PDA

View Full Version : JR Smith

Slimsim
07-29-2015, 06:20 AM
Why is he still a free agent? he had a some what decent playoff run and prove he has some value to playoff teams maybe OKC can use him

GeronimoSon
07-29-2015, 07:59 AM
Why is he still a free agent? he had a some what decent playoff run and prove he has some value to playoff teams maybe OKC can use him

It's pretty certain that he's going to return to the Cavs.. He has been quoted saying that the best time of his life was the half season plus spent with Cleveland.. The signing should take place later this week, now that the Brendan Haywood contract/trade and Mathew Dellevadova deals have been completed..

For this reason, he hasn't really been around to visit other teams for the purpose of generating interest..

goose15
07-29-2015, 08:00 AM
should go to the Pelicans..

Chrisclover
07-29-2015, 08:51 AM
Because he bungled his in the finals and he always has a bad reputation of being crass and stupid.

OA SLAY
07-29-2015, 10:16 AM
As a Knicks fan you're seriously questioning this?

JEDean89
07-29-2015, 11:35 AM
awful player. should have opted in, got his money, then resigned next offseason. how stupid is he? dude always reverts to his mean, which is a below average volume chucker. His only value is to bring him off the bench, and hope that he plays well, so that if he doesn't, you can sit his ***. i want to see a team of.

jennings
jr
nick young
beasley
mcgee

the all- has the talent and body just not the head team.

KnicksorBust
07-29-2015, 11:45 AM
As a Knicks fan you're seriously questioning this?

Lol. Seriously.

I would love to bump a thread back when he had a hot month of all the Knicks fans crying about losing him. That Finals showed exactly the type of player you get with JR Smith.

Vee-Rex
07-29-2015, 12:14 PM
He's still a free agent because he's looking at a paycut (and he doesn't want to play for anyone but the Cavs).

Instead of opting in and taking his 6 million, he opted out, hoping to get a bigger deal. It backfired.

I'd expect him back on a 2 year 10/11 million a year deal, or 2/12 million with a team option on the 2nd year. Now that Haywood is traded without bringing in a Jamal Crawford or someone else that could be a backup SG, look to see JR sign with the Cavs soon.

NYKnickFanatic
07-29-2015, 01:01 PM
He's still a free agent because he's looking at a paycut (and he doesn't want to play for anyone but the Cavs).

Instead of opting in and taking his 6 million, he opted out, hoping to get a bigger deal. It backfired.

I'd expect him back on a 2 year 10/11 million a year deal, or 2/12 million with a team option on the 2nd year. Now that Haywood is traded without bringing in a Jamal Crawford or someone else that could be a backup SG, look to see JR sign with the Cavs soon.

How false is that? You really think JR ONLY wants to play for the CAVS?!

IndyRealist
07-29-2015, 01:12 PM
I thought it was pretty obvious to even his supporters by now that he's unreliable. He's as streaky as they come and doesn't get to the line to compensate for when his shot isn't falling. If he would use his non-3pt shots to get to the rim and draw fouls, or just not take any non-3pt shots at all, he'd be a spectacular 3rd option because the 1st and 2nd options are Lebron James and Kyrie Irving. He shot a career low 0.7 free throw attempts per game last year, or 1.7 per 48 minutes played. He doesn't need to attack all the time, but when one of Irving or Lebron are on the bench he needs to switch to being a #2 instead of a #3 or #4. Every time JR Smith takes a mid range 2, it's a win for the defense.

Vee-Rex
07-29-2015, 01:16 PM
How false is that? You really think JR ONLY wants to play for the CAVS?!

Poor choice of words. He prefers to play with the Cavs. Better?

NYKnickFanatic
07-29-2015, 01:19 PM
JR as the man or a second option, no good. JR as a third, fourth or fifth option, amazing.

Love and Irving playing, JR is doing what he needs to do.

Love and Irving go down, JR has to step up and doesn't perform.

IndyRealist
07-29-2015, 01:46 PM
JR as the man or a second option, no good. JR as a third, fourth or fifth option, amazing.

Essentially, he's a 4th option player that everyone thinks has 2nd option ability. Usage doesn't scale.

Vee-Rex
07-29-2015, 02:13 PM

This x10

SportsFanatic10
07-29-2015, 02:28 PM
Smith opting out of 6m is probably the dumbest move by a player this offseason. He could of stayed with the Cavs and got paid well for another year. Then if he proved himself by having a better season, he'd be set to cash in next year when the real money is being thrown around to FAs.

I still think he'll end up back with the Cavs this year, but certainly at less than 6m...could work out good for them now that he's getting desperate lol.

prodigy
07-29-2015, 05:04 PM
AV
Thompson
Jefferson
JR Smith
Mo Williams
Delly
Jones
Maybe Ray Allen

Cavs are putting together a very good bench.

Tony_Starks
07-29-2015, 06:22 PM
According to him he got offers with the money he wants from other teams but prefers Cleveland.

He must have a really bad agent. All he had to do was ball out this year, take his 6milli, and someone would've cashed him out next summer.

Now its either take a paycut to get a bye to the Finals or get paid like he wants to be on a mediocre squad.

Arch Stanton
07-29-2015, 07:05 PM
I think he will be back with the CAVS. I know he struggled in the finals, but he was seen as a 2nd option with all the injuries. As a 4th/5th option he's great to have.

Blitzace137
07-29-2015, 07:17 PM
According to him he got offers with the money he wants from other teams but prefers Cleveland.

He must have a really bad agent. All he had to do was ball out this year, take his 6milli, and someone would've cashed him out next summer.

Now its either take a paycut to get a bye to the Finals or get paid like he wants to be on a mediocre squad.

He's represented by CAA, same as a lot of other big names. Like Melo, Wade, Bosh, Parker, KD and LeBron before hiring his new agent.

Tony_Starks
07-29-2015, 08:24 PM

He's represented by CAA, same as a lot of other big names. Like Melo, Wade, Bosh, Parker, KD and LeBron before hiring his new agent.

Lebrons been rolling with Rich Paul for a minute.

At any rate JR got some bad advice or was otherwise delusional about the pecking order in Cleveland when it came to role players. Delly played his tail off in the playoffs and got rewarded with a phat 1milli contract as his thank you.

If JR wants to stay on the all-star team its gonna cost.

AllBall
07-29-2015, 09:07 PM
Chances are that JR will still get paid big time. Players worse than JR got paid this offseason, so I can't expect otherwise.

Chrisclover
07-30-2015, 01:19 AM
awful player. should have opted in, got his money, then resigned next offseason. how stupid is he? dude always reverts to his mean, which is a below average volume chucker. His only value is to bring him off the bench, and hope that he plays well, so that if he doesn't, you can sit his ***. i want to see a team of.

jennings
jr
nick young
beasley
mcgee

the all- has the talent and body just not the head team.
Hey, NBA entertainment team.

slashsnake
07-30-2015, 01:36 AM
Chances are that JR will still get paid big time. Players worse than JR got paid this offseason, so I can't expect otherwise.

