PDA

View Full Version : 2000s Vs 1990s

WaDe03
07-30-2015, 05:48 PM
Just saw this on Twitter and wanted to know which team everyone thinks would win.

2000s:

Wade
Kobe
LeBron
Duncan
Shaq

1990s:

Stockton
Jordan
Barkley
Malone
Hakeem

jerellh528
07-30-2015, 05:56 PM
2000s. I'd replace wade with kidd or cp3 though.

DanG
07-30-2015, 05:59 PM
2000s team has 4 top 10 all-time players and a top 20 player all-time who was insanely good in his prime. LeBron + Shaq is just too much to deal with.

rockets-fan
07-30-2015, 05:59 PM
I'd replace wade with CP3 or Kidd as well, then I'd choose 2000s. From pg-c, they are all dominate 2 way players, not saying the 1990s aren't but that team is unreal

phantasyyy
07-30-2015, 06:03 PM

OP's name has Wade in it I don't think that is going to happen hahahah

mngopher35
07-30-2015, 06:08 PM

I was going to say Nash for fit but CP3 is a good call.

I would take 2000's as well with or without the better fit at pg.

phantasyyy
07-30-2015, 06:12 PM
Honestly I think slottin in wade at PG is still an upgrade over Paul seeing as how Lebron would most likely be doing most of the ball handling anyways and Wade's slashing ability would probably be an asset but, the 2000s team may have some spacing issues

JordansBulls
07-30-2015, 06:16 PM
90's. The 2000's team wouldn't be able to share the rock that well, too many egos on that team. The 90's team is basically Dream Team I with Hakeem in place of Robinson/Ewing.

IBleedPurple
07-30-2015, 06:59 PM
Eh 2000s, but not an accurate representation.

For instance, Shaq was drafted in 1992 IIRC. Not like it took him a long time to be a force.

Scoots
07-30-2015, 07:05 PM
Odd thing ... the 1990s group has just 8 titles between them (not that that's a deciding factor). 2000s group has (I think) 19.

Tough to go against Jordan and the Dream ... but I'd take 2000s every day.

PowerHouse
07-30-2015, 08:02 PM
I think I prefer 80s:

Magic
Dr. J
Bird
Moses
Kareem

PowerHouse
07-30-2015, 08:04 PM
Eh 2000s, but not an accurate representation.

For instance, Shaq was drafted in 1992 IIRC. Not like it took him a long time to be a force.

He could easily be a rep for either squad.

PowerHouse
07-30-2015, 08:07 PM
Barkley playing the 3 he would have trouble staying in front of Lebron, maybe slide Pippen in there?

Clippersfan86
07-30-2015, 08:19 PM
Why would you play Wade at PG instead of CP3 as others have said? Wade peaked higher, but he's not a PG and probably a bad fit with that squad. 2000 squad would win that series in 5 or 6 at most IMO.

KnicksorBust
07-30-2015, 08:20 PM
90's. The 2000's team wouldn't be able to share the rock that well, too many egos on that team. The 90's team is basically Dream Team I with Hakeem in place of Robinson/Ewing.

If 2000s had CP3 then you are all set. Paul, Bron, Duncan don't have ego problems.

Hawkeye15
07-30-2015, 08:35 PM
I wouldn't select those teams.

90's-Stockton/Jordan/Pippen/Barkley/Hakeem
00's-Paul/Kobe/LeBron/KG/Duncan

need to pick for fit as well. Shaq is tough, cause he was awesome for 2 half-periods of each decade. If we are using his peak in either, KG is gone and Duncan slides to PF.

Minimal
07-30-2015, 08:35 PM
2000s is just to dominant of a team.
Wade is upgrade over CP3 or any other PG.

KnickNyKnick
07-30-2015, 08:46 PM
im with the minority here, but the 90's team would kick their ***. there would be way too much team ball for the 2000's to handle. and please dont forget how automatic Jordan and Malone were with that mid range. or how keen Stockton and Hakeem were. they would win by out smarting them. but an awesome match up.

WaDe03
07-30-2015, 08:59 PM
As I stated I didn't make the teams I saw them on Twitter. Wade is better than CP3 or any other PG you would put there and these are all players in their primes obviously and Wade LeBron and Kobe are the best perimeter players of the 2000s. These 5 along with Dirk and KG are the best players of the 2000s generation.

