PDA

View Full Version : Teams that will improve their win totals next season

5ass
07-24-2015, 07:44 PM
Go with the 5 teams that will raise their win totals the most next season. Put them in order from most to least, and briefly explain why.

ManRam
07-24-2015, 07:55 PM
off the top of my head...

Thunder - obvious choice
Cavs - won't suffer the early season issues this time around
Heat - i think they stay a bit healthy, and the roster as a whole is much better
Jazz - disgustingly good defensive potential...were very good after kanter left
Pellies - natural progression, better health, etc.

The bad teams like Orlando, Minny, NYK, LAL and Detroit all should improve...not comfortable guessing how much quite yet. I think LAC is the one already great team that could improve the most. Got a bit unlucky based on expected wins/pythag stuff, they improved their depth, and more games from Blake could help a bit. Milwaukee and Houston with a healthy Dwight are nice picks too.

HandsOnTheWheel
07-24-2015, 08:04 PM
All related to offseason transactions/improved health from year prior/growth of young talent

Heat
Thunder
Spurs
Bucks
Cavs

jerellh528
07-24-2015, 08:11 PM
off the top of my head...

Thunder - obvious choice
Cavs - won't suffer the early season issues this time around
Heat - i think they stay a bit healthy, and the roster as a whole is much better
Jazz - disgustingly good defensive potential...were very good after kanter left
Pellies - natural progression, better health, etc.

The bad teams like Orlando, Minny, NYK, LAL and Detroit all should improve...not comfortable guessing how much quite yet. I think LAC is the one already great team that could improve the most. Got a bit unlucky based on expected wins/pythag stuff, they improved their depth, and more games from Blake could help a bit. Milwaukee and Houston with a healthy Dwight are nice picks too.

This is a good answer. I second this post

5ass
07-24-2015, 08:14 PM
Heat- health (15 wins)
Knicks-health, depth (13 wins)
Lakers- health and depth (12 wins)
Magic- improving young players, coaching, depth (10 wins)
Thunder- health (9 wins), becaue new coach/system and Durant starts off slow

Vinylman
07-24-2015, 08:20 PM
Heat
Orlando
Milwaukee
Knicks
Indy

5ass
07-24-2015, 08:26 PM
Actually I'm not sure about the Lakers. Looking at their roster I like the hibbert+bass front court, but with players like Williams, Kobe, Young, Clarkson, and Russell who all need the ball in their hands, it could get ugly.

Edit: Yeah I gotta take out the Lakers. Detroit and Pelicans with 8 wins. Jazz and Lakers with 7.

Dade County
07-24-2015, 08:35 PM
Knciks: 40-42 (if they keep Melo for the entire season)

They don't have their pick, so I can see Phil pulling off some little trades to make them better. Also they went into tank mode last season, so of coure their record should be more respectable.

Thunder: 65-17

KD & West in the back of their mid know that this might be their last year together (KD free agency... GM might pull of a trade shipping KD out if he doesn't feel that KD will re-sign with them).

Also I think they feel that the Warriors just won what was supposed to be their championship. I pick OKC to go to the Final's if West & KD don't get hurt again or if KD isn't traded.

HEAT: 60-22

I feel that this team will stay healthy for the most part; also a full off season together will help their offensive chemistry. Also I feel that pat will pull off a trade that will push them into a true contender.

Cav's: 75-7

Lbj plan back fired on him (he would of never left Miami if he wasn't promised K Love and winning a championship), so I am guessing all beats are off and he is going to run through the league. He already is 2-4 in Final's so he has to do something memorable.

Picking a 5th team is too hard lol

Pistons, Bucks, Spurs

elledaddy
07-24-2015, 08:42 PM
East biggest jump / drop
Nyk = + 20wins / 14 losses by 4 pts or fewer in 2014( 20 by 6 pts or fewer) many w/o Calderon,Shump,Jr,Melo.Simply no Off to finish close gms. 37-45

Atl = - 12wins / East will be better which will cause these guys to drop just a bit 48-34

West biggest jump/drop
OkC = + 12 wins / Team is stacked if KD is right
Lak = + 12 wins / Not a bad team if the young pups( clarkson,randle,russell) do decent and Kobe/hibbert stay healthy

Port = - 14wins / tough losing 3/5th of your starters for a team that heavily depended on starter production. Start of a rebuild

Vinylman
07-24-2015, 08:53 PM

They don't have their pick, so I can see Phil pulling off some little trades to make them better. Also they went into tank mode last season, so of coure their record should be more respectable.