That's the problem... Who has the cap space to pay him? Teams went to everyone but JR to pay out big bucks. Who's left to pay? The Blazers already ended talks. So he has the 76ers who I don't think either side wants... his agent said he wants a winning team. So the Cavs are really the ONLY team there. Cavs could give him a raise, but why? Why push themselves up even higher into the luxury tax and bid on something no one else wants?

It isn't like they are bidding against anyone anymore. Poor post-season and a suspension during it really hurt his value if you ask me. He's still a headcase... Still erratic on both sides of the floor.

Kyben36
07-30-2015, 01:50 AM
Knicks gave up on iman shumpert, a solid player, to get rid of his ***. he is a headcase, bulls traded for him and didnt even let him come to the facility. soooooo im not sure where the question is.

GeronimoSon
07-30-2015, 08:24 AM
That's the problem... Who has the cap space to pay him? Teams went to everyone but JR to pay out big bucks. Who's left to pay? The Blazers already ended talks. So he has the 76ers who I don't think either side wants... his agent said he wants a winning team. So the Cavs are really the ONLY team there. Cavs could give him a raise, but why? Why push themselves up even higher into the luxury tax and bid on something no one else wants?

It isn't like they are bidding against anyone anymore. Poor post-season and a suspension during it really hurt his value if you ask me. He's still a headcase... Still erratic on both sides of the floor.

The luxury tax situation for the Cavs is pretty bad.. There was a story that claimed that for each $ 1 MM in salary the cavs take on at this point, the luxury tax will be $ 3.25 MM. *(E.G. $ 5 MM for JR adds $ 16.25 MM in luxury tax)..

Ends.. no one has ever confused JR with a stalwart defender.. but, he did show some interest in that end of the court during the season.. no doubt influenced by LeBron.. When the leader of a team makes it his mission to make everyone around him better.. even a "headcase" like JR heeds..

When he signs..he may be displeased with his salary..but will be more than thrilled with the team he's on.. and where JR's at in his career.. legacy becomes vastly more important than when he was 20 and bullet-proof..

Thoughts?..

colinskik
07-30-2015, 11:12 AM
The luxury tax situation for the Cavs is pretty bad.. There was a story that claimed that for each $ 1 MM in salary the cavs take on at this point, the luxury tax will be $ 3.25 MM. *(E.G. $ 5 MM for JR adds $ 16.25 MM in luxury tax)..

Ends.. no one has ever confused JR with a stalwart defender.. but, he did show some interest in that end of the court during the season.. no doubt influenced by LeBron.. When the leader of a team makes it his mission to make everyone around him better.. even a "headcase" like JR heeds..

When he signs..he may be displeased with his salary..but will be more than thrilled with the team he's on.. and where JR's at in his career.. legacy becomes vastly more important than when he was 20 and bullet-proof..

Thoughts?..

This is a false theory. JR is just so streaky that sometimes he looks like an all star and sometimes he needs to go to China.

MELO 15
07-30-2015, 11:54 AM
It's pretty certain that he's going to return to the Cavs.. He has been quoted saying that the best time of his life was the half season plus spent with Cleveland.. The signing should take place later this week, now that the Brendan Haywood contract/trade and Mathew Dellevadova deals have been completed..

For this reason, he hasn't really been around to visit other teams for the purpose of generating interest..

That money will be used to sign Tomstan, or however way you spell his name. JR saw his boy shump cash in, in the amount of 10 mil per. JR is looking for something along that.

AllBall
07-30-2015, 01:15 PM

If he does sign with the Cavs he can do a 1 year deal and cash in next off season, which is very likely barring any major injury.

Scoots
07-30-2015, 01:19 PM
How can anybody be surprised JR thinks a lot of himself? It's always been true.

That said I think the Cavs end up bringing in JR and TT for more than the Cavs wanted to pay and less than the players wanted to pay.

Hawkeye15
07-30-2015, 01:23 PM
chucker supreme just waiting out the Cavs roster situation, he will go back.

Arch Stanton
08-02-2015, 01:35 AM

Yep exactly this!

slashsnake
08-02-2015, 03:41 AM
This is a false theory. JR is just so streaky that sometimes he looks like an all star and sometimes he needs to go to China.

Agree... I see people saying he's a good 3-5 option... not a 2nd and I think that is somewhat true only because his role is reduced. He can go 0-5 as a #4 option and not kill a team. He's still a very bad #4 option in that game though.

In the end he held out for good money from a winning team. No good teams felt he was worth that...We've seen him for almost 10 years and not showing anything new. Still a bit of a headcase (losing his cool in the playoffs) and still a really streaky guy on both ends of the floor (saw all year).

Minimal
08-02-2015, 10:52 AM
If he wasn't picked up by any other team by now, that means he is staying with the cavs.

nyknicks1969
08-02-2015, 12:13 PM
So happy for JR. Got what he deserved.

JEDean89
08-03-2015, 12:16 PM
Smith is crazy if he thinks he is getting Shumps money. I don't know why Cleveland gave him 10 a year, he is worth maybe 5 under the new CBA. Who the heck were they bidding against?

WITZ
08-03-2015, 02:18 PM
Smith is crazy if he thinks he is getting Shumps money. I don't know why Cleveland gave him 10 a year, he is worth maybe 5 under the new CBA. Who the heck were they bidding against?
Lakers were one of the teams I remember who wanted Shumps service & he turned down more money to stay on a title contender so i say they did pretty well on his deal considering he is still a young guy.

Arch Stanton
08-06-2015, 12:43 AM

A 3 and D player at 10 million a year, with a rising cap and an owner willing to spend. Not a bad investment for the CAVS.

D-Leethal
08-06-2015, 01:34 PM
A 3 and D player at 10 million a year, with a rising cap and an owner willing to spend. Not a bad investment for the CAVS.

They had to resign him once they traded for him, but 3 and D players usually snipe it from 3. Shump is erratic as hell from deep and has the worst off the dribble game of any guard in the league. He is overpaid at 10M under any cap, but CLE is all in, it made sense to keep him from fielding offers.

Vee-Rex
08-06-2015, 02:04 PM
They had to resign him once they traded for him, but 3 and D players usually snipe it from 3. Shump is erratic as hell from deep and has the worst off the dribble game of any guard in the league. He is overpaid at 10M under any cap, but CLE is all in, it made sense to keep him from fielding offers.

He's not as bad as you would think. He's not a sniper from 3, but he's reliable. He shot better than Draymond Green did from long range (especially in the playoffs).

