PDA

View Full Version : Your Top Five NBA Teams this upcoming season

FlashBolt
08-15-2015, 03:17 AM
Assuming the season began today, rank your top five teams and then choose who wins the champion. Post why if possible.

My list:

SAS
GSW
CLE
OKC
LAC

I'll go with the Spurs here. LMA has always been a perfect fit for the Spurs and Duncan doesn't seem to be slowing down any time soon (posted incredible numbers this past postseason). Bringing back Danny Green was a huge deal for them and Kawhi is the DPOY. Then you have Tony Parker/Manu and a bunch of glue guys who we know Pop can transform really well into his system. They'll beat Cleveland within six if it came down to it.

Gander13SM
08-15-2015, 04:16 AM
In this order...

1. Golden State. If you retain your core after winning a chip then you are the king until someone else wins a championship. Doesn't matter where you finish in the standings next year. Until someone else takes that throne of reigning champs. You're the best in the league. Not many people agree with me on this but it's how I feel and how I've always looked at it.

2. Cleveland. LeBron, Kyrie and Love I arguably the most talented big 3 in the league right now. It's a hell of a core. They made it to the finals beaten and bloodied. Although for fairness we have to take into account their opponents were awful minus Chicago and Dubs. But regardless, what they did with a broken team is only a sign of what they can do with a team at full strength. They've had a year to gel and although they still need to sort some stuff out and find a way to better utilise Love, I feel like there's nobody that can genuinely compete with them out East. I don't see an Eastern team that can beat them four times. I just don't.

3. Spurs. Aldridge is obvious. But they've made some other pretty smart moves imo. These guys will always have a chance. And with Aldridge there they have someone to lean on when the original big 3 are resting. Can't wait to see how Pop uses LMA.

4. OKC. Westbrook's big finish to the regular season has me concerned. You have two guys on this team with that alpha attitude of "give me the ball. I got this" and not only do they have that attitude but they have the skillset to back it up. Plus one of them has the emotional stability of an angsty 16 year old. Behind the scenes I think there's a lot of turmoil there. But it shouldn't spill onto the court. Then we have Durants injury and worrying about how he recovers. With the talent their core has, how can they not be successful? But it only happens if they're healthy.

5. Houston. Harden is legit. This team is better than people give them credit for and they have some guys I find intriguing, Motiejunas being one of the main ones. I think they'll make a lot of noise again.

FlashBolt
08-15-2015, 04:24 AM
In this order...

1. Golden State. If you retain your core after winning a chip then you are the king until someone else wins a championship. Doesn't matter where you finish in the standings next year. Until someone else takes that throne of reigning champs. You're the best in the league. Not many people agree with me on this but it's how I feel and how I've always looked at it.

2. Cleveland. LeBron, Kyrie and Love I arguably the most talented big 3 in the league right now. It's a hell of a core. They made it to the finals beaten and bloodied. Although for fairness we have to take into account their opponents were awful minus Chicago and Dubs. But regardless, what they did with a broken team is only a sign of what they can do with a team at full strength. They've had a year to gel and although they still need to sort some stuff out and find a way to better utilise Love, I feel like there's nobody that can genuinely compete with them out East. I don't see an Eastern team that can beat them four times. I just don't.

3. Spurs. Aldridge is obvious. But they've made some other pretty smart moves imo. These guys will always have a chance. And with Aldridge there they have someone to lean on when the original big 3 are resting. Can't wait to see how Pop uses LMA.

4. OKC. Westbrook's big finish to the regular season has me concerned. You have two guys on this team with that alpha attitude of "give me the ball. I got this" and not only do they have that attitude but they have the skillset to back it up. Plus one of them has the emotional stability of an angsty 16 year old. Behind the scenes I think there's a lot of turmoil there. But it shouldn't spill onto the court. Then we have Durants injury and worrying about how he recovers. With the talent their core has, how can they not be successful? But it only happens if they're healthy.

5. Houston. Harden is legit. This team is better than people give them credit for and they have some guys I find intriguing, Motiejunas being one of the main ones. I think they'll make a lot of noise again.

I wanted to go with Houston but Clippers made improvements while Houston has stayed silent. Adding PP and Josh Smith to your bench could give that team a huge boost. And hey, we all know the Clippers have trouble closing games. If I'm Doc, I wouldn't give it to anyone other than PP (including CP). Give PP the ball and stay away.

