PDA

View Full Version : Mock Playoffs (Round 1): 4. LA Clippers vs 5. Sacramento

Shammyguy3
08-08-2015, 10:34 PM
Once again, users on PSD partook in a fantasy game that "mocked" what real NBA teams did with their off-season. GMs of teams drafted, signed free agents, and traded players to improve their team. Now the playoff brackets are set, and it is up to ALL OF YOU to vote on who should win!!! All players are considered healthy.

4. Los Angeles Clippers (Home Court)
PG: Darren Collison | Devin Harris | Cory Joseph
SG: JJ Redick | Manu Ginobili
SF: Kevin Durant | Matt Barnes
PF: Ryan Anderson | Mason Plumlee | John Henson
C: DeAndre Jordan | Steven Adams

5. Sacramento
PG: Jeff Teague l Ray MacCallum
SG: Kevin Martin l Shabazz Muhmammad l Dion Waiters l Brandon Rush
SF: Andre Igoudala l Kyle Singer l
PF: Al Horford l Kenneth Faried
C: Brook Lopez l Al Horford l Andrew Bynum

goingfor28
08-08-2015, 10:42 PM
That Clippers team is much more talented than the Kings

unleashthebeast
08-08-2015, 11:09 PM
^Than the real life kings team maybe. This Kings team is good as ****, this series would be incredibly close.

Sadds The Gr8
08-08-2015, 11:20 PM
I think the kings could score in bunches against them

Raps18-19 Champ
08-09-2015, 12:33 AM
This is closer than I thought.

Saddletramp
08-09-2015, 07:22 AM
How do all of these teams get worse? Paul and Griffin for Durant? Just keep Paul and Griffin. Is this a "you have to make 4 trades or more" league?

xnick5757
08-09-2015, 11:06 AM
I think the kings could score in bunches against them

Really? At first glance I think it's the other way around!

Anderson/Jordan is a nightmare combo for Horford/Lopez. If Horford pops out to guard against Anderson's 3s, it leaves Jordan 1 on 1 with Lopez - and also clears the paint for Durant to go to work. Also, if Horford starts scoring a bunch on offense I can sub in Plumlee or Henson for defense.

My bench is also much better then Sacramento's (they have done an amazing job overall though, finishing ahead of OKC and houston!)

ROY 2 MVP Braun
08-09-2015, 12:15 PM
PG: Jeff Teague l Ray MacCallum
SG: Kevin Martin l Shabazz Muhmammad l Dion Waiters l Brandon Rush
SF: Andre Igoudala l Kyle Singer l
PF: Al Horford l Kenneth Faried
C: Brook Lopez l Al Horford l Andrew Bynum

I like this team a lot, but I think they should have looked at trading 1 of Al, Brook, or Kenneth along with Kmart, and either Shabazz/Waiters for an upgraded starting 2, a back up pf/c, and a better backup pg if possible.

Killerjug
08-09-2015, 01:17 PM

Anderson/Jordan is a nightmare combo for Horford/Lopez. If Horford pops out to guard against Anderson's 3s, it leaves Jordan 1 on 1 with Lopez - and also clears the paint for Durant to go to work. Also, if Horford starts scoring a bunch on offense I can sub in Plumlee or Henson for defense.

My bench is also much better then Sacramento's (they have done an amazing job overall though, finishing ahead of OKC and houston!)

if your plan is to give Deandre Jordan the ball for post ups that sounds great to me. I agree you have the better bench, but I like my 8ish man rotation with Faried Muhammad and MacCallum off the bench. Obviously I love iggy on Durant and he will hurt his efficiency. Also just love the pacing of my team (Clippers have good spacing as well) but I like the way I matchup here

Sadds The Gr8
08-09-2015, 01:22 PM

His 1/4 pnr would kill. Collison can't defend and ryno is one of the worst in the whole league (i don't think he's a starter at this point if he continues to defend like he did this year). Teague and horford were awesome pnr players this yr

Ebbs
08-09-2015, 01:52 PM
How do all of these teams get worse? Paul and Griffin for Durant? Just keep Paul and Griffin. Is this a "you have to make 4 trades or more" league?

Magic got way better, where were you for that vote. . .****ing guy

Saddletramp
08-09-2015, 02:07 PM
Magic got way better, where were you for that vote. . .****ing guy

Just noticed these last night after three bottles of wine. Kinda went jerk mode but honestly, it seems like every team got worse than where they started.

I usually stay away from this sort of stuff, so I guess I'll just go back to staying away from this sort of stuff.

Sadds The Gr8
08-09-2015, 02:17 PM

no some ppl trade just to trade. But yea, alot of teams got way worse.

Cracka2HI!
08-09-2015, 02:20 PM
It's tough seeing the Clippers without CP3 and Blake. However this version of the Clippers would be fun to watch. I'm not sure they improved but their GM was obviously very busy. The Kings GM did a great job, just not quite enough to beat out and already elite Clippers roster.

Ebbs
08-09-2015, 02:27 PM
Just noticed these last night after three bottles of wine. Kinda went jerk mode but honestly, it seems like every team got worse than where they started.

I usually stay away from this sort of stuff, so I guess I'll just go back to staying away from this sort of stuff.

It's a game. Lol you're entitled to your opinion. I wish everyone who voted posted like you do.

Shammyguy3
08-10-2015, 10:32 AM
close matchup, please ppl vote!!!

Killerjug
08-10-2015, 06:04 PM
Go Kings!

Shammyguy3
08-10-2015, 06:49 PM
those users that voted on other matchups, please vote on the closest 1st round matchup we've had thus far!!!

Quinnsanity
08-10-2015, 08:49 PM
I've been in love with this Clippers team for the whole game. They move on here.

Killerjug
08-10-2015, 10:37 PM
Upset city baby! QuatreBarton has under 100 posts 6-5 Sacramento woo!!!

Sadds The Gr8
08-10-2015, 10:52 PM
Durant curse still alive

Clippersfan86
08-11-2015, 01:47 AM
How the hell is this close lol? Clippers have the two best players, better depth and HCA? Clippers in 6 tops.

Bruno
08-11-2015, 05:19 AM
clippers.

Shammyguy3
08-11-2015, 08:57 AM
Upset city baby! QuatreBarton has under 100 posts 6-5 Sacramento woo!!!

Yup, Kings advance at the buzzer

unleashthebeast
08-11-2015, 11:07 AM
How the hell is this close lol? Clippers have the two best players, better depth and HCA? Clippers in 6 tops.

They have the 2 best players? :laugh2: good joke

xnick5757
08-11-2015, 11:26 AM
Team with a top 5 player (at worst) and great supporting cast loses to a team led by a guy thats barely top 15

Straight up BS, you'll forget how fantastic Durant is?

Shout out to homie for voting for the weaker team, well played

xnick5757
08-11-2015, 11:29 AM
Oh and thanks to the two guys that came and voted for me after the poll closed, lol

homestarunner93
08-11-2015, 12:24 PM
Team with a top 5 player (at worst) and great supporting cast loses to a team led by a guy thats barely top 15

Straight up BS, you'll forget how fantastic Durant is?

Shout out to homie for voting for the weaker team, well played

Even if that were true (it's not), it wouldn't matter. Neither you nor the Kings will beat Golden State, so what's the difference? I don't think your team is better, or at least it doesn't match-up well. Teague would punk Collison or Redick, whoever you put on him. Iggy is good enough to give KD a little bit of trouble. Ryan Anderson will get demolished by either Horford or Lopez, whoever he is supposed to act like he's guarding. He is a useless defender.