Chicago
Miami
Toronto
Indiana
Boston
Brooklyn
Milwaukee

Should all be teams above .500
Indiana and Miami should be miles better than last season with George and Bosh Returning.
The Celtics won 40 games for a team that was in the lotto the previous year and added David Lee

The Pistons and Magic will definitely improve with their coaches and young core getting yet another year to develop. Im banking that Drummond will have a breakout year and Reggie Jackson will prove why he got that contract, Stan isnt no Doc Rivers, He's a good GM and Coach.

Should be interesting to see what happened this year but I strongly believe that every team that makes the playoffs in the east will need at least a record of 41-41.

Clippersfan86
07-19-2015, 01:00 AM
Fear da EASTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!

Bostonjorge
07-19-2015, 01:06 AM
Is this a joke? Are you going to "in before....."?

Clippersfan86
07-19-2015, 01:09 AM
Eastern conference dominance returns. 2016

numba1CHANGsta
07-19-2015, 01:11 AM
The East is nothing compared to the West

5ass
07-19-2015, 01:48 AM

Last year the Pelicans made the play offs with 45 wins. Next year its probably going to take 42 or so wins to get the 8th seed in the east. East is on the rise. In a couple of years you'll have much more 50+ win teams.
Really all its going to take is a Kevin Durant move to the east (let's say Washington) for the two conferences to become pretty balanced.

5ass
07-19-2015, 01:52 AM
Also Brooklyn doesn't belong on that list, and I think the Pistons win more games than the Pacers to grab the 8th. I'm not sure Boston will be a .500 team. Don't see them making the play off.

LAKERS4LIFE!!
07-19-2015, 02:02 AM
The conference overall got better but until there's more than one legit contender from the East, it's still weak. It's almost guaranteed that the Cavs will be in the Finals next year.

jerellh528
07-19-2015, 02:35 AM
The conference overall got better but until there's more than one legit contender from the East, it's still weak. It's almost guaranteed that the Cavs will be in the Finals next year.

Yeah, the west has like 6 teams(gs,sas,okc,lac,hou,mem) that can realistically win the title next year. The east has 1. Yes the east has improved overall somewhat, but until the east can produce contenders, it's still farrrr inferior. If any one of those 6 teams makes it to the finals I would not be surprised, if any team besides Cle in the east makes it to the finals, I would be very surprised. Put Cleveland in the west and its a top 3/4 seed. In the east, it's the only powerhouse and almost automatic 1 seed.

CityofTreez
07-19-2015, 03:56 AM
STFU you dumb troll!

naps
07-19-2015, 04:09 AM

Who is comparing east to west here? Almost everytime I see you post you try to compare east vs west. And so do most of the kobe fans. Even in this thread so far. Two/three kobe fans brought up west even though west has nothing to do with this thread.

jerellh528
07-19-2015, 04:16 AM
Who is comparing east to west here? Almost everytime I see you post you try to compare east vs west. And so do most of the kobe fans. Even in this thread so far. Two/three kobe fans brought up west even though west has nothing to do with this thread.

Dupe post

jerellh528
07-19-2015, 04:16 AM

You going to add anything to the thread? Or continue the same ol broken record garbage you always do about Kobe fans? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Every time I see you post, you bring up Kobe fans or the lakers even though it has nothing to do with this thread. I'm very surprised that you're still allowed to post here.

warfelg
07-19-2015, 08:07 AM
Yes the east is slowly building up. There were a couple of problems with the east for a long time:
1) bad GMs. The east was busy handing out max contracts to guys who didn't deserve it. Meanwhile the west was giving smart contracts.
2) the heat killed the east. Was is strong top to bottom? Not really. But the talent was spread out some at that point pulling more teams into fray to get to the championship. But the fact that the teams from the east lost their best players on it happening diminished the team to team ability.
3) the old CBA. It's no secret the owners in the west had more money than the owners in the east. The old CBA allowed them to overspend without much penalty. The new CBA is starting to balance that a little.

I think all three had their hand in the east being bad for a while. I think the two straight "big 3" right on the heels of the Nets and Pistons runs really damaged the east. The condensation of power in the east put it to a place where only the top 2/3 teams really had a chance. I think if Miamis big 3 never happened, and maybe only Bosh and Wade joined up, things would be different. Don't forget that right before that, the Cavs, Pacers, Celtics, Heat, Magic all had shots to come from the east. Then the Bulls arose at the same time the Miami big 3 happened to and Ainge held onto his big 3 too long. Had Ainge done that and Miamis big 3 didn't join, I think we would be looking at Bulls, Cavs, Pacers, Magic (pre-trade, and maybe Dwight stays), Heat, Knicks all having a chance to win and be in the finals.

I mean imagine a west right now where Steph Curry, KD, AD all decide "hey let's play together on the Pels in 2 years". What does that do to the West? It honestly steals two stars from teams and it consolidates power to the Pels to the point where they might be the only team to make it out.

Give it another 2/3 years and I think the balance of the east will restore itself. The Cavs overpaid too many players this offseason and will have issues continuing to compete.

Nycbball08
07-19-2015, 09:04 AM

They're probably just some gang members with their west side crap!!!!lol

Kush McDaniels
07-19-2015, 10:37 AM
Pretty sure this is a troll thread aimed at Knicks fans. The east is not much different than last year.

FOXHOUND
07-19-2015, 10:50 AM
East still sucks. When you have to talk about there MAYBE being a chance of a .500 team at the 8th seed as being a big deal then you should just know that the conference sucks. The 7 and 8 seeds may still be sub .500 teams, or 41-win teams. It's still completely a one team conference and the 2nd and 3rd seeds are even weaker than a few years ago when you at least had that Pacers team at it's peak. There is no team that can remotely challenge Cleveland in a series in 2015-16.

