rest of the team aren't strong defenders (outside of Conley).

The lack of floor spacing scared me off on Spurs. I don't know I think Gobert is elite Conley is elite defensively also. Wade is also not a bad defender when healthy. Idk I think both teams are pretty flawed for being finals teams but I went with Miami in 7

Raps18-19 Champ
08-17-2015, 07:02 PM
The lack of floor spacing scared me off on Spurs. I don't know I think Gobert is elite Conley is elite defensively also. Wade is also not a bad defender when healthy. Idk I think both teams are pretty flawed for being finals teams but I went with Miami in 7

I agree with the 3 point shooting though they have good shooters off the bench playing 48 mins combined. It's still pretty flawed to have them all off the bench and that's usually a problem but in this case, I think it's fine since I don't consider Deng or Wade the type to just go off even if they take out someone for Patty Mills or Gary Neal.

If Wade was a better shooter or Deng was a better player, I'd be a bit more concerned since 3's can just turn the game pretty quickly. If it was like an Irving, Curry, Harden type guy who can just go off shooting a lot of 3s at a high rate in a few minutes, then it would be a problem for the Spurs since they have no one to match the firepower. But if Deng/Wade isn't going to go off so if one of them makes a 3, that could be made up later on in the game since you don't expect either to just make like back to back 3s or make multiple 3s or anything in the span of a minute or so.

I guess Melo is that type of player but he wasn't too great from 3 last year, even worse during his playoff career, is being guarded by DPOY, and I can't buy into him at all when it comes to the playoffs.

Offensively, I think it should be fine. Gobert is elite defensive but Duncan will draw Gobert out and he's a good enough passer to probably find a cutting Parker/Aldridge/Kawhi to the basket since not all are being guarded by elite defenders. P&R with Duncan would be good to, though Aldridge was 19th percentile in P&R last year with a PPP of 0.83, FG% of 40.6% and was only fouled on 4% of his P&R attempts (where he attempted the 7th most P&R in the league last year. LOL.

I do think though people are just looking at the big men SAS has and probably think they'll abuse Melo down low even though both of them are jump shooting big men.

xxplayerxx23
08-17-2015, 08:17 PM
It's hard on my phone to read all that man lol. I can't say Miami is 100% better I just don't think the Spurs really should be here to be honest I thought the Pelicans and Warriors matched up with them really good. I do think Melo would be fine against either big, I guess I see the problem deng isn't the same and prob can't abuse any big man guarding him. I don't know man it's close I still like Miami in 7.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-17-2015, 08:35 PM
It's hard on my phone to read all that man lol. I can't say Miami is 100% better I just don't think the Spurs really should be here to be honest I thought the Pelicans and Warriors matched up with them really good. I do think Melo would be fine against either big, I guess I see the problem deng isn't the same and prob can't abuse any big man guarding him. I don't know man it's close I still like Miami in 7.

I suppose I can get behind Miami but it would be dependent on Carmelo, who I am not exactly fond of. SAS looks like it's going to win by a landslide so doesn't really matter I suppose.

xxplayerxx23
08-17-2015, 08:42 PM
I suppose I can get behind Miami but it would be dependent on Carmelo, who I am not exactly fond of. SAS looks like it's going to win by a landslide so doesn't really matter I suppose.

Yeah I guess you gotta trust Melo to score I would think he would score plenty even on Leonard. There's so many offensive weapons around him, he's never had that much support.ime j said its close and sas are going to win anyway so I guess it don't really matter to much

kdspurman
08-17-2015, 09:58 PM
I agree with the 3 point shooting though they have good shooters off the bench playing 48 mins combined. It's still pretty flawed to have them all off the bench and that's usually a problem but in this case, I think it's fine since I don't consider Deng or Wade the type to just go off even if they take out someone for Patty Mills or Gary Neal.