In the 2014-15 NBA season, Iman Shumpert shot 34% from 3, but shot 39% from 3 on catch and shoot.

Iman also shot 50% on pull-up jump shots (off the dribble) all of last year.

His perimeter defense is easily top 10 of every guard in the league. If this type of player isn't worth 10 mil in the inflated cap I don't know who is.

When injuries force him to try to take on a bigger load (similar to JR), his efficiency decreases.

Kashmir13579
08-08-2015, 09:02 PM
Couldn't have happened to a better guy!

Munkeysuit
08-08-2015, 09:46 PM
He'll be signed by the Cavs very soon, the wait is mostly because he opted out after a terrible Finals performance and the Cavs are using that to gain some ground (in their favor) on his new contract.

beasted86
08-09-2015, 10:29 AM
He's not as bad as you would think. He's not a sniper from 3, but he's reliable. He shot better than Draymond Green did from long range (especially in the playoffs).

In the 2014-15 NBA season, Iman Shumpert shot 34% from 3, but shot 39% from 3 on catch and shoot.

Iman also shot 50% on pull-up jump shots (off the dribble) all of last year.

His perimeter defense is easily top 10 of every guard in the league. If this type of player isn't worth 10 mil in the inflated cap I don't know who is.

When injuries force him to try to take on a bigger load (similar to JR), his efficiency decreases.
Your outlook is predictable. I'm not going to say there's anything wrong with it. I expect all fans to take the optimistic and positive approach on players who play on their favorite team.

But stepping outside yourself as a Cavs fan, you realize Shumpert is in the bottom 10 (not debatable) of starting shooting guards, but is paid in the top 10-12 (without looking it up, seems that way) of the position simultaneously. These are the facts of his impact:contract ratio.

He's like an all around worse version of Avery Bradley, but is getting paid 2-3 mil more per season one summer later "just because".

PhillyFaninLA
08-09-2015, 11:21 AM
JR wants to get to paid much more than he is worth...no contender should want him, he only has value to them on days he feels like trying or days he is hot.....no bad team should want him because he only takes minutes from young players and doesn't help you grow as a franchise......teams in the middle ( projected playoff seeds 5 - 8) should consider him for mid level exception dollars or vet minimum dollars only with the understanding he will be your 7th or 8th man.

He wants to be be paid like a superstar and play starter minutes and that is not what he is, should be, or where you can get any value from him.

nycericanguy
08-09-2015, 11:30 AM

Shump isn't really 3 & D though, he's 34% from 3 for his career, that's actually below even the NBA average of about 35-36%. Add to that he only makes 1 three per game, so he really just hits an occasional 3 here and there... compared to a guy like Danny Green who made 2.4 per game and shot 42%, or Carroll 1.7 per game at 40%...

And his D can be solid but definitely erratic at times.

Surprising to see JR & Triston both unsigned this late... JR makes dumb decisions off the court as well I see...

Animosity
08-09-2015, 11:32 AM
His Agent should be beaten he could have finished out his contract and signed a new one under the next salary cap jump and possibly had a better deal. Now he is at the mercy of the teams instead of having a bit more control later on.

PhillyFaninLA
08-09-2015, 11:37 AM
His Agent should be beaten he could have finished out his contract and signed a new one under the next salary cap jump and possibly had a better deal. Now he is at the mercy of the teams instead of having a bit more control later on.

First, classy move suggesting assault.

Second we don't know the agent didn't say (behind closed doors) that you need to not opt out....the agent is ultimately at the service of the player and if the player is being unrealistic then not much the agent can do.

Vee-Rex
08-09-2015, 12:05 PM
Your outlook is predictable. I'm not going to say there's anything wrong with it. I expect all fans to take the optimistic and positive approach on players who play on their favorite team.

But stepping outside yourself as a Cavs fan, you realize Shumpert is in the bottom 10 (not debatable) of starting shooting guards, but is paid in the top 10-12 (without looking it up, seems that way) of the position simultaneously. These are the facts of his impact:contract ratio.

He's like an all around worse version of Avery Bradley, but is getting paid 2-3 mil more per season one summer later "just because".

Cavs don't need a top 10 SG on their team. IDC if he's bottom 10 or whatever you want to call him, he's what we need. His defense is invaluable and his ability to hit the 3pt shot is a plus.

His defense is better than AB's IMO, simply because he can guard small and bigger players. AB can only guard small ones. I watched AB's defense during that Cavs/Celtics first round and it really left me disappointed (I followed him since he joined the NBA).

Vee-Rex
08-09-2015, 12:06 PM
Shump isn't really 3 & D though, he's 34% from 3 for his career, that's actually below even the NBA average of about 35-36%. Add to that he only makes 1 three per game, so he really just hits an occasional 3 here and there... compared to a guy like Danny Green who made 2.4 per game and shot 42%, or Carroll 1.7 per game at 40%...

And his D can be solid but definitely erratic at times.

Surprising to see JR & Triston both unsigned this late... JR makes dumb decisions off the court as well I see...

Shumpert's D is severely underrated on this site.

Hell, everyone even completely forgot about Tony Allen until the playoffs against GS.

nycericanguy
08-09-2015, 12:42 PM
Shumpert's D is severely underrated on this site.

Hell, everyone even completely forgot about Tony Allen until the playoffs against GS.

He's a gifted defender, but he's not the smartest defender is what I'm saying.

Either way he's not a 3 & D player was my point because he's low volume and below league average from 3.

Vee-Rex
08-09-2015, 01:32 PM
He shoots 39% from spot up shooting. That's typically what you want for your 5th or 6th option, as well as when you're playing alongside LBJ who makes it his job to find open shooters.

Whether you feel he's unworthy of being labeled a '3 & D' player is irrelevant. His defense is far above average in the league and he'll hit the assisted 3pt shot reliably at nearly a 40% clip. On a championship contender with 509843204328 options before him, that's all that really matters. He doesn't have to be a Larry Bird behind the arc.

beasted86
08-09-2015, 01:34 PM
Cavs don't need a top 10 SG on their team. IDC if he's bottom 10 or whatever you want to call him, he's what we need. His defense is invaluable and his ability to hit the 3pt shot is a plus.

His defense is better than AB's IMO, simply because he can guard small and bigger players. AB can only guard small ones. I watched AB's defense during that Cavs/Celtics first round and it really left me disappointed (I followed him since he joined the NBA).

Watching Bradley without one... I mean this seriously... Not one good front court defender on the Celtics it's different than watching him thrive with a good defensive team.

Bradley has proven himself as a much more harassing defender than Shumpert, and his all around game is better. Better shooter, better ball handler, overall much more consistent, and yet he will be making less than Shumpert. That was my reason for bringing him up mainly.