GiantsSwaGG
07-19-2015, 11:02 AM
The East still suck, besides the Cavs, Bulls, Wizards and Bucks every other team is mediocre

RLundi
07-19-2015, 11:07 AM
You going to add anything to the thread? Or continue the same ol broken record garbage you always do about Kobe fans? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Every time I see you post, you bring up Kobe fans or the lakers even though it has nothing to do with this thread. I'm very surprised that you're still allowed to post here.

Naps is 100% right though. Number1changsta literally posts the same thing every single thread if it has to do with the east, and many Lakers fans chime in about the west being SOOO much better. Why? We know already lol. It's just very obnoxious.

LanceUpperCut
07-19-2015, 11:21 AM
The East still suck, besides the Cavs, Bulls, Wizards and Bucks every other team is mediocre

You missed the Hawks,Raps and Heat. The West is better but lets not get carried away IMO the East has gotten slightly better well the West has gotten slightly worse. The West is more top heavy but a big drop off where the East is more balanced.

FOXHOUND
07-19-2015, 11:33 AM
You missed the Hawks,Raps and Heat. The West is better but lets not get carried away IMO the East has gotten slightly better well the West has gotten slightly worse. The West is more top heavy but a big drop off where the East is more balanced.

If you try to compare the east to the west then you're wasting time. The east is better than it was last year, but it was absolutely horrific last year so that's not saying much.

Saying the west is top heavy, when a team like Memphis is the 5th and the Spurs are the 6th, is hilarious when bringing up a conference that can't even get .500 teams in all 8 playoff spots as being more balanced. The east is a one team conference. And the west didn't even have OKC last year...

GiantsSwaGG
07-19-2015, 11:39 AM

I mentioned

Cavs
Bulls
Wizards
Bucks

Is because I believe they'll be fighting for a finals appearance. I mean I can throw in the Hawks but the Eastern conference still sucks

DarkKnight
07-19-2015, 12:10 PM
STFU you dumb troll!

Agreed how this thing hasn't been banned is amazing

5ass
07-19-2015, 12:11 PM
As the east rises, the west will seem weaker.

SportsFanatic10
07-19-2015, 01:31 PM

I've seen you post this same crap list of the only teams that matter in the East a few times now in different threads. The Heat will be better than the Wizards next year imo and could be better than both the Bulls and Bucks as well. Tell me what do you see in the Wizards that makes them so special?

The Heat aren't "mediocre" on paper going into the season with a deep and talented lineup. Tyler Johnson might make the team if Chalmers is traded for tax relief but the opening day depth chart will look something like this...

G.Dragic / M.Chalmers / S.Napier
D.Wade / G.Green / J.Richardson
L.Deng / J.Winslow / Z. Dragic
C.Bosh / J.McRoberts / A.Stoudemire
H.Whiteside / C.Andersen / U.Haslem

That's a lineup capable of finishing as high as 2nd in the East if they remain reasonably healthy next year. Now I'm not saying they will finish that high, but it could happen if things go well. I feel pretty confident in a top 4 finish for Miami however and I certainly don't see how they're a team to be dismissed as one that "doesn't matter", but we'll see how it plays out.

beasted86
07-19-2015, 02:27 PM

Like it or dislike it, this is the truth.

Original post had nothing to do with the Western conference nor was there any inferred comparison of the two.

I feel like the way we communicate is deevolutionizing, and most people cannot stay on topic or follow a conversation, so they just say whatever pops into their head first.

It's this internet-age "first" and "what does the fox say" driven randomness and incoherent thought and logic that's driving this decomposition of society.

/rant

The East will definitely be improved and more top heavy than last year.

I definitely expect all 8 teams to be above .500. Conversely this will mean that whoever is 14th and 15th in the conference will be approaching record-breaking loss records.

DanG
07-19-2015, 02:50 PM
How will Brooklyn be above .500?

Dade County
07-19-2015, 03:13 PM
Yes the east is slowly building up. There were a couple of problems with the east for a long time:
1) bad GMs. The east was busy handing out max contracts to guys who didn't deserve it. Meanwhile the west was giving smart contracts.
2) the heat killed the east. Was is strong top to bottom? Not really. But the talent was spread out some at that point pulling more teams into fray to get to the championship. But the fact that the teams from the east lost their best players on it happening diminished the team to team ability.
3) the old CBA. It's no secret the owners in the west had more money than the owners in the east. The old CBA allowed them to overspend without much penalty. The new CBA is starting to balance that a little.

I think all three had their hand in the east being bad for a while. I think the two straight "big 3" right on the heels of the Nets and Pistons runs really damaged the east. The condensation of power in the east put it to a place where only the top 2/3 teams really had a chance. I think if Miamis big 3 never happened, and maybe only Bosh and Wade joined up, things would be different. Don't forget that right before that, the Cavs, Pacers, Celtics, Heat, Magic all had shots to come from the east. Then the Bulls arose at the same time the Miami big 3 happened to and Ainge held onto his big 3 too long. Had Ainge done that and Miamis big 3 didn't join, I think we would be looking at Bulls, Cavs, Pacers, Magic (pre-trade, and maybe Dwight stays), Heat, Knicks all having a chance to win and be in the finals.

I mean imagine a west right now where Steph Curry, KD, AD all decide "hey let's play together on the Pels in 2 years". What does that do to the West? It honestly steals two stars from teams and it consolidates power to the Pels to the point where they might be the only team to make it out.

Give it another 2/3 years and I think the balance of the east will restore itself. The Cavs overpaid too many players this offseason and will have issues continuing to compete.

But then the teams from the east would have gotten crushed in the Final's against OKC & maybe the Spurs (I don't put Dallas in that, because Lbj gave them a title).

