PDA

View Full Version : 2015-2016 western conference playoff standings predictions

CousinsEvansDUO
07-22-2015, 02:41 AM
1.Warriors: The champions, coming off one of the best seasons in history, still young and retained all their talent only injuries can stop them from retaining the #1 spot.
2. Spurs. Revamped roster that just drank the Gatorade energizer juice pack by adding Aldridge. HOF roster HOF coach easily top two.
3. Clips. Tremendous depth added to already a stacked team.
4. Rockets. Harded is pretty good, I still like tyreke Evans 7 days out of the week but the coach and teamwork is what will keep them in the playoffs.
5. Pelicans. Evans and Davis continuing to improve.
6. KINGS. They have one of the deepest benches. Top 10Pg, top 15 pg DPOY in WCS and a top 5 player MVP candidate in cousins, top 5 SF in gay and a HOF coach.
7. grizzlies: their roster is old and will likely dwindle away.
8.OKC. I predict a Durant or Westbrook trade to the eastern conference.

What are your predictions?

goingfor28
07-22-2015, 02:43 AM
Spurs
Clips
Warriors
Okc
Rockets
Grizz
Pelicans
Suns

sagemania
07-22-2015, 06:38 AM
Warriors
Spurs
Houston
Thunder
Clippers
Grizzlies'
Pelicans
Suns

KnicksorBust
07-22-2015, 06:55 AM
Locks:
Warriors
Spurs
Clippers

Close to it:
Rockets
OKC
Grizzlies

Last 2 spots:
Pelicans
Wolves

DanG
07-22-2015, 08:33 AM
Ranking these teams is very tricky, but just off my gut feeling:

1. Spurs
2. OKC
3. Warriors
4. Clippers

That's if everyone is healthy of course. It could really go either way if one of these teams match up because the gap is minimal.

Next I have teams who are still one piece away from the top IMO

5. Rockets
6. Grizzlies

Then a slight gap

7. Pelicans

And the 8th seed is wide open. It just comes down to who stays healthy.

If I had to put my money on some team it would still be the warriors, because OKC and especially Spurs are more injury prone. And at this point we don't know what KD will look like so he is a question mark also.

sagemania
07-22-2015, 10:05 AM

1. Spurs
2. OKC
3. Warriors
4. Clippers

That's if everyone is healthy of course. It could really go either way if one of these teams match up because the gap is minimal.

5. Rockets
6. Grizzlies

Then a slight gap

7. Pelicans

If I had to put my money on some team it would still be the warriors, because OKC and especially Spurs are more injury prone. And at this point we don't know what KD will look like so he is a question mark also.

What piece are the Rockets missing?. they have the best point guard rotation in the league now with Ty Lawson and Beverley. They have Harden at the 2, they have Ariza, Brewer and McDaniels at the 3. They have one of the best skilled low post scorers in the league in Montiunes and Terrence is a starting Calibare PF backing him up.Then they have the most dominant defensive big man in Dwight at C. Capella is another athletic freak backing him up.

Thumper 88
07-22-2015, 10:12 AM

1. Spurs
2. OKC
3. Warriors
4. Clippers

5. Rockets
6. Grizzlies

Then a slight gap

7. Pelicans

This looks very solid.

The 8th spot will come down to probably

Suns
Mavs
& Maybe
Kings
Jazz

Jumba
07-22-2015, 10:26 AM
1. Spurs
2. Clippers
3. Warriors
4. Thunder
5. Grizzlies
6. Rockets
7. Jazz
8. Pelicans

gatkins11
07-22-2015, 10:32 AM

1. Spurs
2. OKC
3. Warriors
4. Clippers

5. Rockets
6. Grizzlies

Then a slight gap

7. Pelicans

Good post. I agree.

beasted86
07-22-2015, 10:37 AM
Warriors
Thunder
Clippers
Rockets
Spurs
Grizzlies
Pelicans
Kings

dalton749
07-22-2015, 01:40 PM
Clippers
Warriors
Spurs
Rockets
Thunder
Grizzlies
Jazz
Pelicans

Hawkeye15
07-22-2015, 02:38 PM
Locks:
Warriors
Spurs
Clippers

Close to it:
Rockets
OKC
Grizzlies

Last 2 spots:
Pelicans
Wolves

my Puppies are a year away my friend, too soon.......:)

Scoots
07-22-2015, 03:34 PM
What piece are the Rockets missing?. they have the best point guard rotation in the league now with Ty Lawson and Beverley. They have Harden at the 2, they have Ariza, Brewer and McDaniels at the 3. They have one of the best skilled low post scorers in the league in Montiunes and Terrence is a starting Calibare PF backing him up.Then they have the most dominant defensive big man in Dwight at C. Capella is another athletic freak backing him up.