My discussion about Shumpert's impact wasn't to discredit him as a solid fit for the Cavs, but more to discredit you speaking to his value being worth his contract. You can let your bias cloud you, as I said, its expected of fans of the team, but elsewhere among fans in an honest assessment, he is very much overpaid and its a bad contract.

Vee-Rex
08-09-2015, 01:39 PM
Watching Bradley without one... I mean this seriously... Not one good front court defender on the Celtics it's different than watching him thrive with a good defensive team.

Bradley has proven himself as a much more harassing defender than Shumpert, and his all around game is better. Better shooter, better ball handler, overall much more consistent, and yet he will be making less than Shumpert. That was my reason for bringing him up mainly.

My discussion about Shumpert's impact wasn't to discredit him as a solid fit for the Cavs, but more to discredit you speaking to his value being worth his contract. You can let your bias cloud you, as I said, its expected of fans of the team, but elsewhere among fans in an honest assessment, he is very much overpaid and its a bad contract.

A player's value is relative to the team. I feel Shumpert is young and is worth 10 million in a rising cap.

He's worth 10 million wayyy more than an old, hobbled Wade is worth 20 million, that's for sure. But how many Heat fans do you think will say Wade is overpaid? Relativity, dude.

But no, continue trying to spin me as just being biased because you have no argument to stand on. Check out my opinions on TT and the ludicrous contract he's trying to get.

beasted86
08-09-2015, 01:43 PM
A player's value is relative to the team. I feel Shumpert is young and is worth 10 million in a rising cap.

He's worth 10 million wayyy more than an old, hobbled Wade is worth 20 million, that's for sure. But how many Heat fans do you think will say Wade is overpaid? Relativity, dude.

But no, continue trying to spin me as just being biased because you have no argument to stand on. Check out my opinions on TT and the ludicrous contract he's trying to get.
Wade is overpaid based off of loyalty and for one season.

Cavs held no reason for loyalty to Shumpert, bid against themselves seeing as he was restricted, and furthermore overpaid him for the next 4 years. Cap jump be damned.

And no, potentially losing your first option it's not less worthy of an overpay than losing your 509843204328th option, genius.

beasted86
08-09-2015, 01:48 PM
Hey, but who am I to tell you otherwise? If you low IQ Cavs fans think it's a good contract to overpay Thompson, Shumpert, Varejao, and others so be it.

I wonder when déjàvu will kick in and realize... 'damn, we have a lot of overpaid garbage like Shaq, Jamison, Szczerbiak, and that's why we can't build a better team around LeBron'.

Sooner than you think.

nycericanguy
08-09-2015, 01:57 PM
He shoots 39% from spot up shooting. That's typically what you want for your 5th or 6th option, as well as when you're playing alongside LBJ who makes it his job to find open shooters.

Whether you feel he's unworthy of being labeled a '3 & D' player is irrelevant. His defense is far above average in the league and he'll hit the assisted 3pt shot reliably at nearly a 40% clip. On a championship contender with 509843204328 options before him, that's all that really matters. He doesn't have to be a Larry Bird behind the arc.

if you want to cherry pick stats fine... I like Shump, but he hasnt been a good or even average NBA 3 pt shooter... of course his % will be higher on spot up shooting...thats an easier shot...lol. just about everyone is better at spot up shooting.

No one said he had to be Bird... how about average?

tr3ymill3r
08-09-2015, 02:33 PM
It's really pretty simple. Aint nobody got time for that.

WITZ
08-09-2015, 02:39 PM
Wade is overpaid based off of loyalty and for one season.

Cavs held no reason for loyalty to Shumpert, bid against themselves seeing as he was restricted, and furthermore overpaid him for the next 4 years. Cap jump be damned.

And no, potentially losing your first option it's not less worthy of an overpay than losing your 509843204328th option, genius.

Considering he turned down more money to stay on a cavs because he wants a shot at a title ,not sure how anyone can say they bid against themselves.

beasted86
08-09-2015, 02:54 PM
Considering he turned down more money to stay on a cavs because he wants a shot at a title ,not sure how anyone can say they bid against themselves.

You're right. I forgot the time that he signed that max offer sheet but the Cavs matched. There were a lot of teams who valued him much higher than $44M.

FlashBolt
08-09-2015, 03:04 PM
Hey, but who am I to tell you otherwise? If you low IQ Cavs fans think it's a good contract to overpay Thompson, Shumpert, Varejao, and others so be it.

I wonder when déjàvu will kick in and realize... 'damn, we have a lot of overpaid garbage like Shaq, Jamison, Szczerbiak, and that's why we can't build a better team around LeBron'.

Sooner than you think.

What the hell is wrong with you bashing Cavs fans for no reason? The fact is, Miami Heat fans shouldn't be talking about overpaid players on other teams. Wade is OVERPAID. I don't care about that loyalty crap because that doesn't neglect the meaning of overpaid. Speaking of overpaid, how is Chris Bosh for ya? This guy is top five in the overpaid category. And I highly disagree with Shumpert being overpaid. He showed great defense and you probably don't know this but he was injured for a good part of the playoffs. Varejao is not overpaid. The only reason I would not pay him that much is because he is prone to injury but for $10,000,000, he can be a huge boost. Varejao+Mosgov+Love+Thompson on the frontcourt is dangerous against any team. Please don't talk about overpaid when you just admitted that your franchise pays for "loyalty." That is as overpaid as can be.

WITZ
08-09-2015, 04:04 PM
You're right. I forgot the time that he signed that max offer sheet but the Cavs matched. There were a lot of teams who valued him much higher than $44M.

Are we talking about the same person..in Shump right lol his deal is 40 Mil and he actually never signed a max offer sheet with anyone else because he was set on returning just wanted what he felt was a fair deal from the cavs.

Vee-Rex
08-09-2015, 04:24 PM
if you want to cherry pick stats fine... I like Shump, but he hasnt been a good or even average NBA 3 pt shooter... of course his % will be higher on spot up shooting...thats an easier shot...lol. just about everyone is better at spot up shooting.

No one said he had to be Bird... how about average?

He shoots 34% and the NBA average is 35%. Big whoopdee doo. He doesn't take a high volume of shots so I'm perfectly ok with him shooting 34% vs 35%.

Vee-Rex
08-09-2015, 04:28 PM

Sooner than you think.

So many shots at me being a CAVS fan. U MAD?

Bitter heat fan is hypocritical and bitter. I'm done talking about it if you're gonna continue to sling insults lol.

edit: To everyone else, I severely disagree with Thompson's contract demands, as well as the Varejao extension.

WITZ
08-09-2015, 05:09 PM

Bitter heat fan is hypocritical and bitter. I'm done talking about it if you're gonna continue to sling insults lol.

edit: To everyone else, I severely disagree with Thompson's contract demands, as well as the Varejao extension.

