PDA

View Full Version : Mock Off-Season Playoffs (Round 1): 3. Indiana vs 6. Toronto

Shammyguy3
08-04-2015, 08:36 PM
Once again, users on PSD partook in a fantasy game that "mocked" what real NBA teams did with their off-season. GMs of teams drafted, signed free agents, and traded players to improve their team. Now the playoff brackets are set, and it is up to ALL OF YOU to vote on who should win!!! All players are considered healthy.

3. Indiana (Home Court)
PG: Rajon Rondo | Jose Calderon | Mike James
SG: Joe Johnson | Nik Stauskas
SF: Trevor Ariza | Chase Budinger | Jerami Grant
PF: Pau Gasol | Anderson Varejao
C: Marc Gasol | Kevin Seraphin | Ryan Hollins

6. Toronto
C: Kosta Koufos | Ian Mahinmi | Glen Davis
PF: Derrick Favors | Markieff Morris | Dante Cunningham
SF: Danilo Gallinari| Hedo Turkoglu
SG: J.R. Smith | Justin Holliday
PG: Eric Bledsoe | D'Angelo Russell | Jerian Grant

KnicksorBust
08-04-2015, 08:38 PM
Indiana. Jr would try and lead Toronto in shots.

roshan3ai
08-05-2015, 01:33 PM
I was gonna change my starting lineup for his series to:

C: Derrick Favors
PF: Markieff Morris
SF: Danilo Gallinari
SG: J.R. Smith
PG: Eric Bledsoe

Doesn't look like it would make a difference at this point though

Quinnsanity
08-06-2015, 07:13 PM
Rosh did a great job with Toronto, definitely like that team more than what he started with, but I think we're better and the voting reflects it.

TrueFan420
08-07-2015, 03:45 PM
H
I was gonna change my starting lineup for his series to:

C: Derrick Favors
PF: Markieff Morris
SF: Danilo Gallinari
SG: J.R. Smith
PG: Eric Bledsoe

Doesn't look like it would make a difference at this point though

JR as a starter killed you dude. He's a bench scoring piece but not a player to count on for heavy minutes if his shot isn't falling. I like Justin Holiday a lot but idk if he's ready to be a starter yet. You needed to try and acquire a better sg.

KnicksorBust
08-07-2015, 05:49 PM
Rosh did a great job with Toronto, definitely like that team more than what he started with, but I think we're better and the voting reflects it.

Classic "vote for me next round" comment.

Quinnsanity
08-07-2015, 07:15 PM
Classic "vote for me next round" comment.

Shhhhhhhhh

mightybosstone
08-08-2015, 10:22 AM
I'm not a fan of this Toronto squad. There's a lot of young talent there, but it's mostly unproven and they essentially have below average starters at three of five positions. But Indiana, for the love of God, please start Calderon over Rondo. You have an awesome, super fun European style basketball team, and Rajon Rondo would absolutely kill that offensively. Also JJ, Ariza and Marc would more than make up for Calderon's defensive deficiencies.

Personally, I wouldn't even want Rajon Rondo in my rotation in one of these games, much less starting. That's a bad move, and you need to adjust it before Round 2 or you're going to be very vulnerable.

Shammyguy3
08-08-2015, 10:16 PM
Indiana advances

CousinsEvansDUO
08-10-2015, 02:15 AM
What a rondo hater! He's about to become a top 5 pg again with the Kings under Karl, just watch you misguided fool boss tone!

Cal827
08-10-2015, 02:33 AM
Indiana. Now Crooner is probably out there smiling at the idea of a Calderon-Gasol-Gasol PG-PF-C combo, but I can't help but think that Jose would be torched by a healthy Bledsoe. Rondo (although an enigma), is much superior defensively. He has a much better chance of holding down Bledsoe than Calderon.