I say 2000s mainly because Barkley would be ****ed if he was guarding LeBron. Wade would abuse Stockton although Stockton would make a lot of plays. Duncan and Shaq would be too much for Karl and Hakeem but they would be good matchups and Jordan would outplay Kobe but not by a lot.

xbrackattackx
07-30-2015, 09:23 PM
im with the minority here, but the 90's team would kick their ***. there would be way too much team ball for the 2000's to handle. and please dont forget how automatic Jordan and Malone were with that mid range. or how keen Stockton and Hakeem were. they would win by out smarting them. but an awesome match up.
Also you can make a argument about the chemistry of the dream team which featured most of those players. And how they bonded back then. They were amazing.

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-30-2015, 09:55 PM
00's easily really. Kobe slows down Jordan, bron facilitating , Shaq smashing heads, Duncan being Duncan , and wade being the decoy ;)

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-30-2015, 10:00 PM
As I stated I didn't make the teams I saw them on Twitter. Wade is better than CP3 or any other PG you would put there and these are all players in their primes obviously and Wade LeBron and Kobe are the best perimeter players of the 2000s. These 5 along with Dirk and KG are the best players of the 2000s generation.

I say 2000s mainly because Barkley would be ****ed if he was guarding LeBron. Wade would abuse Stockton although Stockton would make a lot of plays. Duncan and Shaq would be too much for Karl and Hakeem but they would be good matchups and Jordan would outplay Kobe but not by a lot.

Lol don't lie bro, they had iverson in there instead of wade.

Chronz
07-30-2015, 10:22 PM
replace wade with cp3 and its a decent match

Ty Fast
07-30-2015, 10:28 PM
Id say the 90's cuz MJ but Id put gary payton and scottie pippen on the 90's team and shaq instead of malone. That would make them way better defensively.
Payton
Pippen
MJ
Hakeem
Shaq

Ty Fast
07-30-2015, 10:33 PM
Shaq could be on the 90's and 2000's lol

MTar786
07-30-2015, 10:45 PM
i think 00's either sweep or win in 5 games vs that 90's squad. but the 00's was the best decade of talent..followed by the 80's

Hawkeye15
07-30-2015, 10:54 PM
00's easily really. Kobe slows down Jordan, bron facilitating , Shaq smashing heads, Duncan being Duncan , and wade being the decoy ;)

I will give you this, you are consistent

Scoots
07-30-2015, 11:38 PM
I will give you this, you are consistent

I can't stand Kobe and am a Jordan fan but I can admit that a prime Kobe would slow a prime Jordan. He didn't say stop.

WaDe03
07-30-2015, 11:42 PM
Lol don't lie bro, they had iverson in there instead of wade.

https://twitter.com/thenbacentral/status/626860128696975360

I've seen both but considering Wade is better than Iverson I decided to use this one.

WaDe03
07-30-2015, 11:45 PM
I'm confused. Do people think CP3 is better than Wade now? Prime Wade? It's not even close. You have Wade and LeBron to facilitate so you're good to go without a PG.

LakersIn5
07-31-2015, 12:04 AM
Id take nash

Clippersfan86
07-31-2015, 12:26 AM
I'm confused. Do people think CP3 is better than Wade now? Prime Wade? It's not even close. You have Wade and LeBron to facilitate so you're good to go without a PG.

First off don't act like there is a big gap, if any. Peak CP3 in 08+09 is on par with any form of Wade. Secondly nobody is saying he's better really, they are saying he's a way better fit, which is 100 percent true. Wade can pass, but he's not going to be as good as CP3 at getting all of those guys where they need to be for his playmaking.

09 CP3: 22.8 ppg, 11 apg, 5.5 rpg, 3 spg. WS/48 .292, PER 30, TS% 60. 08 CP3 was pretty much on this level too.

Wade's career high in WS/48 for example was .239.

FlashBolt
07-31-2015, 12:47 AM

Style makes a team. Wade isn't a bad passer but CP3 is a great passer who can shoot as well. Wade is not a great shooter by any stretch. Hands down, I would replace Wade with Paul just because for that particular team, it would make more sense. Wade is better than CP3 but let's stop pretending CP3 isn't an All-Time NBA great.