Exactly ,what other options do they have either pay a young improving player or let him walk still have no capspace and sign a stop gap vet player.Yeah Andys contract is **** but at least next is essentially his last since it has an option year 3 which will for sure get turned down. This dude saying its déjàvu is hilarious because those previous cavs team never had 1 player let alone 2 even close to Kyrie or Loves skill level.

beasted86
08-09-2015, 10:14 PM
Are we talking about the same person..in Shump right lol his deal is 40 Mil and he actually never signed a max offer sheet with anyone else because he was set on returning just wanted what he felt was a fair deal from the cavs.

It's called sarcasm. It's something that flies over your head like a kite.

beasted86
08-09-2015, 10:21 PM

You're right. I'm bitter that your team is winning championships while mine isn't.

You're also right that Shumpert the 509843204328th option is more valuable to your team than Wade is to the HEAT. There's no way that Wade provides less than double the impact to Shumpert. I mean Shumpert > Wade all 8 days of the week. And it's not like Shumpert is injury prone. He's played 82 games every single year in the league.

Rethinking it, his contract is a bargain. They should arrest David Griffin and LeBron James as the GMs of the Cavs for grand larceny. That's how much of a steal he is.

Scoots
08-09-2015, 11:10 PM
If the Cavs get Crawford where could JR Smith go?

ROY 2 MVP Braun
08-10-2015, 12:21 AM
If the Cavs get Crawford where could JR Smith go?
Can they afford him? Who would they trade for him?

WITZ
08-10-2015, 12:40 AM
Can they afford him? Who would they trade for him?

Trade Exceptions could cover his salary ,but want no part his numbers where ugly last year and even worse in the playoffs.

FlashBolt
08-10-2015, 01:05 AM
You're right. I'm bitter that your team is winning championships while mine isn't.

You're also right that Shumpert the 509843204328th option is more valuable to your team than Wade is to the HEAT. There's no way that Wade provides less than double the impact to Shumpert. I mean Shumpert > Wade all 8 days of the week. And it's not like Shumpert is injury prone. He's played 82 games every single year in the league.

Rethinking it, his contract is a bargain. They should arrest David Griffin and LeBron James as the GMs of the Cavs for grand larceny. That's how much of a steal he is.

Your team won championships because of LeBron; not because of Wade/Bosh.

beasted86
08-10-2015, 12:25 PM
Your team won championships because of LeBron; not because of Wade/Bosh.

The HEAT win championships because of Pat Riley and Micky Arison and them regularly making smart decisions on free agent flexibility drafting and contracts. It's why in 20 years they've missed the playoffs 4 times (including last year) and they don't have playoff droughts for a decade with the longest being only two consecutive years. They been to the conference finals 7 times running this team in those 20 years.

They don't achieve success overpaying fringe starters like Shumpert or throwing their hands on their heads hoping a player wants to play in his hometown.

Vee-Rex
08-10-2015, 12:26 PM

I'm not trying to turn this into a CAVS vs. heat thing. You're the one attacking me and everything just because I don't feel Shumpert was overpaid. If you ask me how I feel about many NBA contracts you'll see that my opinion is pretty consistent with how I feel on a player's value, not necessarily because of what team they play for. Naturally, I will probably value Shumpert more than the non-CAVS fan will.

I brought up Wade to illustrate that non-heat fans will value him lower than heat fans. It has nothing to do with me comparing Shumpert with Wade.

I always thought you were one of the heat fans that weren't ridiculously jealous/full of hatred against CAVS fans but I guess you're proving otherwise.

Vee-Rex
08-10-2015, 12:32 PM
The HEAT win championships because of Pat Riley and Micky Arison and them regularly making smart decisions on free agent flexibility drafting and contracts. It's why in 20 years they've missed the playoffs 4 times (including last year) and they don't have playoff droughts for a decade with the longest being only two consecutive years. They been to the conference finals 7 times running this team in those 20 years.

They don't achieve success overpaying fringe starters like Shumpert or throwing their hands on their heads hoping a player wants to play in his hometown.

Ok, let's turn it up then since that's what you want.

The Celtics franchise and history > heat franchise and history.

You can always find someone better, so you going on this wild agenda on comparing the heat franchise with the CAVS just makes you look pathetic.

We get it. We all know the heat have a better franchise history than the CAVS. But I don't care, I was born in C-town and I will rep my team. Same as I'm repping the Browns constantly in the nfl forums but no one will ever notice until the one day the Browns are a contender, then everyone will be like, 'WARE WER U WEN DAY WER BAAD??'

I don't need success for my loyalty. If the heat franchise was inept like the CAVS have been all these years there would probably be none of you on this site.

beasted86
08-10-2015, 01:30 PM
You can be a loyal fan without licking your lips and wagging your tail like a puppy thinking everything is all good and pretending all the decisions your team makes are great.

Only reason this ever became a HEAT vs. Cavs thing is because you in turn made it about that bringing up Wade and his contract and the HEAT decision making vs Cavs decision making.

The track record of both teams speak for themselves, I don't even really need to stoop to that debate, even though I did. Both short term and long term success speaks for itself, even far more telling in the short term being that they've even had the same superstar.

Back to the loyalty and decision making aspect though, keeping this on topic. It's kind of like the Sixers fans. They took a risk on an injured Center in Bynum, it blew up in their face in an astonishing fashion. They then decided we need to make the team terrible and tank for the foreseeable future. They then proceed to make another risk on an injured Center, its seemingly blowing up in their face and there are still a couple Sixers fans wagging their tails and rationalizing the bad decisions of the front office as good ones.

I don't care if you are a biased fan and want to believe the decisions your team makes are all great ones, as I've repeatedly said, its expected. But don't try and brainwash outsiders and rationalize bad contracts when there are plenty off examples of better players signing for a lot less. Don't expect me to plunge my head in the sand next to you.

WITZ
08-10-2015, 02:19 PM
You can be a loyal fan without licking your lips and wagging your tail like a puppy thinking everything is all good and pretending all the decisions your team makes are great.

Only reason this ever became a HEAT vs. Cavs thing is because you in turn made it about that bringing up Wade and his contract and the HEAT decision making vs Cavs decision making.

The track record of both teams speak for themselves, I don't even really need to stoop to that debate, even though I did. Both short term and long term success speaks for itself, even far more telling in the short term being that they've even had the same superstar.

Back to the loyalty and decision making aspect though, keeping this on topic. It's kind of like the Sixers fans. They took a risk on an injured Center in Bynum, it blew up in their face in an astonishing fashion. They then decided we need to make the team terrible and tank for the foreseeable future. They then proceed to make another risk on an injured Center, its seemingly blowing up in their face and there are still a couple Sixers fans wagging their tails and rationalizing the bad decisions of the front office as good ones.