Gander13SM
08-15-2015, 04:32 AM
I wanted to go with Houston but Clippers made improvements while Houston has stayed silent. Adding PP and Josh Smith to your bench could give that team a huge boost. And hey, we all know the Clippers have trouble closing games. If I'm Doc, I wouldn't give it to anyone other than PP (including CP). Give PP the ball and stay away.

I definitely see your point. But I look at it from a different angle haha. You see them adding bench talent and depth. I see them adding crazy. Josh Smith and Lance Stephenson in particular. As if DJ and Big Baby weren't enough.

They have some mighty strange characters out there in L.A I'm intrigued to see how it fits together but I'm also acutely aware that this could destroy the chemistry just as much as it could strengthen it.

I can't wait to see it play out though. Best of luck to them. The West is such a bloodbath you have 3 or 4 teams you could've picked for that last spot.

GeekInThePink
08-15-2015, 08:57 AM

You know Houston added Lawson, Dekker and Thornton right? While I wouldn't say they improved dramatically they definitely didn't stay silent.

1. Cleveland
2. GSW
3. SAS
4. OKC
5. LAC

JWO35
08-15-2015, 09:19 AM
1. Golden State Warriors
2. San Antonio Spurs
3. Oklahoma City Thunder
4. Cleveland Cavilers
5. Los Angles Clippers

Dade County
08-15-2015, 09:25 AM
OKC
Cav's
GSW
Spurs
?

If KD doesn't get traded, I aspect them to be in the Final's. I really can't pick a winner, because I don't know if the Cav's will be fully healthy ( I really believe Irving & Love will always be hurt after a full regular season of basketball); & I also would have to wait to see if Pat pulls off a trade that might change the balance of power in the East.

But as of right now, I got OKC vs Lbj.

KnicksorBust
08-15-2015, 09:38 AM
In this order...

Liked this post so much I read it twice. This is basically my list as well with the possible exception of the Clippers. I was also tempted to do something crazy like put the Washington Wizards on there. I hate the idea of just handing the Cavs the East on a platter. Some team has to step up and push them. Bucks would be fun to watch but I couldn't talk myself into them. Not on a top 5 list.

Gander13SM
08-15-2015, 10:59 AM
Liked this post so much I read it twice. This is basically my list as well with the possible exception of the Clippers. I was also tempted to do something crazy like put the Washington Wizards on there. I hate the idea of just handing the Cavs the East on a platter. Some team has to step up and push them. Bucks would be fun to watch but I couldn't talk myself into them. Not on a top 5 list.

It's nice to agree with someone for a change haha.

Side note, not quite off topic but I just want to say, part of me really wants to see an OKC-CLE final. We never got to see Kobe v MJ in that scenario. We never got to see Kobe v LeBron in that scenario. And when we did see LBJ vs KD you had a LeBron who was at his peak versus a young KD who was an incredible talent but hadn't reached his prime.

I want to see LBJ v KD in the finals at least one more time while both are healthy and still at the top of their game. The other match ups would also be fun, Westbrook v Irving. Ibaka v Love. Even Kanter v Mozgov lmao.

I'm not one for isolation one on one crap. But sometimes you get two guys at a level where you just need to see them compete.

It's also why I really want to see a Warriors-Clippers conference final. It would be bloody. Plus Steph is at a point now where he would be defending CP3. That match up is drool worthy.

Hopes and dreams. We haven't had two legends duke it out for a minute now.

Scoots
08-15-2015, 12:41 PM
I can't limit it to 5 ... in no particular order:

SAS, GSW, CLE, OKC, LAC, HOU, MEM, MIA, CHI

All of the teams have something to prove and to improve, but all of them have an argument for them for a title shot too.

The next group for me includes just too many questions for me to put them up there. ATL, WSH, MIL

FraziersKnicks
08-15-2015, 01:01 PM
Pretty much everyone's top 4 should be Spurs, Cavs, OKC, GSW in some sort of order. Then you can argue either the Clips or Rockets but it's a pretty consensus top 5.

AllBall
08-15-2015, 03:05 PM
1. Golden State
2. Oklahoma City
3. San Antonio
4. Cleavland
5. Houston

tredigs
08-15-2015, 03:28 PM
Pretty much everyone's top 4 should be Spurs, Cavs, OKC, GSW in some sort of order. Then you can argue either the Clips or Rockets but it's a pretty consensus top 5.