KD & West in the back of their mid know that this might be their last year together (KD free agency... GM might pull of a trade shipping KD out if he doesn't feel that KD will re-sign with them).

Also I think they feel that the Warriors just won what was supposed to be their championship. I pick OKC to go to the Final's if West & KD don't get hurt again or if KD isn't traded.

I feel that this team will stay healthy for the most part; also a full off season together will help their offensive chemistry. Also I feel that pat will pull off a trade that will push them into a true contender.

Lbj plan back fired on him (he would of never left Miami if he wasn't promised K Love and winning a championship), so I am guessing all beats are off and he is going to run through the league. He already is 2-4 in Final's so he has to do something memorable.

Pistons, Bucks, Spurs

Those records are ALL ridiculous

ClutchTime
07-24-2015, 09:14 PM

Pistons, Bucks, Spurs

LOL at 75-7....

warfelg
07-24-2015, 09:55 PM
Thunder: Being healthy will change things, and I think Westbrook might have learned something last year
Heat: Having Bosh for the full year will make a huge difference with the way Whiteside came on
Spurs: No longer just a bunch of old guys that get nights off
Pacers: Got PG back
Sixers: Lots of 2-5 point losses that will change with a true go to offensive guy.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
07-24-2015, 10:15 PM
To people saying Milwaukee. I think they'll be better overall but around 500 on the year it's going to take them some time to gel with the new pieces and also it don't look like Jabari will be back until January. We don't have a ton of depth at the 4 and even less without Parker. So this season I could see them getting to 45-37 to 50-32 but wouldn't be surprised to see them finish at. 500 this season and than the following season coming in completely healthy and making the jump into being a serious contender. Their regular season record will be deceiving. No team is going to wanna draw them round 1 though if they're healthy. So I just don't see them being top 5 biggest improvements.
I'd say OKC, NYK, N. O, possibly Miami, Utah, and the T-wolves all being in that range along with others I'm forgetting.

The 5 teams to fall back are POR, but not as bad as people think. ATL not much but could see 10 to 20 wins less, GSW not saying their going to be bad they'll probably be 1st In The west again Just going to not have the big lead they did, Dallas, and IDK who else? Maybe the Nets? I don't see them making the playoffs this year

Corey
07-24-2015, 10:16 PM
Celtics.

They had the second best record in the east after the all star break. Add in David Lee, Amir Johnson, fully healthy Sully/Olynyk, progression of Smart, Crowder...Definitely seeing a bit of improvement.

Went 20-11 after the break, only beat by the Cavs (20-7)

Scoots
07-24-2015, 11:22 PM
Doubt the Cavs make the list of top 5 teams by win increase. Particularly when LeBron takes his mid-season vacation again :)

RLundi
07-24-2015, 11:45 PM

Pistons, Bucks, Spurs

Lol. That is all.

Munkeysuit
07-25-2015, 01:01 AM
Cavs
Thunder
Celtics
Heat
Wizards

KnickNyKnick
07-25-2015, 08:52 AM
Bucks
Heat
Knicks
Pacers
Thunder

uh.

Nuggets

ManRam
07-25-2015, 09:29 AM
Doubt the Cavs make the list of top 5 teams by win increase. Particularly when LeBron takes his mid-season vacation again :)

They were 20-20 40 games into the season. That's absolutely not happening again :laugh:

I don't see how they don't win 60 games this year.

JLynn943
07-25-2015, 11:19 AM
Cavs
Thunder
Jazz
Heat
Kings

Kings should easily do it. Their starting 5 was among the tops in the league statistically last year, but injuries and the awful decision to fire Mike Malone destroyed the momentum of the early part of the season. With Karl and Rondo there is potential for disaster, but I just don't see a team with this much talent and a coach with a penchant for turning around teams not surpassing last year's win total of 29

nycericanguy
07-25-2015, 11:31 AM
Celtics.