I don't care if you are a biased fan and want to believe the decisions your team makes are all great ones, as I've repeatedly said, its expected. But don't try and brainwash outsiders and rationalize bad contracts when there are plenty off examples of better players signing for a lot less. Don't expect me to plunge my head in the sand next to you.

Calling the bluff list them off if there are plenty. When Corey Josephs of the world are pulling in 7 Million this offseason i find your statement hard to believe.

FlashBolt
08-10-2015, 04:19 PM

Please answer the question and stop adding information that has nothing to do with it. Your team went from the 2nd best to not even the 20th best. Your team went from being on every ESPN article, to being forgotten. Wade/Bosh were under-performers during those championship runs and they were useless vs the Spurs. So cut the garbage, you and I both know that LeBron was the only reason you won those rings; not because of Wade/Bosh -- who no one cares about anymore since James left. Heck, Kyrie+Love got more recognition than Wade/Bosh.

Vee-Rex
08-10-2015, 04:22 PM
Calling the bluff list them off if there are plenty. When Corey Josephs of the world are pulling in 7 Million this offseason i find your statement hard to believe.

This.

I'm calling your bluff too. And don't say David West, that was the exception.

I did not start any kind of CAVS vs heat, you did. I brought up Wade's contract as a point to counter you.

Also, beasted86, you keep claiming that I'm supporting any and all contracts from my team. Point to ONE POST that I made in support of Tristan Thompson's contract demands or Anderson Varejao's (which wasn't even this year). Or Delly. Or anyone else.

You can check the Cavs forum and see my opinions on how his demands of Draymond Green money is ludicrous.

You're just making up crap because you're a bitter Heat fan. Dude, just stop posting.

FlashBolt
08-10-2015, 04:31 PM
Just ignore Beasted86. He doesn't understand the definition of overpaid (Bosh/Wade) and forgets that Miami panicked and paid Chris Bosh so much money that would make Michael Jordan jealous. How did a scrub who consistently gets beaten by legitimate frontcourt opposition (David West, Hibbert, Duncan, KG) get $22 million and an aging player who takes 33% of the season off and was outplayed by Manu Ginobili in the NBA Finals get $20 million? Just so you know, paying a player because of their "loyalty" constitutes as OVERPAID.

beasted86
08-10-2015, 07:25 PM
Here's the difference. I already said Wade was overpaid. On the other hand you guys think Shumpert's contract is great.

It's no wonder your collective teams haven't won anything when GMs continue to make bad signings and the fans are happy with those moves.

Anyway, I only countered the idea of comparing the two overpays that Shumpert's is a "better overpay" GTFOH.
Re:
He's worth 10 million wayyy more than an old, hobbled Wade is worth 20 million, that's for sure. But how many Heat fans do you think will say Wade is overpaid?

Neither are worth their contract. Wade was very solid value at $15M, now he's overpaid. Nonetheless, if you are forcing me to abide by the idea that Shumpert is supposedly worth his $10M contract, then I contend that Wade provides double the impact to Shumpert so he is worth double whatever he got. Especially considering it's 1 year versus 4. I wasn't trying to defend anything. Wade's deal is kinda bad, but Shumpert's is downright disgusting and only trails Carroll for worst contract of the summer.

But as I said keep lapping up these dumb decisions like little pups thinking your team is doing good. But just don't turn around mad when you have Ben Wallace, Wally Szczerbiak, Ilgauskas, Jamison type contracts all making double digits and your team is cap locked from improving.

FlashBolt
08-10-2015, 09:55 PM
Here's the difference. I already said Wade was overpaid. On the other hand you guys think Shumpert's contract is great.

It's no wonder your collective teams haven't won anything when GMs continue to make bad signings and the fans are happy with those moves.

Anyway, I only countered the idea of comparing the two overpays that Shumpert's is a "better overpay" GTFOH.
Re:

Neither are worth their contract. Wade was very solid value at $15M, now he's overpaid. Nonetheless, if you are forcing me to abide by the idea that Shumpert is supposedly worth his $10M contract, then I contend that Wade provides double the impact to Shumpert so he is worth double whatever he got. Especially considering it's 1 year versus 4. I wasn't trying to defend anything. Wade's deal is kinda bad, but Shumpert's is downright disgusting and only trails Carroll for worst contract of the summer.

But as I said keep lapping up these dumb decisions like little pups thinking your team is doing good. But just don't turn around mad when you have Ben Wallace, Wally Szczerbiak, Ilgauskas, Jamison type contracts all making double digits and your team is cap locked from improving.

You guys won because of LeBron. He makes any team tenfold better. So keep avoiding the obvious that the Miami Heat are irrelevant.. because they are. All this noise about this season and they will be exposed once again when their health hits them again and when Bosh continues getting destroyed by frontcourt players daily.

beasted86
08-10-2015, 11:33 PM
You guys won because of LeBron. He makes any team tenfold better. So keep avoiding the obvious that the Miami Heat are irrelevant.. because they are. All this noise about this season and they will be exposed once again when their health hits them again and when Bosh continues getting destroyed by frontcourt players daily.

The HEAT won a championship before LeBron.

Also you keep talking about LeBron as the sole reason... then why hasn't he won anything in 8 other seasons playing on other teams? Miami made LeBron a winner, not the other way around.

Finally, wtf are you talking about 'noise about this season'? Seriously I'd like you to quote this 'noise' and get back to me with that. Matter of fact, scratch that. Go buy a newspaper, turn to the classifieds, and see if anyone is willing to sell you a clue. You have no idea what the hell you're talking about. I've wasted my time. Out.

FlashBolt
08-11-2015, 02:41 AM
The HEAT won a championship before LeBron.

Also you keep talking about LeBron as the sole reason... then why hasn't he won anything in 8 other seasons playing on other teams? Miami made LeBron a winner, not the other way around.

Finally, wtf are you talking about 'noise about this season'? Seriously I'd like you to quote this 'noise' and get back to me with that. Matter of fact, scratch that. Go buy a newspaper, turn to the classifieds, and see if anyone is willing to sell you a clue. You have no idea what the hell you're talking about. I've wasted my time. Out.

1) I never said you didn't need a team. Clearly that Heat team was better than any other team he had before. My point is that your team ran on LeBron James. Where he went, you guys went. How many times have you heard "This team will only go as far as LeBron James takes them"? Because it was that obvious.

2) You won a championship nearly a decade ago and became irrelevant after Wade was by himself all alone. Face facts, you guys weren't contending anything after that... Until!