I'm not sold on OKC being better than Houston. As long as Lawson doesn't destroy their chemistry, that's a very strong squad. OKC simply struggles to stay healthy and it's more than enough of a sample size to assume that something will inevitably go majorly wrong for them in that department this season. Also, their defense blows with Kanter at center, and their bench is weak. While having the KD/Westbrook/Ibaka core for one more year is huge and will keep them in the running, I just don't see them putting it together.

1: Warriors. 67 win team that kept their entire core and will likely improve due to the youth of Curry/Klay/Barnes/Green.

2: Houston. Despite a ton of injury, they finished as the #2 seed and made the WCF's. They'll contend next year and will likely be a better squad.

3: San Antonio. Their D will fall off a bit, but when Tim Duncan could be your 3rd best player and David West is a bench piece, you're a contender.

4: Cleveland. Too many injury risks to rank higher for me, but they'll be in the Finals.

5: LAC. The "crazy" they added with Smoove and Stephenson is going to be offset by having the leadership of CP3 + Pierce. I expect them to fall in line and for this squad to make real noise.

Bostonjorge
08-15-2015, 04:13 PM
1. GSW
1a. Clippers

2. Spurs
3. Cavs
4. Okc

Scoots
08-15-2015, 05:07 PM
1. GSW
1a. Clippers

2. Spurs
3. Cavs
4. Okc

Are the Clippers that high because of their recently acquired small forward? :)

Bostonjorge
08-15-2015, 06:50 PM
Are the Clippers that high because of their recently acquired small forward? :)

They added a closer who excels in big time games in pierce. They added a potential defensive stopper in lance. Two athletic bigs and TRUE bigs. You can't play small ball against them. On top of that Paul makes them all better.

Blake became a true superstar in the first round last year. He dominated the defending champs. Made Duncan look old and made the defensive player of the year look small. Only player to do that. With that Blake no one is beating the Clippers.

Meth
08-15-2015, 07:00 PM
Do you guys really think OKC are top 4 in the west? Their biggest free agency move was resigning Kanter- pretty much every statistician has pointed this as a terrible move due to Kanter being a net-negative player on the court. Westbrook-Durant-Ibaka are a good core but are they really contenders? I don't know how good Donovan is as a coach but firing Scott Brooks should have been done years ago imo. They are a playoff team without a doubt, but I just don't see them finishing ahead of GS, SAS, LAC, or HOU. Who knows, maybe Donovan could massively improve this team just like how Kerr did with GS.

curtcocaine
08-15-2015, 07:49 PM
They added a closer who excels in big time games in pierce. They added a potential defensive stopper in lance. Two athletic bigs and TRUE bigs. You can't play small ball against them. On top of that Paul makes them all better.

Blake became a true superstar in the first round last year. He dominated the defending champs. Made Duncan look old and made the defensive player of the year look small. Only player to do that. With that Blake no one is beating the Clippers.
He is old lol.

Cavs
GSW
Clips
OKC
HOU

Most likely to be in the finals.

Cavs at 1 because of the star power, and even with the east getting a little more competitive the east is theres to loose.

It was hard for me to keep SAS off but im expecting a decline from Timmy I mean he has to eventually right????
But they can easily be the best in the west next year.

Had to put GSW as best in the west 2nd best in the league. All the blow outs from last year and not playing in the fourth I expect to see that squad again next year.

Clips got better and thats scary lol.

OKC healthy nuff said.

Houston, James Harden will flop his way into the playoffs. Be mad it works.

Clippersfan86
08-15-2015, 08:39 PM
WARP projections project the Clippers to be the 1st ranked starting 5 (Warriors 2nd, Cavs 3rd). You combine that with a bench that IF they don't kill each other could start and make the playoffs in the east possibly, and could be the best bench.... I'm surprised they aren't on many lists. Rockets are good but clearly the playoffs weren't an indication of much. Clippers dominated that series 3-1 despite no CP3 for 3 games and bottom line is they got drained and fizzled out due to no bench. There is no question the Clippers were a better team than the Rockets last year, they just didn't get it done. Both won 56 games but Clippers had much better SRS/differential.

tredigs
08-15-2015, 08:58 PM
WARP projections project the Clippers to be the 1st ranked starting 5 (Warriors 2nd, Cavs 3rd). You combine that with a bench that IF they don't kill each other could start and make the playoffs in the east possibly, and could be the best bench.... I'm surprised they aren't on many lists. Rockets are good but clearly the playoffs weren't an indication of much. Clippers dominated that series 3-1 despite no CP3 for 3 games and bottom line is they got drained and fizzled out due to no bench. There is no question the Clippers were a better team than the Rockets last year, they just didn't get it done. Both won 56 games but Clippers had much better SRS/differential.
Yeah, but the Clips had CP3/DJ/JJ/Barnes playing every night, and BG didn't miss that many games. The Rox had 25 games without Brewer and Beverly, 40 without Dwight and 50 without Terrence Jones. Their defense is easily better than LAC's, and while their offense is not, I think Lawson is going to help them in that department big time if he falls in line.