If Wade was a better shooter or Deng was a better player, I'd be a bit more concerned since 3's can just turn the game pretty quickly. If it was like an Irving, Curry, Harden type guy who can just go off shooting a lot of 3s at a high rate in a few minutes, then it would be a problem for the Spurs since they have no one to match the firepower. But if Deng/Wade isn't going to go off so if one of them makes a 3, that could be made up later on in the game since you don't expect either to just make like back to back 3s or make multiple 3s or anything in the span of a minute or so.

I guess Melo is that type of player but he wasn't too great from 3 last year, even worse during his playoff career, is being guarded by DPOY, and I can't buy into him at all when it comes to the playoffs.

Offensively, I think it should be fine. Gobert is elite defensive but Duncan will draw Gobert out and he's a good enough passer to probably find a cutting Parker/Aldridge/Kawhi to the basket since not all are being guarded by elite defenders. P&R with Duncan would be good to, though Aldridge was 19th percentile in P&R last year with a PPP of 0.83, FG% of 40.6% and was only fouled on 4% of his P&R attempts (where he attempted the 7th most P&R in the league last year. LOL.

I do think though people are just looking at the big men SAS has and probably think they'll abuse Melo down low even though both of them are jump shooting big men.

Duncan, with the right match up will still take guys in the post. There are some guys that are just stronger than him that it'd be tough, so he can't get as deep in the paint, but others he will still go to work there. It's just not like 10 years ago where you could do that throughout the whole game through him. It's more of picking when the time is right and flow of the game. If they want to slow the game down, they'll typically go to him in the post. We saw a lot of that against the Clippers this past post season, and he saw little resistance at times against those guys, especially Blake who is smaller like Melo is. He's one of the best post players even at his age now.

see-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YkS3UHvX80

And Diaw/Leonard are both very good post players, especially Diaw. He uses his body extremely well there to get to his spot for a fade-away, or lay-up, or a kick out.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-17-2015, 10:12 PM
Duncan, with the right match up will still take guys in the post. There are some guys that are just stronger than him that it'd be tough, so he can't get as deep in the paint, but others he will still go to work there. It's just not like 10 years ago where you could do that throughout the whole game through him. It's more of picking when the time is right and flow of the game. If they want to slow the game down, they'll typically go to him in the post. We saw a lot of that against the Clippers this past post season, and he saw little resistance at times against those guys, especially Blake who is smaller like Melo is. He's one of the best post players even at his age now.

see-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YkS3UHvX80

And Diaw/Leonard are both very good post players, especially Diaw. He uses his body extremely well there to get to his spot for a fade-away, or lay-up, or a kick out.

I'm not denying that he can't be good in the post and I mentioned it in my series against SAS, but at this point in his career, it's not something that would completely change the series. He's a low teens scorer who attempts 10-13 FGA per game. And he's still probably going to probably take more jumpers than go in the post. And in the last 3 series in the game, he's faced Gobert, Lopez and Drummond. Gobert is a DPOY candidate, Drummond I think might be too big for him and still has tools to be a good defensive big man and he didn't have any success against Lopez in the last playoff run. I mean he'd make Melo work a lot but that won't happen too many times since Gobert would be guarding Timmy most of the time probably.

Shammyguy3
08-17-2015, 10:56 PM
not sure what the poll says, but i'm still really torn on this. It shouldn't be a run away for either team, i think neither team is phenomenal and each have their question marks

Silent
08-17-2015, 11:09 PM
Miami in 7

ricky recon
08-18-2015, 12:08 AM
alright voters, keep voting for the team with no center, no spacing, and a half-dead point guard. That is definitely a team that deserves to win the championship, with more flaws than any of the teams eliminated in the last 2 rounds.

This isn't the least bit objective.

Sadds The Gr8
08-18-2015, 01:31 AM
Tony Parker has clearly lost a step, and more importantly is an absolute traffic cone now defensively. How people expect him to lead this team to victory I do not know, but Conley will make life hell for the aging parker on both ends of the floor. Tony was never a shooter, and with him now a step behind his offensive game is damn near mediocre, not having much of an impact at all on this series.

I could make the same traffic cone comment for Wade, who also really declined on defense. I already posted the h2h stats for Parker vs Conley. Parker outplays him pretty much everytime.

