PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant Making New Teammates Feel Welcome?

Clippersfan86
07-22-2015, 04:16 PM
https://instagram.com/p/5ctF7hSLle/

Lmao.

goingfor28
07-22-2015, 04:21 PM
Lmao

WITZ
07-22-2015, 04:23 PM
Well i cringed :laugh2:

WOwolfOL
07-22-2015, 04:43 PM
Hibbert is going to be scared of Kobe. I just don't see his personality being able to handle Kobe's tirades.

Gander13SM
07-22-2015, 04:53 PM
Lmfao... best thing I've seen all offseason.

Gander13SM

Gander13SM

Nick O
07-22-2015, 05:02 PM
loooooooooooooooooooooool

jerellh528
07-22-2015, 05:07 PM
lolol hibbert's face.

D-Leethal
07-22-2015, 05:15 PM
This could get ugly...

R. Johnson#3
07-22-2015, 05:23 PM
Oh man, I can't wait until Lou holds the ball for a buzzer beater.

nickdymez
07-22-2015, 05:35 PM
I love seeing people who don't watch the Lakers make comments based on media portrayal

Rivera
07-22-2015, 05:38 PM
Lmfaoooooooo. Kobe is going to make hibbert his ***** the look on his and Lou's face was priceless haha

I love Kobe more and more for whatever reason the past 5 years. I love the way how he handles the media and his honesty.

Iron24th
07-22-2015, 05:39 PM
This could get ugly...

How? This team isn't going anywhere whatever happens, no pressure.

Jayb587
07-22-2015, 05:39 PM
Oh man, I can't wait until Lou holds the ball for a buzzer beater.

Lol@ thinking lou will even be in the game for a buzzer beater.

Jayb587
07-22-2015, 05:40 PM
How? This team isn't going anywhere whatever happens, no pressure.

8th seed.

S & B Bleeder
07-22-2015, 05:41 PM
Jesus. This **** is going to get ugly and end badly.

Hibbert already looks defeated and butthurt before even playing meaningful minute.

Kobe is a dlck, no other way to put it. Then again, he likely realizes that Mitch and the Buss kids are useless dumb ***** who legitimately have no clue on how to build a team.

This season will be another train wreck.

Iron24th
07-22-2015, 05:44 PM
Jesus. This **** is going to get ugly and end badly.

Hibbert already looks defeated and butthurt before even playing meaningful minute.

Kobe is a dlck, no other way to put it. Then again, he likely realizes that Mitch and the Buss kids are useless dumb ***** who legitimately have no clue on how to build a team.

This season will be another train wreck.

Good, top 3 pick here we come!

jerellh528
07-22-2015, 05:45 PM
Honestly from watching the whole press conference, I was very impressed with Hibbert. Seems like he really wanted to be here. Lou and bass, eh, they sound like typical dumb-dumb NBA players.

GiantsSwaGG
07-22-2015, 05:46 PM
Hibbert look like he pissed in his pants

5ass
07-22-2015, 06:00 PM
8th seed.

Lmao. Not even close.

PowerHouse
07-22-2015, 06:20 PM
Lmao.

Dont you mean Lm5ao? (laugh my 5 a$$es off)

beasted86
07-22-2015, 06:39 PM
And people have said Kobe is a great leader?

J4KOP99
07-22-2015, 06:45 PM
Can someone explain what happened? Not able to watch videos right now.

LakersIn5
07-22-2015, 06:52 PM
And people have said Kobe is a great leader?

Just because he hasnt talked to hibbert, lou and bass?? Lol. I doubt duncan has even talked to ray mccallum yet.

mngopher35
07-22-2015, 07:08 PM
Can someone explain what happened? Not able to watch videos right now.

reporter asks Hibbert, Lou, Bass "have any of you guys heard from Kobe and if so what did he say?". Then awkward silence follows until next question is asked.

Tony_Starks
07-22-2015, 07:08 PM
Did the clipper fan op mention Hibbert saying waving his trade kicker for a chance to play for the Lakers was a "no brainer?"