Do you mind linking the WARP page? I wanna check that out.

Clippersfan86
08-15-2015, 09:41 PM
Yeah, but the Clips had CP3/DJ/JJ/Barnes playing every night, and BG didn't miss that many games. The Rox had 25 games without Brewer and Beverly, 40 without Dwight and 50 without Terrence Jones. Their defense is easily better than LAC's, and while their offense is not, I think Lawson is going to help them in that department big time if he falls in line.

Do you mind linking the WARP page? I wanna check that out.

It was a Kevin Pelton insider (which I don't have). I only saw it through a friend, but I'll try to find it. Rockets got decimated by injuries but so did the Clippers as usual with Griffin missing like 25 straight and Crawford missing a bunch late in season which possibly threw him off for the playoffs. Every year we seem to lose 3-4 key guys to lengthy injuries. One can only hope to be lucky come playoff time (poor Grizzlies last year).

Clippersfan86
08-15-2015, 09:44 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/13337015/nba-los-angeles-clippers-most-improved-team-nba-offseason

#1: Los Angeles Clippers (14.7 WARP gained)
Key rotation gains: Paul Pierce, Lance Stephenson, Josh Smith, Pablo Prigioni, Cole Aldrich

Key rotation losses: Matt Barnes, Hedo Turkoglu, Glen Davis, Spencer Hawes

If Doc Rivers ends up trading Jamal Crawford, Austin Rivers would move back into a rotation slot, which would knock a couple of wins off the Clippers' summer gain. No big deal, though, because Los Angeles would still comfortably top this list. Pierce is a major upgrade over Barnes despite his age, and even though he's a star name, he's proved the last two seasons he can produce exceptional value as a role player.

Getting Pierce to sign filled the Clippers' biggest hole, but not far behind on the to-do list was upgrading a woeful bench. The talent level in that regard has been unquestionably improved, with Prigioni, Stephenson, Smith and Aldrich taking over for a quartet that collectively would have been forecast to produce minus-2.2 WARP. Doc Rivers has to figure out how the talent will fit, and that's a concern. The starting lineup is off-the-charts good, but how will a bench group that includes, Stephenson, Smith and either (or both) of Austin Rivers and Crawford share the ball? Either way, it's a much better problem for the Clippers' boss to tackle than the one he faced before the endearingly fickle nature of DeAndre Jordan kept him in an L.A. uniform.

Tre It may have been inside of that article, but since I can't view it.. I'm not sure. This is at least part of what I was thinking but I think the WARP projections of best starting 5's was part of it. Last year if I recall the Clippers fielded 3 top 10 starting 5's. They were 2nd overall ranked starting 5 last year with Matt Barnes starting (people overrate the crap out of him, he was a 9/4 starter on a contender). The bench on the other hand was one of the worst in NBA HISTORY.

AllBall
08-15-2015, 09:44 PM
Do you guys really think OKC are top 4 in the west? Their biggest free agency move was resigning Kanter- pretty much every statistician has pointed this as a terrible move due to Kanter being a net-negative player on the court. Westbrook-Durant-Ibaka are a good core but are they really contenders? I don't know how good Donovan is as a coach but firing Scott Brooks should have been done years ago imo. They are a playoff team without a doubt, but I just don't see them finishing ahead of GS, SAS, LAC, or HOU. Who knows, maybe Donovan could massively improve this team just like how Kerr did with GS.

I have OKC ranked that way because that's where they would have been last season had they been healthy. Donovan can royally screw things up, no doubt, he's going to have to prove himself.

Scoots
08-15-2015, 09:46 PM

So ... yes. :)

tredigs
08-15-2015, 10:03 PM
^OK cool thanks.

FlashBolt
08-17-2015, 01:44 PM

Wait, what? Duncan IS old and he played one of his most efficient NBA playoffs ever. Granted, it was only seven games but his numbers were off the chart amazing for a 39 year old.