Tony Parker owns Mike Conley in the playoffs. http://www.basketball-reference.com/...1&p2=conlemi01. Parker averaged 21.6 PPG on 49% shooting against those Memphis teams, which is much better defensively than this Miami squad. Conley only averages 14.7 ppg on 39%FG and 22%3FG vs the Spurs in his playoff career, and this is the best defensive Spurs squad since the early Duncan/Bruce Bowen days.
Parker was never an elite defender yet Conley's #s drop vs the spurs. he clearly struggles vs the Spurs gameplanning/scheme. Bottom line is they have his number.

There is a reason the Spurs in real life paid Danny Green so much money, and that is his 3 point shot. Who is going to space the floor for this spurs team? Parker? Kawhi? Allen? Lol. These spurs will not be scoring any baskets outside of the 3 point line, only playing to my advantage and allowing me to stay home on defense on every occasion. If that means an open Tony Allen 3 every now and then, I will live with it :laugh2:
I have shooters off the bench. Plus Kawhi averages 41% 3pt in the playoffs with over 1 per game. That's way more than respectable. We don't have the shooting the real life Spurs have, but we have enough to win this series.

Do people still think Tim Duncan is some sort of god? Sure he had a good year last year, absolutely, but the dude is 38 years old. This team has no Tiago Splitter, no Aron Baynes. How is a 38 year old Tim Duncan going to hold up being the only Center and only rim protector on this team? Not well. Rudy Gobert is young, athletic, and an absolute banger. To say that he will be able to handle Duncan in this series would be putting it lightly, Gobert is a huge dude that will cause big problems for the man that is closer to being a senior citizen than he is to being a rookie once again.
LOL you only have 1 rim protector too. Gobert is literally the only respectable rebounder and defending big you have. There is a **** ton of pressure on him plus this would be his first finals. It'd be laughable IMO to think he could hold down the fort alone down low with LMA, Duncan, Diaw on my team. You don't even have a respectable 3rd big. Speights is a 7 foot SG that can't defend or rebound for his life.

Who cares about Duncan's age if he hasn't shown signs of a drop-off? Expecting Gobert to outplay him when he has what, 40 games of above average play? The guy has the smallest sample size you can possibly have to expect that he could single handedly carry your defense. Once he gets tired or in foul trouble (which is very possible with LMA, Duncan, Parker attacking), your defense falls off a cliff.

The Spurs are putting LMA on Deng? Works for me. Deng had a great shooting year last season, and showed that he is still a quality offensive weapon. If the Spurs really want LMA chasing Deng around the 3 point line than be my guest, but that is an idiotic strategy that none of you seem to question because "the Spurs have experience omgzzzzzzz they're so good".
Deng shot 35.5% 3's last year, which is pretty average. Don't try to boost lol. He's also a career 33% career 3pt shooter, barely averaging 1 per game. Also 26% 3pt shooter in the playoffs, which is garbage.

Melo and Deng will alternate on their coverage of LMA, which I think would be more than fine. The Spurs GMs like to point to LMA shooting mid range jumpers as an excuse for their poor spacing, and with LMA shooting so many jumpers guys like Deng and Melo will be able to handle covering him without getting "abused". LMA has always been more of a finesse player, he isn't a banger. This isnt as big of a mismatch at the PF position as some of you think.

Laughable to expect Melo and Deng to handle him. Already compared it to the Terrence Jones matchup (undersized PF), which Melo is. Melo's arguably a worse defender than Jones too. LMA will easily go off in this series. If you had a respectable big to guard him maybe you'd have an argument.

And Melo, when motivated, is a top 3 offensive player in the entire league. And in perhaps his best year as a pro in 2012-2013, he led a deeply flawed Knicks team to the second round of the playoffs, playing Power Forward. Don't forget just how big of a star this guy is just because he is on a ****** team now. Playing alongside 2 other stars and 2 great defenders will absolutely bring the superstar back out of Melo, and he will get his in this series. And with almost no rim protection in this series (Duncan is their only center, really?) he will get his with ease.
Melo being guarded by DPOY...love how you just ignore that. Melo also falls off during the playoffs, and will have the best defender in the league guarding him. LMA is a respectable rim protector also, so I don't know where your logic is coming from. Saying a team with Duncan has "almost no rim protection" is ridiculous.