Also why Bosh instead of Lbj joining the HEAT? (But anyway, Pat would have used the extra money to Build a team around Wade/Lbj or Wade/Bosh... So I still see them in the Final's 2 out of the 4yrs)

Shlumpledink
07-19-2015, 04:19 PM
Not bad for the jv league of the nba for the past 25 years

dalton749
07-19-2015, 05:23 PM
There's definitely more competition to make the playoffs this year but we are nowhere close to the west. Saw an article ranking teams for next year based on last years win shares and Toronto was first with 53, which was good for 7th out west

warfelg
07-19-2015, 05:55 PM
But then the teams from the east would have gotten crushed in the Final's against OKC & maybe the Spurs (I don't put Dallas in that, because Lbj gave them a title).

Also why Bosh instead of Lbj joining the HEAT? (But anyway, Pat would have used the extra money to Build a team around Wade/Lbj or Wade/Bosh... So I still see them in the Final's 2 out of the 4yrs)

On the first point. No telling what would of happened. Because it ties into point one.

And ditto on your first point. I don't think Bosh looked to stay in Toronto. He wanted out. LBJ, I think if that Cavs team didn't collapse and they could have rebuild around him or have cap/roster flexibility, he doesn't leave.

But it goes further back to Bostons Big 3. If they never got together then I doubt Miamis ever happens. When Allen, Pierce, and KG got together there was this sudden perception that 3 stars and a bunch of "guys" was better than a well built team. And don't forget, those trades killed two WC teams, one which hasn't recovered yet.

Just take a moment and look at the rosters of the EC in 2009. Wade healthy in Miami, Bosh in Toronto, Dwight in Orlando, Joe Johnson in Atlanta, LeBron in Cleveland, Rose in Chicago, Williams in New Jersey. Just that alone was a balance of talent in the east. And all those teams were close record wise.

What went wrong....kinda started in Orlando. Star contracts to role players (Rashad Lewis/Hedo Turkalu), and suddenly role players everywhere got max contracts. So now you got teams with a star and locked in rosters. And it had this pebble in a pond ripple effect to where all the teams stopped thinking about the draft and started trading them for role players in the west and thinking they could make them stars.

There's a few articles that point to all that as parts of the "death of the east". In that time period the East was the Wests "dumping ground" for old or overpaid players, while they reaped the benefits of picks and cap space.

But we're starting to see a shift as FO workers from the WC are getting GM jobs in the EC and shifting that think. Ujehara (sp?) and Hinkie are the tip of the iceberg IMO. Those FO things that made the WC so good for so long are starting to make their way east.

warfelg
07-19-2015, 05:57 PM

On the first point. No telling what would of happened. Because it ties into point one.

And ditto on your first point. I don't think Bosh looked to stay in Toronto. He wanted out. LBJ, I think if that Cavs team didn't collapse and they could have rebuild around him or have cap/roster flexibility, he doesn't leave.

But it goes further back to Bostons Big 3. If they never got together then I doubt Miamis ever happens. When Allen, Pierce, and KG got together there was this sudden perception that 3 stars and a bunch of "guys" was better than a well built team. And don't forget, those trades killed two WC teams, one which hasn't recovered yet.

Just take a moment and look at the rosters of the EC in 2009. Wade healthy in Miami, Bosh in Toronto, Dwight in Orlando, Joe Johnson in Atlanta, LeBron in Cleveland, Rose in Chicago, Williams in New Jersey. Just that alone was a balance of talent in the east. And all those teams were close record wise.

What went wrong....kinda started in Orlando. Star contracts to role players (Rashad Lewis/Hedo Turkalu), and suddenly role players everywhere got max contracts. So now you got teams with a star and locked in rosters. And it had this pebble in a pond ripple effect to where all the teams stopped thinking about the draft and started trading them for role players in the west and thinking they could make them stars.

There's a few articles that point to all that as parts of the "death of the east". In that time period the East was the Wests "dumping ground" for old or overpaid players, while they reaped the benefits of picks and cap space.

But we're starting to see a shift as FO workers from the WC are getting GM jobs in the EC and shifting that think. Ujehara (sp?) and Hinkie are the tip of the iceberg IMO. Those FO things that made the WC so good for so long are starting to make their way east.

warfelg
07-19-2015, 06:06 PM

Hawkeye15
07-19-2015, 06:23 PM
The thing is, the east has been getting more high lottery picks for nearly 3 decades. They are still so inferior. Until actually proven otherwise, the west is far superior.

I see no way on earth the east has 10 teams over .500

Cleveland, Milwaukee, Chicago, Atlanta, Toronto, and Washington are the only teams I am confident in saying I know they will win more than 41 games. Hey maybe this is the year we finally don't have to see a sub .500 team in the playoffs. Who knows

5ass
07-19-2015, 06:30 PM

Shard was no role player when we signed him, he was coming off a 23 PPG season at 27 years old. He was great his first season with the Magic, and made the all star team. Also they actually didn't sign turk to a big contract. It was a very good contract (2004). The raptors are the ones who signed him (2009) for like 11 mill/yr for 5 years. The Magic let him go.

flea
07-19-2015, 06:31 PM
This thread will probably look silly at the end of next year. The East might be better than last year, but I wouldn't bet a ton of money on it. You can look at the young guys, the draft picks, the FA moves and think "okay maybe a few teams on the fringe of making the playoffs improved."

But look at the West. Pretty much all the good teams either got better or will have another year with a very similar cast (Clips, Spurs, Griz, Pels, Warriors, Rockets, and Thunder). The only teams worse are Blazers and Mavs - and the Mavs might not even be worse unless injuries really hurt them. Suns, Jazz, and Kings all likely improved too. I don't think the West is any worse than last year, if anything it's better because its top teams are better. Last year 3 teams .500 or worse made the playoffs in the East - I think it will be probably that many again. Maybe 2 if both the Bucks and Heat improve half as much as their fans think they did.

