PDA

View Full Version : Markieff Morris demands trade from Suns

mrblisterdundee
08-12-2015, 07:08 PM
Markieff Morris demanded a trade from the Suns (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/markieff-morris-demands-trade-from-suns-368888.html) over the way the organization handled the trade of his brother Marcus to Detroit.

IndyRealist
08-12-2015, 07:11 PM
"I don't give a [freak]. I am not going to be there at all. That's just what it is."

"I've got to show up. No question." said Markieff Morris, who is scheduled to make $8 million this season. "You can't do that. I will be a professional. Don't get me wrong.

Apparently his outrage doesn't extend to getting suspended without pay.

EDUTEXANS
08-12-2015, 07:24 PM
After being charged and now demanding a trade, he seems like a risk to trade for, but talent-wise, he's a steal at $8M. He would be great in Detroit, with his brother again. Maybe the Pistons can find a taker for Jennings.

Tony_Starks
08-12-2015, 07:27 PM
Markieff has game, somebody is about to come up at Phoenix expense...

0nekhmer
08-12-2015, 07:33 PM
Raptors need to jump on this. He's a starting PF with all star potential.

kingsdelez24
08-12-2015, 07:48 PM
Raptors need to jump on this. He's a starting PF with all star potential.

Him and Patrick Patterson are very similar players

Blink
08-12-2015, 07:53 PM
Detroit should trade Jennings for Markieff.

Van Gundy loves his stretch 4's and Markieff/Ilyasova/Tolliver and Marcus gives us lots of threats.

We have Steve Blake and Spencer Dinwiddie to handle back up PG.

Lot of people question his character. Well in Detroit webe had good character guys and come up with 25 wins. Would love to add him.

Tony_Starks
08-12-2015, 08:03 PM
Send him to the Lakers for that taking on crippled Steve Nash!

GiantsSwaGG
08-12-2015, 08:35 PM
Early, Lance Thomas and a future 2nd for Morris

mngopher35
08-12-2015, 08:36 PM
I wonder how low they would be selling him. Twolves have a couple pf prospects they could use if no one else wants to give much (like Bennett and Payne).

JasonJohnHorn
08-12-2015, 08:44 PM
The irony is that Phoenix is about the best place for him to showcase his talents if he wants to put up bigger stats and get a bigger contract next time around.

Also, I'm not sure that he'd be a great locker room presence; I think a lot of teams would be hesitant to pick him up. His brother got traded; deal with it.

RLundi
08-12-2015, 09:07 PM
I don't give a "freak" :laugh2:

Scoots
08-12-2015, 09:38 PM
Can he agree to change his contract to facilitate a move to Detroit?

xxplayerxx23
08-12-2015, 10:17 PM
Early, Lance Thomas and a future 2nd for Morris

Would Prob need to give Jose because of salary reason. Not sure I'd wanna do that. Morris scares me a bit that fast paced system with a solid pg to get him the ball. He's good I'm just not sure how good he is.

KnicksorBust
08-12-2015, 10:37 PM
Detroit actually would be a great place for him. Drummond and Monroe (and Josh Smith) never maximized their value bc both play like C's. No problem with the Morris twins.

Sadds The Gr8
08-12-2015, 11:20 PM
Hes better

Kyben36
08-12-2015, 11:23 PM
I think he is over rated. good player, but not a Star by any means, he looks alot better because of the suns offense and what he is asked to do.

ChongInc.
08-12-2015, 11:34 PM
I'd love him in TO. He'd like our GM as well. Ujuri is all about respect.

Shady66
08-13-2015, 03:09 AM
Lol

IndyRealist
08-13-2015, 07:19 AM

This, though i'd actually give the edge to patterson.

kingsdelez24
08-13-2015, 01:04 PM

Patterson also doesn't get the benefit of a billion pick n rolls while playing with the suns

0nekhmer
08-13-2015, 05:54 PM
He's reportedly said he'd prefer to be traded to either Houston or Toronto

deaner
08-13-2015, 06:06 PM

I don't think Toronto and the Suns front offices like each other much. I doubt they work with Morris to get him to his preferred team. It will probably work the other way for him but they might want to send him to the other conference.

LanceUpperCut
08-13-2015, 06:28 PM

I'm a big PP fan but Morris is a lot better mainly because of consistency. PP can be lights out for weeks then completely disappear for another two weeks

gaughan333
08-13-2015, 07:13 PM
They should trade him to china, that'll teach him to stfu

EDUTEXANS
08-13-2015, 07:18 PM

The Rockets have absolutely nothing to trade for him right now. The ony way to make it work financially would be dealing both Jones and Motiejunas, or Ariza. They can only move Brewer, Beverley and McDaniels mid-December.

0nekhmer
08-13-2015, 07:33 PM
I don't think Toronto and the Suns front offices like each other much. I doubt they work with Morris to get him to his preferred team. It will probably work the other way for him but they might want to send him to the other conference.

The hate between the two GMS stem from the Bryan Colangeo days. Masai is respected pretty much by everyone(except maybe the knicks organization 😂).

deaner
08-13-2015, 08:44 PM
The hate between the two GMS stem from the Bryan Colangeo days. Masai is respected pretty much by everyone(except maybe the knicks organization 😂).