Not to mention I have 3 time champion and 1 time finals MVP DWade as well. Tony Allen has never played big minutes in his career, he isn't a guy you can put out there for 32+ minutes and tell him to shut down a player for an entire series. DWade is one of the most clutch players in the NBA, and will not allow this team to lose this series.
already mentioned that Wade slows down this time of the year at this point. He's 5-6 yrs younger than Duncan and wears down almost 2x faster lol.

Wade '13 finals: 19.6 PPG, .505 TS%, 104 ORTG
Wade '14 finals: 15.2 PPG, .504 TS%, .453 eFG (garbage), 89 ORTG (beyond pathetic)

and thats with Green guarding him, who's a worse defender. Imagine what Tony Allen would do...

But alright voters, keep voting for the team with no center, no spacing, and a half-dead point guard. That is definitely a team that deserves to win the championship, with more flaws than any of the teams eliminated in the last 2 rounds
My team is flawed, yet you have no PF on your roster, a god awful bench, and 1 respectable rebounding big on your whole squad. It's also laughable to say Cleveland was better than us. You skated to the final because of a terrible conference.

My team is flawed, but so is yours. bottom line is we have the 2 best defenders in the league guarding your 2 biggest threats, and you have absolutely nobody reasonable to guard our biggest threat.

ManRam
08-18-2015, 09:50 AM
This is tough. Both teams have glaring holes. I'm worried about the Spurs' spacing...Allen is an amazing defender but Green's shooting is so integral. The Heat have no bench, and while I love Gobert this front is as tough as it gets and he's still raw offensively and inexperienced in general. He is a good compliment to Melo, though.

I think there's too much defense on the Spurs ultimately. That and their depth would get it done. There's enough shooting on the bench, and even if there wasn't, there's plenty of offensive ability there. Not to mention the fact that the Heat probably only have one plus-defender in that starting 5. They don't match up nearly as well defensively vs. the Spurs as the Spurs do vs. them.

Spurs in a surprisingly sloppy 6 games, considering all that talent.

Catfish1314
08-18-2015, 05:59 PM
Alright alright. It appears there isnt much of a point now (thanks again to everyone voting without hearing both sides), but I can't just let this series end without showing how incredibly flawed this Spurs team is.

I've been dead for a while but what happened to write-ups posted in the matchup? Was that done away with?

Anyway, I think the Warriors should have beaten the Spurs; not because they were the better team necessarily, but because I didn't think they had enough offense to beat them.

This is a bit more favorable for San Antonio. I think they'd hit the glass pretty hard in this series (even though Boozer isn't in Saddler's rotation for some reason). Between Duncan, Aldridge, Leonard, and even guys like Allen from the perimeter, I think they'd capitalize on their size, depth, experience, etc. advantage up front. They'll get better use of Allen defensively than I think they would have last series as he's a better match-up physically for Wade than he was for Thompson or Curry, stick Leonard on Anthony and use Diaw/Aldridge to cover Deng. Luol, I like the guy, but his shooting percentages have traditionally hit the dirt in the postseason. For the price of sticking one of the best defenders in basketball on Miami's top scoring option, that's a risk I'd be happy to take. Meanwhile, I have a lot more confidence in SA's ability to slow down Anthony and Wade than I do in Miami to slow down Aldridge.

It is frightening to think about what Anthony could do in this series with a guy like Wade, who even at 34 is probably the most dangerous scoring mate he's ever had. Yet this is also by the far the best supporting cast Aldridge has ever had, so it's a fair assumption to think his efficiency would see a spike as well. I think Gobert would have some success in this series, given he's the best athlete from either frontcourt, but he's also inexperienced and not used to logging a ton of minutes. Very close, but I think the Spurs defense gets it done.

