PDA

View Full Version : Matt Barnes: "I'll fight Serge Ibaka right now. I don't like him"

Clippersfan86
07-21-2015, 07:57 PM
Matt Barnes on Ibaka "Me and Serge can fight right now if he was here. I just don't like him. Thinks he's tough."

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=13296782&ex_cid=SportsnationTW

Interesting.

Serge's response:

Serge Ibaka ✔@sergeibaka9
@danawhite @ufc are you interested? LOL https://twitter.com/sportsnation/status/623577999431061504
2:08 PM - 21 Jul 2015

Tony_Starks
07-21-2015, 08:04 PM
I wanna fight Ibaka just for bagging my girl Kerri Hilson!

She's a bad chick

Clippersfan86
07-21-2015, 08:11 PM
Barnes will fit right in with the Grizzlies lol. Love that fit for him.

Sadds The Gr8
07-21-2015, 08:17 PM
Serge would ruin him

Sadds The Gr8
07-21-2015, 08:18 PM
I wanna fight Ibaka just for bagging my girl Kerri Hilson!

She's a bad chick
I loved her back in like 08

Clippersfan86
07-21-2015, 08:19 PM
I loved her back in like 08

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNvbS0XUZWU

This song is all I think of haha. It went hard on bass and Wayne's verse, although silly was fun at that time.

GiantsSwaGG
07-21-2015, 08:23 PM
Serge would beat the living daylight out of Barnes

WVNowitzki
07-21-2015, 08:31 PM
So you intentionally misquoted him in the title, to get clicks (gur hur I clicked it) and then quoted in correctly in the thread?

This forum is a breeding ground of *****.

Clippersfan86
07-21-2015, 08:36 PM
So you intentionally misquoted him in the title, to get clicks (gur hur I clicked it) and then quoted in correctly in the thread?

This forum is a breeding ground of *****.

Why so sensitive? I paraphrased a bit (remaining extremely accurate to his point) to fit it in the title.. relax. Are you really going to nitpick when he really did say this? All I did was shorten it up.

What I said: "I'll fight Serge Ibaka right now"
What Barnes said "Me and Serge can fight right now"

What I said: "I don't like him"
What Barnes said: "I just don't like him. He thinks he's tough"

Yes... I was totally twisting words to get clicks :rolleyes:. Go cry somewhere else.

Jeffy25
07-21-2015, 08:37 PM
I don't understand why anyone listens to, cares about, or discusses this crap?

It's childish drama being done by grown men.

Grown men talking about fighting each other in a professional league.....it seems so childish.

I guess I don't understand the interest.

Saddletramp
07-21-2015, 08:50 PM
Matt Barnes is one of the only guys I'd root against in a fight with Serge "Nut Swing" Ibaka.

That's saying something.

Clippersfan86
07-21-2015, 09:10 PM
I don't understand why anyone listens to, cares about, or discusses this crap?

It's childish drama being done by grown men.

Grown men talking about fighting each other in a professional league.....it seems so childish.

I guess I don't understand the interest.

I think it's hilarious and adds entertainment. Nowadays guys are all buddy, buddy... this kind of stuff reminds me of the 90's when guys wouldn't hesitate to trash an opponent in the media.

Jeffy25
07-21-2015, 09:33 PM
I think it's hilarious and adds entertainment. Nowadays guys are all buddy, buddy... this kind of stuff reminds me of the 90's when guys wouldn't hesitate to trash an opponent in the media.

I suppose I don't understand.

I enjoy basketball, and I love the NBA because of that.

But this stuff, the childish drama, the flash, the balla kind of attitudes....annoys me.

But that's just me. I'm white and boring :)

Saddletramp
07-21-2015, 09:40 PM
Pretty sure most of the people on PSD are white and boring.

KnicksorBust
07-21-2015, 09:43 PM

But this stuff, the childish drama, the flash, the balla kind of attitudes....annoys me.

I would much rather hear about two players that hate each other then hear about Paul, Wade and Lebron taking vacations together. You think MJ and Isiah were sipping Pina Coladas on the beach after the playoffs? Hell no.

