PDA

View Full Version : Which team would you pick?

Aust
07-17-2015, 01:31 PM
http://imgur.com/6jAOs8p

Saw this and thought it would be an interesting discussion.

Team name based on the player in the middle of each team pic.

Team Magic
Team Michael
Team Kobe
Team Lebron

*Edit: One more thing to note. This should go without saying, but assuming all players shown are in their prime.

goingfor28
07-17-2015, 01:33 PM
Team Magic

Hawkeye15
07-17-2015, 01:36 PM
Magic, all day every day. Look at his weapons haha

Magic is the most unselfish of the 4, I don't think LeBron, Kobe, or Jordan function as well on loaded scoring teams. Redundant. Jordan was given Wade and Iverson, that is a nightmare even with that frontcourt. Kobe's team is 2nd to me, and much of that is because Westbrook/LeBron aren't going to function as well imo, very overlapping skillsets.

ewing
07-17-2015, 01:38 PM
what he said ^

Aust
07-17-2015, 01:45 PM
I don't know why the guy put Wade, Jordan and Iverson together.

GREATNESS ONE
07-17-2015, 01:54 PM
Capt'n & Kobe!

jerellh528
07-17-2015, 01:55 PM
Team Kobe is most well rounded and has 4/5 top 10 players of all time. I choose them. I think they're all basically sort of a toss up though but team Kobe has the least weakness.

Team magic: No spacing/ slightly softer than the rest
Team Jordan: Too many ball dominant players to be successful, especially with iverson.
Team Kobe: A weakness doesn't come to mind.
Team el bj: spacing/ redundant skillsets

mngopher35
07-17-2015, 01:56 PM
Team Jordan and Lebron just don't fit well at all.

I would take team Kobe, that is just loaded with top talent ever and they fit somewhat well (kareem in top 3, Duncan top 5, Bird/Kobe top 10).

JROX213*323*310
07-17-2015, 01:56 PM
I wouldn't pick any. All those teams are ridiculously stacked. You could put them in a tournament 100 different times and have 100 different results. There are clearly players who are better are certain things than other, but with the all time greats, there is very little that's separate them. Sure we can look at basic or advances stats and make assumptions of how they would perform, but at the end of the day all of these guys can be dominant in any given day and win against each other.

RLundi
07-17-2015, 02:01 PM
Team Kobe or Team Magic. Probably Kobe. The other rosters are a little imbalanced. Kobe's has the best mix of quickness, post play, defense and shooting.

Hawkeye15
07-17-2015, 02:04 PM
Team Kobe is most well rounded and has 4/5 top 10 players of all time. I choose them. I think they're all basically sort of a toss up though but team Kobe has the least weakness.

Team Jordan: Too many ball dominant players to be successful, especially with iverson.

If Kobe took his role to be much less of a scorer, and more of a defender/facilitator, his team joins Magic for me.

The other 2, no way.

mudvayne387
07-17-2015, 02:24 PM
Westbrook, Kobe, and Iverson all ruin it for me leaving Team Magic as the only option.

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-17-2015, 03:06 PM

This this and this.

Kobe team is as well rounded as you can get.

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-17-2015, 03:12 PM
Magic, all day every day. Look at his weapons haha

Magic is the most unselfish of the 4, I don't think LeBron, Kobe, or Jordan function as well on loaded scoring teams. Redundant. Jordan was given Wade and Iverson, that is a nightmare even with that frontcourt. Kobe's team is 2nd to me, and much of that is because Westbrook/LeBron aren't going to function as well imo, very overlapping skillsets.

Magic>Paul
Durant<Kobe
Pippen<bird
Unibrow<Timmy
Wilt<Kaj

It's Kobe team quite easily and you know it.

kdspurman
07-17-2015, 03:23 PM
If Kobe took his role to be much less of a scorer, and more of a defender/facilitator, his team joins Magic for me.

The other 2, no way.

Would Kobe need to be more of a facilitator with Cp3 and Bird? I think he'd have to touch it less so KAJ/TD can go to work down low, and probably play more off the ball than he's done, but I think he's versatile enough to do that and a good enough shooter to knock down the open shots he'd get with that front line

moshy2
07-17-2015, 03:24 PM
LeBron and Jordan have the most talent on their teams but there isn't enough balls to go around. The egos would get in the way IMO and what seems like most people's opinion. Magic's team would be able to gel the best and is still stacked

Kyben36
07-17-2015, 03:30 PM
team kobe or team magic for me, really not big on team michael or lebron

moshy2
07-17-2015, 03:41 PM
It's really close between Kobe and Magic but I still slightly favor Magic. I think Jordan's team is done, they would be clashing all the time. LeBron's team is actually really interesting to me. With the Round Mound and Diesel inside, I mean good luck getting a board or keeping them off the offensive glass. Throw in Malone and LeBron's versatility and that team can really grind you out. Westbrook really hurts that team for me. Change it to a Chris Paul and I might pick them

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-17-2015, 03:50 PM
Team Kobe? More like Team Kareem.