Shammyguy3
07-31-2015, 12:59 AM
90s from those two teams. Jordan's the greatest, and Hakeem is arguably the second best player out there on the court. Not saying he definitively is, but when you have the best player and someone that can also be the 2nd best player at the same time, along with the best pick & roll tandem we've ever seen it makes it a quick choice in my opinion

WaDe03
07-31-2015, 01:05 AM
First off don't act like there is a big gap, if any. Peak CP3 in 08+09 is on par with any form of Wade. Secondly nobody is saying he's better really, they are saying he's a way better fit, which is 100 percent true. Wade can pass, but he's not going to be as good as CP3 at getting all of those guys where they need to be for his playmaking.

09 CP3: 22.8 ppg, 11 apg, 5.5 rpg, 3 spg. WS/48 .292, PER 30, TS% 60. 08 CP3 was pretty much on this level too.

Wade's career high in WS/48 for example was .239.

CP3 is my second favorite player going back to his Hornets days. There is definitely a gap. Peak Wade is definitely better not to mention Wade is a winner. With Wade and LeBron in their primes you don't need a PG. Wade is a better 2 way player and bigger and a lot longer so he would help at the top of the defense. Ask yourself if peak CP3 is better than peak Kobe. If you say yes then debate whether or not he's better than peak Wade.

WaDe03
07-31-2015, 01:13 AM
[QUOTE=FlashBolt;30211991]Style makes a team. Wade isn't a bad passer but CP3 is a great passer who can shoot as well. Wade is not a great shooter by any stretch. Hands down, I would replace Wade with Paul just because for that particular team, it would make more sense. Wade is better than CP3 but let's stop pretending CP3 isn't an All-Time NBA great.[/QUOTE

I know CP3 is great but he's just not better than Wade. Give me the better player and the winner out of the 2 and Ill be happy. Wade may not be great from 3 but imagine the midrange game between Wade Kobe LeBron and Duncan. Wade would make the defense better and would bully Stockton in the post or make a play when they doubled. There's a reason that team has 19 championships and a lot of them were won when a couple of those guys were on the same team.

Wade and LeBron-2 rings
Kobe and Shaq-3 rings
Wade and Shaq-1 ring

These guys know what it takes to win. Not saying CP3 doesn't or won't but he hasn't yet and until he does it'll always hold him back when it comes to his greatness. I hope he does as long as it doesn't come against Wade and the Heat.

FlashBolt
07-31-2015, 01:30 AM
[QUOTE=FlashBolt;30211991]Style makes a team. Wade isn't a bad passer but CP3 is a great passer who can shoot as well. Wade is not a great shooter by any stretch. Hands down, I would replace Wade with Paul just because for that particular team, it would make more sense. Wade is better than CP3 but let's stop pretending CP3 isn't an All-Time NBA great.[/QUOTE

I know CP3 is great but he's just not better than Wade. Give me the better player and the winner out of the 2 and Ill be happy. Wade may not be great from 3 but imagine the midrange game between Wade Kobe LeBron and Duncan. Wade would make the defense better and would bully Stockton in the post or make a play when they doubled. There's a reason that team has 19 championships and a lot of them were won when a couple of those guys were on the same team.

Wade and LeBron-2 rings
Kobe and Shaq-3 rings
Wade and Shaq-1 ring

These guys know what it takes to win. Not saying CP3 doesn't or won't but he hasn't yet and until he does it'll always hold him back when it comes to his greatness. I hope he does as long as it doesn't come against Wade and the Heat.

Uhhh, Wade is not a better than defender than CP3. In case you haven't heard, CP3 has been an elite defender for pretty much all of his career. I never said CP3 was better than Wade. I said Wade is not a better fit than CP3 for this particular team. It's why some teams make trades for other players and you see a difference in their ability to play. Midrange game? CP3 is an elite midrange shooter and that pick and roll with Tim Duncan would be absolutely legendary. Not sure why you mentioned LeBron in the midrange section. He has never been a midrange shooter. I have little to see what you mean by "knows what it takes to win." This is about matchup and quite frankly, CP3 is a better matchup than Wade. He's a better passer, defender, and shooter. Those three things automatically make CP3 a better fit.

basch152
07-31-2015, 02:10 AM
Anyone saying 2000s is crazy. The 90s has the two best all around players on the court in olajuwon and jordan and if you go to the bench it gets far worse. 90s has robinson, Ewing, Malone, Webber, shaq, so many great big men to choose from that the 2000s just can't match.

