PDA

View Full Version : Which team has the better record next year

BBallfan8
08-10-2015, 11:51 AM
A little in-state rivalry, think both teams can win anywhere between 25-45 games.

Rotations will probably be something along the lines of:

Knicks
PG - Calderon/Grant
SG - Afflalo/Galloway/Vujacic
SF - Melo/D-will/Early
PF - Porzingis/Seraphin
C - R. Lopez/O'Quinn

vs.

Nets

PG - Jack/Larkin
SG - Bogdanovic/Brown/Ellington
SF - Johnson/RHJ/Karasev
PF - Young/Robinson
C - B. Lopez/Bargs

Hawkeye15
08-10-2015, 12:09 PM
Knicks by probably 5-10 wins. The Knicks whiffed on max players, but their signings aren't too shabby honestly.

Kyben36
08-10-2015, 12:09 PM
Knicks, Nets are on the rebuilding track if you ask me, giving up on williams really signifies that.

YoungOne
08-10-2015, 12:18 PM
I think nets, but I hope the knicks (cause we have the nets pick) :D

nycericanguy
08-10-2015, 12:41 PM
Knicks will essentially be adding Melo, KP, Grant, Lopez, Afflalo, Quinn, Seraphin, Dwill, and really Calderon too because he also missed half the year. They should be better and closer to the 45 win mark than 25.

Nets didn't really add anyone of significance but instead lost Dwill, Teletovic and now JJ is a year older.

Pierzynski4Prez
08-10-2015, 01:12 PM
Knicks, however I can't see either getting past 35 wins. Nets are in some serious trouble for a long time unless they land a Top Tier FA in the next few years.

Hawkeye15
08-10-2015, 01:18 PM
Knicks will essentially be adding Melo, KP, Grant, Lopez, Afflalo, Quinn, Seraphin, Dwill, and really Calderon too because he also missed half the year. They should be better and closer to the 45 win mark than 25.

Nets didn't really add anyone of significance but instead lost Dwill, Teletovic and now JJ is a year older.

I don't think it will be at 45, but I can for sure see a 35-38 win Knicks team next year.

deaner
08-10-2015, 02:10 PM

How can you justify saying JJ is getting a year older and then say the Knicks are gaining Melo? Total double standard in my books. No mention either in the negative factor that Fisher and the triangle bring to the Knicks.

goingfor28
08-10-2015, 02:13 PM
Knicks

mngopher35
08-10-2015, 02:15 PM
I would take the Knicks here, I think they had a solid off season and getting all their players back will boost them into the race for playoffs. Nets I see taking a small step backward with losing a couple guys and JJ only getting older (plus I think they over performed last year to make it).

beasted86
08-10-2015, 02:16 PM
Total wash to me. Both teams end the year with 30 wins. If Brook reverts to injuries, looking at an 18 win Nets.

Looking forward to seeing RHJ fly around on defense though.

5ass
08-10-2015, 02:23 PM
Melo needs to have the best season in his career for the Knicks to be anywhere near 45 wins. I just don't see it. KP and Grant won't make much of an impact.

nycericanguy
08-10-2015, 02:36 PM
How can you justify saying JJ is getting a year older and then say the Knicks are gaining Melo? Total double standard in my books. No mention either in the negative factor that Fisher and the triangle bring to the Knicks.

how is that a double standard? JJ has been declining for 2-3 years and is 34, Melo is still a legit 25ppg guy like he always has been and he just turned 31. obviously a huge difference.

Your 2nd bolded I have no idea what you're talking about other than you're usual seething NY hate/trolling like your buddy friedtofuz.

beasted86
08-10-2015, 02:44 PM
Quick and honest question to Knicks fans. How far can your team really go with Affallo being the supposed best perimeter defender?

Do you identify with the idea that perimeter defense is hugely lacking on the team? Yes or no?

BBallfan8
08-10-2015, 04:01 PM
Quick and honest question to Knicks fans. How far can your team really go with Affallo being the supposed best perimeter defender?

Do you identify with the idea that perimeter defense is hugely lacking on the team? Yes or no?

Galloway was one of the better perimeter defenders last season.

nycericanguy
08-10-2015, 04:07 PM

Grant is also a very good defender and figures to get substantial minutes. JC is the only weak peg defensively in the backcourt.

Upfront Lopez, Quinn, Seraphin are all very good defenders, and KP has great rim protection potential.

beasted86
08-10-2015, 04:16 PM

Galloway was bad from what I saw when he played Miami. Seems like an offensive minded player, not defensive minded.

And I also think it's fairly insane to talk about a rookie being a go to defender and thinking about playoffs in the same breath.

beasted86
08-10-2015, 04:23 PM
It's clear bias to claim perimeter defense is no concern at all for the Knicks. Clear bias. It's the equivalent to me as a HEAT fan saying health is no concern for Miami.

Like do you seriously listen to yourselves?