I was thinking more recently of the Suns taking Ennis when they didn't need him knowing he was a target of Toronto, and the post game interview
of Hornacek after raptors fell apart where he stated how bad the east is compared to the west. There is bad blood there.

0nekhmer
08-13-2015, 11:12 PM
I was thinking more recently of the Suns taking Ennis when they didn't need him knowing he was a target of Toronto, and the post game interview
of Hornacek after raptors fell apart where he stated how bad the east is compared to the west. There is bad blood there.

Oh rightt I forgot about the whole Ennis thing. Yeah masai was really upset about that.

IndyRealist
08-13-2015, 11:22 PM
I'm not in the mood to pull out tables upon tables of stats to show why, but I'm confident that both Terrence Jones and Patrick Patterson were better than Markieff Morris last year. Unless people are really, really convinced that Phoenix misused him (which is entirely possible), he regressed from year 3 to year 4.

sportsgeek
08-14-2015, 01:41 AM
I would like to see the pacers make a trade for Morris. I dont like the idea of them playing George at the 4. But if you have morris at the 4 for them with george at the 3 and ellis at the 2 I think it gives them the type of versatility they would want without compromising size.

ryder78c
08-14-2015, 04:33 AM
trade him to Portland! Trade Vonleh,Crabbe,cash considerations for Markieff Morris he fits in perfect! just incase Leonard Stinks it up he can start

Plumlee/Ed Davis/Kaman
M.Morris & Leonard
AFA/M.Morris
Henderson/McCollum
Lillard/Frazier

Reason he's mad at the Suns is Because he took a 9million dollar pay cut to keep him and his brother on the same team, then they trade him because of the Assualt charges...the Assault charges are real suspect also the guy got beat up by 2 other guys then says the Morris twins joined in, that guys trying to get Paid.....there Attorney said he believes they'll be cleared of all charges....his teammates said he's a good Locker Room Teammate and a good player to be around

RLundi
08-14-2015, 07:16 AM
One thing that bears mention: he never actually demanded a trade. He just knows he probably won't be there come training camp. But he clearly says that if he is, he'll be a professional and play. So the thread title is incorrect.

People try to paint Markieff as a terrible person, bad locker room guy, cancer etc but he isn't. He's had knuckleheads around him and he's made some dumb choices, but he isn't a guy teams should be weary of trading for. But as it stands, teams will offer next to nothing to acquire him -- with regards to his value at least -- knowing he wants out and force the Suns to make a somewhat lopsided trade. I hope the Magic offer Frye and a future first for him. I for one have absolutely no concerns about his character.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-14-2015, 02:35 PM
Oh rightt I forgot about the whole Ennis thing. Yeah masai was really upset about that.

The Bucks Tyler Ennis? Didn't know Raptors wanted him.

0nekhmer
08-14-2015, 02:54 PM
The Bucks Tyler Ennis? Didn't know Raptors wanted him.

Yeah, he's Canadian and wouldve served as backup PG behind Lowry. In hindsight we got Corey Joseph + Delon Wright instead so I'm sure masai is more than happy to bury the hatchet

IBleedPurple
08-14-2015, 03:46 PM
The irony is that Phoenix is about the best place for him to showcase his talents if he wants to put up bigger stats and get a bigger contract next time around.

Also, I'm not sure that he'd be a great locker room presence; I think a lot of teams would be hesitant to pick him up. His brother got traded; deal with it.This. Too bad his crying about his brother doesn't let him see things clearly.

IndyRealist
08-14-2015, 04:04 PM
I would like to see the pacers make a trade for Morris. I dont like the idea of them playing George at the 4. But if you have morris at the 4 for them with george at the 3 and ellis at the 2 I think it gives them the type of versatility they would want without compromising size.

Eh, Markieff would not be a good fit next to Myles Turner who will eventually be starting C. I'd much rather see Lavoy Allen at PF to crash the boards so Myles can step out to 20ft.

kingsdelez24
08-16-2015, 08:19 PM
Cavs should sogn and trade Tristan Thompson for Markieff Morris. Morris would be an ideal backup for Love because they wouldn't have to change up their offensive sets all too much much with their respective skillsets

Scoots
08-17-2015, 10:56 AM
Cavs should sogn and trade Tristan Thompson for Markieff Morris. Morris would be an ideal backup for Love because they wouldn't have to change up their offensive sets all too much much with their respective skillsets

That implies that the Suns want Thompson on a max contract, also teams in the sales tax have a lot of trade restrictions on them so even though the Suns probably would laugh at this deal, I'm not sure it's possible to make it work.

hugepatsfan
08-17-2015, 12:37 PM
Would love him in BOS. I think he fits Stevens' system well at the 4 and he's signed to a very reasonable long-term contract. BOS seems to be trying to put together a core of players that a FA will view as a group that he can "put over the top" and Morris would be a good addition to that core.

dalton749
08-17-2015, 02:23 PM
I want him in Toronto. Start biyombo beside him and we have the closest thing to the 04 Pistons.
Billups/Lowry
Hamilton/derozan
Prince/Carroll
Wallace/Morris
Wallace/biyombo

CityofTreez
08-17-2015, 02:34 PM
Big fan of the former Jayhawks Morris twins, but trade him to TOR.

PHO won't get a great return, and losing Markieff will make them slide further in the Western conference.
I'm a fan if he leaves our conference because he's definitely a good future piece for PHO.