Plus pippen, hill, or rodman at the 3 are both better fits.

Here's what the 90s team should look like -

Stockton/payton
jordan/miller/drexler
hill/pippen
olajuwon/malone
robinson/shaq/ewing

Chronz
07-31-2015, 02:36 AM
He's definitely not better Than Wade but He's a better fit imo. Does more for this team That they need but yeah it's hard to argue against vintage wade

jerellh528
07-31-2015, 03:04 AM
Anyone saying 2000s is crazy. The 90s has the two best all around players on the court in olajuwon and jordan and if you go to the bench it gets far worse. 90s has robinson, Ewing, Malone, Webber, shaq, so many great big men to choose from that the 2000s just can't match.

Plus pippen, hill, or rodman at the 3 are both better fits.

Here's what the 90s team should look like -

Stockton/payton
jordan/miller/drexler
hill/pippen
olajuwon/malone
robinson/shaq/ewing

I think 2000s can easily give that team a run for its money. Shaq was a tweener decade guy, but I think I would consider him 2000s because he had far more prime success in the 2000s.

Cp3/Kidd
Kobe/wade
Lebron/durant
Kg/dirk
Shaq/Duncan

basch152
07-31-2015, 03:11 AM
I think 2000s can easily give that team a run for its money. Shaq was a tweener decade guy, but I think I would consider him 2000s because he had far more prime success in the 2000s.

Cp3/Kidd
Kobe/wade
Lebron/durant
Kg/dirk
Shaq/Duncan
They might make a good matchup, but I would in no way say that team is better.

For the starters I'd say 90s wins across the board with the exception of lebron/hill, which prime hill was a goat and I honestly think that would be my favorite matchup to see.

KnicksorBust
07-31-2015, 08:58 AM

Cp3/Kidd
Kobe/wade
Lebron/durant
Kg/dirk
Shaq/Duncan

For the starters I'd say 90s wins across the board with the exception of lebron/hill, which prime hill was a goat and I honestly think that would be my favorite matchup to see.

Disagree. Cp3 is better than Stockton. LeBron is better than Hill or Pippen. Duncan is better than Malone/Barkley. PEAK Shaq vs Hakeem would be a wash. The only player advantage is MJ over Kobe.

basch152
07-31-2015, 09:05 AM
Disagree. Cp3 is better than Stockton. LeBron is better than Hill or Pippen. Duncan is better than Malone/Barkley. PEAK Shaq vs Hakeem would be a wash. The only player advantage is MJ over Kobe.

Cp3 is not better than stockton. He's a better scorer, that's about it. These teams dont need a scoring pg. These types of teams is where stockton is elevated higher than I would normally rank him.

I would also put Gary payton over cp3. The best defensive pg in nba history who could also score and pass with a very high bball iq? Yes please.

Lebron is better than hill, yes, but peak hill is very close and this is probably the closest matchup here.

Shaq olajuwon is definitely not a wash, also peak shaq was in the 90s, but anyways, shaq has him beat on efficient scoring, that's it. Olajuwon beats him BADLY in defense, rebounding, stretching the floor, hard work, and leadership.

Duncan over malone I could accept.

But again, the 90s bench for big men **** so hard over the 2000s. Especially when you count shaq (which you should) among them.

mightybosstone
07-31-2015, 09:10 AM

You could make a decent case for Paul over Wade based on advanced numbers, although I'd still give Wade the edge in terms of any all-time discussion. But the issue isn't who the better player is, it's having him play out of position at the 1. Also, Paul is a much, much better perimeter shooter, which helps space out the floor for that starting five a lot more.

mightybosstone
07-31-2015, 09:17 AM

No, he wasn't. I think people remember Hill as a much better player than he actually was. At his peak, his production doesn't really touch the greatest wings of the last 30 years. His production is actually really similar to Scottie Pippen's, except he doesn't have the "arguably greatest perimeter defender of all-time," "played No. 2 to MJ" or "six NBA championships" arguments to back him up.

basch152
07-31-2015, 11:15 AM
No, he wasn't. I think people remember Hill as a much better player than he actually was. At his peak, his production doesn't really touch the greatest wings of the last 30 years. His production is actually really similar to Scottie Pippen's, except he doesn't have the "arguably greatest perimeter defender of all-time," "played No. 2 to MJ" or "six NBA championships" arguments to back him up.