3) LeBron shows up, becomes the 2x MVP for your team posting two of the best seasons in NBA history, two of the best back-back seasons for any NBA player (winning 2x MVP, 2x FMVP, Olympics, 2nd in DPOY), while Wade was busy rehabbing his knee and Bosh has always been just a good player. How many wins did Bosh get in the playoffs before Miami? Three. People want to talk about Bosh making that rebound and passing it to Ray Allen. Newsflash: He was getting destroyed by Tim Duncan the entire series. It was on him to play better and make plays; especially when that rebound occurred after Duncan was benched.

4) This noise when they said Miami will compete vs the Cavs. They won't and here's why: More injuries will come along, Dragic is overrated, and Spoelstra will show you once again why he will forever miss LeBron. Miami isn't a contender. They didn't even make the playoffs last season with a crappy EC and against teams that were tanking.

So you can stop with your silly newspaper gibberish and actually learn to post facts. You insult other teams like a child but forget that a top ten NBA player and a lock for top five if his career progresses, played for your damn team.

beasted86
08-12-2015, 01:27 PM
1) I never said you didn't need a team. Clearly that Heat team was better than any other team he had before. My point is that your team ran on LeBron James. Where he went, you guys went. How many times have you heard "This team will only go as far as LeBron James takes them"? Because it was that obvious.

2) You won a championship nearly a decade ago and became irrelevant after Wade was by himself all alone. Face facts, you guys weren't contending anything after that... Until!

3) LeBron shows up, becomes the 2x MVP for your team posting two of the best seasons in NBA history, two of the best back-back seasons for any NBA player (winning 2x MVP, 2x FMVP, Olympics, 2nd in DPOY), while Wade was busy rehabbing his knee and Bosh has always been just a good player. How many wins did Bosh get in the playoffs before Miami? Three. People want to talk about Bosh making that rebound and passing it to Ray Allen. Newsflash: He was getting destroyed by Tim Duncan the entire series. It was on him to play better and make plays; especially when that rebound occurred after Duncan was benched.

4) This noise when they said Miami will compete vs the Cavs. They won't and here's why: More injuries will come along, Dragic is overrated, and Spoelstra will show you once again why he will forever miss LeBron. Miami isn't a contender. They didn't even make the playoffs last season with a crappy EC and against teams that were tanking.

So you can stop with your silly newspaper gibberish and actually learn to post facts. You insult other teams like a child but forget that a top ten NBA player and a lock for top five if his career progresses, played for your damn team.

Wow, you really are one of the most inept posters around here.

Your premise is so foolish it's hurting my head to think about the point you're supposedly making.

So the Bulls won all of their championships with one player, arguably the best player of all time, and because of this fact, they are an irrelevant franchise? Because their team fell off the map and hasn't done anything since their championships or overall success doesn't count? That's the thoroughly inept suggestion you're making using an analogous situation.

Riley cleared cap space with the intention of adding the best player in the NBA, he gets said player, but his team and franchise and concurrent success mean nothing because he got the best player. A franchise isn't allowed to transition from contender to contender... nope. You suck if you can't win the championship every year. Retooling is for irrelevant franchise. The HEAT can't try and get back into the playoffs and build back the winning culture because they are a fraudulent illusion of success.

Wow. Guy... I know this is soooo cliche, but dude, you're a hater. Get a life guy. I'm really done here with this discussion.

Vee-Rex
08-12-2015, 02:38 PM

Re:

LOL difference is our contract to Shumpert was a glue piece. We've already got our main pieces signed to contend for the next 5 years (LBJ will sign max next year).

Wade is a hobbled, broken down player that can't be the number one option anymore. Signing him to 20 million won't do anything - heat have high hopes but a very low floor as well. You guys might miss the playoffs yet again next year.

In fact, the heat aren't truly contending for probably the next decade. So overpaying Wade is even more stupid than the Shumpert signing which helps solidify the contending core of the CAVS for the next 4 years of his contract.

Vee-Rex
08-12-2015, 02:40 PM
Wow, you really are one of the most inept posters around here.

Your premise is so foolish it's hurting my head to think about the point you're supposedly making.

So the Bulls won all of their championships with one player, arguably the best player of all time, and because of this fact, they are an irrelevant franchise? Because their team fell off the map and hasn't done anything since their championships or overall success doesn't count? That's the thoroughly inept suggestion you're making using an analogous situation.

Riley cleared cap space with the intention of adding the best player in the NBA, he gets said player, but his team and franchise and concurrent success mean nothing because he got the best player. A franchise isn't allowed to transition from contender to contender... nope. You suck if you can't win the championship every year. Retooling is for irrelevant franchise. The HEAT can't try and get back into the playoffs and build back the winning culture because they are a fraudulent illusion of success.

Wow. Guy... I know this is soooo cliche, but dude, you're a hater. Get a life guy. I'm really done here with this discussion.

LOL you're done with the discussion yet you're the one starting with insults and acting 'high n mighty'? What a lame.

Vee-Rex
08-12-2015, 02:49 PM
And to add to my point. Wade is old and on the decline. Last year he nearly matched the worst shooting percentage of his career.

I predict Bosh averages 20 and 9 on 45% shooting, Wade 20 and 5 on 45% shooting and 45 games played.

heat miss the playoffs, CAVS win the finals, heat fans cry and remind everyone that they won rings and are a better franchise

beasted86
08-12-2015, 03:31 PM
And to add to my point. Wade is old and on the decline. Last year he nearly matched the worst shooting percentage of his career.

I predict Bosh averages 20 and 9 on 45% shooting, Wade 20 and 5 on 45% shooting and 45 games played.

heat miss the playoffs, CAVS win the finals, heat fans cry and remind everyone that they won rings and are a better franchise

Your post is laughable and speaks enough of your persistent butt hurt. You got LeBron back now, you should be happy. Instead you're still worrying about the HEAT and focused on teams behind you in the standings.

Of course Wade is old and on the decline. What 33 year old is considered young and on the come up? How many 33+ year old players are more impactful? Um...

Wade is a good player, no longer a superstar though he will be paid like one next year. Him opting out of $22M and signing for what he did last year left cap space enough to sign our starting SF Deng. If management wants to repay that act by giving him a $5M raise this year, more power to them. That decision doesn't whatsoever affect any of the long term ability to build the team or retool or move contracts. That's simply more taxes on Arison, that's it.

You lock Shumpert into a terrible long term deal, that becomes an albatross. Nobody's going to want to touch that contract a year from now when he continues to play at such a frustrating inconsistent level. He stopped improving 2 years ago. It's downhill from here as he continues to get injured every year and get complacent now that he's paid.

What happens if Miami makes the playoffs next year? What happens if Cleveland doesn't win? Do I win a cookie? Are we going to make one of those cliche and pointless "sig bets"?