Or Brandon Bass saying he fantasized about playing for the Lakers?

Or Lou Wills comments earlier about how he looked forward to playing with Kobe because "greatness is contagious?"

He didn't?

Of course he didn't.

ATX
07-22-2015, 07:40 PM
Well, it's not as if I'm shocked to learn Kobe could care less about the Lakers acquisitions. He could have at the very least sent out a tweet welcoming them to the Laker Nation. I can't comprehend the weight of that ego he has to drag around.

numba1CHANGsta
07-22-2015, 07:45 PM
Reporters always ask this question, which is a pointless question to ask

NYKnickFanatic
07-22-2015, 08:36 PM
Hibbert twitching was the best part.

Teeboy1487
07-22-2015, 09:17 PM
This is thread worthy? Definitely slow nba news in the offseason.

PurpleLynch
07-22-2015, 10:00 PM
Ahahahah Had a honest laugh,it was awesome. Kobe's name is already scaring teammates,nice.

Mave1002
07-22-2015, 10:09 PM
It's funny though I think only Kobe and MJ can possibly have this kind of effect on players. I wouldnt translate into fear.. more like respect.

Tony_Starks
07-23-2015, 12:47 AM
If Hibbert can protect the paint, Bass can put Randle on to that smooth baseline jumper, and Lou Will can do what he always does I'll be good.

All those things seem totally attainable to me.

Chronz
07-23-2015, 12:48 AM
Honestly from watching the whole press conference, I was very impressed with Hibbert. Seems like he really wanted to be here. Lou and bass, eh, they sound like typical dumb-dumb NBA players.

I think bass is intelligent just not a good public speaker

beasted86
07-23-2015, 12:49 AM
Just because he hasnt talked to hibbert, lou and bass?? Lol. I doubt duncan has even talked to ray mccallum yet.

You know you can be a Lakers fan without being in his crotch so hard.

Terrible look for Kobe. Not even one of them gets a text? A call? A tweet? Nothing? You can't defend that.

If this press conference was for just one of these guys I could agree, but not all 3 getting no communication.

On just a personal or player to player level this is okay, but not if Kobe still wants to act like a leader and tell people it's his team still.

Vincent33
07-23-2015, 01:11 AM
I for one, hope that this is something Kobe keeps up throughout the season. Just never talking to his teammates, just look at them with utter disdain and contempt. That would be how amazing happens in the NBA.

PraiseJesus
07-23-2015, 01:14 AM
apparently the only one Kobe has spoken to is Larry Nance Jr

sometimes the only way to get Kobes respect is to punch him right in the face

LA_Raiders
07-23-2015, 01:28 AM
Lol. I hipe we fight for the 8th spot

Phenom1
07-23-2015, 01:41 AM

Thats because Larry nance Jr. texted him first to apologize, obviously.

Im not even gonna defend kobe cuz we all know how he is but you cant really crucify him too much for this. His not the type of leader who will txt and etc, he leads by example on the court or when theyre training. Theres different types of leaders, idk why this is even an issue.

Mave1002
07-23-2015, 01:57 AM

Terrible look for Kobe. Not even one of them gets a text? A call? A tweet? Nothing? You can't defend that.

If this press conference was for just one of these guys I could agree, but not all 3 getting no communication.

On just a personal or player to player level this is okay, but not if Kobe still wants to act like a leader and tell people it's his team still.

Not worth defending.

But yeah, since im sure that you know this for a fact based on a video on the internet... then I guess were in for one terrible season once again coz Kobe isnt texting, calling or sending tweets to his new teammates. too fckin bad im so worried already.

Mobile dweebs nowadays.

Gander13SM
07-23-2015, 03:33 AM
Lmao. Lakers fans getting uber defensive. He doesnt need you to defend him after he's financially crippled the team for the short term and destroyed whatever slim chance they had of signing high caliber free agents. Now he pissed off all the decent players they signed by completely ignoring them. I'm pretty sure he's capable of defending his own actions.

