PDA

View Full Version : Mock Off-Season Playoffs (Round 1): Miami vs 8) Detroit

Shammyguy3
08-04-2015, 08:19 PM
Once again, users on PSD partook in a fantasy game that "mocked" what real NBA teams did with their off-season. GMs of teams drafted, signed free agents, and traded players to improve their team. Now the playoff brackets are set, and it is up to ALL OF YOU to vote on who should win!!! All players are considered healthy.

1. Miami (Home Court)
PG: Mike Conley(35) - Mario Chalmers(13)
SG: Dwyane Wade(34) - Mario Chalmers(7) - Dorell Wright(7)
SF: Luol Deng(33) - Omri Casspi(15)
PF: Carmelo Anthony(36) - Lavoy Allen(12) - Jonas Jerebko
C: Rudy Gobert(32) - Mareese Speights(16) - Udonis Haslem
IR: Gerald Wallace - Michael Beasley

8. Detroit
Reggie Jackson/Spencer Dinwiddie
Tyreke Evans/Kentavious Caldwell-Pope/Jodie Meeks
Harrison Barnes/Quincy Miller/CJ Wilcox
Ed Davis/Terrence Jones//Cartier Martin
Nikola Vucevic/Bismack Biyombo/Myles Turner

xnick5757
08-04-2015, 08:26 PM
There's no poll? Miami pretty easily in 4, way too much talent

KnicksorBust
08-04-2015, 08:28 PM
Miami. Yawn.

Shammyguy3
08-04-2015, 08:30 PM
poll up

unleashthebeast
08-04-2015, 11:46 PM
Don't see Detroit having any chance here, congrats on getting into the playoffs with the Pistons though :up:

TrueFan420
08-05-2015, 12:06 AM
Miami but I'm not a fan of that squad. I could easily see them losing to a team with "less talent" but better fit and mismatches.

unleashthebeast
08-05-2015, 12:14 AM
Miami but I'm not a fan of that squad. I could easily see them losing to a team with "less talent" but better fit and mismatches.

:eyebrow:

GREATNESS ONE
08-05-2015, 12:34 AM
Miami

Matter.
08-05-2015, 12:16 PM
On my phone but Miami wins pretty easily

rapjuicer06
08-05-2015, 01:43 PM
Yea, Even I'm taking Miami in 4

TrueFan420
08-05-2015, 05:24 PM
:eyebrow:

Golbert is underrated and I like him but that's not a positive in this type of game. I don't think Anthony can play PF for a full season and make a deep playoff run from that position. Deng is aging but a good role player to have. Wade is breaking down and declining more each year. Yes I know the rules state all are healthy but let's be real most ignore that to a degree and will expect that Wade will be at least caring nagging injuries that would likely effect his play in a post season game and any deep run they might make. I love Conley.

Mario is a decent back up PG and Moe is a decent scoring option off the bench but the rest of your bench is bad and limited rim protectors.

You have good players and I don't know who you'll meet so it's possible you can go to the finals but if you run into a team with a good PF center combo and wing defenders your gonna be in trouble.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-05-2015, 05:30 PM
Miami in 3.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-05-2015, 05:30 PM
Golbert is underrated and I like him but that's not a positive in this type of game. I don't think Anthony can play PF for a full season and make a deep playoff run from that position. Deng is aging but a good role player to have. Wade is breaking down and declining more each year. Yes I know the rules state all are healthy but let's be real most ignore that to a degree and will expect that Wade will be at least caring nagging injuries that would likely effect his play in a post season game and any deep run they might make. I love Conley.

Mario is a decent back up PG and Moe is a decent scoring option off the bench but the rest of your bench is bad and limited rim protectors.

You have good players and I don't know who you'll meet so it's possible you can go to the finals but if you run into a team with a good PF center combo and wing defenders your gonna be in trouble.

I think New York went to ECF with Carmleo at PF.

TrueFan420
08-05-2015, 05:49 PM
I think New York went to ECF with Carmleo at PF.

I don't remember the specifics of that year and how much time he spent where but the east has been and is weak. Like I said the wrong match up and that teams in trouble. It might not be due to talent cause they are talented but fit and match up issues could be the heats demise. But that's just my opinion.

unleashthebeast
08-05-2015, 10:41 PM
I'll save my breath for a thread where it will actually matter, I think you're dead wrong though.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-05-2015, 10:49 PM
I don't remember the specifics of that year and how much time he spent where but the east has been and is weak. Like I said the wrong match up and that teams in trouble. It might not be due to talent cause they are talented but fit and match up issues could be the heats demise. But that's just my opinion.

Yea, and the East in this game is pretty weak as well. Carmelo spend 72% of his minutes at PF that year. It was the East semi finals though, not ECF. Though they won 57 games I think and were 2nd seed.

Of course they can lose to a team with matchups (matchups mean everything in sports), but that's a solid team. Having said that, I don't believe too strongly about Carmelo as a leader in general in the playoffs (though he can play PF pretty well and can be a high seed team).

homestarunner93
08-06-2015, 12:35 AM
Miami's problem is that Gobert is a stilt and ground Utah's offense to a stand-still last year. How he meshes with a PF like Melo is questionable. But, not relevant here.

unleashthebeast
08-06-2015, 11:03 AM
Miami's problem is that Gobert is a stilt and ground Utah's offense to a stand-still last year. How he meshes with a PF like Melo is questionable. But, not relevant here.

My problem is Rudy Gobert, my 5th offensive option, and how he meshes on offense? That's news to me lol

DaddyCool
08-06-2015, 05:16 PM
Yeah agreed. UTB's team sucks.

Silent
08-06-2015, 08:16 PM

same i just cant see that team working well

mightybosstone
08-07-2015, 03:42 PM
Clearly Miami. Glad UTB took my advice and traded for Melo. Smart move.

Super.
08-08-2015, 12:26 PM

Melo's best season came with him at the 4 for the majority of his minutes.

Shammyguy3
08-08-2015, 10:17 PM
Miami advances

Jets012
08-09-2015, 02:36 PM
Miami's is a #1 seed? Yikes.

They sweep this, but man that's one of the weakest 1 seeds I've seen. Just not a huge fan of that team at all.

They still could probably make it out of the East, but have virtually no chance against some of those West teams.

unleashthebeast
08-09-2015, 05:23 PM
Miami's is a #1 seed? Yikes.

They sweep this, but man that's one of the weakest 1 seeds I've seen. Just not a huge fan of that team at all.

They still could probably make it out of the East, but have virtually no chance against some of those West teams.

My team is getting so much conversation already :laugh2:

We'll have that argument when I need to, which certainly isn't now.

Munkeysuit
08-09-2015, 06:05 PM
Miami would definitely take out the Pistons however, I do think that the Pistons would make it a bit competitive and it would be chippy for most of the series...one or two games for Detroit ...maybe.