PDA

View Full Version : Make a Bold Prediction

Gander13SM
07-20-2015, 04:29 PM
I know its still early but for the upcoming season, let's see you guys come up with something that is bold but not completely impossible. Just for fun, might spark some interesting discussions. People might want to bookmark for checking over this time next year to see if they got it right haha.

My four predictions;

1. Spurs won't make the finals. Not because I don't like them (I'm a huge fan of Duncan, Parker etc see my sig). But because I feel like the West is a bloodbath. And although most people seem to have them as favourites out West, I'm sceptical. Even if I am a big fan of the system, Pop and most of their players haha.

2. For only the second time in the last 12 years, a big man will win 6th man of the year.

3. The 10th seed in the West will have a better record than the 4th seed in the East.

4. Warriors will repeat. By beating the Cavs... in four games.

And one for future reference;

5. Sometime in the next 3 years, Anthony Davis will become just the third player in NBA history to win the MVP and DPOY in the same year.

warfelg
07-20-2015, 04:37 PM
I know its still early but for the upcoming season, let's see you guys come up with something that is bold but not completely impossible. Just for fun, might spark some interesting discussions. People might want to bookmark for checking over this time next year to see if they got it right haha.

My four predictions;

1. Spurs won't make the finals. Not because I don't like them (I'm a huge fan of Duncan, Parker etc see my sig). But because I feel like the West is a bloodbath. And although most people seem to have them as favourites out West, I'm sceptical. Even if I am a big fan of the system, Pop and most of their players haha.

2. For only the second time in the last 12 years, a big man will win 6th man of the year.

3. The 10th seed in the West will have a better record than the 4th seed in the East.

4. Warriors will repeat. By beating the Cavs... in four games.

And one for future reference;

5. Sometime in the next 3 years, Anthony Davis will become just the third player in NBA history to win the MVP and DPOY in the same year.

No chance in hell the bolder happens. That means the 10 seed in the West would (based on the 2014-15 season) have to win 50 games. Based on match ups and schedule alone that means some team in the west would have to finish with about 12 wins or less.

Would also mean the 3 of the top seed have to have historic 70 win seasons in the east to put enough losses on the 4 seed on down.

Gander13SM
07-20-2015, 04:42 PM
No chance in hell the bolder happens. That means the 10 seed in the West would (based on the 2014-15 season) have to win 50 games. Based on match ups and schedule alone that means some team in the west would have to finish with about 12 wins or less.

Would also mean the 3 of the top seed have to have historic 70 win seasons in the east to put enough losses on the 4 seed on down.

1. It's called a bold prediction for a reason. It's supposed to be crap odds.

2. Last season the 9th seed in the West was 4 wins short of matching the 4th seed in the East. West has since gotten better. East has gotten worst.

Improbable but not impossible. Hence the "bold" prediction. :)

NYKnickFanatic
07-20-2015, 04:52 PM
Bucks will be a top 3 team in the East.

BKLYNpigeon
07-20-2015, 04:57 PM
Warriors repeat!

Hawkeye15
07-20-2015, 05:00 PM
Ricky Rubio shoots over 40% from the field.

bucketss
07-20-2015, 05:03 PM
1. raptors make ecf
2. knicks win lottery with low odds(denver swaps)
3. memphis nba finals, gasol mvp

GREATNESS ONE
07-20-2015, 05:31 PM
The Raiders win the Super Bowl ;)

Vinylman
07-20-2015, 05:34 PM
Durant plays less games in 15-16 than he did in 14-15

5ass
07-20-2015, 05:42 PM
My bold prediction is none of these predictions come true.

warfelg
07-20-2015, 05:54 PM

The only one I see happening is #5.

#3 to me is so insanely stupid that it's not even a bold prediction. To me a "bold prediction" means there's a legitimate chance of happening.

By bold prediction is the East standings goes
1) Cleveland
2) Washington
3) Milwaukee
4) Miami
5) Chicago
6) Toronto
7) Indiana
8) Orlando

Only reason I see Toronto in is someone has to wo the Atlantic division.