They had the second best record in the east after the all star break. Add in David Lee, Amir Johnson, fully healthy Sully/Olynyk, progression of Smart, Crowder...Definitely seeing a bit of improvement.

Went 20-11 after the break, only beat by the Cavs (20-7)

People fall into this trap too often, picking a good run a team had and thinking that they will play like that during the entire season next year. Myself included when the Knicks finished 16-3 two years ago and then went on to win 37 games the next season. I doubt BOS turns into a 50 win team next year. NBA seasons are full of ups and downs, even the bad teams usually have some runs where they win 15 of 25 or something along those lines.

CAVS also, sure they may not start 19-20 next year, but they also are unlikely to have a 34-4 run like they had last year, especially with Lebron a year older and Kyrie/Love have always been injury prone. So I doubt they add more than 6-8 wins.

NY could be at least +20
OKC should be at least +10, MIA Also
CHA could be + 10 or more, Batum is very underrated and Kamnisky can help them.
ORL could be +10

Scoots
07-25-2015, 12:11 PM
They were 20-20 40 games into the season. That's absolutely not happening again :laugh:

I don't see how they don't win 60 games this year.

I didn't say they wouldn't win 60, just that there will be more than 4 other teams with win increases greater than 7.

Clippersfan86
07-25-2015, 12:33 PM
Clippers go from worst bench to NBA to one of the best on paper, upgrade starting SF, add a bunch of wing defenders... and only 1 person mentions them lol? Never mind that Blake missed 25 games last year and will likely improve his game again this summer. As said by I think Hawkeye on the last page, Clippers likely take biggest leap in wins among contenders this year, along with OKC who were hit by freak injuries all year. OKC's improvement is health, Clippers is due to plugging holes and roster turnover.

Clippers swapped Matt Barnes, Spencer Hawes, Hedo, Udoh and Baby for...

Lance Stephenson, Wes Johnson, Paul Pierce, Josh Smith, Cole Aldrich, Branden Dawson, Pablo Prigioni.

Vinylman
07-25-2015, 01:09 PM
Clippers go from worst bench to NBA to one of the best on paper, upgrade starting SF, add a bunch of wing defenders... and only 1 person mentions them lol? Never mind that Blake missed 25 games last year and will likely improve his game again this summer. As said by I think Hawkeye on the last page, Clippers likely take biggest leap in wins among contenders this year, along with OKC who were hit by freak injuries all year. OKC's improvement is health, Clippers is due to plugging holes and roster turnover.

Clippers swapped Matt Barnes, Spencer Hawes, Hedo, Udoh and Baby for...

Lance Stephenson, Wes Johnson, Paul Pierce, Josh Smith, Cole Aldrich, Branden Dawson, Pablo Prigioni.

That wasn't the question though... it was who will win the most additional games this year...

the clipps aren't gonna win more than 5 or 6 more games at the most

Clippersfan86
07-25-2015, 01:22 PM
That wasn't the question though... it was who will win the most additional games this year...

the clipps aren't gonna win more than 5 or 6 more games at the most

Oh God I feel dumb ranting haha. I was going off tangent big time. I was thinking contenders for some reason.

Forever35
07-25-2015, 07:52 PM
People fall into this trap too often, picking a good run a team had and thinking that they will play like that during the entire season next year. Myself included when the Knicks finished 16-3 two years ago and then went on to win 37 games the next season. I doubt BOS turns into a 50 win team next year. NBA seasons are full of ups and downs, even the bad teams usually have some runs where they win 15 of 25 or something along those lines.

CAVS also, sure they may not start 19-20 next year, but they also are unlikely to have a 34-4 run like they had last year, especially with Lebron a year older and Kyrie/Love have always been injury prone. So I doubt they add more than 6-8 wins.

NY could be at least +20
OKC should be at least +10, MIA Also
CHA could be + 10 or more, Batum is very underrated and Kamnisky can help them.
ORL could be +10

Vegas currently has the C's at 47.5 over/under... They won 40 last season... At least Vegas see's some upside... :D

Saddletramp
07-25-2015, 11:06 PM
Vegas currently has the C's at 47.5 over/under... They won 40 last season... At least Vegas see's some upside... :D

I saw where Bleacher Report ranked the Celtics 28 out of 30 in their rankings.