I don't want more Ty Lawson stories but sign me up for more competitive players like Matt Barnes.

mightybosstone
07-21-2015, 09:56 PM
Is there a bigger D-bag in the whole league right now than Matt Barnes? Actually, on second thought, if you had only five candidates for "Biggest D-Bag in the League" award, both of these guys would almost absolutely get nominated, wouldn't they?

This makes me really want there to be like an Academy Awards ceremony for NBA awards. Like with presenters and speeches and everyone dressed up in suits with ****ing George Clooney and Brad Pitt getting panned to every five seconds. Except instead of them just announcing positive awards like MVP and DPOY, I want there to be awards like "Biggest D-Bag" and "Worst Perimeter Defender." Can you imagine Charlie Villanueva receiving the award for "Ugliest Player" and them panning over to KG the entire time Villanueva is giving his speech? How much fun would this be to watch!?!?!

D-Leethal
07-21-2015, 10:37 PM
Ibaka is from the ****ing Congo and stepped to Ron Artest on multiple occasions, he would destroy skinny *** Barnes and probably stir fry his toes and eat them.

Ty Fast
07-21-2015, 10:44 PM
Id like to fight Chris Brousard

Clippersfan86
07-21-2015, 11:39 PM
I would much rather hear about two players that hate each other then hear about Paul, Wade and Lebron taking vacations together. You think MJ and Isiah were sipping Pina Coladas on the beach after the playoffs? Hell no.

I don't want more Ty Lawson stories but sign me up for more competitive players like Matt Barnes.

Pretty much. I find it extra entertaining because I don't like Ibaka. He's dirty and constantly runs his mouth on the court. Much like Barnes he's a guy that you hate if he isn't on your team because he acts like a D-Bag. I'm sure I'll go back to disliking Barnes this year too.

Clippersfan86
07-21-2015, 11:41 PM
Is there a bigger D-bag in the whole league right now than Matt Barnes? Actually, on second thought, if you had only five candidates for "Biggest D-Bag in the League" award, both of these guys would almost absolutely get nominated, wouldn't they?

This makes me really want there to be like an Academy Awards ceremony for NBA awards. Like with presenters and speeches and everyone dressed up in suits with ****ing George Clooney and Brad Pitt getting panned to every five seconds. Except instead of them just announcing positive awards like MVP and DPOY, I want there to be awards like "Biggest D-Bag" and "Worst Perimeter Defender." Can you imagine Charlie Villanueva receiving the award for "Ugliest Player" and them panning over to KG the entire time Villanueva is giving his speech? How much fun would this be to watch!?!?!

Really they are both one in the same in terms of their mentality and how they annoy anybody who doesn't root for the team they play for. I hate Ibaka more than just about anyone in the NBA. I just have trouble respecting a guy who can't boxout without cheap shotting a man in the nuts on multiple occasions. Or the fact that he can't block guys without getting in their face and letting them hear about it, or using his stolen finger wag move. He's basically very obnoxious and boastful.

COOLbeans
07-22-2015, 12:16 AM

And besides, the media didn't and couldn't report on it like they do now, and the public didn't obsess over it.

I'm sure fights and acts of masculinity have always been apart of professional sports.

Phantom Dreamer
07-22-2015, 02:57 AM

I don't want more Ty Lawson stories but sign me up for more competitive players like Matt Barnes.I like how you're comparing MJ and Isiah to two scrubs like Barnes and Ibaka.

nickdymez
07-22-2015, 03:03 AM
Reading through these crybaby *** posts, I see why I get banned all the time here. A bunch a complaining *******. Don't ****in click the thread

Gander13SM
07-22-2015, 04:03 AM
I have to admit I dont agree with the violence and acting tough (why can't you just criticise his game?)

But I do miss the "personalities" the league used to have. John Salley for example was a really witty guy. When asked at a press conference about how they plan to beat Chicago and who would handle the bulk of their scoring down the stretch he said something along the lines of: "We're a team, we will handle it together. If we relied on one guy to do all the scoring we wouldn't be called a basketball team. We would be called the Chicago Bulls"

That still makes me chuckle to this day. Can you imagine if a Warriors player or Memphis player said that about Harden or LeBron or whatever? Pmsl. Just wouldn't happen these days.

Players when they do talk trash now seem to resort to violent threats. They're not as clever or as witty as they were before for the most part. They're getting dumber (not all obviously, but in general).