During His Peak 5 seasons he averaged more than 22 ppg, 8 rpg, and about 6.5 rpg while shooting well over 45%.

Go ahead and look through the last 30 years and tell me how many players were closer to averaging 20 10 and 10 while also making around 47% of their shots.

The list if even anyone is on it, is going to be extremely small.

At the same points in their career, hill was a better passer and rebounder to lebron and as efficient scoring wise, with lebron scoring about 6 more ppg while playing ~4 more minutes per game, just to compare.

but yes, go ahead and say one of the closest players to averaging a trip dub didn't have production as good as the greats the last 30 years.

JasonJohnHorn
07-31-2015, 11:19 AM
First off... I hate this 'throw a starting line-up out there' trend that's been plaguing the forum lately. No offence to the OP, it's jsut when you put a team together, you put it together not based on who the best players are, but rather who matches up best.

If you put Wade and Kobe in the starting line-up, and you have Jordan on the other team, Stockton may not be the best option. You may go with Clyde Drexler since Jordan will be handling the ball, or a long-range bomber like Reggie Miller (though Stockton may still be an option).

Also... Barkley was NOT a small forward and would NOT be able to defend LeBron. Obviously Pippen is the right choice to match up with that line-up.

Which means that with Duncan, you have to choose Malone or Barkley to match-up, but since you already have Hakeem, Pippen Jordan and Drexler (or Stockton), you don't need another scorer... you need a defender who can rebound, in which case Rodman would be the best pick.

Alternately, if you are picking point guards for the 00's, then you might go with the two-time MVP Steve Nash, or Jason Kidd... or even CP3. In which case you are bring Stockton back in, though some might go with Tim Hardaway.

Anyways... if you have Wade/Kobe/LBJ/Duncan/Shaq, Kobe would be the odd man out because all the other guys are great at sharing the ball, and Kobe needs to be the alpha dog even when he clearly isn't, and on this roster, he'd have to take a back seat to Shaq, Duncan, and LBJ, and he wouldn't handle that well.

Assuming that there weren't chemistry issues, the 90's team you want to match up with that would be Jordan/Drexler/Pippen/Rodman/Hakeem because that would be a better match-up. Pippen could guard LBJ, Jordan would guard Kobe, Drexler would have a notable size advantage over Wade, Rodman could chase Duncan all over, and ALL of those guys are great help defenders who could step over and help Hakeem with Shaq, not that he would need as much as people think.

It's like people put these teams together with nothing more than fantasy numbers in their head, as if 25+25+25+25+25=125, when really what happens is that when you put 5 guys who score 25 a game on the same team is they all score less and some guys will end up complaining about it.

As the rosters stand, the 00's would win mostly because Barkley would be watching LBJ blow past him on every play and Wade had 3 inches on Stockton, but if you put together a 12-man roster of the best players from both decades, it would be far more interesting.

mightybosstone
07-31-2015, 11:32 AM
During His Peak 5 seasons he averaged more than 22 ppg, 8 rpg, and about 6.5 rpg while shooting well over 45%.

Go ahead and look through the last 30 years and tell me how many players were closer to averaging 20 10 and 10 while also making around 47% of their shots.

The list if even anyone is on it, is going to be extremely small.

At the same points in their career, hill was a better passer and rebounder to lebron and as efficient scoring wise, with lebron scoring about 6 more ppg while playing ~4 more minutes per game, just to compare.

but yes, go ahead and say one of the closest players to averaging a trip dub didn't have production as good as the greats the last 30 years.

At work, but I'll address this later. Suffice it to say your interpretation of his numbers are way off.