But alright voters, keep voting for the team with no center, no spacing, and a half-dead point guard. That is definitely a team that deserves to win the championship, with more flaws than any of the teams eliminated in the last 2 rounds.

Pretty sure none of that's real.

KnicksorBust
08-18-2015, 10:07 PM
Would love to see Melo on a real team while he still has game but the defense and chemistry of SAS take the chip.

RC Buford wins the Mock.

Sadds The Gr8
08-19-2015, 04:55 AM
I've been dead for a while but what happened to write-ups posted in the matchup? Was that done away with?

Anyway, I think the Warriors should have beaten the Spurs; not because they were the better team necessarily, but because I didn't think they had enough offense to beat them.

This is a bit more favorable for San Antonio. I think they'd hit the glass pretty hard in this series (even though Boozer isn't in Saddler's rotation for some reason). Between Duncan, Aldridge, Leonard, and even guys like Allen from the perimeter, I think they'd capitalize on their size, depth, experience, etc. advantage up front. They'll get better use of Allen defensively than I think they would have last series as he's a better match-up physically for Wade than he was for Thompson or Curry, stick Leonard on Anthony and use Diaw/Aldridge to cover Deng. Luol, I like the guy, but his shooting percentages have traditionally hit the dirt in the postseason. For the price of sticking one of the best defenders in basketball on Miami's top scoring option, that's a risk I'd be happy to take. Meanwhile, I have a lot more confidence in SA's ability to slow down Anthony and Wade than I do in Miami to slow down Aldridge.

It is frightening to think about what Anthony could do in this series with a guy like Wade, who even at 34 is probably the most dangerous scoring mate he's ever had. Yet this is also by the far the best supporting cast Aldridge has ever had, so it's a fair assumption to think his efficiency would see a spike as well. I think Gobert would have some success in this series, given he's the best athlete from either frontcourt, but he's also inexperienced and not used to logging a ton of minutes. Very close, but I think the Spurs defense gets it done.

Pretty sure none of that's real.
I don't see where he'd fit in this series with them having pretty much no PF's. Who would he guard? I think it'd make sense to just give Kawhi those mins

Shammyguy3
08-19-2015, 06:44 PM
SAS seems to have this locked up, congrats Sadds. Is that two in a row now? :shrug:

Sadds The Gr8
08-19-2015, 08:21 PM
SAS seems to have this locked up, congrats Sadds. Is that two in a row now? :shrug:
nah I lost in the conf finals vs KJ in the atrd. 2nd regular nba game in a row tho

Eagles4Lyfe
08-19-2015, 08:41 PM
Yaaaaaaaaaa babbyyyy legggoooooo..

Out on top.

Me and Saddler finally got that title

zef_captain
08-19-2015, 08:48 PM
Ima go with spurs

CousinsEvansDUO
08-20-2015, 01:11 AM
Miami is vastly underrated, MELO is the best player of this series, the only player that can average 40 for the series, and the most unstoppable scorer of the series, plus wade....Spurs old legs can't defend to offensive superstars, not in this lifetime, or the next.

Shammyguy3
08-20-2015, 09:44 AM
the NBA forum regular Redraft signups will be going up in the next coming weeks. If anyone is interested in that, keep an eye out for it. The game is hosted in this subforum here: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/forumdisplay.php?268-NBA-Re-Draft

KnicksorBust
08-20-2015, 10:30 PM
Yaaaaaaaaaa babbyyyy legggoooooo..

Out on top.

Me and Saddler finally got that title

Lol chill out. You are worse than the actual team. RC Buford won this game.

Ebbs
08-21-2015, 04:56 PM

:laugh:

unleashthebeast
08-21-2015, 07:21 PM

:laugh2: so true

Raps18-19 Champ
08-21-2015, 07:52 PM
Rude.

Shammyguy3
08-22-2015, 02:09 PM
thanks to all those who played, it was a little rough at times but we made it. Few weeks for the Redraft, we should all be re-energized!

Sadds The Gr8
08-22-2015, 04:02 PM
:laugh2: so true

http://insights.ingredientsnetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Salt-014.jpg