PDA

View Full Version : NBA Christmas Day games

JordansBulls
08-06-2015, 09:34 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13388330/cleveland-cavaliers-tentatively-scheduled-visit-golden-state-warriors-christmas-day

LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers are tentatively scheduled to visit Stephen Curry and the Golden State Warriors on Christmas Day, according to league sources.

Sources told ESPN.com that the league plans to feature an NBA Finals rematch as a headliner of its annual Christmas Day slate but stressed that nothing is likely to be made official before next week, when the league ‎is expected to release the new schedule in full.

The NBA reserves the right to make changes before the schedule is announced but annually issues a tentative schedule in advance of the full release. Cavs-Warriors is the second Christmas Day matchup reported in recent days.

The Miami Herald reported earlier this week that the Heat will host Anthony Davis and the New Orleans Pelicans in the first of the day's games on Christmas.

TrueFan420
08-07-2015, 12:45 AM
Last time I went to a Christmas Day game was the year of the lock out and the first game was the Christmas Day game. Warriors vs Clippers. Started a F LA chant, don't remember the 4th quarter and did something stupid on BART... aw to be young again.

FlashBolt
08-07-2015, 02:14 AM
Expected it. Was going to be the Cavs vs GSW or Cavs vs Heat.

Yanks All Day
08-07-2015, 09:05 AM
I think the Christmas game should always be a rematch of the Finals, unless one team noticeably blows it up in the off-season. Both the Cavs and Dubs are going to be even better this year, so this game should be great for the league.

kdspurman
08-12-2015, 01:47 PM
renamed the thread title to add others

kdspurman
08-12-2015, 01:49 PM

Sly Guy
08-12-2015, 02:08 PM
I've always hated xmas day games. Give the players the holiday too. Who wants to be on the road away from their families on that day?

Big Zo
08-12-2015, 02:17 PM
I've always hated xmas day games. Give the players the holiday too. Who wants to be on the road away from their families on that day?
Poor multi-millionaires that get to play a game for a living, and have 4-6 months vacation time during the offseason. Yeah, I'd trade with them.

Dade County
08-12-2015, 07:02 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13425726/nba-releases-2015-16-schedule-much-fanfare-holiday-cheer

The NBA released its schedule Wednesday, featuring the always anticipated five-game Christmas Day lineup, plus DeAndre Jordan's Los Angeles Clippers making a November appearance in Dallas -- the team Jordan spurned in free agency to dramatic effect.

Christmas' offerings start with the New Orleans Pelicans visiting the Heat at noon ET, one of the 13 times young star Anthony Davis is scheduled to be shown on national television as he moves more into the spotlight.

That game is followed by the Chicago Bulls at the Oklahoma City Thunder. The centerpiece game of the day is a Finals rematch with the Cleveland Cavaliers visiting the defending champion Golden State Warriors at 5 ET. The late games are the San Antonio Spurs at the Houston Rockets and the Clippers at the Los Angeles Lakers.

Nov. 11 promises to be intriguing. In the first game of an ESPN doubleheader, Jordan plays with the Clippers at Dallas. In the nightcap, LaMarcus Aldridge returns to Portland with the Spurs.

The season tips off on Oct. 27 with two playoff rematches: the Bulls host the Cavs, followed by the Warriors getting their rings before playing the Pelicans.
Cavs, followed by the Warriors getting their rings before playing the Pelicans.

It is part of a loaded first week of nationally televised games. Other matchups in the first few days of the season include Kevin Durant's expected return for the Thunder, who host the San Antonio Spurs on Oct. 28, followed that night by Kobe Bryant's expected return when the Los Angeles Lakers host the Minnesota Timberwolves in No. 1 overall pick Karl-Anthony Towns' first game.

Also in the first few days of the season, the Clippers host the Dallas Mavericks in what could be called the first "DeAndre Jordan game" on Oct. 29, and the Cavs play their home opener Oct. 30, when LeBron James' team hosts the Miami Heat.

Tony_Starks
08-12-2015, 07:33 PM
Lakers and Clippers

Scoots
08-12-2015, 09:48 PM

The Warriors flew all the families out too so it became a nice vacation. Not the same obviously but the players don't have to not have Christmas with their families.

Scoots
08-12-2015, 09:49 PM
It would be hilarious to me if the teams sat their star players for rest that day :)

TrueFan420
08-13-2015, 04:23 PM
It would be hilarious to me if the teams sat their star players for rest that day :)

It would but the NBA would hit back at them for it. This is a big money maker for them I'd assume.

Scoots
08-13-2015, 04:49 PM
It would but the NBA would hit back at them for it. This is a big money maker for them I'd assume.

Yeah, and only Pop has the balls to do that to the NBA.

FlashBolt
08-15-2015, 03:08 AM
I can't be the only person disappointed with these Christmas games. Cleveland vs GSW is definitely the best choice but the rest are headscratchers to some degree.

Pelicans vs Heat? Very random. Should be the Heat vs Bulls.

OKC vs Bulls sounds good but I'd much rather see OKC vs Spurs.

I think it's stupid not to have Rockets vs Clippers. There is a bad taste going on there.

Lakers should not be playing vs the Clippers. How many times do we have to hear about this LA rivalry. Sheesh, Lakers may draw a huge fanbase but this has ROOKIE vs ROOKIE all over it. Should have been Wolves vs Lakers if you ask me. Wiggins vs Kobe, Russell being in the spotlight, Towns vs Randle, and maybe Bennett can come back and finally do something useful. Oh yeah, KG and Zach Lavine would be fun to watch as well.

Dade County
08-15-2015, 09:31 AM
I can't be the only person disappointed with these Christmas games. Cleveland vs GSW is definitely the best choice but the rest are headscratchers to some degree.

Pelicans vs Heat? Very random. Should be the Heat vs Bulls.

OKC vs Bulls sounds good but I'd much rather see OKC vs Spurs.

I think it's stupid not to have Rockets vs Clippers. There is a bad taste going on there.

Lakers should not be playing vs the Clippers. How many times do we have to hear about this LA rivalry. Sheesh, Lakers may draw a huge fanbase but this has ROOKIE vs ROOKIE all over it. Should have been Wolves vs Lakers if you ask me. Wiggins vs Kobe, Russell being in the spotlight, Towns vs Randle, and maybe Bennett can come back and finally do something useful. Oh yeah, KG and Zach Lavine would be fun to watch as well.

The only thing I can come up with is that... That will be Bosh 1st return game back to Miami (so yeah some how Pat gets AD in a HEAT jersey); so the media can sale that. LMAO!

WaDe03
08-15-2015, 01:17 PM
The only thing I can come up with is that... That will be Bosh 1st return game back to Miami (so yeah some how Pat gets AD in a HEAT jersey); so the media can sale that. LMAO!

How many of these conspiracy theories of yours have ever been right? These things are ridiculous.

Dade County
08-15-2015, 05:43 PM
How many of these conspiracy theories of yours have ever been right? These things are ridiculous.

It's not a conspiracy, it was a LMAO... smh

Sly Guy
08-15-2015, 09:39 PM
The Warriors flew all the families out too so it became a nice vacation. Not the same obviously but the players don't have to not have Christmas with their families.

That's a nice gesture, I didn't know that, and that makes me happier about it. I mean, I've always felt bad about the games over christmas, cuz I'd always thought everyone, rich or poor, deserves to spend the holidays with their loved ones.