Hawkeye15
07-31-2015, 02:07 PM
I can't stand Kobe and am a Jordan fan but I can admit that a prime Kobe would slow a prime Jordan. He didn't say stop.

Dumars, Payton, and the rest of the elite defenders didn't do much to stop a prime Jordan in the hand check era. I don't think Kobe is doing anything to him.

RLundi
07-31-2015, 03:01 PM

Agreed. Hill always looked or was remembered as better than he actually was. He had multiple seasons averaging close to 20-10-7. That's impressive no matter how you slice it, even if the advanced numbers don't immediately back that up. Still, his best stretch was that of 4 years of about .180 WS/48 and a VORP at close to 5.5. That's pretty damn good, but lags significantly behind some of the better SFs and SGs that should be on an all-time or decade list. What also hurts him is that he was never a high-volume 3 point shooter nor did he get to the line as much as other superstars, plus he shot it at a pretty average clip.

PowerHouse
07-31-2015, 07:14 PM
Anyways... if you have Wade/Kobe/LBJ/Duncan/Shaq, Kobe would be the odd man out because all the other guys are great at sharing the ball, and Kobe needs to be the alpha dog even when he clearly isn't, and on this roster, he'd have to take a back seat to Shaq, Duncan, and LBJ, and he wouldn't handle that well.

Well then why did he handle it so well on the '08 and '12 Olympic teams?

If this were a Laker team in the playoffs maybe he would have the alpha-dog, take over the game mentality but this wouldnt be that type of situation. Its contrary to popular belief but Kobe can, and has proven in the past, that he, in all-star/olympic team situations, has no problem taking a back seat.

WaDe03
07-31-2015, 07:43 PM
Yall need to watch the 08 Olympics. That team was much better when Wade was on the court than they were with CP3.

WaDe03
07-31-2015, 07:44 PM
Well then why did he handle it so well on the '08 and '12 Olympic teams?

If this were a Laker team in the playoffs maybe he would have the alpha-dog, take over the game mentality but this wouldnt be that type of situation. Its contrary to popular belief but Kobe can, and has proven in the past, that he, in all-star/olympic team situations, has no problem taking a back seat.

Yea he was very good on those Olympic teams. They all loved playing together.

Chronz
07-31-2015, 09:08 PM
Yall need to watch the 08 Olympics. That team was much better when Wade was on the court than they were with CP3.

Saw them. Disagree completely

hidalgo
07-31-2015, 09:24 PM
the 90s roster wins in 6

but if they went with Pippen in place of Barkley to guard LBJ, 90s win in 5 (& SHaq is really 50/50 90s & 00s, equal prime years in both decades & it can be argued he only truly dominated after MJ retired, & Olajuwon, the admiral, & Ewing got old (no true ivals anymore) Shaq belongs to both decades equally, so kinda unfair to just give him to the 2000s, but oh well, the dream could always handle shaquille

WaDe03
07-31-2015, 09:50 PM
Saw them. Disagree completely

Wade was the MVP lol.

effen5
08-01-2015, 04:23 AM
90s win and no Kobe wouldn't slow down MJ.

MJ had ridiculous scoring averages when all the bad boys pistons beat the crap out of him on the court....no way kobe would stop a prime MJ. That's actually laughable to say.

YAALREADYKNO
08-01-2015, 01:42 PM
2000's in 7

FlashBolt
08-01-2015, 02:41 PM
Barkley/Malone don't even play defense.. just stop. We're talking about Tim Duncan here. No one is mentioning HIS greatness? Jordan is the greatest ever but we need to stop the narrative that he could carry a team single handily. He never did that but somehow you guys claim he did. The fact of the matter is that even Jordan acknowledges that he and Kobe could go both ways in a 1-on-1. Not to mention that Kobe at his defensive prime years of 2001-2003 was no scrub on defense. By all means, Stockton was a great player but he should not be in this discussion. Take him out and put Pippen in.