You can appreciate Kobe for what he did and who he was while still realising that he's a complete dick. Bulls fans have managed it with M.J so maybe it will just take another decade or so.

Mcdoh
07-23-2015, 04:26 AM
oh no... lol..

Leftcoast_yg
07-23-2015, 04:42 AM
Did the clipper fan op mention Hibbert saying waving his trade kicker for a chance to play for the Lakers was a "no brainer?"

Or Brandon Bass saying he fantasized about playing for the Lakers?

Or Lou Wills comments earlier about how he looked forward to playing with Kobe because "greatness is contagious?"

He didn't?

Of course he didn't.

He doesn't understand those quotes because he is a clippers fan.

jerellh528
07-23-2015, 04:42 AM

russell also

cg_la00
07-23-2015, 05:20 AM
didnt know kobe had to be a walmart greeter to grown *** men in the nba? im pretty sure kobe has better things to do like work on his conditioning for next season or spend time with his family? this isnt a big deal, nor should it be. its not like hibbert, williams, or bass texted kobe either. the past couple years the media has been trying to crucify kobe as much as they can, but hey im sure jordan called every free agent that went to the bulls. or how about kareem? shaq? garnett? duncan? iverson? you get my point. Just because we're in this new age of basketball where everyone in the nba are friends and drink pina coladas in the bahamas together during the summer doesnt mean kobe or any old school mentality player left in the nba has to be like them.

sammyvine
07-23-2015, 06:08 AM
didnt know kobe had to be a walmart greeter to grown *** men in the nba? im pretty sure kobe has better things to do like work on his conditioning for next season or spend time with his family? this isnt a big deal, nor should it be. its not like hibbert, williams, or bass texted kobe either. the past couple years the media has been trying to crucify kobe as much as they can, but hey im sure jordan called every free agent that went to the bulls. or how about kareem? shaq? garnett? duncan? iverson? you get my point. Just because we're in this new age of basketball where everyone in the nba are friends and drink pina coladas in the bahamas together during the summer doesnt mean kobe or any old school mentality player left in the nba has to be like them.

This pretty much

Boo-Hoo Kobe Bryant never texted/tweeted/called them to say welcome to the lakers. Cry me a river.

Clippersfan86
07-23-2015, 09:17 AM
He doesn't understand those quotes because he is a clippers fan.

lol

Cal827
07-23-2015, 09:50 AM
I love seeing people who don't watch the Lakers make comments based on media portrayal

Come on, light up a little dymez. Kobe has gotten you 5 titles, and is in the twighlight of his career. Only a few actually question his value to the game, now they're just taking a few light shots in what will likely be his last season :laugh2:

Burkey3472
07-23-2015, 09:59 AM
I'm sure there have been multiple high profile players that don't call/text a new arriving player so it really isn't a big deal. The awkward silence was funny but this will have zero effect on how the Lakers will play this season.

Tony_Starks
07-23-2015, 10:01 AM
It's all fun and games, just funny how Clipper fans are poking their little chest out now.

Clipper fans we watched you grow up to be famous, now we smile like a proud Dad watching his only son that made it......

2-ONE-5
07-23-2015, 10:07 AM
Good, top 3 pick here we come!

noooooo gotta be 4th!

JasonJohnHorn
07-23-2015, 11:06 AM
lol

Clippersfan86
07-23-2015, 11:47 AM
It's all fun and games, just funny how Clipper fans are poking their little chest out now.

Clipper fans we watched you grow up to be famous, now we smile like a proud Dad watching his only son that made it......

Nobody is poking their chests out bro. Just posting news that was funny and making rounds in the media. Is it also funny to you how when DJ was gonna leave Lakers fans came out of the woodworks to rip them apart and say "same old Clippers?". Trust me if there is any hostility between the fanbases, 90 percent of it is from Lakers fans. Personally I'm indifferent about the Lakers. Not fond of them, but also don't hate them like I do the Warriors/Grizzlies/Thunder.

beasted86
07-23-2015, 11:53 AM
Not worth defending.
Of course it's not worth defending. I don't know why that poster was trying

But yeah, since im sure that you know this for a fact based on a video on the internet... then I guess were in for one terrible season once again coz Kobe isnt texting, calling or sending tweets to his new teammates. too fckin bad im so worried already. Yeah, I know it as a fact. In fact I was the one who made it up. You saw those puppet strings how I was controlling those 3 dudes, right? Cool trick, huh?