That idea disgusts me so much that you guys can't be objective about your own team that I'm just quitting this discussion and leaving the thread. I'm figuratively taking my ball and going home on this one.

nycericanguy
08-10-2015, 04:31 PM
It's clear bias to claim perimeter defense is no concern at all for the Knicks. Clear bias. It's the equivalent to me as a HEAT fan saying health is no concern for Miami.

Like do you seriously listen to yourselves?

That idea disgusts me so much that you guys can't be objective about your own team that I'm just quitting this discussion and leaving the thread. I'm figuratively taking my ball and going home on this one.

:laugh:

dude aren't you a MIA fan?... why are you getting so riled up over NY's perimeter D, and then on top of that basing your opinion of Galloway's D off of ONE game against MIA?...lol...

FlashBolt
08-10-2015, 04:37 PM
:laugh:

dude aren't you a MIA fan?... why are you getting so riled up over NY's perimeter D, and then on top of that basing your opinion of Galloway's D off of ONE game against MIA?...lol...

He's claiming NYK's perimeter D is terrible but doesn't understand his team ranked one of the lowest in perimeter defense last season.. Goran Dragic/Dwyane Wade, yeah, totally great defenders. On another forum, he was trying to justify Wade's contract as well. Yet, he's here talking about being objective. Even proclaiming that because of one game vs the Miami Heat, Galloway is a bad defensive player... Being objective would look into their whole season's work.. not one game.

Hawkeye15
08-10-2015, 05:21 PM
beasted has a point, the Knicks defense better get a lot of cleanup out of Lopez and crew. The perimeter defenders are not good. The offense should be much improved, so I am still guessing 35 wins (remember, they play in the east here).

Clippersfan86
08-10-2015, 06:04 PM
Knicks by a comfortable margin. They still have the only true potential perennial all star or superstar in Melo, they have more quality depth and I think their rookie is going to be big for them, despite many thinking he won't help much right away. I'd take Porzingis over pretty much anyone on the Nets right now if I was building a team.

If healthy Knicks win 42-46 games and get a 5-8 seed. Nets will be lucky to win 30 or 35, even with a healthy Lopez.

nycericanguy
08-10-2015, 07:05 PM
beasted has a point, the Knicks defense better get a lot of cleanup out of Lopez and crew. The perimeter defenders are not good. The offense should be much improved, so I am still guessing 35 wins (remember, they play in the east here).

JC is really the only one that is subpar... and Phil has said he sees him as a 26-28mpg player.

Grant is 23 and if there's one thing he can do immediately it's defend.

Afflalo is around average. and galloway is solid.

Hawkeye15
08-10-2015, 08:02 PM
JC is really the only one that is subpar... and Phil has said he sees him as a 26-28mpg player.

Grant is 23 and if there's one thing he can do immediately it's defend.

Afflalo is around average. and galloway is solid.

as a unit, it's below average pretty easily. It will take a scheme to put up a wall versus isolating your perimeter players trying to guard

ohreally
08-10-2015, 08:53 PM
Nets have a problem at point, but otherwise they seem fine to me. Brook, Young, Joe, and Bogdanovic is not that bad. Jack can't do anything much else but score, and he can get carried away with that, but he's not a total negative. RHJ was arguably the best defensive player in the draft, and according to Chris Ford, the most underrated. Brown is good defensively and athletic. Karasev has a high IQ, and should develop at some point.

As far as potential goes, Robinson was a #5 pick and the Kings grades for that pick were A+ just about across the board. Willie Reed was being called this year's Whiteside by Miami press.

Point is a major problem, but RHJ, Joe, and Karasev can help.

Nets are better than the Knicks until Karasev actually meets his potential in something other than summer league.

Cal827
08-10-2015, 09:11 PM
I think nets, but I hope the knicks (cause we have the nets pick) :D

:laugh2: I'm pretty much hoping for the polar opposite of this :D

But I think the Knicks will win more overall. Nothing overwhelming on the team, but a bunch of solid role players. I can see them fighting for that final east playoff spot, so around 30-37 wins.

The Nets on the other hand, seem to be absolutely messed right now. Can't properly rebuild, as they don't have THEIR picks for a long time, and a roster of older guys who's contracts aren't of much value. I feel bad for Net fans, cause it'll probably be a little bit before they're very competitive again

ohreally
08-11-2015, 07:44 PM
:laugh2: I'm pretty much hoping for the polar opposite of this :D

But I think the Knicks will win more overall. Nothing overwhelming on the team, but a bunch of solid role players. I can see them fighting for that final east playoff spot, so around 30-37 wins.

The Nets on the other hand, seem to be absolutely messed right now. Can't properly rebuild, as they don't have THEIR picks for a long time, and a roster of older guys who's contracts aren't of much value. I feel bad for Net fans, cause it'll probably be a little bit before they're very competitive again

To each his own on solid role players, but where are these timeworn old Nets? They've got two guys over 30 and one guy 29. The Knicks have four guys over 30 and one 29.