LakersIn5
07-20-2015, 05:54 PM
Jordan clarkson averages 20ppg and julius randle averages 15ppg 8rpg in november. Lakers then trade clarkson, randle, young, fillers for a disgruntled FA to be kevin durant after he had a fist fight with westbrook. Durant then signs a 2 year max extension and delay his free agency until 2018. With clarkson out drussel will start to pick it up and climb up the ROY ladder. Kobe returns to pre injury form and the big 3 of kobe,kd and russell lead the lakers to championship #17

Or lakers stay put miss the playoffs. Have the 10th worst record but manages to defy the odds and win the lottery due to basketball reasons

warfelg
07-20-2015, 06:01 PM
Sixers, after lottery night, have picks #1, #4, #11, #15.

xxplayerxx23
07-20-2015, 06:07 PM
Knicks make the playoffs

GiantsSwaGG
07-20-2015, 07:23 PM
Ricky Rubio shoots over 40% from the field.

Be realistic plz

My bold prediction:

Beal and Wall will take a big leap and end up being all stars

The Wizards and Cavs will play in the ECF

The Spurs will be first round exists

The Grizzlies will make the finals

HoopsDrive
07-20-2015, 07:25 PM
Raptors win a playoff game.

Tony_Starks
07-20-2015, 07:29 PM
-Roy Hibbert wins most improved player

-DJ shoots a even worse FG% than last season

-Carmelo gets traded to the Bulls and Gasol reunites with Phil Jackson.

- The Bulls beat Cleveland making Lebron fans blame Kevin Love and demand he be traded.

-Kobe and Westbrook drop 50 against each other. KD promptly demands trade. Kobe promptly gets hurt.

-George Karl gets fired mid season, Mark Jackson takes over and Boogie ends up runner up for MVP ( which goes to Paul George)

xxplayerxx23
07-20-2015, 07:30 PM

- The Bulls beat Cleveland making Lebron fans blame Kevin Love and demand he be traded.

-Kobe and Westbrook drop 50 against each other. KD promptly demands trade. Kobe promptly gets hurt.

-George Karl gets fired mid season, Mark Jackson takes over and Boogie ends up runner up for MVP ( which goes to Paul George)

No way
No way
No way
No way
No way
Lol

Bostonjorge
07-20-2015, 07:32 PM
Kobe has a 60 point game

Westbrook becomes a healthy OKC teams best player

Clippers win the championship

Dallas don't make the playoffs

Paul George single handily has his team in the top 4 east playoffs

Jordan clarkson gets rookie and sophomore game MVP

Sixers trade okafor for winning to many games

Gander13SM
07-20-2015, 07:40 PM

Technically that's not a bold prediction. Just saying...

FraziersKnicks
07-20-2015, 07:55 PM
Knicks hover around .500 and sneak into the playoffs.

The Cavs win 60+ and LeBron wins MVP averaging 25/5/7 on 50% shooting (not that bold actually).

Bulls blow it up midseason trading everyone of any value (Rose, Gasol, Noah) apart from Jimmy Butler.

The Lakers struggle early and an impatient Kobe in his final season forces them to trade D'Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins.

Ty Fast
07-20-2015, 08:21 PM
Philly wont be as bad as people think (Okafor wins ROY)
D-Wade plays in over 70 games
Boogie demands a trade
Lilard puts up 25/game
Spurs win the title

TylerSL
07-20-2015, 08:29 PM
Barring anything drastic changing the landscape of the NBA here are my predictions.

1. The Golden State Warriors claim the top seed in the Western Conference again, lose in 2nd round.

2. Toronto Raptors struggle mightily, end up the #8 seed and suffer another quick playoff exit.

3. The Los Angeles Clippers lose in the 1st Round.

4. The Miami Heat take the #3 seed in the conference, make the conference finals and push the top seeded Cavaliers to 7 games (and if any of Lebron, Kyrie, or Love go down, Miami would win)

5. The Utah Jazz finish #9 in the West

Tony_Starks
07-20-2015, 09:05 PM
Knicks hover around .500 and sneak into the playoffs.

The Cavs win 60+ and LeBron wins MVP averaging 25/5/7 on 50% shooting (not that bold actually).

Bulls blow it up midseason trading everyone of any value (Rose, Gasol, Noah) apart from Jimmy Butler.

The Lakers struggle early and an impatient Kobe in his final season forces them to trade D'Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins.

