PDA

View Full Version : Power Rankings for this week

BallIsAll
07-29-2015, 08:47 PM
Full Rankings Here:http://www.realballinsiders.com/?p=649

30 Philadelphia 76ers Rafael: The 76ers are apparently on a 7 year plan to become contenders as reported by NBC Sports on an article featuring Julius Erving. With the addition of Jahlil Okafor and Joel Embiid missing another year due to an injury to his foot - the 76ers appear to be moving two-steps forward and one-step back.

Ethan: RT:
EB:
29 Denver Nuggets Logo Rafael: The Nuggets seem to be re-tooling instead of rebuilding - banking on their rookie PG Emmanuel Mudiay to reach his potential and take them to the next level, but that will take some time and they take another step back this season by dealing Ty Lawson to the Rockets as reported by Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.

EB:
28 Minnesota Timberwolves Logo Rafael: The Wolves have upgraded their roster by drafting the number one overall draft pick of 2015 Karl Anthony-Towns. As their young player which they have a plethora of begin to reach their potential this team could be a powerhouse in the western conference, but for now we expect their win total to improve but not by much in the 2015-16 season.

EB:
27 Orlando Magic Logo Rafael: The Magic have one of the youngest and most promising cores to build with along with the Timberwolves. Players like Aaron Gordon and Elfrid Payton look to take the next steps forward and if they do, this team could compete for a playoff spot in the east.

EB:
26 New York Knicks Logo Rafael: The Knick's Superstar Carmelo Anthony missed a great amount of time last year due to injuries so if he comes back healthy next year we expect their wins to significantly increase - but they will have a hard time scoring outside of 'Melo isos as their new players get accustomed to the triangle offense they seem to be determined to run.

EB:
25 Dallas Mavericks Logo Rafael: The Mavericks were destined to the playoffs when Deandre Jordan agreed verbally on a max deal that would make Dallas his home for the next 4-years. Instead they are most likely on the outside of the playoff picture following Jordan's decision to instead re-sign with the Clippers and leave the Mavs hanging - this resulted in Wes Matthews getting more money, but more money doesn't guarantee better production on the court.

EB:
24 Portland Trailblazers Logo Rafael: The Trailblazers along with the Mavericks have probably had the worse offseason in the NBA - not only did they lose one of their stars LaMarcus Aldridge to the Spurs, they also lost 3 other starters albeit Nicolas Batum was a result of a trade that netted them Noah Vonleh the 9th pick in the 2014 draft. They have a tough task with so many new players on the roster but they have a dynamic all star PG in Damien Lillard.

EB:
23 Los Angeles Lakers Logo Rafael: The Lakers basically have 2 high lottery draft picks playing for them this season with Julius Randle coming back from injury and the 2nd overall pick in this June's draft, D'Angelo Russell. They will also be getting back a relatively healthy Kobe Bryant and added a few other players - most notably Roy Hibbert. Hibbert has been quoted saying he will play like an all star defensively and if he does that will help the Lakers out in an area which they clearly struggled last season as they were 29th in defensive rating.

EB:
22 Sacramento Kings Logo Rafael: The Kings anchored by one of the leagues most promising big men Damarcus Cousins have a tough task ahead of them. With multiple reports leaking out claiming their current head coach George Karl would like to see the big man traded, their season might be shaky from the get-go. Also with the additions of unique personalities such as their rookie Willie Cauly-Stein and Rajon Rondo - the team might find itself battling themselves more often than their opponents.

EB:
21 Utah Jazz Logo Rafael: The Jazz ended last season on a hot streak winning 14 of their last 22 games and doing so while playing excellent defense. Players such as Rodney Hood and Dante Exum would look to improve on their last season numbers and this team should only get better.

EB:
20 Charlotte Hornets Logo Rafael: The Hornets have added a couple of new key role players and got rid of Lance Stephenson who they have been trying to get rid since mid last season, but they still have the same problem - their ke......

5ass
07-29-2015, 09:02 PM
I'd be disappointed if the Magic are that bad. I don't see them winning less than 30 games.

Jazz too low and pacers too high IMO. Nuggets are probably too low also.

Also this guy said Vonleh was drafted 5th overall.