****ing Bleacher Report.

CousinsEvansDUO
07-26-2015, 03:07 AM
The Kings went from the WORST ranked bench in the league to now I predict one of the top 10 benches. Also their starting 5 continues to improve in youth. I predict they win 48 games

Hawkeye15
07-26-2015, 03:34 AM
Are we talking baseline, most games won over previous season? I don't think my Wolves are ready for playoffs yet, but even 36 wins gives them a 20 game improvement. I don't see how they haven't been mentioned.

CousinsEvansDUO
07-26-2015, 04:09 AM
Because it's a flawed roster with the most overrated player from the draft As viewed by in summer league. Willie Cayley stein should of gone number 1 sorry tough break for the wolves, once again

WaDe03
07-26-2015, 12:31 PM
Heat-Health, depth
Thunder-Health
Wolves-added KAT, young talent gets better
Cavs-better chemistry
Celtics-depth

Silent
07-26-2015, 01:44 PM
thunder
bucks
heat
jazz
pelicans

i think cavs stay around the same total from last year

Hawkeye15
07-26-2015, 02:38 PM
Heat-Health, depth
Thunder-Health
Wolves-added KAT, young talent gets better
Cavs-better chemistry
Celtics-depth

Not to mention we hopefully get Bazz back for 80 games (he showed MASSIVE improvement in year 2), and Rubio doesn't go down yet again. Wiggins is primed for a big year 2. KAT might not contribute much in year 1 as he needs to get stronger downstairs and 19 year old big men tend to struggle anyways. But he will at least help on defense, and floor spacing in year 1 when he can stay on the floor. Bench will be nice with Lavine, Shabazz, Dieng, and whatever we get out of Pek/KG is just icing, not to mention Martin can still score 15 efficient points a night and play 70 games.

I think the Wolves win 10-12 more games by just adding health to the roster, and the fact Flip probably isn't going to tank the season away by game 45 this year. A 20 game win improvement is totally realistic for the Wolves.

Corey
07-26-2015, 05:03 PM

I mean its not like they kept their same players and just went on a run.

They made moves, changed minute allocation and saw a lot of improved success.

Isaiah Thomas was obviously a huge part of it, and they've added in Amir Johnson, David Lee, natural progression of Smart, Sully, Olynyk, Zeller, Crowder...They're bound to improve a bit.

alexander_37
07-26-2015, 06:50 PM
I would bet my account the Cavs don't hit 70 wins.... Let alone 75 that's laughable.

Bruno
07-26-2015, 10:25 PM
WEST:
Wolves: +10
Lakers: +9
Kings: +6
Phoenix: +3
Thunder: +16
Hornets: +4
Spurs: +4
Clippers: +4
Rockets: +4

Grizzlies: -5
Nuggets: -10
Mavericks: -26
Blazers: -27
Warriors: -6

EAST:

Knicks: +6
76ers: +3
Magic: +11
Pistons: +4
Heat: +9
Pacers: +3
Celtics: +4
Bucks: +7
Cavs: +7

Bobcats: -3
Nets: -17
Wizards: -3
Raptors: -4
Bulls: -3
Hawks: -10

ManRam
07-27-2015, 01:40 PM
Bruno, not sure I can get on board with the Nets winning 21 games and the Mavs just 24. The Nets turnover shouldn't be that detrimental and the Mavs still have a competent starting 5.

mngopher35
07-27-2015, 01:56 PM
And I'm not sure I can get on board with cutting the Jazz from the league, calling the Pelicans the hornets, or Charlotte being stuck with the Bobcats name.

Seriously though those do seem like pretty steep drops for those two teams. I think Dallas will still get 30 wins (maybe you see injuries affecting them with dirk aging and Mathews as unknown?)

Slug3
07-27-2015, 03:11 PM

Pistons, Bucks, Spurs

The only realistic one here is the Knicks. The others are just way too high. I don't see Miami at 60, maybe around 50 wins (which is still good). The Cavs are not getting 75 wins at all. Lebron knows the meaning now more than ever of being healthy in the playoffs and getting rest in the season. They will probably end up in the lower 60s for wins.