DemarDerozan
07-19-2015, 06:34 PM
Pretty sure this is a troll thread aimed at Knicks fans. The east is not much different than last year.

I consider myself a moderate NBA fan. I can't think of more than one conversation I've had with someone about the current Knicks team in the past year... And that brief conversation had to do with the draft. It's not that people hate the Knicks, it's that people do not care about them right now... Because they are invalid at the moment.

Scoots
07-19-2015, 07:10 PM
The east has several teams that are better, but some teams are declining too, and to get to .500 they are going to have to be beating some of those tough western teams ... and some of the teams in the west that didn't make the playoffs got better too.

It's easy to make an argument that GSW, SAS, LAC, OKC, HOU, NOP, PHO, UTA, SAC, LAL, and MIN should all get better this year than last year too.

How many superstars moved east this year?

This time of year optimisim is cheap :)

KG2TB
07-19-2015, 07:18 PM
Yeah, the west has like 6 teams(gs,sas,okc,lac,hou,mem) that can realistically win the title next year. The east has 1. Yes the east has improved overall somewhat, but until the east can produce contenders, it's still farrrr inferior. If any one of those 6 teams makes it to the finals I would not be surprised, if any team besides Cle in the east makes it to the finals, I would be very surprised. Put Cleveland in the west and its a top 3/4 seed. In the east, it's the only powerhouse and almost automatic 1 seed.

I would say realistically that the Dubs, Spurs, and OKC have a realistic shot at winning the title. Clips, Houston, and Memphis are good teams but it would be pretty shocking if they won a championship.

beasted86
07-19-2015, 08:07 PM
The thing is, the east has been getting more high lottery picks for nearly 3 decades. They are still so inferior. Until actually proven otherwise, the west is far superior.

I see no way on earth the east has 10 teams over .500

Cleveland, Milwaukee, Chicago, Atlanta, Toronto, and Washington are the only teams I am confident in saying I know they will win more than 41 games. Hey maybe this is the year we finally don't have to see a sub .500 team in the playoffs. Who knows
Who really cares to debate if the Timberwolves could upgrade from 'putrid' to 'terrible' status playing the Sixers more times. I assume that's what you were inferring by that "more high lottery picks" nonsense... disregarding that the bottom 8 teams were evenly split 4 a piece (MIN, NYK, PHI, LAL, ORL, SAC, DEN, DET).

Strictly speaking about teams I believe will be good: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Cleveland, Detroit, Miami, Milwaukee, Toronto, and Washington are all teams I expect to be .500 or better.

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-19-2015, 08:37 PM

Last year the Pelicans made the play offs with 45 wins. Next year its probably going to take 42 or so wins to get the 8th seed in the east. East is on the rise. In a couple of years you'll have much more 50+ win teams.
Really all its going to take is a Kevin Durant move to the east (let's say Washington) for the two conferences to become pretty balanced.

"East is on the rise " lol

Hawkeye15
07-19-2015, 09:16 PM
Who really cares to debate if the Timberwolves could upgrade from 'putrid' to 'terrible' status playing the Sixers more times. I assume that's what you were inferring by that "more high lottery picks" nonsense... disregarding that the bottom 8 teams were evenly split 4 a piece (MIN, NYK, PHI, LAL, ORL, SAC, DEN, DET).

Strictly speaking about teams I believe will be good: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Cleveland, Detroit, Miami, Milwaukee, Toronto, and Washington are all teams I expect to be .500 or better.

No, I meant that the east has been inferior for 30 years. Proof is necessary to show otherwise.

The "high lottery picks" nonsense is a fact. And yet here we sit, with one team in the east with an actual chance to win a title. One.

And then 5-6 that are good, won't sniff contention this year or next.

The west is loaded, has been, for longer than most on this site have even been alive. Meh

flea
07-19-2015, 09:23 PM

Lol you think more than half of the East is going to be above .500, when only 5 were last year? At whose expense do you think those mediocre teams are going to pile up wins against? The bottom of the East? Magic, Pacers, and Knicks will all probably be better than last year (albeit marginally in the latter's case). Sixers will be better, simply because it's harder to get worse and they have a top 20 scorer now.

Or maybe you think those 9 teams will beat up on the West? Lmao, it's going to be a minute before we can seriously talk about the East having a winning record vs. the West again, and I promise it won't be next year.

DetroitBadBoy
07-19-2015, 09:41 PM
Don't sleep on Detroit yall

5ass
07-19-2015, 10:35 PM

Seriously. SVG turned a dysfunctional mess into a proper team. I have them making the play offs with 40+ wins.

naps
07-19-2015, 11:12 PM

I thought you had me on your ignore list?? So you can't resist reading my lessons that I give out to Kobe fans when they need some doses, can you? Good for you. Keep reading me. And on that post, I called out you kobephiles because yall added nothing here except for complaining about how weaker the east is than the west. West has absolutely nothing to do with this thread. West is on another level than east, everyone knows that. You philes dont need to write it everywhere you get a chance.
Ignore list? LOL. Grow up.

Migueldadon
07-19-2015, 11:42 PM
It looks worse than last season to me.

Scoots
07-19-2015, 11:45 PM
I thought you had me on your ignore list?? So you can't resist reading my lessons that I give out to Kobe fans when they need some doses, can you? Good for you. Keep reading me. And on that post, I called out you kobephiles because yall added nothing here except for complaining about how weaker the east is than the west. West has absolutely nothing to do with this thread. West is on another level than east, everyone knows that. You philes dont need to write it everywhere you get a chance.
Ignore list? LOL. Grow up.

You are telling people to "Grow up" but use lines like "can't resist reading my lessons that I give out"? Really?