I don't care at all how successful or unsuccessful any team is other than the HEAT. The fact you're making predictions unprovoked when I never mentioned anywhere how far the HEAT will go or what the Cavs will do speaks volumes how butt hurt you are.

Both you and Flash need to program this number into your phones: 1-800-HURT-123 and reach the Hurt-Butt hotline. There is a representative standing by to take your call. Don't wait, pick up the phone and dial.

We have representatives ready to help you through your tough memories of "The Decision" or the painful sight of Mike Miller raining 3s in Game 6. These things happened years ago, you both should be over them and focused on CLE and OKC, not Miami.

Vee-Rex
08-12-2015, 05:04 PM
:laugh:

You're trying too hard.

Still waiting to hear this list of players are who much better than Shumpert that signed for less money.

Vinylman
08-12-2015, 05:27 PM
cleveland fans are hilarious... competing for a chip for 5 more years...

truly ****ing laughable

Silent
08-12-2015, 05:59 PM

You really think u can beat the Spurs or GS

Vee-Rex
08-13-2015, 11:43 AM
cleveland fans are hilarious... competing for a chip for 5 more years...

truly ****ing laughable

If LBJ signs with us next year why not? Serious question, btw.

You really think u can beat the Spurs or GS

If healthy we have a chance, sure. You think it's impossible?

FlashBolt
08-15-2015, 02:42 AM
Your post is laughable and speaks enough of your persistent butt hurt. You got LeBron back now, you should be happy. Instead you're still worrying about the HEAT and focused on teams behind you in the standings.

Of course Wade is old and on the decline. What 33 year old is considered young and on the come up? How many 33+ year old players are more impactful? Um...

Wade is a good player, no longer a superstar though he will be paid like one next year. Him opting out of $22M and signing for what he did last year left cap space enough to sign our starting SF Deng. If management wants to repay that act by giving him a $5M raise this year, more power to them. That decision doesn't whatsoever affect any of the long term ability to build the team or retool or move contracts. That's simply more taxes on Arison, that's it.

You lock Shumpert into a terrible long term deal, that becomes an albatross. Nobody's going to want to touch that contract a year from now when he continues to play at such a frustrating inconsistent level. He stopped improving 2 years ago. It's downhill from here as he continues to get injured every year and get complacent now that he's paid.

What happens if Miami makes the playoffs next year? What happens if Cleveland doesn't win? Do I win a cookie? Are we going to make one of those cliche and pointless "sig bets"?

I don't care at all how successful or unsuccessful any team is other than the HEAT. The fact you're making predictions unprovoked when I never mentioned anywhere how far the HEAT will go or what the Cavs will do speaks volumes how butt hurt you are.

Both you and Flash need to program this number into your phones: 1-800-HURT-123 and reach the Hurt-Butt hotline. There is a representative standing by to take your call. Don't wait, pick up the phone and dial.

We have representatives ready to help you through your tough memories of "The Decision" or the painful sight of Mike Miller raining 3s in Game 6. These things happened years ago, you both should be over them and focused on CLE and OKC, not Miami.

Your attempt to make sneaky and very cringe-worthy laughter is something you should stop ASAP. Stop resorting to insults and look at facts for once. Shumpert's contract is far from overpaid. Do you even realize what overpaid means? Chris Bosh making $23 million is overpaid. Shumpert can command $6-8 million easily in the upcoming market. So you pay the guy $2 million more, BIG DEAL. Chris Bosh isn't even worth $16 million! Look at the guy for Christ's sake. What did he show this season with LeBron gone? Absolutely nothing. What did Wade show? That he can't lead a Heat team to the playoffs against a very weak ECF. Those are facts. So far, you've resorted to insults to justify your case. Seriously, read through your post and then record all the signings that happened the past few years. Players are getting a bunch of money and suddenly, Shumpert getting $2 million more per season is overpaid. You really don't have a clue. Instead, you choose to attack the OKC when they have nothing to do with this. REPORTED.

Scoots
08-15-2015, 12:45 PM
Miami has a chance to be VERY good ... but they have to stay 100% healthy to do it and the odds of that happening are essentially 0%.

Arch Stanton
08-20-2015, 09:43 PM
@MySportsLegion: The Cavs have re-signed JR Smith.

Arch Stanton
08-20-2015, 10:10 PM
Of the top 10 players in catch and shoot attempts (all shot 4.9 or more) only Kyle Korver (50%) and Klay Thompson (46%) shot better than Smith's (42%).

KnicksorBust
08-20-2015, 10:37 PM
Of the top 10 players in catch and shoot attempts (all shot 4.9 or more) only Kyle Korver (50%) and Klay Thompson (46%) shot better than Smith's (42%).

How did that work out in the Finals?

Arch Stanton
08-20-2015, 10:42 PM

Well he's not a #2 option so....

colinskik
08-20-2015, 10:57 PM
Your attempt to make sneaky and very cringe-worthy laughter is something you should stop ASAP. Stop resorting to insults and look at facts for once. Shumpert's contract is far from overpaid. Do you even realize what overpaid means? Chris Bosh making $23 million is overpaid. Shumpert can command $6-8 million easily in the upcoming market. So you pay the guy $2 million more, BIG DEAL. Chris Bosh isn't even worth $16 million! Look at the guy for Christ's sake. What did he show this season with LeBron gone? Absolutely nothing. What did Wade show? That he can't lead a Heat team to the playoffs against a very weak ECF. Those are facts. So far, you've resorted to insults to justify your case. Seriously, read through your post and then record all the signings that happened the past few years. Players are getting a bunch of money and suddenly, Shumpert getting $2 million more per season is overpaid. You really don't have a clue. Instead, you choose to attack the OKC when they have nothing to do with this. REPORTED.

Shumpert is overpaid at $10m per. He'd be overpaid at $6-8m per. He's not very good. It's easy to view a player as being better than they are when playing with lebron, but trust me; as a Knick and Shumpert fan, he's just never going to be consistent enough to be good. And I've watched him play way more than you.

gaughan333
08-20-2015, 11:00 PM

What does this have to do with anything? Man the nba forum sucks

Arch Stanton
08-20-2015, 11:01 PM
Shumpert is overpaid at $10m per. He'd be overpaid at $6-8m per. He's not very good. It's easy to view a player as being better than they are when playing with lebron, but trust me; as a Knick and Shumpert fan, he's just never going to be consistent enough to be good. And I've watched him play way more than you.

No he's not overpaid. He's a solid 3-D player and with the cap rising, it's actually a pretty good deal.

FlashBolt
08-20-2015, 11:28 PM

You think Shumpert is overpaid at $6-8 million? Unfortunately for you, you just answered my question. The Knicks just sucked and gave everyone out of that franchise a bad name to begin with. He's not overpaid by any means. He can easily demand that amount from a team that could use a three and defend guy.