.500 ball doesn't "sneak" you into the playoffs in the east. 500 ball has you potentially second round in the east.

Alayla
07-20-2015, 09:30 PM
Okafor will be much worse than people think offensively.
Joel Embiid will play next season (not this coming one though)

FraziersKnicks
07-20-2015, 09:48 PM
.500 ball doesn't "sneak" you into the playoffs in the east. 500 ball has you potentially second round in the east.

Meh, last year maybe. .500 gets you the 8th seed in 2013-14 and 2012-13 and doesn't even get you in the playoffs in 2011-12. I hope for our sake you're right though, but there are some nice young teams coming through the East.

kobe4thewinbang
07-20-2015, 09:57 PM
1. A star player on a contender suffers a major injury.
Curry, LeBron, Paul, Aldridge, etc. I'd prefer not.
2. Lakers make the playoffs. Kobe has a healthy and better season.
3. Warriors are eliminated in second round.
4. The Kings function and Rondo has a turnaround season.
5. Nuggets play well off the altitude and make the playoffs.
6. Clippers win championship and Jordan wins Finals MVP.

Hardaway Here
07-20-2015, 11:15 PM
1. Heat go to Finals
2. Cavs lose in 2nd round
3. Clippers go to Finals
4. Portland makes the playoffs off Lilliards back
5. OKC fights for playoff spot due to injuries(Westbrook or Durant)
6. Bulls finally beat Lebron in playoffs

Htownballa1622
07-20-2015, 11:20 PM
Spurs suffer injury to a starter and get bounced in round 1.

zn23
07-20-2015, 11:46 PM
Warriors finish 4th in the West.
Clippers finished 1st in the West.

Kyben36
07-21-2015, 01:56 AM
Bulls are this years GS Wariors, with a new coach, somehow make it to the finals, and may or may not win it all

Cavs will Fire Blatt., Mid Season, because honestly he isnt doing anything for that team. Kyrie will say something to the media about lebron running the offense and everyone will over react. and Kevin love will be traded.

Knicks make the playoffs.

Mudiay leads the nuggets to the playoffs in the west, and wins ROY.

Toronto Homer
07-21-2015, 08:46 AM
Anthony Davis wins the MVP,
Okafor wins ROY
Golden State goes into the playoffs as the #1 seed in the West and lose to the #3 seeded Spurs in WCF.
Cleveland is the #1 seed in the East and beat #3 Raptors in the ECF.
Spurs win the Championship.

2-ONE-5
07-21-2015, 09:23 AM
Sixers win at least 25 games
Pistons make the playoffs
Wall makes All-NBA 1st Team
Lillard wins scoring title (on poor efficiency)
Marc Gasol wins MVP
Lance Stephenson wins 6th Man Of The Year

Dade County
07-21-2015, 10:32 AM
KD gets traded
Miami makes it to the Final's
Spurs get beat in the 2nd rd

Munkeysuit
07-21-2015, 11:00 AM
Bold predictions eh?

1. Lebron James wins his 5th MVP
2. Kobe Bryant suffers another serious injury and retires after next season.
3. Clippers ousted in the 1st round of the playoffs.
4. The Knicks win 50 games
5. Draymond Greene tears ACL
6. John Wall leads team in points/assists/steals/turn overs/fg%/fta
7. Melo wins most improved player
8. Joe Johnson gets traded
9. Lakers miss the playoffs and head to the lottery once again.
10. Bulls trade Joakim Noah

2-ONE-5
07-21-2015, 11:42 AM
how is it possible to Melo to win MIP?

its not

JEDean89
07-21-2015, 11:59 AM
^^^ its not.

MIA is the 2nd seed in the East
OKC is the 1st seed in the West
AD wins MVP
Mudiay wins ROY
Giannis wins MIP
Knicks make the playoffs
Kings make the playoffs

OKC wins the chip.

BoSox47
07-21-2015, 12:53 PM
Celtics win the division and lose in the ECF to Cavs.

(celtics went 24-12 to end last year after trading rondo and green away)

D-Leethal
07-21-2015, 01:04 PM
Bucks pull a Hawks and get the 1 seed.

dalton749
07-21-2015, 02:15 PM
Team based
Derozan is the starting sg in the allstar game(in Toronto)
Raptors get back to a top 10 defence, lose to cavaliers in ecf
Knicks start off well, but melo misses significant time and end up giving the raps a top 5 pick

Jarvo
07-22-2015, 01:50 AM
Some of you are really ****ed up making an injury as a bold prediction..