The West DOES have something to do with this thread because those 10 eastern teams that are going to finish over .500 have to get there beating western teams too.

beasted86
07-20-2015, 01:54 AM
Lol you think more than half of the East is going to be above .500, when only 5 were last year? At whose expense do you think those mediocre teams are going to pile up wins against? The bottom of the East? Magic, Pacers, and Knicks will all probably be better than last year (albeit marginally in the latter's case). Sixers will be better, simply because it's harder to get worse and they have a top 20 scorer now.

Or maybe you think those 9 teams will beat up on the West? Lmao, it's going to be a minute before we can seriously talk about the East having a winning record vs. the West again, and I promise it won't be next year.

I don't want to rant again. Please read my first post in this thread. Reading is allowed on this forum.

I said I expect the East to be more top heavy which would infer that there will be a nose dive after those top 9. I also said I expect some teams to approach record breaking losses.

Teams that I expect to be putrid and in the hunt for 15-18 wins tops: Denver, Utah, Philly, LA, and Brooklyn.

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-20-2015, 10:11 AM

IDK... it still seems much further away that you make it seem.

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-20-2015, 10:21 AM
Doesn't the Western teams also play more games against each other and same for the Eastern teams? So the East still has such inferior records despite playing more games against their inferior fellow Eastern teams.

Outside of Chicago and Cleveland and maybe Washington, I don't think any of the Eastern teams match the talent of the playoff teams in the West. ATL had an amazing season last year, but I really don't think they are that great to be honest. I'm also hoping Indiana with a healthy Paul George can get back to being a top team. The East needs more teams that can really challenge Lebron. They don't need to be as good or deep as the West, but if they can have like 3 or 4 teams that can actually challenge Cleveland, then at least the 2nd round and ECF will be interesting. Last year really only Chicago stood a chance and still couldn't beat an injured Cavs team. Nobody wants to see any more years of Lebron getting a free ride to the finals.

MiamiLoyal926
07-20-2015, 12:50 PM
Let me leave this here... https://youtu.be/1hIDgRLAcLM

This is for all those people who continue to list the top east teams, but leave out a certain team. I am not sure if it is trolling, forgetting, or if they truly believe the Heat are not a top team in the east. Not only are they a top team, they are near the top of the east if they stay healthy.

This again is solely to address the topic of top east teams. The Heat have a great team and a chance to make it out of the east. If they do though, doubt they accomplish anything further due to the strength of the top west teams.

So, in summary, the Heat should not be overlooked as a threat in the east, and it is well documented that the west is overall a stronger conference.

JEDean89
07-20-2015, 01:13 PM
Heat will be good. IMO

CLE
MIA
ATL
CHI
WASH
TOR
MIL
BOS

will be the Eastern playoff picture. NY, BKLN, ORL, DETR and IND all have a shot too. This should be an interesting year. If Wade and Bosh are healthy, and Dragic and Deng can click with them, this MIA team is dangerous. 55+ wins for them next year IMO.

Bostonjorge
07-20-2015, 02:27 PM
The gap between #1 and #2 in talent in the east is the biggest gap I have ever seen. Not even the #1 and #10 in the west has that big of a gap.

SportsFanatic10
07-20-2015, 02:36 PM

This is for all those people who continue to list the top east teams, but leave out a certain team. I am not sure if it is trolling, forgetting, or if they truly believe the Heat are not a top team in the east. Not only are they a top team, they are near the top of the east if they stay healthy.

This again is solely to address the topic of top east teams. The Heat have a great team and a chance to make it out of the east. If they do though, doubt they accomplish anything further due to the strength of the top west teams.

So, in summary, the Heat should not be overlooked as a threat in the east, and it is well documented that the west is overall a stronger conference.

I kept waiting for them to at least mention McRoberts the whole time I watched that video. He's better than Amare and Bird, I don't know why they never even mentioned him. But then again no one takes those guys seriously, and for good reason. I agree with the Heat being a top team in the East this year, but I wouldn't look to them to make the case for me.

Gander13SM
07-20-2015, 03:31 PM
Improved? The East is worse than it was last year. It's an absolute joke of a conference. It's been a joke for decades but is now even more of a laughing stock.

I'm sorry but I don't see how it's improved at all.

5ass
07-20-2015, 03:35 PM
Improved? The East is worse than it was last year. It's an absolute joke of a conference. It's been a joke for decades but is now even more of a laughing stock.

I'm sorry but I don't see how it's improved at all.

Name two teams that regressed from last year to this year. I only see Brooklyn regressing, the rest of the east improved.

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-20-2015, 03:37 PM

A great team??? How about we start by calling them a team that has a chance to be good before we call them great. And they aren't getting past LBJ's Cavs.

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-20-2015, 03:43 PM
Name two teams that regressed from last year to this year. I only see Brooklyn regressing, the rest of the east improved.

Still, saying the East is on the rise is all good and well, but the lesser conference is coming from a long way below. The East is still nowhere close. The biggest reason they are on the rise is because they hit rock bottom last year so of course they will rise. Nowhere to go but up. Outside of the Cavs (because of LBJ), none of the Eastern Conference teams would be any sort of a threat to make it out of the West and compete with the top Western teams. The West is a powerhouse and in no danger of getting weaker anytime soon.

To name two teams that will regress though... ATL and Brooklyn. Also Toronto and Boston can easily regress... Toronto based on how poorly they played down the stretch and Boston based on them not being that good to begin with IMO.

I'm thinking Indiana and Miami if they can stay healthy should improve. I don't believe in Detroit. I'm not sleeping on them, I just don't think they are a playoff team. Although if 38 wins gets to the playoffs, any team in the East has a chance I suppose.

5ass
07-20-2015, 03:52 PM
Still, saying the East is on the rise is all good and well, but the lesser conference is coming from a long way below. The East is still nowhere close. Outside of the Cavs (because of LBJ), none of the Eastern Conference teams would be any sort of a threat to make it out of the West.

