PDA

View Full Version : Mock Off-Season Playoffs (Round 1): 4. Chicago vs 5. Orlando

Shammyguy3
08-04-2015, 08:34 PM
Once again, users on PSD partook in a fantasy game that "mocked" what real NBA teams did with their off-season. GMs of teams drafted, signed free agents, and traded players to improve their team. Now the playoff brackets are set, and it is up to ALL OF YOU to vote on who should win!!! All players are considered healthy.

4. Chicago (Home Court)
PG: Kyrie Irving | Greivis Vasquez | Lester Hudson
SG: Avery Bradley | Leandro Barbosa | Jordan Hamilton
SF: Wilson Chandler | Archie Goodwin | Bruno Caboclo
PF: Chris Bosh | Channing Frye
C: Brandan Wright | Festus Ezeli

5. Orlando
Hill / Burke
Beal / Jimmer
Porter Jr. / PJ3 / Harkless
Monroe / Nicholson / Jerrett
Cousins / Zeller

Raps18-19 Champ
08-04-2015, 08:53 PM
This one is hard. I'll wait for writeups.

unleashthebeast
08-04-2015, 11:48 PM
THIS matchup is fun. We should have a depth chart for the magic though with first and last names haha :p

Sadds The Gr8
08-05-2015, 12:34 AM
I don't know why Frye isn't starting but regardless, I think ORL lays waste to them on the OFF Rebs. Rebs usually arent a huge factor anymore but in this series the size advantage is so lopsided that I think it makes the difference.

GREATNESS ONE
08-05-2015, 12:35 AM
Hometown, Chi-Town.

AP=MVP
08-05-2015, 02:42 AM
Bosh completely dominates both Monroe and Cousins whenever they are matched up.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=boshch01&p2=monrogr01
Last year Bosh got 34 while Monroe got 12 and Bosh dominates the career comparison too.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=boshch01&p2=couside01
Last year Bosh dominated Cousins to the tune 30 points vs. 17.

Irving obviously destroys George Hill... Not saying Hill is bad or anything but Kyrie is Kyrie.

Avery Bradley is perfect defender for Brad Beal. He will hound him and Beal will struggle.

Wilson Chandler vs. Otto Porter is obviously no contest.

As far as benches mine is superior as well

Ebbs
08-05-2015, 02:45 PM
No idea how we'd lose this...

We have better spacing. The Bulls have two one way players starting.

Bosh + Wright would get absolutely steam rolled down low. They'd get their ***** handed to them on the boards and would have nowhere near the muscle to keep Boogie + Monroe out of the paint.

Not to mention my best defender (Hill) is on Kyrie...

But hey, yea go Bulls!

Shammyguy3
08-05-2015, 03:05 PM
THIS matchup is fun. We should have a depth chart for the magic though with first and last names haha :p

if Ebbs updated his depth chart with first and last names then i'd have posted it ;)

xnick5757
08-05-2015, 09:15 PM
Starting talent wise (even with OPJ) I think Orlando has the edge.

But dear lord, that bench is absolutely horrible. Zeller is the only player that should see any playing time, and that means that Orlando's rotation is basically 6 deep.

At least Chicago has some decent role players... Burke/Jimmer/Nicholson/Jones are all complete garbage.

Chicago in 7

Quinnsanity
08-06-2015, 07:16 PM
Very, very close but I went Orlando. Could've gone either way.

AP=MVP
08-07-2015, 04:43 AM
Quinn, you are dead to me.

Nick, that was a close call but we still good

Quinnsanity
08-07-2015, 07:17 PM
Love you too AP

mightybosstone
08-08-2015, 10:37 AM
Orlando did a great job improving that squad's overall talent, but I think that team is built with two pretty big fundamental flaws. For starters, Monroe and Cousins are essentially both more effective at the center position, and neither guy excels much on the defensive end of the floor. Bosh and Wright at least have the skills on that end to bother them, but who on that end is slowing down a healthy Chris Bosh over a seven-game series? Also, I love George Hill's game, but he's well below average as an offensive distributor and Beal is even worse. Those two holes already put them at a disadvantage in my book. Plus, I just really like the Irving/Bosh duo, and I think Chicago put some very solid role players around them.

I'd take the Bulls in five or six.

Super.
08-08-2015, 12:28 PM
How the hell did Chicago win this

Ebbs
08-08-2015, 02:44 PM

I have no idea. I don't care I lost whatever.

But I didn't think this would even be close.

mightybosstone
08-08-2015, 04:07 PM

Why is it that shocking? Orlando has some pretty gaping holes, and two of the three best players in the series clearly play for Chicago.

Ebbs
08-08-2015, 04:44 PM
Why is it that shocking? Orlando has some pretty gaping holes, and two of the three best players in the series clearly play for Chicago.

Best player in the series is Boogie, 2 and 3 play for Chicago. But 4, 5, and 6 play for Orlando.

Shammyguy3
08-08-2015, 10:17 PM
Chicago advances