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-17-2015, 03:56 PM
I think team Magic is the best. If team Jordan had a different type of PG I might go them, but that team makes little sense to me. Like how do you not have a SF on that team and Iverson as the PG, cmon now lol. You basically have 3 sg who are ball dominant.

But Team Magic has unbelievable D and versatility with Pippen and Davis. They also have a dominant Center and KD gives them the scoring and shooting presence they need. I'm going with team Magic.

Team Lebron is interesting though. The physicality of that time might actually be the equalizer. At the end of the day they might win on that alone. Picking the best team is one thing, but picking based on the matchups is another. Kareem can't defend Shaq for instance. Too much strength for Shaq.

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-17-2015, 04:00 PM
On second thought... team Kobe probably is the best all around team.

Hawkeye15
07-17-2015, 04:02 PM
Magic>Paul
Durant<Kobe
Pippen<bird
Unibrow<Timmy
Wilt<Kaj

It's Kobe team quite easily and you know it.

that isn't how it works. You have to look at the teams and figure out who works best where. Hell on sheer talent alone LeBron's team is the best, but the fit is terrible compared to the other 3.

Hawkeye15
07-17-2015, 04:04 PM
Team Kobe? More like Team Kareem.

haha, exactly. It should be:

Team Wilt
Team Jordan
Team Kareem
Team Shaq

if we are going off where they rank all time

Scoots
07-17-2015, 04:51 PM
Team Magic has some FT issues too.

I hate to say it, but Team Kobe for me.

ohreally
07-17-2015, 05:05 PM
I don't know why the guy put Wade, Jordan and Iverson together.

Exactly, that's a terribly put together team. Lebron's is too, really. Magic definitely has the best team. If you switch out Paul for Clyde Frazier, Isiah Thomas, or Stockton I think Kobe's team is damn good and would be tough to call between that and Magic's team.

mngopher35
07-17-2015, 05:13 PM
What do people mean when they say team Lebron has more talent? I get Shaq and Lebron are way up there talent wise but then there is a drop off to get to Barkley/Malone then another for Westy.

I think Kareem/Duncan/Bird/Kobe is definitely the most talented grouping of 4 (all other teams only have 2 top 10 all time players) and Westbrook vs. CP3 doesn't do much to change anything for me (if anything I prefer cp3).

JasonJohnHorn
07-17-2015, 08:34 PM
Magic makes players better, gets everybody involved, and everybody wants to play with him. That is easy. As a franchise, Magic is the best guy in terms of not only winning, but keeping key pieces together.

Kobe is divisive, and can turn players away. Jordan was known to be one of the biggest @$$holes to ever play the game, and while Pippen and Rodman never threatened to leave with Jordan, I think a lot of that was Phil Jackson managing egos, which more than anything is what Jackson did bst, so unless I had Jackson in the deal, I wouldn't want Jordan. And LBJ is great, but he doesn't make players better the way Magic made players better, and he hasn't always been the best recruiter, nor have his teammates really shined when playing next to him. Bosh and Wade did see higher FG%'s, but Bosh has also noted that when you are playing with LBJ, you are picking up the scraps that he leaves behind. And I remember when Trevor Ariza was thinking of joining the Cavs the season before LBJ left, he came away saying that LBJ's refusal to commit to the team is what caused him to sign elsewhere. When you are trying to bring talent in to build around your franchise player, it doesn't help that he might not be committed long term. I think that issue is past now, but it will always be in people's minds when they are looking to join an LBJ team.

Jordan is clearly the best player among that group, no doubt, but in building a champion, Magic is the easy choice.

nickdymez
07-17-2015, 08:39 PM
There is absolutely no way team Kobe loses with Bird, Kobe, Duncan, and Jabbar...... WTF!!!!!!????

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-17-2015, 09:23 PM
[QUOTE=nickdymez;30173297]There is absolutely no way team Kobe loses with Bird, Kobe, Duncan, and Jabbar...... WTF!!!!!!????[/QUOTE
Oh there's a way, just in the minds of a select few on psd lol

ManRam
07-17-2015, 10:04 PM
*Team Duncan

Jeffy25
07-17-2015, 10:15 PM
It's weird to say, but team Jordan would probably be the worse of the 4.

LeBron and Shaq would dominate some teams together, but Barkley, Malone and Westbrook won't help that team very much, it will kill them.

Team Magic would win the most because they would be spaced the best. Team Kobe would be very good too.

Bostonjorge
07-17-2015, 10:18 PM
I would like to see team James vs team magic. Match Ups.

Shaq vs wilt
Malone vs Davis
Barkley vs pippen
Westbrook vs Durant
James vs magic

Then team Kobe vs team Jordan.

Kareem vs dream
Duncan vs Robinson
Bird vs Wade
Paul vs iverson
Kobe vs Jordan

Tony_Starks
07-17-2015, 10:21 PM
There is absolutely no way team Kobe loses with Bird, Kobe, Duncan, and Jabbar...... WTF!!!!!!????