Mobile dweebs nowadays.
Dweebs? Who uses that word? I feel like I just took a time-machine to an episode of "Saved By The Bell."

D-Leethal
07-23-2015, 11:55 AM

Come one I am a Kobe supporter but the dude should show some kind of love to his new veteran teammates. Send a freakin' text message. Its not "every teammate" but these were the "marquee" FA acquisitions for LA this year. Kobe can shoot them a text and say welcome.

I love when players are standoffish against their opponents - but Kobe already has that rep with his teammates and he should send them a text to avoid articles like this and awkwardness before the season even comes close to starting.

Why would they text Kobe? That would be weird as ****. It's called welcoming someone to the club. You get a new job don't people come in say whats up and introduce themselves to YOU? Try to make you feel comfortable in your new work environment? Its standard protocol, Kobe should've done it.

beasted86
07-23-2015, 12:04 PM
This pretty much

Boo-Hoo Kobe Bryant never texted/tweeted/called them to say welcome to the lakers. Cry me a river.
He doesn't have to, but its not a sign of good leadership to do them like that.

Tony_Starks
07-23-2015, 12:18 PM

Nobody is poking their chests out bro. Just posting news that was funny and making rounds in the media. Is it also funny to you how when DJ was gonna leave Lakers fans came out of the woodworks to rip them apart and say "same old Clippers?". Trust me if there is any hostility between the fanbases, 90 percent of it is from Lakers fans. Personally I'm indifferent about the Lakers. Not fond of them, but also don't hate them like I do the Warriors/Grizzlies/Thunder.

I would say the attitude of the majority of Laker fans I know toward the clippers is pure amusement, not hostility.

It's like watching your little bro who used to be a nerd finally start being able to pull a modest share of girls. You're like awwwww, good job man, maybe one day you'll actually seal the deal with one of them like I've been doing for years!

8kobe24
07-23-2015, 12:38 PM

lmao, social media kids trippin because kobe did not text, tweet, post a clip in IG of him twerkin for joy because he got new teammates. Boo frackin hoo... Everyone knows kobe is all about goin to work period. Nothing else matters. If you're his teammates then you better be ready to do the same. If you can't handle that, then you best be somewhere else. I don't even think any of those guys expected anything from kobe. Its just the kids in PSD crying as usual.." mommy... kobe not playing nice...mommy...kobe no text me...mommy"

ManRam
07-23-2015, 12:43 PM

Before your post, literally not a single person said anything negative about Kobe besides MAYBE "this could get ugly". Deep breaths!

And there's no media spin here. They were asked a question, and their reaction to it is all there is to glean from it.

Probably a non-story. While you'd probably expect most leaders on most teams to do just that, it probably won't have a single tangible impact on anything once the games are actually being played. But that was certainly incredibly awkward :laugh:

nickdymez
07-23-2015, 12:47 PM
Before your post, literally not a single person said anything negative about Kobe besides MAYBE "this could get ugly". Deep breaths!

And there's no media spin here. They were asked a question, and their reaction to it is all there is to glean from it.

Probably a non-story. While you'd probably expect most leaders on most teams to do just that, it probably won't have a single tangible impact on anything once the games are actually being played. But that was certainly incredibly awkward [emoji23]
The Lakers pr are having players refrain from talking about kobe in the media. Those guys look like they were trolling honestly.

5ass
07-23-2015, 12:52 PM
Guys Kobe just wants to win, he has no time to be texting new teammates and making them feel more comfortable in a new environment. This has NOTHING to do with leadership. His only job is to go out there and shoot. We all know Kobe is a great leader because 5 RINGZ.

Kobephiles are just failing to be objective as usual. Just admit he's displaying poor leadership. Why do you have to defend everything?