To name two teams that will regress though... ATL and Brooklyn. Also Toronto and Boston can easily regress... Toronot based on how poorly they played down the stretch and Boston based on them not being that good to begin with IMO.

He said the east became worse than last year which I'm disagreeing with. Never said the east is now on the same level as the west.

Atlanta didn't regress much at all. They finally got a legit center (Splitter) and lost a very replaceable 3&D player. Knicks, Pistons, Magic, Heat, pacers, hornets. There are way more teams that clearly got better, than ones who might have gotten slightly worse. As a whole, the east improved.

Gander13SM
07-20-2015, 03:57 PM

Improved by what? 1 win? 2?

I would argue Hawks are worse without Carroll. Toronto are going to be worse. Brooklyn worse. Washington worse. Detroit worse.

The only team that made any significant improvement imo is Milwaukee. Most of the other teams are going to be the same or worse.

It's an awful conference. I don't see how anyone can say it's improved. For every team that gets 1 or 2 games better there's another team that's getting 1 or 2 games worse. It all ends up being the same crap.

The gap between the first and third seed in the East will be comparable to the gap between the first and 8th seed in the West.

I wish the free agents in the West would just head out East to help with the parity.

Gander13SM
07-20-2015, 04:02 PM
I'm thinking Indiana and Miami if they can stay healthy should improve. I don't believe in Detroit. I'm not sleeping on them, I just don't think they are a playoff team. Although if 38 wins gets to the playoffs, any team in the East has a chance I suppose.

If the East continues to regress at this rate, 4-5 years from now I'm willing to bet a squad compiled of the best d-league players and a decent coach could make the playoffs out East.

naps
07-20-2015, 04:21 PM
The gap between #1 and #2 in talent in the east is the biggest gap I have ever seen. Not even the #1 and #10 in the west has that big of a gap.

Well I remember you said the same thing about Miami when LeBron was there. Thing is when you have the potential 2nd best player of all-time on your team he will automatically create such lopsided difference in a conference.

warfelg
07-20-2015, 04:30 PM

Well I remember you said the same thing about Miami when LeBron was there. Thing is when you have the potential 2nd best player of all-time on your team he will automatically create such lopsided difference in a conference.

In 2014-15 season the difference in the east between the 1 seed and 8 seed? 22 games.

In 2014-15 season the difference in the west between the 1 seed and the 8 seed? 22 games.

In 2014-15 season the difference between the 1 seed and 2 seed in the east? 7 games.

In 2014-15 season the difference between the 1 seed and 2 seed in the west? 11 games.

The Wests 1 seed had a 51 game lead on the Wests 15 seed.

The easts 1 seed had a 45 game lead on the easts 15 seed.

Difference between the 2 1 seeds was 7 games.

Yes more teams in the west have a shot at the championship. But it's not like the east was that far behind.

Gander13SM
07-20-2015, 04:31 PM

You think the Cavs would be a clear #1 seed in the West with a large gap between #1 and #2?

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-20-2015, 04:38 PM
He said the east became worse than last year which I'm disagreeing with. Never said the east is now on the same level as the west.

Atlanta didn't regress much at all. They finally got a legit center (Splitter) and lost a very replaceable 3&D player. Knicks, Pistons, Magic, Heat, pacers, hornets. There are way more teams that clearly got better, than ones who might have gotten slightly worse. As a whole, the east improved.

ATL will be worse than last year. They got off to a hot start and played well over their heads. They are regressing big time this season no matter what moves they made. Hornets, Magic, and Pistons IDK. Magic... ok yeah because there is nowhere to go but up. Hornets, perhaps just enough to maybe be the 8th seed or something. Pistons, IDK about that one. They lost Monroe lets not forget. The Knicks, yeah they are better, but again... enough to make a difference? IDK. These slight improvements to change the fait of the conference.

I agree the East isn't worse on paper. But they really aren't all that much better either. To me the difference is negligable. The West is still far superior. A few years ago it seemed like the East might begin to balance things out a bit, but then it went the complete opposite way. I still think their are at least 6 teams in the West that would destroy any of the Eastern conference teams in a best of 7 other than Cleveland.

What the East needs is more serious title contenders.

I also think if teams like PHX, Utah, and SAC played an Eastern Conference schedule, they would be above .500 and in the playoffs in the East. Maybe you can argue that this changes now with some of the non-playoff Eastern Conference teams improving a bit, but IDK.

flea
07-20-2015, 04:56 PM
Yes more teams in the west have a shot at the championship. But it's not like the east was that far behind.

Oh, yes it is. Last year represented a marked improvement from 2014, but the East is still mired an awful stretch of being beaten up on by the West - one which has had very few reprieves since 1990.

By regular season records, 2014 was perhaps the most lopsided of all at 63.1% winning percentage of the West over the East (either conference's biggest winning percentage over the other since 1972 when the West beat the east 63.2% of the time). Last season was 58.4% - which is right in line with where the West has sat since 2000. Since 2000, the East has had a winning regular season record over the West just once (2009, when the East narrowly edged ahead at 51.3%). Of course Lebron teamed up with his competition so the next few years were out the window.

Do I think it will be less than 58% winning percentage for the West next year? Probably not. The only time it has since Lebron formed his superteams was 2012 when the West merely won 57.8%. I wouldn't be shocked if it were more like 56% (since the East does have the youth factor now) but that is still a very comfortable margin.

justinnum1
07-20-2015, 08:26 PM
:dance:

naps
07-20-2015, 09:56 PM
You think the Cavs would be a clear #1 seed in the West with a large gap between #1 and #2?

Are they clear cut number one seed in the east? Point is as an individual player no one else makes nearly as much of a difference when he moves from one team to another.

5ass
07-20-2015, 10:55 PM
Improved by what? 1 win? 2?

