PDA

View Full Version : Report: Heat to host Anthony Davis, Pelicans on Christmas

Dade County
08-06-2015, 11:54 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25260883/report-heat-to-host-anthony-davis-pelicans-on-christmas

The Miami Herald reports that the Miami Heat are scheduled to host Anthony Davis and the New Orleans Pelicans in the first leaked game of the 2015-2016 schedule, according to a tentative and unconfirmed version that has been circulating among NBA front offices this week.

The news is notable for a number of reasons. First, it means that Davis has truly arrived, pulling small-market New Orleans on the map in the NBA's marquee regular-season day. Davis is worth the price of admission, and watching him face off against Chris Bosh and Hassan Whiteside will be a great way to spend your time after unwrapping presents.

It's also interesting because of what it means for the rest of the schedule. The Lakers, no matter how bad they are or have been, will get a spot. The Golden State Warriors and Cleveland Cavaliers are locks, and may play one another. So that's five teams right there. That means the Bulls, Knicks (who usually get a spot, again, no matter how awful they are), Thunder, Spurs, Rockets and Clippers (who may play the Mavs) are fighting over the last five spots.

It's great to see the league opting for the talent and fun aspect over the big markets, if this matchup does indeed turn out to be true. If Dwyane Wade is healthy and plays, seeing him slice inside against the Brow's shot-blocking exploits should be fun to watch, along with the up-and-down pace of the Pelicans under Alvin Gentry vs. the Heat's cadre of veteran scorers.

Thoughts... And if this is true, who else gets the open spots and vs who?

goingfor28
08-06-2015, 12:00 PM
Clippers @ Mavericks seems like a solid choice.

RLundi
08-06-2015, 12:25 PM
I didn't think AD was that big a star. I mean, he's a phenomenal player but Idk, I don't really care to see him or the Pelicans on opening night, especially not against the Heat. That seems like such a random pairing. Where's the intrigue? Where's the rivalry? Seems like an odd game to have on one of the premier nights in the NBA.

Dade County
08-06-2015, 12:29 PM
A team in the Pelicans that got 4-0 by the Warriors, and Miami that didn't make the playoffs.

Why would the league want them to face each other on Christmas day, I think to myself. Maybe a trade has been worked out already for 1 or both of these teams that will spice in this game up for the viewers.

RLundi
08-06-2015, 01:04 PM
A team in the Pelicans that got 4-0 by the Warriors, and Miami that didn't make the playoffs.

Why would the league want them to face each other on Christmas day, I think to myself. Maybe a trade has been worked out already for 1 or both of these teams that will spice in this game up for the viewers.

I think it says opening night, not Christmas.

Htownballa1622
08-06-2015, 01:21 PM
This has everything to do with Norris Cole. Lol jk.

But seriously? Pels and Heat?

Zzzzzzz.

Dade County
08-06-2015, 02:53 PM
I think it says opening night, not Christmas.

Yeah I guess you are right... But the title of the article says Christmas. lol

Like i said, something is up behind the scenes because this really doesn't make any sense, for an opening night game or christmas game.

WaDe03
08-06-2015, 03:06 PM
I'm pretty positive its on Christmas. It's all over Twitter.

Big Zo
08-06-2015, 04:06 PM
The Heat Christmas uniform was already leaked a month or so ago. Thought it was common knowledge they were playing on Christmas.

Big Zo
08-06-2015, 04:12 PM
Here's the Heat Christmas uniform leaked back in may: http://www.hothothoops.com/2015/5/13/8599407/miami-heat-christmas-jerseys-leaked-revealed-photo