Bruno
07-27-2015, 05:47 PM
Bruno, not sure I can get on board with the Nets winning 21 games and the Mavs just 24. The Nets turnover shouldn't be that detrimental and the Mavs still have a competent starting 5.

I'm probably being hard on the Mavs. In 2012 they were 41-41, Dirk missed almost 30 games. they were middle of the pack in SRS. they had starers like Darren Collison, Mayo, Marion. Dirk is three years older, Matthews is a major question mark coming off the achilles. Will Matthews have a better season coming off achilles than Mayo did in Dallas, probably his best year ever? they could have one of the worst 7-8 defenses in the league. So many questions in Dallas, but sure they could put it all together, stay healthy and probably win somewhere in the mid to low 30's, imo.

And I'm not sure I can get on board with cutting the Jazz from the league, calling the Pelicans the hornets, or Charlotte being stuck with the Bobcats name.

Seriously though those do seem like pretty steep drops for those two teams. I think Dallas will still get 30 wins (maybe you see injuries affecting them with dirk aging and Mathews as unknown?)

I had the Jazz written I must have deleted on accident. I think they flirt with 50 wins. +14 game improvement.

exactly. and i think the west got slightly better. very bullish on utah.

my math is probably off too, not an equal amount of wins in vs loses out, off the top of my head here.

Bruno
07-27-2015, 05:51 PM

I'd adjust the Nets to 17-18 wins if i could do it again. if Brook goes out that team won't win any games, and that could happen.

mngopher35
07-27-2015, 06:08 PM
I had the Jazz written I must have deleted on accident. I think they flirt with 50 wins. +14 game improvement.

exactly. and i think the west got slightly better. very bullish on utah.

my math is probably off too, not an equal amount of wins in vs loses out, off the top of my head here.

I didn't go over the math of your picks but generally speaking most look good/reasonable, I was curious where Utah fell though as they appear to be an up and coming team. I see Jazz as a mid-high 40's win team and on the edge of making "top 5 of more wins" with like +8.

I think Heat can be a 50 win team so I have them closer to an OKC type of jump than you do, those are my top 2 improved teams (really like that starting 5 if they can play 65-70ish games together).

5ass
07-27-2015, 06:26 PM
I forgot the wolves here. They're going to jump to about 30 wins IMO. Jazz I see winning 42-47 games, depending on, believe it or not, Alec Burks. I dont see Exum or Burke making a big jump.

Lo Porto
07-29-2015, 07:58 PM
I forgot the wolves here. They're going to jump to about 30 wins IMO. Jazz I see winning 42-47 games, depending on, believe it or not, Alec Burks. I dont see Exum or Burke making a big jump.

If Exum and Burke improve at all, Utah will be tough next year. The addition of Burks replaces a bunch of DLeague guys with a proven scorer. Utah is one to watch.

Minny will win a bunch more games this year.

5ass
07-29-2015, 08:16 PM
If Exum and Burke improve at all, Utah will be tough next year. The addition of Burks replaces a bunch of DLeague guys with a proven scorer. Utah is one to watch.

Minny will win a bunch more games this year.

They better improve lol. They were the worst PG rotation in the league. Still, I think they'll make minor improvements. Dante still isn't ready and I honestly have little faith in Burke. I don't think he's worth developing if the Jazz are aiming for the play offs. What do you expect of Burke eventually? Back up PG or starter pushing Exum to SG? Personally, I would've liked them to sign like a CJ Watson.

I think if Burks keeps it consistent this season they'll make the play offs. They need that guard that can drive and kick/finish.

basketballkitty
07-30-2015, 01:23 AM
Can't believe so few have not said our 76ers. I mean they won all their games after starting 0-17. Now add in the best offensive rookie from the draft. Noel, who was easily the best rookie last year after the All Star break. Covington who was basically a rookie last year, and still scored at a 13.5 Pts a night ratio. Ish Smith, who really got Noel going, I know he is not an elite NBA starter but he got better as he got used to our squad. Grant who has added Muscle & Strength, and has that rookie year out of the way. Two new additional tested " Vets " in Thompson and Landry. A great Shooter and defender in Hollis Thompson, Oh yeah and lets not forget the addition of " El Hot Sauce " himself in Stauskas, who after early struggles, really shot the ball well.