BallIsAll
07-29-2015, 09:04 PM
Thanks appreciate it and yeah not perfect but it will get better every week

BallIsAll
07-29-2015, 09:06 PM
I'd be disappointed if the Magic are that bad. I don't see them winning less than 30 games.

Jazz too low and pacers too high IMO. Nuggets are probably too low also.

Also this guy said Vonleh was drafted 5th overall.

Changing Vonleh now, it was a typo..

slaker619
07-29-2015, 09:14 PM
Magic need to TURN UP !!

5ass
07-29-2015, 09:19 PM
Changing Vonleh now, it was a typo..

Oh sorry I didn't know you wrote it but, other than what I said, its a good list. Well done.

BallIsAll
07-29-2015, 09:21 PM
Oh sorry I didn't know you wrote it but, other than what I said, its a good list. Well done.

No its appreciated, criticism is a stepping stone to greatness. Also thank you.

BallIsAll
07-29-2015, 09:22 PM
Magic need to TURN UP !!

As a nuggets fan I'm kind of jealous they look great, especially with Aaron Gordon dominating the summer league like he did...

mngopher35
07-29-2015, 09:43 PM
I personally would flip the Nets and the Jazz on your list. I think Jazz are an up and coming team as you stated (with Gobert as anchor to Defense) and will improve on their record last year (similar to how they ended). Nets on the other hand lost some talent and instead of having developing players have some aging starters (both JJ's).

I think both of those teams had 38 wins last year but to me Jazz should be improving/developing while the nets will decline a little.

ManRam
07-29-2015, 10:33 PM
"Could compete for a playoff spot" but here, let's rank them 27th.

At least take a stand one way or the other!!!!

I too think the Jazz are at worst a top 16 team

BallIsAll
07-29-2015, 10:40 PM
You guys don't even understand how much you guys are helping, but yeah the Jazz could make serious noise the problem is will they continue next season how they ended last season?

mngopher35
07-29-2015, 11:12 PM
You guys don't even understand how much you guys are helping, but yeah the Jazz could make serious noise the problem is will they continue next season how they ended last season?

Even if they can't match that run they should at least improve a few wins to get to .500 I would guess. Their top 5 players in minutes were under 25, meaning each should improve a bit. They also should have Hood and a healthy Burks contributing more as well.

Where you have them ranked is lower than their final record last season, which seems a bit odd. After losing Kanter they went 19-10 or so I think so even getting close to that same record has them in/near the top half.

Tony_Starks
07-29-2015, 11:25 PM
First off good job man!

The Kings and Lakers should be higher IMO. Even though everyone is completely down on Rondo and Hibbert they are still way to young to be considered washed up. I look for both to have big bounce back seasons and improve their teams, especially Hibbert since he has basically said he's pretty much going Ben Wallace.

I would like to think Utah would be higher but I'm still very confused with their wing rotation. Seems like someone has to go.

beasted86
07-30-2015, 12:00 AM
I feel like I'm in bizarre land with people talking about the Utah Jazz.

I seriously want to bash my own head through a watermelon or something. I don't get what people are talking about at all!

That team sucks! Am I the only one looking at their roster? Was I in a coma when they traded for Durant this summer? Please somebody explain so I can stop feeling like I'm going insane surrounded by lunatics.

Tony_Starks
07-30-2015, 12:09 AM

I seriously want to bash my own head through a watermelon or something. I don't get what people are talking about at all!

That team sucks! Am I the only one looking at their roster? Was I in a coma when they traded for Durant this summer? Please somebody explain so I can stop feeling like I'm going insane surrounded by lunatics.

Lol! Don't trip man, its just a example of how having a legit paint patroller is a game changer. Gobert is just that.

BallIsAll
07-30-2015, 12:17 AM
Lol! Don't trip man, its just a example of how having a legit paint patroller is a game changer. Gobert is just that.

Haha a rim protector makes a huge difference

mngopher35
07-30-2015, 12:27 AM

Gobert is a huge part, once Kanter left their defense improved a ton.

I think people seeing a jump from Utah is a mix of a few things:

1. Young talent continuing to develop, as stated most of their key players last year were under 25 so should be getting better. Add in Burks likely healthy and Hood hopefully contributing a bit more.