18 PPG on nearly 60% shooting
11 RPG
3 APG

His PER is right there with Blake and his WS is way higher. Blake Griffin's USG% for that series was also much higher than Duncan. So you can argue that Blake had a better postseason than Duncan but Duncan was not a scrub by any means.

LRPG
08-18-2015, 05:07 AM
Regular Season:
1. Cleveland Cavaliers
2. Golden State Warriors
3. Oklahoma City Thunder
4. Houston Rockets
5. Los Angeles Clippers

Playoffs:
1. Cleveland Cavaliers
2. Golden State Warriors
3. Houston Rockets
4. San Antonio Spurs
5. Oklahoma City Thunder

PhillyFaninLA
08-18-2015, 06:17 AM
1. Golden State - only because I believe philosophically the champs are the champs until they are eliminated, taking that off the table they are 4th on my list with the next 3 teams moving up
2. Cleveland
3. San Antonio - I believe this is Duncan's swan song and he plays like a younger man in the playoffs and leads the Spurs to a 7 game finals heartbreaking loss to the Cavs
4. Oklahoma - I don't believe Durant is going anywhere
5. Memphis - not sure why they aren't getting more love in this topic

edit: I want to add that I just don't believe in the Clippers, Rockets, Bulls, or Atlanta....they may be great in the regular reason but I just don't believe in them beyond that

Tony_Starks
08-18-2015, 12:26 PM
1- Thunder

2- Golden State

3- Spurs

4- Clippers

5- Rockets

It's a tough coin toss between OKC, GS, and Spurs but I have to roll with the Thunder. Russell has officially entered MVP level type play and if KD is healthy I seriously think those two guys and filler is enough......even in the West.

A legit argument can be made for the other 4, even Houston shockingly enough, but I think the stars are aligned for OKC.

Bostonjorge
08-18-2015, 04:44 PM
Wait, what? Duncan IS old and he played one of his most efficient NBA playoffs ever. Granted, it was only seven games but his numbers were off the chart amazing for a 39 year old.

18 PPG on nearly 60% shooting
11 RPG
3 APG

His PER is right there with Blake and his WS is way higher. Blake Griffin's USG% for that series was also much higher than Duncan. So you can argue that Blake had a better postseason than Duncan but Duncan was not a scrub by any means.
I know Duncan is old and he did play solid overall. Blake just played like the playoffs MVP round 1. Even when Leonard was put on him, Blake punished him down low. It was the best series in the playoffs and Blake was and is the Spurs weakness. To physical and athletic with Paul making the right pass when Blake gets the step on Duncan or deep down low on Leonard.

kdspurman
08-18-2015, 05:28 PM
I know Duncan is old and he did play solid overall. Blake just played like the playoffs MVP round 1. Even when Leonard was put on him, Blake punished him down low. It was the best series in the playoffs and Blake was and is the Spurs weakness. To physical and athletic with Paul making the right pass when Blake gets the step on Duncan or deep down low on Leonard.

Kawhi rarely guarded Blake. It was mostly Splitter (who was hobbled, though Blake is too quick for him anyway) or Diaw and sometimes TD. Blake had a terrific series, but CP3 was equally as responsible for the series win, (if not slightly more) especially in Game 7. Both were great though.

Clippersfan86
08-18-2015, 07:20 PM
Kawhi rarely guarded Blake. It was mostly Splitter (who was hobbled, though Blake is too quick for him anyway) or Diaw and sometimes TD. Blake had a terrific series, but CP3 was equally as responsible for the series win, (if not slightly more) especially in Game 7. Both were great though.

Duncan was on Blake a lot too, but yea Kawhi wasn't too often. As for CP3 vs Blake it's a that common question of who's more important... the workhorse who carries more of the load from start to finish in a game, or the closer who finishes games for you? Blake is our horse and clear go to player at this point. CP3 is our finisher and guy who orchestrates things.

flea
08-18-2015, 07:25 PM
Duncan wasn't on Blake that much, but more than Leonard. He shut him down when he was as I recall (particularly the beginning of the 3rd quarter in game 5 or 6 IIRC). But someone has to contain DJ and so they lose Duncan's interior presence when he has to handle Blake (hence the alley-oop assists). The frontcourt did well against the Spurs who played mainly Duncan and Diaw, but it was the guards that made the difference in that series. Duncan did enough to win, annually proving why he's still so good.

kdspurman
08-18-2015, 08:00 PM
Duncan was on Blake a lot too, but yea Kawhi wasn't too often. As for CP3 vs Blake it's a that common question of who's more important... the workhorse who carries more of the load from start to finish in a game, or the closer who finishes games for you? Blake is our horse and clear go to player at this point. CP3 is our finisher and guy who orchestrates things.