I think the Rockets have never been better, but I'll take Curry/Livingston over Beverley/Lawson at PG no question. If a team had 2 above average SGs would they have a better SG rotation than the Rockets? I don't think Dwight is "the most dominant defensive big man" either, but he's no slouch.

Back on the main topic ... the Jazz are being overlooked a lot here.

Scoots
07-22-2015, 03:35 PM
Steve Kerr said he was delighted that the Spurs/Clippers are favored to play in the WCF ... it's not common for the title winning team to get to play the underdog role.

Hawkeye15
07-22-2015, 03:59 PM
Steve Kerr said he was delighted that the Spurs/Clippers are favored to play in the WCF ... it's not common for the title winning team to get to play the underdog role.

they won't be an underdog to the teams they are playing though. Just because the media or potentially Vegas paint them as inferior (I can't figure out how the Warriors aren't Vegas favorite to win it all next year), doesn't mean every team knows the Warriors are currently the team to beat until proven otherwise.

astrosmaniac
07-22-2015, 04:18 PM
I really think it's pretty useless to do this exercise because the top 5 are all so close that a single injury could change the entire landscape (like durant's did this year). I think the warriors are clearly #1, but then I think you could have a completely valid argument for any of OKC/Hou/SA/LAC to be the #2. Gonna be a really fun season.

rhino17
07-22-2015, 04:24 PM
1) GSW
2) Rockets
3) Clippers
4) Spurs
5) Thunder
6) Grizzlies
7) Pelis
8) Jazz

gatkins11
07-22-2015, 06:53 PM
my Puppies are a year away my friend, too soon.......:)

I really like what MIN has done. They've got a solid core going forward.

numba1CHANGsta
07-22-2015, 07:52 PM
1-Warriors
2-Spurs
3-Clippers
4-OKC
5-Rockets
6-Grizz
7-Pelicans
8-Doesn't matter

JordansBulls
07-23-2015, 09:15 PM
Don't see the Warriors with the best record this year, they may take there gas off the peddle. I sense it may be OKC who has it or the LAC.

setman2000
07-23-2015, 10:02 PM
A guy from Sacramento creates a thread just so he can say the dysfunctional Kings will be the 6th best team in the West. OK

houstonfan
07-23-2015, 10:25 PM
So we just going to pretend he didn't say he would take Tyreke over Harden?

xxplayerxx23
07-23-2015, 10:31 PM
warriors
Thunder
Spurs
Clippers
Houston
Memphis
Pelicans
Jazz

Cal827
07-23-2015, 10:45 PM
A guy from Sacramento creates a thread just so he can say the dysfunctional Kings will be the 6th best team in the West. OK

HOW DARE YOU MOCK COUSINSEVANSDUO?! He's probably the most hardcore fan out there of any team. I could only admire his dedication to his Kings :clap:

rockets-fan
07-23-2015, 10:47 PM
GSW
Rockets
SA
Clips
OKC
Mem
NOLA
Mavs

Bostonjorge
07-23-2015, 10:47 PM
GS vs OKC
And
Spurs vs clips rematch

Best playoff match ups

Cal827
07-23-2015, 10:48 PM
Anyways:

1. OKC
2. Warriors
3. Rockets
4. Spurs
5. Grizzlies
6. Clippers
7. Pelicans
8. One of Suns/Kings/Jazz

.......How does the west look more and more brutal each season? :laugh2:

goose15
07-23-2015, 11:28 PM
Warriors
Spurs
Thunder
Clippers
Rockets
Grizzles
Pelicans
Kings

Tony_Starks
07-24-2015, 12:18 AM
1. Warriors
2. Spurs
3. OKC
4. Clippers
5. Rockets
6. Kings
7. Lakers
8. NO

Yeah yeah yeah....... whatever, keep hope alive!

MonroeFAN
07-24-2015, 06:20 AM
Put cousinsevoduo out of his misery already PSD authority.