I mean even if the Sixers play basically at the % that they did last season from the start...they win like 27 games. I can easily see them playing at a 400 winning percentage or slightly better then that. I say the Sixers can...not that they will, but can win around 34 games, and that would be a +16 game Improvement.

Hawkeye15
07-30-2015, 11:56 AM
Can't believe so few have not said our 76ers. I mean they won all their games after starting 0-17. Now add in the best offensive rookie from the draft. Noel, who was easily the best rookie last year after the All Star break. Covington who was basically a rookie last year, and still scored at a 13.5 Pts a night ratio. Ish Smith, who really got Noel going, I know he is not an elite NBA starter but he got better as he got used to our squad. Grant who has added Muscle & Strength, and has that rookie year out of the way. Two new additional tested " Vets " in Thompson and Landry. A great Shooter and defender in Hollis Thompson, Oh yeah and lets not forget the addition of " El Hot Sauce " himself in Stauskas, who after early struggles, really shot the ball well.

I mean even if the Sixers play basically at the % that they did last season from the start...they win like 27 games. I can easily see them playing at a 400 winning percentage or slightly better then that. I say the Sixers can...not that they will, but can win around 34 games, and that would be a +16 game Improvement.

not that I am using this as a reference or anything, but I thought this was interesting:

2. Philadelphia 76ers (5.7 WARP lost)
Key rotation gains: Jahlil Okafor, Nik Stauskas
Key rotation losses: Joel Embiid

Figuring out a 10-man rotation for either the "before" or the "after" Sixers is kind of like throwing darts blindfolded. A couple of things are going on here. First, the Sixers' forecast suffers from the lack of the presence of veterans JaVale McGee and Ish Smith, two unrestricted free agents who were Philly assets at the offseason's outset. (Remember, players don't actually become free agents until the moratorium begins.) Neither is a huge deal in themselves, but they were at least better than replacement level.

The tandem of Carl Landry and Jason Thompson are forecast for exactly zero WARP between them, so there are no veterans to prop up the Sixers' baseline. But, really, the big hit is Embiid, both in our hearts and on our spreadsheets. Though he didn't play last season, at the close of the 2014-15 season you'd still have to project him as the starting center going forward. Now he's out again and the Sixers have since drafted Okafor. Embiid carries the better rookie season projection, so there you go. In any event, it hardly matters. Short-term baseline forecasts are pretty much irrelevant to what the Sixers are doing right now.

The Sixers, imo, are not winning 20 games.

5ass
07-30-2015, 12:32 PM
Yeah the sixers don't belong on this list. I can see 20-25 wins max.

JEDean89
07-30-2015, 12:34 PM
sixers got marginally better at their best position already (can't play jahlil and noel together), and pretty much every other team in the NBA, save the Blazers, got better. I mean, its the 76ers, Nuggets, Blazers, Lakers, Wolves who I can guarantee are going to be high lottery teams. The others? The Kings, Pistons, Knicks, Magic, Hornets, Pacers were the other crappy teams last year, and they all got better, cept maybe the Hornets.

PhillyFaninLA
07-30-2015, 12:37 PM
Yeah the sixers don't belong on this list. I can see 20-25 wins max.

Which would be an improved win total

5ass
07-30-2015, 12:42 PM
Which would be an improved win total

I mean they're not top 5 in most improved. Read beyond the title.

5ass
07-30-2015, 12:44 PM
sixers got marginally better at their best position already (can't play jahlil and noel together), and pretty much every other team in the NBA, save the Blazers, got better. I mean, its the 76ers, Nuggets, Blazers, Lakers, Wolves who I can guarantee are going to be high lottery teams. The others? The Kings, Pistons, Knicks, Magic, Hornets, Pacers were the other crappy teams last year, and they all got better, cept maybe the Hornets.

Noel and Okafor should be able to play together. It's not going to be ideal. Okafor will suffer from it offensively, and Noel will suffer defensively, but long term they should be fine. I don't like Noel at center long terms simply because he'll need to add weight on that knee.