I would argue Hawks are worse without Carroll. Toronto are going to be worse. Brooklyn worse. Washington worse. Detroit worse.

The only team that made any significant improvement imo is Milwaukee. Most of the other teams are going to be the same or worse.

It's an awful conference. I don't see how anyone can say it's improved. For every team that gets 1 or 2 games better there's another team that's getting 1 or 2 games worse. It all ends up being the same crap.

The gap between the first and third seed in the East will be comparable to the gap between the first and 8th seed in the West.

I wish the free agents in the West would just head out East to help with the parity.
Toronto will be worse? I don't understand why people keep saying that? Who did they lose? I think Carroll is going to help them big time. They finally have a legit wing defender to take the pressure of Derozen. Guys like Jonas continue to improve.

The Wizards lost Pierce, but their young guys are still developing.

Detroit worse? I don't see that at all. SVG finally has the players to run their system.

Can anyone here look up the average age of the western conference teams vs the eastern conference?

ROY 2 MVP Braun
07-20-2015, 11:27 PM

Seriously. SVG turned a dysfunctional mess into a proper team. I have them making the play offs with 40+ wins.

what is their starting lineup?
Jackson
KCP
Johnson
Ilyasova
Drum

Than whats their bench look like? I think they at best are going to be equal to last year! Losing Monroe and replacing him with Ersan is going to be a big time loss imo Ersan is and has been really hit or miss every other night for the last 2/3 years. More nights miss than hit. They improved through the draft and also added THJR which is a good get for them IMO. I just think the players they added or enough to balance out what theyre going to be losing going from Monroe to Ilyasova. They might be a little better with Reggie Jackson having a full off season to learn and perfect SVG offense but at best I can only see them being as high as the 7th seed and at worst I could see them in the bottom 3/4/5 of the east.

Can either of you guys give me more insight as to why you guys think they are going to be improving so much this season?

sweet-d
07-20-2015, 11:30 PM
Found this. I'm not sure how accurate it is though.

http://en.hispanosnba.com/teams/comparison

5ass
07-20-2015, 11:39 PM
what is their starting lineup?
Jackson
KCP
Johnson
Ilyasova
Drum

Than whats their bench look like? I think they at best are going to be equal to last year! Losing Monroe and replacing him with Ersan is going to be a big time loss imo Ersan is and has been really hit or miss every other night for the last 2/3 years. More nights miss than hit. They improved through the draft and also added THJR which is a good get for them IMO. I just think the players they added or enough to balance out what theyre going to be losing going from Monroe to Ilyasova. They might be a little better with Reggie Jackson having a full off season to learn and perfect SVG offense but at best I can only see them being as high as the 7th seed and at worst I could see them in the bottom 3/4/5 of the east.

Can either of you guys give me more insight as to why you guys think they are going to be improving so much this season?
Yeah i see them at 8th seed 40 or 41 wins, not conteders or anything. They won 32 last year. Their bench includes Jennings, Meeks, Baynes and I actually think Morris starts while Ilyasova comes off the bench. Very solid IMO. I trust in SVG being able to run his system very well with the guys he put together.

5ass
07-20-2015, 11:44 PM
Found this. I'm not sure how accurate it is though.

http://en.hispanosnba.com/teams/comparison

Thanks thats 2015-2016 though. Im not able to go from there to get this season, im on my phone, but will check later because im curious.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
07-20-2015, 11:49 PM

Heat will be good. IMO

CLE
MIA
ATL
CHI
WASH
TOR
MIL
BOS

will be the Eastern playoff picture. NY, BKLN, ORL, DETR and IND all have a shot too. This should be an interesting year. If Wade and Bosh are healthy, and Dragic and Deng can click with them, this MIA team is dangerous. 55+ wins for them next year IMO.

I kept waiting for them to at least mention McRoberts the whole time I watched that video. He's better than Amare and Bird, I don't know why they never even mentioned him. But then again no one takes those guys seriously, and for good reason. I agree with the Heat being a top team in the East this year, but I wouldn't look to them to make the case for me.

A great team??? How about we start by calling them a team that has a chance to be good before we call them great. And they aren't getting past LBJ's Cavs.

1st bold: I think that's a big IF with Wade and Bosh being healthy. I think that is why most people are weary of them. Also I don't think people are sure of how Dragic will fit into that team, as well as Deng slowing down and not being the all star caliber player that he was in the past! Also I'm not sure as well as others im sure of how good their Center is going to be. Yeah he had a really good stretch last season but their is a reason he never broke out into a starter on his rookie contract as well as being out of the league last year or 2 before playing with the heat. I think a lot depends on if he can play how he did last season or if it was a fluke and he just played out of his mind for a good stretch of time. I think it will lay in the middle and he wont put up the numbers he did last season nor will he be a player who couldn't even get signed. I think he'll be at best average but that's just my opinion.

So I think that there are a ton of question marks as far as the heat go. If everything goes perfect yeah they can be as high as the 2 seed but at worst they could be a team on the outside looking into the playoffs at the end of the season! I guess we'll see once the season starts.

Also one last thing is that injuries do happen and not only do they have to worry about Wade/Bosh but if they get hit with injuries in other places that could be a huge factor in their season as well!

ROY 2 MVP Braun
07-20-2015, 11:56 PM
Yeah i see them at 8th seed 40 or 41 wins, not conteders or anything. They won 32 last year. Their bench includes Jennings, Meeks, Baynes and I actually think Morris starts while Ilyasova comes off the bench. Very solid IMO. I trust in SVG being able to run his system very well with the guys he put together.

oh yeah, to be honest I forgot they got one of the twins. He'll probably start which helps imo. Also Meeks is a good 6th man. Jennings will be out most of the season tho? no? Yeah I can see them improving a little though so I agree with you that they could an 8th seed. That might be tough tough considering the east got better as well!