But anyways

Cavs get beat in the 2nd round by The Bulls or Heat
Okafor or Mudiay wins ROY
Kings/ Pistons make The Playoffs
Wizards make ECF
AD wins MVP & DPOY
Spurs Vs OKC WCF
Wizards Vs Heat or Bulls ECF
Pacers make Playoffs

lol, please
07-22-2015, 02:12 AM
Rockets make the wcf.
Cavs miss the playoffs.
Lee takes the Celtics to the finals.

Saddletramp
07-22-2015, 02:25 AM
Rockets make the wcf.

Not bold

Cavs miss the playoffs.

Now that's so bold it's either crazy or trollin'. Since it's you, it's probably both.

Lee takes the Celtics to the finals.

If the Celtics (with Lee) make it to the Finals (barring any major moves and/or season ending injury to Lebron), I'll tip my hat and permaban myself.

slaker619
07-22-2015, 02:59 AM
Heat WIN IT ! Remember this post !

Kyben36
07-22-2015, 03:01 AM

I find the hibert one very unlikely, although, i allways thought he could be better used in Idiana

Kyben36
07-22-2015, 03:03 AM
Bold predictions eh?

1. Lebron James wins his 5th MVP
2. Kobe Bryant suffers another serious injury and retires after next season.
3. Clippers ousted in the 1st round of the playoffs.
4. The Knicks win 50 games
5. Draymond Greene tears ACL
6. John Wall leads team in points/assists/steals/turn overs/fg%/fta
7. Melo wins most improved player
8. Joe Johnson gets traded
9. Lakers miss the playoffs and head to the lottery once again.
10. Bulls trade Joakim Noah

Lakers dont own their pick. Melo cant win MIP.

Kyben36
07-22-2015, 03:05 AM
HERE Is a good one, very Bold

Lakers Release Kobe when mid season its clear that they will not make it to the playoffs, and he wants 1 last push for a ring to match Michael

He leaves and goes to the bulls, and becomes the final peice and becomes the heart and killer instinct that the teams lacks in the playoffs. through his hard play alone, the team will play better. Bulls win the Championship, and Kobe wins his 6th ring

Kyben36
07-22-2015, 03:10 AM
Okafor will be much worse than people think offensively.
Joel Embiid will play next season (not this coming one though)

I actually think Okafor will be really good offensivly, if he could hit a damn FT, I might want him. I am just the type of guy who cant suport a player who literally cant make something called a Free throw.

IBleedPurple
07-22-2015, 07:33 AM
5. Nuggets play well off the altitude and make the playoffs.Took mine, but saves me the homer shame lol. Honestly expecting poo on the court, but that isn't so bold to predict for DEN.

MELO 15
07-22-2015, 08:25 AM
Deangelo Russell will be a BUST!

WaDe03
07-22-2015, 12:51 PM
Heat win the Championship knocking out the Cavs in the ECF and the Clippers in the Finals

Wade finishes top 5 in MVP

Davis wins DPOY

Giannis MIP

Kobe asks for a trade

Whiteside leads the league in blocks and is top 5 in rebounds

Jordan is a 70% free throw shooter

Suns make the playoffs

Bucks knock out the Bulls in a first round rematch

DanG
07-22-2015, 12:56 PM
1. GSW get eliminated by OKC
2. Kobe stays healthy and Lakers make the playoffs :hope:
3. We have three 60+ win teams
4. We see Cavs vs Heat in the playoffs
5. Spurs won't make WCF
6. We see someone drop 60.
7. Cavs-OKC finals
8. Curry wins MVP
9. Knicks make the playoffs
10. Atlanta fails to win 50 games

TheIlladelph16
07-22-2015, 01:00 PM
Sixers, after lottery night, have picks #1, #4, #11, #15.

I'll take one Ben Simmons please.

2-ONE-5
07-22-2015, 01:25 PM
i think its pretty funny seeing all the heat fans bold predictions.

