PDA

View Full Version : Sox In On Tyson Ross?

RedSoxtober
07-31-2015, 02:30 PM
USA Today's Bob Nightengale reports that the Cubs "would love to pull off a blockbuster" and land Tyson Ross and Craig Kimbrel from the Padres.

The Cubs, Padres and Red Sox are reportedly discussing a possible three-team deal and it's possible Chicago would be getting Ross and Kimbrel in a blockbuster swap. It remains unclear at this point what would be going to San Diego and Boston, but FOX Sports' Jon Morosi says the potential three-team deal "remains very much alive."

ESPN's Jerry Crasnick reports that the Red Sox are in the market for cost-controlled young pitching and "like Tyson Ross a lot."
They've also talked to the Indians about Carlos Carrasco. We haven't heard much from the Red Sox this week since they're out of the playoff hunt, with Crasnick saying they're "operating very quietly" in their pursuit of young rotation help. Ross, who is under team control through 2017, would certainly fit the bill.Both via roto

papipapsmanny
07-31-2015, 05:48 PM
Very much yes to this. I mentioned in another thread it would probably take something like JBJ, Marrero, and Johnson to get it done... which I would very much be ok with

RedSoxtober
07-31-2015, 07:55 PM
I was hoping that this would pick up steam but, oh well.

Someone noted the extreme home/road splits of Tyson:

Home 2.92ERA, 2.50 k/bb, .221/.301/.317, .284babip, 1.183whip
Road 4.24, 2.04 k/bb, .272/.353/.373, .338 babip, 1.461 whip

That's at least somewhat concerning when you consider that his two home parks (OAK, SDP) are among the most pitcher-friendly in MLB.