2. Their defense when Gobert was a starter seemed much improved (8/37 games opponents scored 100+ when he started, happened 23/46 times he didn't start). Utah only won 4 games where the opponent scored 100+ times.

3. 19-10 record after the all-star break/trading Kanter and some probably believe that is the type of team they could be this year (maybe to a lesser extent though, small sample)

RLundi
07-30-2015, 07:03 AM
Awesome that you are able to make your own power rankings! Major props! That being said, there are a couple things I disagree with.

1. The Magic will not be the third worst team in the league. It's probably easy to just look at their record last year and plug them in to one of the last 5 spots, but there was a lot of turmoil and turnover I expect to be resolved. Also, how can they be a terrible team but have a chance to make the playoffs? Doesn't make sense. In my opinion, they will win 35 games. We'll see.

2. Knicks will have a significant increase in wins but still be a bottom 5 team? Melo missed a bunch of games. I think at the very least, they are assured of winning close to 35 games in the east simply because Melo is healthy. That puts them far higher than where you slot them on your standings.

3. Dallas and Utah are FAR too low. Dallas had a bad offseason but I can't imagine they slip to the third worst team in the West because of it. They really only lost Chandler. Rondo's (who sucked) and Ellis' departure will be mitigated by both Matthews and Deron Williams. I don't think they drop 6 spots because of it. Utah was almost .500 in the mighty West with a young team and finished the season very strong. IMO, they will finish in the playoffs next year, merely due to experience and their young core getting better. I'd be SHOCKED if they ended up that low in the standings, and even more shocked if teams like the Hornets, Pacers, Pistons, Celtics, and Brooklyn had better overall records.

MonroeFAN
07-30-2015, 08:34 AM
Basically the write up for my team as follows:

"They played ok last year, did stuff and their players think they're good, should be interesting to see what happens."

I don't disagree with the placement, but is this guy ********?

MonroeFAN
07-30-2015, 08:36 AM

Cannot agree. Gobert and Hayward are plenty to be excited for.

IBleedPurple
07-30-2015, 09:10 AM

"They played ok last year, did stuff and their players think they're good, should be interesting to see what happens."

I don't disagree with the placement, but is this guy ********?Hahaha. That is some insider, in depth, and risky reporting right there.

BallIsAll
07-30-2015, 09:16 AM

I don't disagree with the placement, but is this guy ********?

Bucks or piston fan? It's only the first week they'll get better

MonroeFAN
07-30-2015, 09:38 AM
Piston

BallIsAll
07-30-2015, 01:07 PM
Piston

It'll be taken care of thanks

MonroeFAN
07-30-2015, 02:43 PM
Sorry brother, didn't realize you were associated with this blog. Hopefully I wasn't too offensive.

Was a nice read otherwise.

BallIsAll
07-30-2015, 02:54 PM
Sorry brother, didn't realize you were associated with this blog. Hopefully I wasn't too offensive.

Was a nice read otherwise.

No you didn't offend. I like the feedback it will make next week that much better.

MonroeFAN
07-30-2015, 02:54 PM
Awesome attitude to have, good luck.

BallIsAll
07-30-2015, 02:56 PM
Awesome that you are able to make your own power rankings! Major props! That being said, there are a couple things I disagree with.

1. The Magic will not be the third worst team in the league. It's probably easy to just look at their record last year and plug them in to one of the last 5 spots, but there was a lot of turmoil and turnover I expect to be resolved. Also, how can they be a terrible team but have a chance to make the playoffs? Doesn't make sense. In my opinion, they will win 35 games. We'll see.

2. Knicks will have a significant increase in wins but still be a bottom 5 team? Melo missed a bunch of games. I think at the very least, they are assured of winning close to 35 games in the east simply because Melo is healthy. That puts them far higher than where you slot them on your standings.

