PDA

View Full Version : One All-Star, One Superstar, One Role Player

5ass
08-07-2015, 10:36 PM
Towns, Russell, Okafor. Predict how these guys end up, three options: all-star, superstar and role player. You can only use each once.

xxplayerxx23
08-07-2015, 11:01 PM
Oakfor- Allstar
Towns-Superstar
Russell-Role player

Really tough because I do love Russell and think he could easily be an Allstar too

AP=MVP
08-08-2015, 05:04 PM
Superstar - Towns
All Star - Russell
Role Player - Okafor

pretty simple

mrblisterdundee
08-09-2015, 11:50 AM
Towns - Superstar
Russell - All-star
Okafor - All-star

5ass
08-09-2015, 01:39 PM
Towns - Superstar
Russell - All-star
Okafor - All-star

Follow the rules. You guys know that just because their top 3 picks doesn't mean they'll all be great. Its very likely one of them develops into a role player.

2013 draft: Bennett, Oladipo, Porter.
2012 draft: Davis, MKG, Beal.
2011 draft: Kyrie, Derrick Williams, Kanter
2010 draft: Wall, Turner, Favors.

Theirs at least one role player in each of those groups.

jerellh528
08-09-2015, 02:22 PM
Follow the rules. You guys know that just because their top 3 picks doesn't mean they'll all be great. Its very likely one of them develops into a role player.

2013 draft: Bennett, Oladipo, Porter.
2012 draft: Davis, MKG, Beal.
2011 draft: Kyrie, Derrick Williams, Kanter
2010 draft: Wall, Turner, Favors.

Theirs at least one role player in each of those groups.

This history shows the guards generally being the better player/ star and the bigs floundering/ role player, except Davis. And that's usually true of high picked guards vs high picked bigs.

But in this draft I'd say
Okafor:superstar
Russell: all star
Towns: role player

Don't realistically see a SUPERSTAR amongst them though.

5ass
08-09-2015, 03:05 PM
This history shows the guards generally being the better player/ star and the bigs floundering/ role player, except Davis. And that's usually true of high picked guards vs high picked bigs.

But in this draft I'd say
Okafor:superstar
Russell: all star
Towns: role player

Don't realistically see a SUPERSTAR amongst them though.

Yeah I said before the draft that I don't think any of them becomes a superstar. I think Towns has the best chance of becoming a superstar, but also equal chance at becoming a very solid role player. For me its,
Towns: superstar
Okafor: all star
Russell: role player.

mngopher35
08-09-2015, 03:15 PM
Yeah I said before the draft that I don't think any of them becomes a superstar. I think Towns has the best chance of becoming a superstar, but also equal chance at becoming a very solid role player. For me its,
Towns: superstar
Okafor: all star
Russell: role player.

Kind of how I see it as well but honestly I am not very low on any of these guys. Towns has the most potential but may be the farthest from reaching it atm. I really like Towns skill set so even if he is just really good and not a superstar it would still be great since he does (has potential to do) a lot of things you want from a big in today's game (Passing, stretch the floor, paint protector).

Okafor has elite post skills already but is a bit questionable on the defensive end. I think he has superstar potential if he can get a solid mid range and improve defensively.

Russell is a guard who appears to be a great playmaker and shooter without much defense. With the way guards are taking over the league I can see why people have high hopes for him. I didn't watch quite as much of him as the other two so he is hardest for me to judge.

MonroeFAN
08-10-2015, 10:39 AM
This is gonna sound really harsh, but I'm not convinced Towns is going to be a plus player in this league. He just seems kind of awkward.

I would go

Oak - superstar
Russell - star
Towns - role

Tony_Starks
08-10-2015, 12:19 PM
Tough one. Towns and Russell have the advantage of being mentored by two of the most mentally tough competitors we've ever seen. That can go really great or really bad depending on how they are built. Russell seems a bit more rough around the edges whereas I see a lot of goofball in Towns...just my observation.

Russell= Superstar ( feast or famine type of superstar)
Okafor= Allstar (very consistent allstar)
Towns= role player ( with superstar flashes)

JAZZNC
08-10-2015, 12:25 PM
Okafor-All Star
Russel-role player
Towns-role player

I don't see a super star player amongst them.

Yanks All Day
08-12-2015, 09:11 AM
Superstar: Jahlil Okafor. To me, it depends on his defense. He already has a great NBA-ready offensive game and an NBA body. If he improves defensively to even a top-10 level big guy, he's a clear superstar.

All Star: D'Angelo Russell. Ultra-talented, but getting thrown right into the fire with the point guard-heavy West. He'll sink or swim right away while carrying the Lakers, and I think he'll develop into a very good NBA PG.

Role Player: Karl-Anthony Towns. I mean, he stood out enough among college players to be the number 1 pick because he was viewed as the surest bet. He was more complete than Okafor. That being said, there's nothing about Towns that makes you say "he does that better than current NBA pros!" like Okafor's offensive game. Complete player right out of college. Could contribute right away. But there's just nothing about him right now that you see as can't-miss. He'll be a good player on a good, young team, though.

crewfan13
08-12-2015, 03:08 PM
I'd go towns, Russell and okafor. Like a few of you have said, not sure there's a true superstar in the group. I think towns will be the best player, but I think his game may be the type of game that's consistently overlooked. I think he can be a plus defender and rebounder who can be an efficient price of the offense. While that's a very good price to have, I think other guys will always be looked at more highly by the general fan because towns raw numbers may not be elite.

5ass
11-15-2015, 04:38 PM
Bump

Scoots
11-15-2015, 05:24 PM
I was hoping we were building a team from one all-star, one superstar, and one role-player. I'll pick Klay Thompson, Steph Curry, and Draymond Green.

Towns could be a superstar with what he's already done and as young as he is.
Okafor is already one of the best post scorers in the NBA.
Russell has shown very little so far in the NBA but the situation he's in is not the best for him.

If I have to I'd put Russell last, based on the refinement of skills currently in place I'd have to put Okafor as the superstar ... but it could be Towns in a season or 2.

nyltd
11-15-2015, 10:35 PM
Why isn't porzingis in the selections? Cause he's white isn't it

Leftcoast_yg
11-17-2015, 10:17 PM
Top 3 picks, dick.

Jeffy25
11-18-2015, 01:01 AM
Towns - Superstar
Okafor - All-Star
Russell - Role Player

FraziersKnicks
11-18-2015, 03:05 AM
KAT - Superstar
Okafor - All-Star
Russell - Role player

More-Than-Most
11-18-2015, 07:09 AM
Superstar-Russ
Allstar-Towns/Oka
Role player-Oka/Towns

Of these 3 I liked OKA the least but to me he has played the best with the least and has shocked me on defense... Towns is just going to be solid on both ends of the floor and is the safest pick... Russ to me is and will continue to be the Superstar... He looks slow and horrid on defense and his defense will never be good but offensively he has the potential to be a monster and was by far my favorite draft pick coming out.... I think Towns/OKA will be great and superstars where is Russ will either be a superstar or a bust.