PDA

View Full Version : Should the Mavs make Tristan Thompson an offer?

Ty Fast
08-12-2015, 07:50 PM
If they think DJ is worth the max than they sould think Tristan Thompson is as well. I think I would rather have TT over DJ. What do you think?

Chronz
08-12-2015, 07:53 PM
Over DJ? Hes basically a ******** version of him in every way

No one should offer him the max but the Mavs are a team in desperate need of prospects, they should overpay the most.

bleedprple&gold
08-12-2015, 08:40 PM
They don't have any cap space left.

Tony_Starks
08-12-2015, 08:46 PM
No dough.

Only teams that could do it are Portland and Philly. Portland wants to see what Vonleh is about and Thompson may just add win totals to Philly so that's a definite no go!

Scoots
08-12-2015, 09:35 PM
If the Mavs had the money and made an offer it would be player tampering as supposedly TT has signed the qualifying offer which means he is a Cavalier.

Had TT not signed the QO and the Mavs had the money to offer the Cavs would match it because that's what they have been hoping would happen all offseason.

This thread is a non-starter all the way around.

nycericanguy
08-13-2015, 10:17 AM
^ TT hasn't signed anything yet but yea Mavs spent all their cap on Wes, they upped his contract to 17.5m per year after DJ went back to Clips.

Scoots
08-13-2015, 11:01 AM
^ TT hasn't signed anything yet but yea Mavs spent all their cap on Wes, they upped his contract to 17.5m per year after DJ went back to Clips.

Apparently you are right ... I seemed to recall there was a deadline on that. Oops. Still there is virtually no way TT would end up with the Mavs even if they had the money because the Cavs would match any offer he signed anyway.

ewing
08-14-2015, 08:48 AM
No dough.

Only teams that could do it are Portland and Philly. Portland wants to see what Vonleh is about and Thompson may just add win totals to Philly so that's a definite no go!

would love to see him go to Portland.

kingsdelez24
08-14-2015, 12:49 PM
Mavs should have looked at this as a backup plan, though I do agree with Chronz that TT is practically the 6'9 version of DeAndre Jordan

gatkins11
08-14-2015, 01:07 PM
No thanks.

IndyRealist
08-14-2015, 04:12 PM
Apparently you are right ... I seemed to recall there was a deadline on that. Oops. Still there is virtually no way TT would end up with the Mavs even if they had the money because the Cavs would match any offer he signed anyway.

They would match even though they're paying a gazillion dollars in luxury tax? I dunno about that.

Scoots
08-14-2015, 04:25 PM
They would match even though they're paying a gazillion dollars in luxury tax? I dunno about that.

They would because GM LeBron has said so about 15 times in a backhanded fashion in the press, including this week.

MonroeFAN
08-14-2015, 04:33 PM
Am I wrong for thinking he's at most a 10 m player?

Scoots
08-14-2015, 04:42 PM
Am I wrong for thinking he's at most a 10 m player?

Yes, because the Cavs offered more than that last year.

IndyRealist
08-14-2015, 04:57 PM
They would because GM LeBron has said so about 15 times in a backhanded fashion in the press, including this week.

I'm not sure what he should say. "Well, they're only comfortable going up to $12M, so if anyone offers more than that we're screwed." People lie.

Arch Stanton
08-21-2015, 01:14 AM
Over DJ? Hes basically a ******** version of him in every way

No one should offer him the max but the Mavs are a team in desperate need of prospects, they should overpay the most.

He's a better FT shooter and can guard multiple positions. That's where he's better than DJ. TT is a great offensive rebounder but I'm not sure if he's better than DJ.

FlashBolt
08-21-2015, 02:11 AM
Or go after Horford/KD/Whiteside next season instead? TT is good, not great.

IKnowHoops
08-23-2015, 12:39 PM
I would take DJ over TT for the same money every day. DJ oops from every where, and blocks shots. He's taller and has more spring. He's had 20/20 games, like 4-5 in a row where he was close to that. TT is a pitbull down there but to be honest, he wasn't able to rebound in the finals the way he was throughout the playoffs. DJ is harder to contend with than TT just because he's taller, longer and more athletic.

IBleedPurple
08-23-2015, 07:00 PM
I don't think anyone should make TT an offer based on his demands.

kingsdelez24
08-24-2015, 12:00 PM
Sprewell had kids to feed...

Thompson has an inflated ego to feed, what kind of reserve player on a championship contender in their right mind would turn down 52 million, then later 80 million, all because he literally thinks he's on par with Marc Gasol, DeAndre Jordan, and Kevin Love?

http://www.gospelherald.com/articles/57281/20150821/nba-rumors-cleveland-cavaliers-fail-to-follow-lebron-james-demand-tristan-thompson-wants-same-deal-as-deandre-jordan-kevin-love-marc-gasol.htm