MonroeFAN
07-22-2015, 01:40 PM
^gingerkids

Hardaway Here
07-22-2015, 01:43 PM
i think its pretty funny seeing all the heat fans bold predictions.

Yeah we're optimistic and believe in what our current roster can do. I don't think the prediction of them making it to ECF/Finals is all that bold, but since we're in the minority that believe it. That makes it such.

MonroeFAN
07-22-2015, 01:47 PM
When is the last time a team went from missing the playoffs to competing for a title in 1 seasons time?

I appreciate your transparency there, I hope everyone's team does well.

2-ONE-5
07-22-2015, 02:01 PM
Yeah we're optimistic and believe in what our current roster can do. I don't think the prediction of them making it to ECF/Finals is all that bold, but since we're in the minority that believe it. That makes it such.

picking em to the ECF is bold cant argue with that in here but i jsut think its funny bcuz i know they all believe all the "bold" predictions they are making.

When is the last time a team went from missing the playoffs to competing for a title in 1 seasons time?

I appreciate your transparency there, I hope everyone's team does well.

well, Cleveland...

BoSox47
07-22-2015, 02:01 PM
Bold but not so bold predictions:

1. Raptors dont make the playoffs(probably most bold prediction).
2. Brooklyn nets are a bottom 7 team in the league.
3. Dallas doesn't make the playoffs.
4. Hornets and Pacers make playoffs.
5. Anthony Davis is MVP
6. Pelican make the playoffs

MonroeFAN
07-22-2015, 02:45 PM
Cleveland is a pretty unique story though.

WaDe03
07-22-2015, 04:22 PM
I think it's funny how certain people feel the need to comment about Heat fans in every thread when their teams have been irrelevant for a long time. Look through the list thread and you'll see a lot of people other than Heat fans having them in the ECF. You don't see us bashing the Sixers or Pistons in every thread so I don't see why you feel the need to bash the Heat.

MonroeFAN
07-22-2015, 04:28 PM
What do you mean man? We aren't claiming that our teams are going to be in the ECF after missing the playoffs last season. I've avoided most heat related topics because I don't want to argue with you guys anymore. I think everyone can agree that you'll be better than last season, but jesus christ dude.

WaDe03
07-22-2015, 05:01 PM
What do you mean man? We aren't claiming that our teams are going to be in the ECF after missing the playoffs last season. I've avoided most heat related topics because I don't want to argue with you guys anymore. I think everyone can agree that you'll be better than last season, but jesus christ dude.

I mean we aren't the only ones claiming we'll be in the ECF after missing the playoffs last season. As I said read through the thread and you'll see people other than Heat fans putting us in the ECF. I'm not sitting here arguing with people who don't have us in the ECF but you and 2 one 5 or whatever his name is little jabs in every thread are getting very annoying.

MonroeFAN
07-22-2015, 05:13 PM
Alright well let's squash the beef then. I don't want to argue. I disagree, but that's fine.

Kyben36
07-22-2015, 05:16 PM
Heat win the Championship knocking out the Cavs in the ECF and the Clippers in the Finals

Wade finishes top 5 in MVP

Davis wins DPOY

Giannis MIP

Kobe asks for a trade

Whiteside leads the league in blocks and is top 5 in rebounds

Jordan is a 70% free throw shooter

Suns make the playoffs

Bucks knock out the Bulls in a first round rematch

I think Kobe is more likely to be cut than traded, unfortunatly, any team that trades for him is selling their soul to get him finacially. He might get cut which allows him to chase a tittle. IMO.

Kyben36
07-22-2015, 05:21 PM
I think it's funny how certain people feel the need to comment about Heat fans in every thread when their teams have been irrelevant for a long time. Look through the list thread and you'll see a lot of people other than Heat fans having them in the ECF. You don't see us bashing the Sixers or Pistons in every thread so I don't see why you feel the need to bash the Heat.

I think they can do really well, but i question tittle contender, I question Wades health mainly, and 2ndly Bosh, if healthy, they could be really good, yes, but Wade is some 33 years old, whos legs are probably got 36 years worth of wear on them. I also have never liked Dragic Myself. I think he was highly over rated when on the suns. I hope they do well, but tittle contenders is kinda a push IMO.

WaDe03
07-22-2015, 06:24 PM
Alright well let's squash the beef then. I don't want to argue. I disagree, but that's fine.