KnicksorBust
07-23-2015, 01:10 PM
Not a story but a hilarious clip.

Tony_Starks
07-23-2015, 01:13 PM
I heard Lebron text Richard Jefferson as soon as they got him. D Wade facetimed Gerald Green and Amare Stoudamire too.

After all that's the superstars job right......

D-Leethal
07-23-2015, 03:03 PM
I heard Lebron text Richard Jefferson as soon as they got him. D Wade facetimed Gerald Green and Amare Stoudamire too.

I wouldn't expect him to do it for end of the bench vet min guys - but veteran starters making big money that the Lakers signed hoping to make a playoff push? Everyone does it, a name like Kobe shoulda done it.

And I would be willing to bet Wade reached out to Amare right away.

Tony_Starks
07-23-2015, 03:43 PM

I wouldn't expect him to do it for end of the bench vet min guys - but veteran starters making big money that the Lakers signed hoping to make a playoff push? Everyone does it, a name like Kobe shoulda done it.

And I would be willing to bet Wade reached out to Amare right away.

Well if we go by the past I know Swaggy P said Kobe hit him up right away and he was trippin thinking someone was pranking him. Randle said Kobe reached out to him. Wesley Johnson said Kobe hit him up,in fact they were working out the whole summer. So I don't think it will be a issue, he's probably still in rehab mode.

It will be interesting to see how Hibbert handles Kobe though. I'm not sure if he's some sensitive guy,undercover weirdo or gaylord or whatever but something non-basketball related had him all screwed up mentally in Indy. Hopefully he can focus and the change of scenery will have him in beast mode.

cg_la00
07-23-2015, 04:40 PM
Come one I am a Kobe supporter but the dude should show some kind of love to his new veteran teammates. Send a freakin' text message. Its not "every teammate" but these were the "marquee" FA acquisitions for LA this year. Kobe can shoot them a text and say welcome.

I love when players are standoffish against their opponents - but Kobe already has that rep with his teammates and he should send them a text to avoid articles like this and awkwardness before the season even comes close to starting.

Why would they text Kobe? That would be weird as ****. It's called welcoming someone to the club. You get a new job don't people come in say whats up and introduce themselves to YOU? Try to make you feel comfortable in your new work environment? Its standard protocol, Kobe should've done it.

I don't agree, Kobe doesn't have an obligation to do so. Barkley was on this morning on mike and mike saying the same thing. He never reached out to role players

He doesn't have to, but its not a sign of good leadership to do them like that.

Kobe has never been a leader, fisher was the leader every time they won those championships. I never expect Kobe to reach out to every player that the lakers sign

Mave1002
07-23-2015, 10:09 PM
Of course it's not worth defending. I don't know why that poster was trying

Yeah, I know it as a fact. In fact I was the one who made it up. You saw those puppet strings how I was controlling those 3 dudes, right? Cool trick, huh?

Dweebs? Who uses that word? I feel like I just took a time-machine to an episode of "Saved By The Bell."

For some reason I was not surprised that you just responded to sarcasm like this... :D

Mave1002
07-23-2015, 10:11 PM

Dont you forget the tweeting!!! :up:

Mave1002
07-23-2015, 10:13 PM
Kobe Bryant should have his fckin phonebook updated. Bad man.

Mcdoh
07-23-2015, 10:26 PM
awkward.. anyway its just part of his personality...

Jamiecballer
07-24-2015, 12:59 PM
that was pretty good. guess the interviewer thought it was safe to assume that kobe had reached out.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-24-2015, 03:49 PM
Colby Brian eats first

Gritz
07-24-2015, 05:13 PM
Why is Bass camouflaging with the background

HeatFan
07-24-2015, 10:58 PM
Did they rehearse all that awkwardness?

apocalypse15
07-24-2015, 11:23 PM
The Lakers pr are having players refrain from talking about kobe in the media. Those guys look like they were trolling honestly.

You really didn't find their faces priceless? Even if they were trolling how would you even know? They asked if they had spoken to Kobe. Lighten up.