PDA

View Full Version : Mike Scott Arrested for Felony Drug Possession

goingfor28
07-30-2015, 09:01 PM
http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/29674506/hawks-forward

His mug shot :laugh2:

Supreme LA
07-30-2015, 09:10 PM
Weed and molly sounds like a great night to me. Stupid drug laws.

beasted86
07-30-2015, 11:24 PM
"Following too closely".... Um, yeaaahhhh...

Glad I don't live in stupid hick towns where Cops get away with these things.

In MIA they would at least come up with a more reasonable lie to pull you over.

Tony_Starks
07-31-2015, 03:14 AM
Following too closely AND trying to evade the cops? Lucky to still be alive.

Saddletramp
07-31-2015, 04:00 AM
I work with a black dude from Jamaica and the way he gets treated by the cops is astonishingly pathetic. He was arrested and had his car towed for stopping too close to the white line at a red light. He didn't run the red light, he didn't stop after or on the white line; no, he stopped too close to the white line. And he had nothing else on his record as far as warrants or outstanding tickets or anything and no, he wasn't being "uppity".

He also got thrown in jail another time because he didn't have his license on him as he just went a mile down the road to get his daughter some chips at the corner store and he thought he had his wallet in the car (he took his wife's car on accident). Instead of letting him go back a few blocks (he was almost home) to get his ID, he was just thrown in jail. He had no idea why he was stopped.

And yet another time, he was stopped for, again, something unclear, and was mistaken for another guy that was a known mischief maker in town that had the same name. "A black guy with the same name? Throw 'im in jail!" When we saw that that mischief maker guy had died, he drew a sigh of relief. Same damn thing happened 6 months later.

Things need to change in this country.

IBleedPurple
07-31-2015, 06:53 AM
"Following too closely".... Um, yeaaahhhh...

Glad I don't live in stupid hick towns where Cops get away with these things.Like my dad in North Dakota, got pulled over for not having headlights on, DUI. Had 2 beers through 9 holes of golf (more than 2 hrs). Was in a private parking lot at a gas station, lights were clearly on before the vehicle moved, The judge drinks heavily and plays poker with the arresting officer. Got to jail, blew a .00. Charges not dropped...

Get in the sticks and you are at their mercy.

RLundi
07-31-2015, 07:30 AM
Lol cops can sometimes be disgusting people with huge egos and maladjusted power trips but these guys admitted they had weed and MDMA in the car. Say what you want but those things are illegal. Furthermore, the driver went up to nearly 100mph to evade the police. As such, he went to prison.

I don't see what the outcry or backlash is about. There doesn't seem to be any brutality or profiling in this situation, and anyone that thinks so is not being objective. As far as what we've READ, several crimes were committed and the offenders were properly detained. That part isn't a story. The only juicy thing here is that the criminal is an NBA player.

Don't let the sensationalist media shape your EVERY thought.

IBleedPurple
07-31-2015, 07:37 AM
Lol cops can sometimes be disgusting people with huge egos and maladjusted power trips but these guys admitted they had weed and MDMA in the car. Say what you want but those things are illegal. Furthermore, the driver went up to nearly 100mph to evade the police. As such, he went to prison.

I don't see what the outcry or backlash is about. There doesn't seem to be any brutality or profiling in this situation, and anyone that thinks so is not being objective. As far as what we've READ, several crimes were committed and the offenders were properly detained. That part isn't a story. The only juicy thing here is that the criminal is an NBA player.

Don't let the sensationalist media shape your EVERY thought.Without knowing the details, everything after the arrest is appropriate based on current laws. Before that, hard to say. Far more often than not, everything was done correctly.

MonroeFAN
07-31-2015, 08:13 AM
Man a lot of crappy stories in this topic.

tredigs
07-31-2015, 12:53 PM
While we're story telling... when I was younger I have also been pulled over for "following to closely to another vehicle". I am white.

beasted86
07-31-2015, 01:41 PM
While we're story telling... when I was younger I have also been pulled over for "following to closely to another vehicle". I am white.

I don't think it has as much to do with race profiling as it does the small town cop standard and non-diverse cities.

The jargon used makes it entirely subjective to the officer's judgement and usually they can furnish no proof at all how closely you were following. The perfect "excuse" law that can be used as a fallback in most cases.

In NYC everybody follows too closely and its not enforced. In "Billy-Bob County" everyone who's not the Sheriff's drinking buddy could potentially be following too closely.

tredigs
07-31-2015, 04:45 PM
I don't think it has as much to do with race profiling as it does the small town cop standard and non-diverse cities.

The jargon used makes it entirely subjective to the officer's judgement and usually they can furnish no proof at all how closely you were following. The perfect "excuse" law that can be used as a fallback in most cases.

In NYC everybody follows too closely and its not enforced. In "Billy-Bob County" everyone who's not the Sheriff's drinking buddy could potentially be following too closely.

Yeah, I don't know. I've never been to a small town in the south so I can't speak on how that actually goes down by and large in 2015. The bottom line here though is that Scott had no reason to be worried about a search of his vehicle unless he was also just getting done smoking (which I have a feeling he wasn't or they would have also gotten him for a weed DUI while they were at it. They would have had no probable cause. Like a complete idiot he screwed himself by going on a high speed chase.