5ass
07-20-2015, 11:58 PM
1st bold: I think that's a big IF with Wade and Bosh being healthy. I think that is why most people are weary of them. Also I don't think people are sure of how Dragic will fit into that team, as well as Deng slowing down and not being the all star caliber player that he was in the past! Also I'm not sure as well as others im sure of how good their Center is going to be. Yeah he had a really good stretch last season but their is a reason he never broke out into a starter on his rookie contract as well as being out of the league last year or 2 before playing with the heat. I think a lot depends on if he can play how he did last season or if it was a fluke and he just played out of his mind for a good stretch of time. I think it will lay in the middle and he wont put up the numbers he did last season nor will he be a player who couldn't even get signed. I think he'll be at best average but that's just my opinion.

So I think that there are a ton of question marks as far as the heat go. If everything goes perfect yeah they can be as high as the 2 seed but at worst they could be a team on the outside looking into the playoffs at the end of the season! I guess we'll see once the season starts.

Also one last thing is that injuries do happen and not only do they have to worry about Wade/Bosh but if they get hit with injuries in other places that could be a huge factor in their season as well!

Why wouldnt they be healthy though? They didnt make the play offs so they had a long vacation. Bosh should be 100%. I think everyone is hoping Dragic takes enough pressure off Wade where he can stay relatively healthy. Also IMO whiteside is a beast. He'll be top 5 center in the east easy.

5ass
07-21-2015, 12:01 AM
oh yeah, to be honest I forgot they got one of the twins. He'll probably start which helps imo. Also Meeks is a good 6th man. Jennings will be out most of the season tho? no? Yeah I can see them improving a little though so I agree with you that they could an 8th seed. That might be tough tough considering the east got better as well!
True. It won't be easy. East's 8th seed could be close to 42 wins. Jennings was injured in January, but not sure when he returns.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
07-21-2015, 12:12 AM
Why wouldnt they be healthy though? They didnt make the play offs so they had a long vacation. Bosh should be 100%. I think everyone is hoping Dragic takes enough pressure off Wade where he can stay relatively healthy. Also IMO whiteside is a beast. He'll be top 5 center in the east easy.

Im not sure about everything with Bosh and if there is any chance for the blood clots to come back or if it was a 1 time thing and once its cleared your good and healthy and don't have to worry about it anymore so that's why I included him. Wade on the other hand they give games off to for him to have an easier work load and stay healthy but he still seems to get banged up every season even with taking games off. So I just think its a big IF because they have players that have missed time or have a history of getting banged up. Even if they are healthy and stay healthy all season I think they need to develop chemistry together as a starting 5. They can be a very good team and be a 2 seed but I think that is if everything goes right! (Health being a big factor IMO) Otherwise they will be a good team and could finish anywhere from 5-12 or so in the East. That's just my opinion on their team.

5ass
07-21-2015, 12:25 AM
Im not sure about everything with Bosh and if there is any chance for the blood clots to come back or if it was a 1 time thing and once its cleared your good and healthy and don't have to worry about it anymore so that's why I included him. Wade on the other hand they give games off to for him to have an easier work load and stay healthy but he still seems to get banged up every season even with taking games off. So I just think its a big IF because they have players that have missed time or have a history of getting banged up. Even if they are healthy and stay healthy all season I think they need to develop chemistry together as a starting 5. They can be a very good team and be a 2 seed but I think that is if everything goes right! (Health being a big factor IMO) Otherwise they will be a good team and could finish anywhere from 5-12 or so in the East. That's just my opinion on their team.
Yeah i agree with a lot of what you said, i just think they finish 2-7 in the east. I really like the team they put together though. Most well balanced team they've had in years.

Gander13SM
07-21-2015, 02:17 AM
Are they clear cut number one seed in the east? Point is as an individual player no one else makes nearly as much of a difference when he moves from one team to another.

Yes. Absolutely. They are vastly superior to every other Eastern team.

That Cavs team might not make it to the conference final in the West, they'll breeze to it out East. In the West it's a bloody war, in the East it's systematic genocide by one element. Making the conference finals out east is the equivalent to winning the first round out West.

SPURSFAN1
07-21-2015, 02:36 AM
The same cycle every year guys. Optimistic before the season starts then looking forward to the lottery. :laugh:
The east is a joke. The cavs wouldn't even have homecourt in the west.

MiamiLoyal926
07-21-2015, 09:04 AM

What if scenarios and best case versus worse case scenarios can be said about all teams. The fact is, they should be mentioned as top 4 in the east at the moment, but most don't even mention them as top 7-8.

As for Bosh, Haslem has had blood clots as well and has returned from it without any lingering or reoccurring issues.

Whiteside may be or may not be the next best center... but he did prove that he is at least a good and very serviceable big. He will get you boards and blocks, and can finish some around the basket.

Wade does get banged up, but with the added depth of dragic, green, and winslow; wade should have less of a burden on him. Also, we can give him nights off without as much of a drop off as there was last season in skill and serviceable players. This is the same type of treatment given to spurs players... and they are able to continue without their top players due to depth.

Dragic already had a few months to build chemistry with most of his teammates last season and has already played with green and amare in the past. He looked and did well in those few months with us.

Deng is a solid defender who moves well without the ball. Really no negatives to him other than I wish he could do a better job at spreading the court.

McRoberts wasn't even mentioned. He is a solid defender who can stretch the court, dribble some, drive, and pass. He is a great all around player who adds depth.

Point is, with the amount of talent and depth on the team, why would they not be considered top 4 at this time?

Dragic/Chalmers/Napier
Wade/Green/Tyler Johnson
Deng/Winslow/Zoran
Bosh/McRoberts/Haslem
Whiteside/Amare/Birdman

Great starting lineup with a serviceable bench/fringe starters for nights that the starters are not available. How do you not atleast mention this team?

Baffling.