3. Dallas and Utah are FAR too low. Dallas had a bad offseason but I can't imagine they slip to the third worst team in the West because of it. They really only lost Chandler. Rondo's (who sucked) and Ellis' departure will be mitigated by both Matthews and Deron Williams. I don't think they drop 6 spots because of it. Utah was almost .500 in the mighty West with a young team and finished the season very strong. IMO, they will finish in the playoffs next year, merely due to experience and their young core getting better. I'd be SHOCKED if they ended up that low in the standings, and even more shocked if teams like the Hornets, Pacers, Pistons, Celtics, and Brooklyn had better overall records.

Thank you ! And yes it took me well over 6 hours.. I like the feedback will keep those points in my head for next week. The only problem I'm having is that everybody keeps thinking their favorite team is too low

BallIsAll
07-30-2015, 02:58 PM
Awesome attitude to have, good luck.

Thank you. Also if anybody would like to help write, organize for the site I'll take the help! Already have 10 writers even one from bleacher report

xxplayerxx23
07-30-2015, 03:08 PM
I would bet a lot that if Melo is healthy they won't be that low no way. And the Jazz need to be a bit higher then that. They are my dark house to make the playoffs. And same with the magic I think they can def compete for an 7-8 seed

MonroeFAN
07-30-2015, 03:10 PM
Honestly I wouldn't mind being a contributor. I like the way the site is set up.

BallIsAll
07-30-2015, 03:20 PM
Honestly I wouldn't mind being a contributor. I like the way the site is set up.

I PMd you

Bruno
07-30-2015, 03:43 PM
funny how so many writers haven't keened in on the Jazz yet.

tredigs
07-30-2015, 04:31 PM

They went 19-10 post ASB and are absolutely freakish defensively with Favors/Gobert manning the paint. Their entire core is young and improving. They are going to be a very interesting team. In the East they would fight for HCA. In the West they'll fight for a playoff spot.

EDUTEXANS
07-31-2015, 11:39 AM
They also have a lot of depth with guys like Booker, Lyles, Hood, Ingles, Millsap and Burke or Exum. Those players can also be viwed as pretty interesting assets, should they decide to make a move for a star player.

nycericanguy
07-31-2015, 11:45 AM

agree on all 3 points, especially NY & DAL.

ORL still is playing a bunch of youngsters so they could be a bad team, but still I doubt they are bottom 3rd.

Knicks are adding Melo, Lopez, Afflalo, Quinn, KP, Grant and a full year of Galloway. No way are they still a bottom 5 team. They should easily double their win total.

DAL 2 years ago with Dalembert & JC won 50 games... Dirk is older sure, but they have what should be a rejuvenated Dwill, Matthews, Parsons, and Dirk is still good. They'll plug in a decent C and they'll be fine. Only thing that could stop them from being decent is that Matthews & Parsons are coming off injuries and could take a while to find their groove, but even then, no way are they 3rd worst.

BallIsAll
08-02-2015, 01:47 PM
Don't worry guys you won't be disappointed with next weeks! if anybody would like to pitch in let me know!

tredigs
08-02-2015, 03:58 PM
Don't worry guys you won't be disappointed with next weeks! if anybody would like to pitch in let me know!

You must be new to power rankings. I assure you, fans will ALWAYS be disappointed in ANY #1-X list you have. Don't focus on making anyone happy. GL

Jamiecballer
08-02-2015, 05:17 PM
You really need a web designer. 8 characters per line on android phone is pretty harsh. PM me if you need help. Good effort though on the basketball side.

BallIsAll
08-04-2015, 01:18 AM
You really need a web designer. 8 characters per line on android phone is pretty harsh. PM me if you need help. Good effort though on the basketball side.

Purchased a new design and if you flip the phone horizontally you can see the whole table. That is not a design problem..

Jamiecballer
08-04-2015, 04:55 PM
Purchased a new design and if you flip the phone horizontally you can see the whole table. That is not a design problem..
If you're happy with it and your site won't be expected to generate revenue that's all that matters

archdevil84
08-04-2015, 06:48 PM
why are the rockets second?

EDUTEXANS
08-04-2015, 07:01 PM
why are the rockets second?

Yeah, I'd go with Cleveland after Golden State. Healthy, they're just too talented. But after those two, I think Houston is the right choice. For now. They finished as the second seed and reached the WCF, while dealing with a lot of injuries, and kept their core together and added Lawson.