IBleedPurple
08-01-2015, 03:33 PM
Barkley/Malone don't even play defense.. just stop. We're talking about Tim Duncan here. No one is mentioning HIS greatness? Jordan is the greatest ever but we need to stop the narrative that he could carry a team single handily. He never did that but somehow you guys claim he did. The fact of the matter is that even Jordan acknowledges that he and Kobe could go both ways in a 1-on-1. Not to mention that Kobe at his defensive prime years of 2001-2003 was no scrub on defense. By all means, Stockton was a great player but he should not be in this discussion. Take him out and put Pippen in.Did you even watch Malone? Not elite, but played on 13 teams with a top 10 defense, and was NBA 1st team defense 3 times. Doesn't happen by not playing defense.

FlashBolt
08-01-2015, 03:43 PM
Did you even watch Malone? Not elite, but played on 13 teams with a top 10 defense, and was NBA 1st team defense 3 times. Doesn't happen by not playing defense.

That doesn't mean anything. Kobe has been winning that award for years when he had no discussion being on it. Karl Malone was a great on-ball defender and man-to-man but he lacks team defense. In a game with those elite players, you're going to want a versatile defender like Duncan. The defense Malone played was geared towards the old fashion basketball while the defense today is much more complicated. Barkley knows his defense sucks so I don't even want to discuss that. The 2000 team would win handily. I went over this; Jordan is great but not even his ego allowed him to say he would beat Kobe. That speaks highly of Kobe's ability to play basketball in these type of situations. Then you have Wade vs Stockton. Do we even have to go over this? Stockton is way too small for Wade and Wade is way too athletic for Stockton. Wade is actually a very underrated defender before his whole knee debacle came into question. No one is defending LeBron on that team.. surely not Barkley (with how the OP paired things up). You can say Jordan (who is still undersized and no, I'm not falling for that trash talk crap. Give me something tangible. You have to be mentally tough to survive this long in the NBA coming in at age 18). But who will guard Kobe if Jordan is on Bron? Barkley on Kobe? Shaq/Duncan>Hakeem/Malone.

This thread is a joke in part because this list for the 1990's is a joke.

Pippen
Jordan
Hakeem
Robinson
Penny/Drexler

That is the real list and something that would actually make this discussion more plausible. I would stick Pippen on LeBron, Jordan on Kobe, Penny on Wade, Hakeem on Duncan, and Robinson on Shaq. This would go either way if you ask me.

jerellh528
08-01-2015, 04:37 PM
That doesn't mean anything. Kobe has been winning that award for years when he had no discussion being on it. Karl Malone was a great on-ball defender and man-to-man but he lacks team defense. In a game with those elite players, you're going to want a versatile defender like Duncan. The defense Malone played was geared towards the old fashion basketball while the defense today is much more complicated. Barkley knows his defense sucks so I don't even want to discuss that. The 2000 team would win handily. I went over this; Jordan is great but not even his ego allowed him to say he would beat Kobe. That speaks highly of Kobe's ability to play basketball in these type of situations. Then you have Wade vs Stockton. Do we even have to go over this? Stockton is way too small for Wade and Wade is way too athletic for Stockton. Wade is actually a very underrated defender before his whole knee debacle came into question. No one is defending LeBron on that team.. surely not Barkley (with how the OP paired things up). You can say Jordan (who is still undersized and no, I'm not falling for that trash talk crap. Give me something tangible. You have to be mentally tough to survive this long in the NBA coming in at age 18). But who will guard Kobe if Jordan is on Bron? Barkley on Kobe? Shaq/Duncan>Hakeem/Malone.

This thread is a joke in part because this list for the 1990's is a joke.

Pippen
Jordan
Hakeem
Robinson
Penny/Drexler

That is the real list and something that would actually make this discussion more plausible. I would stick Pippen on LeBron, Jordan on Kobe, Penny on Wade, Hakeem on Duncan, and Robinson on Shaq. This would go either way if you ask me.

If you replace Stockton with pippen, I would counter by replacing wade with durant and have Lebron run the point.

Lebron
Kobe
Durant
Duncan
Shaq

:drool:

Chronz
08-02-2015, 02:22 AM
Wade was the MVP lol. i disagree with that Completely as well. Unless you have actual facts or some thing more objective to say we're just gonna have to agree to Disagree

WaDe03
08-02-2015, 02:39 AM
http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/829512-dwyane-wade-lebron-james-chris-bosh-or-kevin-durant-whos-biw-by-2012

This pretty much sums it up for you. Wade was the MVP.