Yea, I think both were great throughout the series. Paul was consistently pretty good too, I don't think he was just the finisher. He had several big games. I'm not getting into who's more important overall, I saw how great Blake played without him while he was injured. I'm strictly referring to this particular series

kdspurman
08-18-2015, 08:01 PM
Duncan wasn't on Blake that much, but more than Leonard. He shut him down when he was as I recall (particularly the beginning of the 3rd quarter in game 5 or 6 IIRC). But someone has to contain DJ and so they lose Duncan's interior presence when he has to handle Blake (hence the alley-oop assists). The frontcourt did well against the Spurs who played mainly Duncan and Diaw, but it was the guards that made the difference in that series. Duncan did enough to win, annually proving why he's still so good.

Pretty much. And Kawhi did a good job slowing down Redick. They just couldn't muster up enough guard play consistently, and Splitter didn't have the greatest of series. TD just continues to step it up in the playoffs, as he has his whole career

Clippersfan86
08-18-2015, 08:02 PM

Not true. Duncan wasn't on Griffin 90 percent of the time or anything, but definitely more than "not on him much". Duncan was awesome, especially for his age but Blake definitely got the better of him in 1 on 1 situations (why is that surprising? 25 year old entering prime vs 39 year old on way out). One game or quarter doesn't change the fact that Griffin gave EVERYONE problems. Diaw, Duncan, Kawhi, Splitter... nobody was guarding Blake. The only reason he didn't destroy them even more was the fact that Doc mismanaged the living **** out of his minutes and he was running on fumes in 4th quarters. In game 5 Duncan did a great job locking him up mostly... but he went ******* on him at other points.

He averaged 24/13/7.5/1.5/1.5 vs the Spurs on 47 percent shooting (Spurs definitely guard him down so he was down 5 percent from his average shooting).

phantasyyy
08-19-2015, 01:02 PM
Not true. Duncan wasn't on Griffin 90 percent of the time or anything, but definitely more than "not on him much". Duncan was awesome, especially for his age but Blake definitely got the better of him in 1 on 1 situations (why is that surprising? 25 year old entering prime vs 39 year old on way out). One game or quarter doesn't change the fact that Griffin gave EVERYONE problems. Diaw, Duncan, Kawhi, Splitter... nobody was guarding Blake. The only reason he didn't destroy them even more was the fact that Doc mismanaged the living **** out of his minutes and he was running on fumes in 4th quarters. In game 5 Duncan did a great job locking him up mostly... but he went ******* on him at other points.

He averaged 24/13/7.5/1.5/1.5 vs the Spurs on 47 percent shooting (Spurs definitely guard him down so he was down 5 percent from his average shooting).

Geez that's a crazy stat line.. best series last year for sure. Can't really fault Doc for playing griffin heavy minutes though with glen davis as the primary backup...

Should be a great race once again in the western conference and I suspect we'll see some epic first round series once again. Its a shame that lack of depth and injuries ruined most of the second round of last year for both the East and West conference.

phantasyyy
08-19-2015, 01:12 PM
Surprise pick for a fun team to watch I think will be the Bucks and their progression towards a power house.

They were already known for their defensive chops, and hindered by their ability to score.. but the addition of Monroe is going to be huge for them offensively with someone who can settle down on the block and go to work. Also, getting back Parker will also be huge for them even though he was injured, just him getting more comfortable with the NBA game is scary..-if he can stay healthy that is.

They've got a solid starting 5. in MCW/Middleton/Giannis/?/Monroe - with either Parker most likely filling in or even Henson all 6'6'" and up with great switching ability, With great depth behind it as well in Mayo, Vasquez, Ennis, Copeland and Plumlee. They'll be a surprise I think for most teams and they're all pretty young as well so a nice nucleus to build around as well as internal improvement on a day to day basis.

I think the only concern is who will the one to settle into being the full-time PF -all indication seems to be Parker but I think Giannis has a chance to be groomed into that position as well with his freakish length once he fills out. (he is my 2k PF)

Crazy thing about the team itself is that, if Larry Sanders didn't go AWOL and decide to call it quits, this team would probably be right up there already with the Bulls and to an extent the Heat in the secondary tier of the Eastern Conference, but for now I have them slotted in that 3rd tier with the Hawks, Wizards and Raptors. -look out though, their doing some great things down there.