Phantom Dreamer
07-22-2015, 04:17 AM
Reading through these crybaby *** posts, I see why I get banned all the time here. A bunch a complaining *******. Don't ****in click the threadIt's fake though, Barnes is just an attention whore. Why else would anyone bring up his name?

Gander13SM
07-22-2015, 05:11 AM
It's fake though, Barnes is just an attention whore. Why else would anyone bring up his name?

I thought he was a blood or a crip or something? Wasn't he throwing up gang signs during a game a while back?

sep11ie
07-22-2015, 06:23 AM
Lol at Barnes calling someone a fake tough guy.

sep11ie
07-22-2015, 06:25 AM
I thought he was a blood or a crip or something? Wasn't he throwing up gang signs during a game a while back?

I know JR Smith did.

KnicksorBust
07-22-2015, 06:50 AM

I don't want more Ty Lawson stories but sign me up for more competitive players like Matt Barnes.I like how you're comparing MJ and Isiah to two scrubs like Barnes and Ibaka.

That's the whole point homey. Most of the top stars are all buddy buddy now. Guys like Kobe, KG, and Pierce are on their way out.

goose15
07-22-2015, 06:59 AM
Id like to fight Chris Brousard

:jumpy::jumpy::jumpy:

Gander13SM
07-22-2015, 07:04 AM
I know JR Smith did.

Maybe it's him I was thinking of.

Jeffy25
07-22-2015, 08:05 AM
That's the whole point homey. Most of the top stars are all buddy buddy now. Guys like Kobe, KG, and Pierce are on their way out.

I'm not asking for buddy buddy either.

It's just, none of this has anything to do with what happens on the court.

Love another player, hate another player.....whatever.

But the drama, thug acting stuff is just silly, no reason for it to even be discussed/addressed in my opinion....but again, this is just my opinion.

Jeffy25
07-22-2015, 08:07 AM
I have to admit I dont agree with the violence and acting tough (why can't you just criticise his game?)

But I do miss the "personalities" the league used to have. John Salley for example was a really witty guy. When asked at a press conference about how they plan to beat Chicago and who would handle the bulk of their scoring down the stretch he said something along the lines of: "We're a team, we will handle it together. If we relied on one guy to do all the scoring we wouldn't be called a basketball team. We would be called the Chicago Bulls"

That still makes me chuckle to this day. Can you imagine if a Warriors player or Memphis player said that about Harden or LeBron or whatever? Pmsl. Just wouldn't happen these days.

Players when they do talk trash now seem to resort to violent threats. They're not as clever or as witty as they were before for the most part. They're getting dumber (not all obviously, but in general).

Yeah, I dig that.

That's fine, light trash talking with subtle jabs..

Cool.

But this wanna be stuff is just not a good look (in my opinion).

Byronicle
07-22-2015, 08:39 AM
Matt Barnes is the biggest poser. This is his only way to stay relevant

If you actually youtube videos of Matt Barnes and "fight" or whatever, you would notice he just fronts and occasionally pushes someone from their blindside

He's like that little kid that talks a lot of trash in the school yard but always hides behind the teachers.

Serge Ibaka would only need to do what he did to Dunleavy. He is going to pull the death grip, and suck his soul "The Mummy" style.

Ariza's Better
07-22-2015, 08:56 AM
God Ibaka and Barnes sound like children. They sound like they are gearing up for summerslam. All this fake "I want to fight him" ******** is so lame.

Tony_Starks
07-22-2015, 09:30 AM

Coming from a guy that has Patrick Beverly on his team I find this post quite ironic....

Vee-Rex
07-22-2015, 12:58 PM
I'm not asking for buddy buddy either.

It's just, none of this has anything to do with what happens on the court.

Love another player, hate another player.....whatever.

But the drama, thug acting stuff is just silly, no reason for it to even be discussed/addressed in my opinion....but again, this is just my opinion.

I like how white people nowadays love to use 'thug' since they can't use the other word.

Anyway, who cares. They're not friendly and they have an issue with one another. Grow up in certain areas and you hear that **** all the time. Stop being sensitive and just ignore it. It's life.

Yes, I understand it's 'unnecessary' and everything but who cares? So is a lot of other crap in life. You rarely hear one NBA player say this about another so it becomes news.