PDA

View Full Version : Based on summer league?

MELO 15
07-19-2015, 03:31 AM
In no way shape or form am I implying that summer league will determine how these players will perform in the Big stage. We'll just call this the eye exam, based on what you have seen in the summer league and forgetting teams, draft needs and position. Who would be your top 5 draft picks in order. No Homers please.

I got :

1. Stanley Johnson
2.Okafor
3. Super Mario
4. Porzingis
5.Towns

Again, I'm not trying to imply in any shape or form that they will perform the same way in the Big stage, or the draft was wrong in the order that they originally got selected. We're simply talking eye test based off what you have seen in the summer league.

naps
07-19-2015, 03:43 AM
Okafor is the best as far as I have seen. I know who you wanna see in most people's responses though ;)

MELO 15
07-19-2015, 03:47 AM
Okafor is the best as far as I have seen. I know who you wanna see in most people's responses though ;)
Nah, to be honest, I just want to see how others to 5 will look, what's yours?

naps
07-19-2015, 04:01 AM
^^I haven't really watched enough to make a top 5 tbh. Okafor has been truly impressive for what I have seen. Looks like Lakers might have made a mistake. But then again, I don't put a lot of stock on summer league. So we will see.

jerellh528
07-19-2015, 04:19 AM
^^I haven't really watched enough to make a top 5 tbh. Okafor has been truly impressive for what I have seen. Looks like Lakers might have made a mistake. But then again, I don't put a lot of stock on summer league. So we will see.

Lol here you go again on the Lakers. U have a problem man. None of us care enough about the heat or their fans to say anything about them. I just don't know why you feel the need everytime you come into NBA main to made stupid little remarks about lakers and their fans or Kobe fans. It's really dumb.

warfelg
07-19-2015, 07:05 AM
1) Okafor
2) Towns
3) Mudiay
4) Porzingas
5) Russell

IndyRealist
07-19-2015, 10:12 AM
I'll throw Joseph Young out there with his 22.5ppg on 50.8% shooting in Orlando. Who's Joseph Young? Exactly. Summer League.

FOXHOUND
07-19-2015, 10:52 AM
I think we can all agree that Justise Winslow was a bit disappointing, right? I think he shed some light on why so many team passed on him.

MELO 15
07-19-2015, 10:58 AM
I think we can all agree that Justise Winslow was a bit disappointing, right? I think he shed some light on why so many team passed on him.

Where would you draft Winslow 1-15?

FOXHOUND
07-19-2015, 11:11 AM
Where would you draft Winslow 1-15?

I'm not sure, I think he ended up in a good range. But leading up to the draft there was talk of him from Knicks at 4 to others in that area. Seeing him, even in Summer League, to me showed why some of those teams ultimately passed on him.

bucketss
07-19-2015, 02:40 PM
i think norman powell outperformed most of these guys.

Beltrans Mole
07-19-2015, 02:59 PM
Grant!

nycericanguy
07-19-2015, 03:24 PM
Mlyes Turner was probably the best in SL. Frank was also great...lots of guys that played better than the 5 listed. Russell was awful.

FOXHOUND
07-19-2015, 04:21 PM
Mlyes Turner was probably the best in SL. Frank was also great...lots of guys that played better than the 5 listed. Russell was awful.

Yeah good call on Turner, he looked fantastic. I would definitely have him in my top 5 at this point. Gotta trust Larry Bird.

IndyRealist
07-19-2015, 04:49 PM
Yeah good call on Turner, he looked fantastic. I would definitely have him in my top 5 at this point. Gotta trust Larry Bird.

Turner looks exactly as described. Strong rim protector, good outside jumper, avoids banging down low.

Kyben36
07-19-2015, 04:52 PM
1 townes, still take a skilled 7 footer like him over anyone, he showed alot more skill than i expected, shooting from mid, his body has to get bigger, but thats time
2 Porzingis- I love his jump shot, its silky smoth and he will take time to develop his body, but otherwise, he has alot of skill
3 Stanley johnson
4 OKafor - if he could hit some damn FTs, he might be #1, but he cant. and it pisses me off. would never take a guuy who cant hit FTs
5- Mudiay

FOXHOUND
07-19-2015, 05:03 PM
Turner looks exactly as described. Strong rim protector, good outside jumper, avoids banging down low.

Yup, definitely a new age big. Still not a fan of small ball, but I'm definitely intrigued to see how it all works out.

Hawkeye15
07-19-2015, 05:18 PM
Can't really re-draft until after year 2-3. Some big men take longer, some players do a better job of translating to the next level defensively, etc.

Way too early.

TO Rapz
07-19-2015, 05:32 PM
Said this when the Lakers drafted Russell, and I'll say it again, Okafor > Russell. I'm not a Laker hater so don't start that **** and I will be the first to eat crow if D'Angelo tears up the show better than Okafor does. We'll have to see. Feel like Okafor really got underrated with the Towns and Russell hype leading up to the draft.

aman_13
07-19-2015, 07:12 PM
It's too bad the Raps didn't get much air time because Powell out performed most of the players mentioned in this thread. By far the most impressive on the defensive end.

MELO 15
07-19-2015, 08:11 PM
Yup, definitely a new age big. Still not a fan of small ball, but I'm definitely intrigued to see how it all works out.

Forgot about Turner, definitely a top 5

bucketss
07-19-2015, 11:54 PM
It's too bad the Raps didn't get much air time because Powell out performed most of the players mentioned in this thread. By far the most impressive on the defensive end.

only rookie to make it on the first team.

First Team:

Kyle Anderson (Spurs)

Seth Curry (Pelicans)

Doug McDermott (Bulls)

Norman Powell (Raptors)

T.J. Warren (Suns)

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25245373/spurs-kyle-anderson-wins-nba-summer-league-mvp

BHF
07-20-2015, 02:06 AM
I don't care what anyone says but Normal Powell is a monster and the best second round pick by far. This guy should have been a first round pick easy.

GiantsSwaGG
07-20-2015, 02:17 AM
Forgot about Turner, definitely a top 5

I like Turner, he's more of a 4 imo

naps
07-20-2015, 04:05 AM
Lol here you go again on the Lakers. U have a problem man. None of us care enough about the heat or their fans to say anything about them. I just don't know why you feel the need everytime you come into NBA main to made stupid little remarks about lakers and their fans or Kobe fans. It's really dumb.

What? I said it looks like Lakers might have made a mistake by bypassing Okafor to take Russell after watching them play in the summer league. I also said I don't put too much stock on summer league. What's the big fuss about it? Who cares about Kobe? This thread is not about Kobe. It's not my fault that Lakers have been bad for past 5 years and will be a lottery team for at least couple more years. I didnt tell big free agents not to go there. I feel you though. Now change your sig where you claim I am on your ignore list and go hug a tree. Feel better.