Of course there is because Kobe would sabotage the team and make them worse. We all know he has no experience playing a defined role and making other stars jobs easier to th benefit of the team at a championship level!

Duh!!!! Lol

IKnowHoops
07-17-2015, 10:26 PM
What do people mean when they say team Lebron has more talent? I get Shaq and Lebron are way up there talent wise but then there is a drop off to get to Barkley/Malone then another for Westy.

I think Kareem/Duncan/Bird/Kobe is definitely the most talented grouping of 4 (all other teams only have 2 top 10 all time players) and Westbrook vs. CP3 doesn't do much to change anything for me (if anything I prefer cp3).

Not really sure about that. Statistically, Malone and Barkley are better than Bird and Kobe. Id rather have Prime Barkley and Prime Malone than Prime Kobe and Prime Bird. People are arguing fit, but I think that if Westy checks himself, plays hard defense and commits himself to creating for others, which he can do, I may have to go with Team Bron. Likewise for team Jordan, if AI commits to creating for others, there is just no where on the floor Ivo can't get to.

I'm going team Jordan and team Lebron as a tie, then team Magic, then team Kobe. But to be fair, these teams are all so close. All four teams beat and loose to each other. It changes every single game. But I think having Shaq makes it a little easier.

flea
07-17-2015, 10:33 PM
Team Duncan easily. They've got the best overall players by having one of only two of the teams with 4 top 15 players all time (the other being Jordan's team). Jordan's team is 3 slashers and 2 bigs though, with MJ as your best shooter. Team Duncan's worst shooter (Paul) is probably as good or better of a shooter as Jordan. With the type of beef inside all those lineups have you don't really need slashers so much as you do shooting. Team Duncan is the best defensive team as well, and could give the Barkley/Malone/Shaq frontline a run for its money on the glass.

Team Magic has the worst overall players and the worst or second worst overall defense. You've got to be really in love with Magic/Wilt to take them, and I'm not.

ManRam
07-17-2015, 11:18 PM
That LeBron team is so poorly constructed. :laugh: Like, LeBron and Shaq is an amazing 1-2 punch, but the rest absolutely does not fit in at all. It wouldn't work.

MJ's team has zero shooting either, and Iverson. That eliminates them. Kobe's team has 4 top-10 players ever (Kobe being the fringiest) and potentially the second best individual PG ever...as well as a great mix of offense and defense. I'm guessing this "Lontell DeVelle Days" fella is a Kobe fan!

I vote Team Duncan.

mngopher35
07-17-2015, 11:46 PM
Not really sure about that. Statistically, Malone and Barkley are better than Bird and Kobe. Id rather have Prime Barkley and Prime Malone than Prime Kobe and Prime Bird. People are arguing fit, but I think that if Westy checks himself, plays hard defense and commits himself to creating for others, which he can do, I may have to go with Team Bron. Likewise for team Jordan, if AI commits to creating for others, there is just no where on the floor Ivo can't get to.

I'm going team Jordan and team Lebron as a tie, then team Magic, then team Kobe. But to be fair, these teams are all so close. All four teams beat and loose to each other. It changes every single game. But I think having Shaq makes it a little easier.

I agree about Barkley being up there statistically with Bird/Kobe but Malone always fell off in the playoffs (CP3 is actually better than him statistcally fyi so that helps team Bryant too right?). On top of that Malone also benefited more than the others with stockton because he wasn't necessarily creating opportunities like they were which should be taken into account. Lastly, when defense is considered it will help the Bird/Kobe duo a good amount. Do you honestly think prime malone is better than prime Bird?

You can't be serious about your two top teams. Team Lebron doesn't have a consistent 3 point shooter and most of the team only scores inside the paint. They would be lacking defensively a bit as well on the perimeter with barkley chasing someone around. Team Jordan is better I guess but they have 3 guards that all overlap in what they do and none is really a floor spacer either. Team Kobe, who you have in last place, is at least arguably the most talented and easily the best fit between the three.

Bostonjorge
07-18-2015, 12:26 AM
Kobe team is to well balanced. All 5 are elite on offense and defense. Kareem's unstoppable hook shot, Duncans bank shot, birds shooting, Paul's passing and Kobe unstoppable offense. I see team Kobe winning every single time.

Jeffy25
07-18-2015, 02:10 AM
I love this idea, I'm gonna make another thread about active players

FYL_McVeezy
07-18-2015, 02:26 AM
Magic no question....

Raidaz4Life
07-18-2015, 05:11 AM
Kobe pretty easily

nickdymez
07-18-2015, 11:18 AM
Kobe team is to well balanced. All 5 are elite on offense and defense. Kareem's unstoppable hook shot, Duncans bank shot, birds shooting, Paul's passing and Kobe unstoppable offense. I see team Kobe winning every single time.
Bird wasn't elite on defense, but the rest is spot on..

FraziersKnicks
07-18-2015, 03:08 PM
Team Duncan

MonroeFAN
07-18-2015, 03:18 PM
I take Kobe's team.