Works for me man. The beef is squashed.

WaDe03
07-22-2015, 06:32 PM
I think they can do really well, but i question tittle contender, I question Wades health mainly, and 2ndly Bosh, if healthy, they could be really good, yes, but Wade is some 33 years old, whos legs are probably got 36 years worth of wear on them. I also have never liked Dragic Myself. I think he was highly over rated when on the suns. I hope they do well, but tittle contenders is kinda a push IMO.

You may be right. Winning a title might be bold for this year but I definitely think they can contend in the East and come out if everything goes right. As the team stands right now we have a great starting lineup and second unit. We're 11 deep but as for winning the title it may be one of those things that could take maybe one more year before true contention with a signing or 2 next summer to put us over the hump. Although this is all speculation we could come out and actually be a contender this year or we could come out and have everyone get injured again like last season and not even make the playoffs. I'm very excited for the season though as a whole not just for Heat basketball. I think it's going to be a good year.

2-ONE-5
07-22-2015, 06:35 PM
I mean we aren't the only ones claiming we'll be in the ECF after missing the playoffs last season. As I said read through the thread and you'll see people other than Heat fans putting us in the ECF. I'm not sitting here arguing with people who don't have us in the ECF but you and 2 one 5 or whatever his name is little jabs in every thread are getting very annoying.

every thread, you mean just this one? dont give me that **** over you all getting but hurt over me asking a simple question about the spelling of the name either. most of you do this **** in every thread when something positive isnt said about your team, let it go

WaDe03
07-22-2015, 06:53 PM
every thread, you mean just this one? dont give me that **** over you all getting but hurt over me asking a simple question about the spelling of the name either. most of you do this **** in every thread when something positive isnt said about your team, let it go

A ton of threads I have been in over the last year or 2 I've seen you bashing the Heat I remember the same thing last summer as well. You just always feel the need to take a jab at the Heat. It's not like the Heat are yalls rivals when it comes to tanking or anything like that. I just want to know why the Heat concern you so much?

2-ONE-5
07-22-2015, 08:12 PM
no you havent seen me in many heat related threads since i been on this site, especially during the big 3 era. nice try though

Corey
07-22-2015, 09:19 PM

You contradict yourself.

I dont think saying "The Spurs arent making the finals" is really that bold at all. Any playoff team in the West can make the finals if they get hot, honestly.

WaDe03
07-22-2015, 10:02 PM
no you havent seen me in many heat related threads since i been on this site, especially during the big 3 era. nice try though

I for sure have though lol. Have fun tanking. I don't see how you can even be a fan of that.

2-ONE-5
07-22-2015, 10:21 PM
I for sure have though lol. Have fun tanking. I don't see how you can even be a fan of that.

show me then dude. the lebron hate/love was too much to even read during those years i wanted nothing to do with it. why are you bringing up tanking no one is talking about that in here?

fahget it im tired of dealing with most of you getting incredibly defensive whenever someone doesnt say something positive about your time, its gotten really old.

KnicksorBust
07-23-2015, 01:22 PM

You contradict yourself.

I dont think saying "The Spurs arent making the finals" is really that bold at all. Any playoff team in the West can make the finals if they get hot, honestly.

Lol.

I will bite. Doubt I throw $ on it but

#3.) Sixers make the playoffs.
#2.) Wolves make the playoffs.
#1.) Clips win the title.

Vee-Rex
07-23-2015, 01:39 PM
3 Predictions:

1. Cavs will be relatively healthy the whole year, including the playoffs.

2. Cavs go 73-9, break the single season record. Cavs went 33-3 last year with the starting lineup of Moz/Love/Bron/JR/Irving

3. Cavs lose 3 games the entire playoffs. 4-2 whoever comes out West.

Edit: Yes, I realize all of these are BOLD predictions.

2-ONE-5
07-23-2015, 02:17 PM
i think 73-9 is way past bold lol

i understand your logic but still.

Vee-Rex
07-23-2015, 02:47 PM
i think 73-9 is way past bold lol

i understand your logic but still.

I agree with you. I can't help it, though. :D

2-ONE-5
07-23-2015, 03:16 PM
hell if was a cavs fan i would be doing the same