JEDean89
07-30-2015, 01:06 PM
^^^ i think they can long term, but they are going to hinder each other's development. Noel maybe can play PF, but he doesn't stretch the floor, and needs to be around the rims for lobs if he wants to score points. I just don't think any of Embiid, Noel and Okafor can play next to each other. 76ers don't have great shooting, and those two will clog the lanes. it's going to an interesting season for philly, I think they will start to show improvement post allstar break.

PhillyFaninLA
07-30-2015, 01:23 PM
I mean they're not top 5 in most improved. Read beyond the title.

my bad

Hawkeye15
07-30-2015, 01:31 PM

While I feel shaky confidence in saying this, because my puppies always seem to **** it up, the Wolves should win 15-20 more games this year. Just getting Rubio/Bazz back healthy, and the expected improvements of all the youth will help. Towns I don't expect a lot out of yet, but Rubio basically lost a season to injury, Pek was useless, Bazz went down early after showing major improvement, and by game 40, we went into tank mode and just gave the young guys all the playing time in the world.

5ass
04-11-2016, 03:26 PM
Bumped.

Hawkeye15
04-11-2016, 03:49 PM
I went a little high on the Wolves. Sitting at +12 games with 2 remaining.

I basically promised Philly didn't win 20 games, and they didn't even come close.

5ass
04-11-2016, 04:00 PM
I had...
the wolves winning 30.
Knicks winning 30.
Magic winning 35.
Jazz winning 42-47 depending on Alec Burks.
Pistons at 40.
Heat at 52.
Thunder at 54.

5ass
04-11-2016, 04:02 PM
I overrated the Heat a little bit. Pistons won a little more than I thought, but I expected them to be a play off team.

ewing
04-11-2016, 04:04 PM
My Knicks are at plus 15 i am pretty sure i predicted them at 34 wins or better if relatively healthy. They didn't quite make it but not bad. Can someone post the top for the year?

5ass
04-11-2016, 04:11 PM
My Knicks are at plus 15 i am pretty sure i predicted them at 34 wins or better if relatively healthy. They didn't quite make it but not bad. Can someone post the top for the year?

Knicks made the biggest jump.
Hornets made the second biggest jump. Surprising for me.
Wolves were probably third biggest jump.
Spurs were another surprise. 10+ wins

ewing
04-11-2016, 04:19 PM
Knicks made the biggest jump.
Hornets made the second biggest jump. Surprising for me.
Wolves were probably third biggest jump.
Spurs were another surprise. 10+ wins

Hornet were definitely a surprise for me. Admittedly never a Kemba fan but he deserves a ton of credit. I think they are fun team to watch too.

nycericanguy
04-11-2016, 04:23 PM

Knicks ended up with the highest jump, but considering how KP was better than anyone expected, and that the Knicks were one of the healthiest teams in the league, 32 wins is a huge disappointment.

ewing
04-11-2016, 04:50 PM
Knicks ended up with the highest jump, but considering how KP was better than anyone expected, and that the Knicks were one of the healthiest teams in the league, 32 wins is a huge disappointment.

yeah you seem to think they should have won 60. they aren't that good. I was hopeful they could play above there heads and compete for a playoff spot but this is more who they are.

nycericanguy
04-11-2016, 05:05 PM
yeah you seem to think they should have won 60. they aren't that good. I was hopeful they could play above there heads and compete for a playoff spot but this is more who they are.

umm what?...lol

I think given their good health and KP's play it should have been a 42-45 win team.

even by your standards u said 34 wins and you couldnt have predicted KP's play and we;ve been more than "relatively healthy"...

Scoots
04-11-2016, 05:55 PM
Nobody predicted the Warriors would improve (including me) ... +6 games isn't too bad when you are coming from 67 and a title.

kobe4thewinbang
04-11-2016, 06:28 PM
Actually I'm not sure about the Lakers. Looking at their roster I like the hibbert+bass front court, but with players like Williams, Kobe, Young, Clarkson, and Russell who all need the ball in their hands, it could get ugly.

Edit: Yeah I gotta take out the Lakers. Detroit and Pelicans with 8 wins. Jazz and Lakers with 7.The Lakers are *not* resigning Hibbert. He's anemic at scoring and has lost a step defensively. Lou Williams has been bad this year, might trade him or Young to help with the chemistry with D'Lo. They're going to try and land a free agent, maybe DeRozan. Plus no more 1-20 nights from Kobe, but I think they'll at least not be the worst team, especially if they land a free agent.

5ass
04-11-2016, 06:32 PM
The Lakers are *not* resigning Hibbert. He's anemic at scoring and has lost a step defensively. Lou Williams has been bad this year, might trade him or Young to help with the chemistry with D'Lo. They're going to try and land a free agent, maybe DeRozan. Plus no more 1-20 nights from Kobe, but I think they'll at least not be the worst team, especially if they land a free agent.

This is an old thread that was bumped.

FOXHOUND
04-11-2016, 06:56 PM
umm what?...lol

I think given their good health and KP's play it should have been a 42-45 win team.

even by your standards u said 34 wins and you couldnt have predicted KP's play and we;ve been more than "relatively healthy"...

I'll add that finishing with just 32 after being 22-22 is a big disappointment. The other thing, the only reason the team won this much was because we had a pretty good Melo instead of a Melo on one leg for half a season like last year. The team is 0-9 without Melo, so while Phil added at least one solid piece in Lopez and KP surprised everyone at the start, the team as a whole still didn't play as good as it could have. Basically, if Melo got reinjured and had another year like last year this team would still be a sub-20 win team, and on that end it's disappointing.

I had the Knicks at 45 wins before the season, combining the additions of Melo + Lopez and expecting much more from Afflalo. Not that I expected him to be special or anything, but he freaking sucks lmao. I expected KP to be a 12-14 and 7 player with low efficiency and good D, so overall he actually hasn't surprised me. The early jump start definitely did, and with that I confidently see him being an 18-9 player with good efficiency next season. I think he showed off his defensive chops in summer league/preseason.

Next year Melo will be better being a full year removed from the surgery, adding on to how he progressively got healthier/better as the season went. KP in year two will also be noticeably better. Between that and hopefully a good offseason in FA, this team can take another jump of 15+ wins. Unless Phil hires Kurt Rambis... then they probably cap at 40. :mad:

IKnowHoops
04-12-2016, 04:29 AM
Because it's a flawed roster with the most overrated player from the draft As viewed by in summer league. Willie Cayley stein should of gone number 1 sorry tough break for the wolves, once again

This one is pretty funny

warfelg
04-12-2016, 06:57 AM
Thunder: Being healthy will change things, and I think Westbrook might have learned something last year
Heat: Having Bosh for the full year will make a huge difference with the way Whiteside came on
Spurs: No longer just a bunch of old guys that get nights off
Pacers: Got PG back
Sixers: Lots of 2-5 point losses that will change with a true go to offensive guy.

Well, other than my 6ers pretty much nailed this.

ewing
04-12-2016, 08:06 AM
umm what?...lol

I also thought AA would be much better and thought Gallo was going to step in as a good stop gag at the starting PG. Your expectations on this team have been really high all season IMO.

yibnuhi
04-12-2016, 11:33 AM
Go with the 5 teams that will raise their win totals the most next season. Put them in order from most to least, and briefly explain why. http://financeseeyou.com/red/images/7.gif
http://financeseeyou.com/red/images/8.gifhttp://financeseeyou.com/red/images/17.gif

nycericanguy
04-12-2016, 11:38 AM
I also thought AA would be much better and thought Gallo was going to step in as a good stop gag at the starting PG. Your expectations on this team have been really high all season IMO.

I think KNick fans have lowered their expectations way too much.

Having a team around .500 now qualifies as "really high expectations"...

Why should a team with Carmelo Anthony and a veteran cast around him be one of the worst teams in the league and ahead of just two teams in the east that are tanking?

Afflalo averaged 13/4/2 on 44/38/84 shooting line, that's right in line with his career numbers, IDK why anyone would expect more when he's 30 now. But that's decent production along with good production from KP & Lopez. There are teams 10-15 games ahead of us with equal or less talent.