PDA

View Full Version : LeBron wins ESPY for best championship performance

Scoots
07-15-2015, 11:46 PM
I can understand the debate about NBA Finals MVP, but best Championship performance? No f'n way. Not even close. Madison Bumgarner should have walked away with that award. Bumgarner was so dominant the analysts were down to a few names in nearly 150 years of baseball to compare his championship performance to. LeBron put up good numbers and controlled the series, but the debate for best-NBA-finals-performance-since didn't come close to the talk about Bumgarner.

It feels like it was because it was most recent, and the voters felt bad for him.

bucketss
07-15-2015, 11:55 PM
well deserved.

hotdalton18
07-16-2015, 12:03 AM
Like nobody has had an all around finals like that? Bron deserved it for sure

Allphakenny1
07-16-2015, 12:04 AM
Not even close, Bumgarner by a mile!

ricky recon
07-16-2015, 12:09 AM
I don't get it, they didn't win. The whole Caitlyn Jenner thing was stupid as well. I think the ESPYs is more like "Media event with celebs with a sports theme".

Stupid.

ricky recon
07-16-2015, 12:10 AM
LeBron shot less than 40 FG% in the Finals.

static_inferno
07-16-2015, 12:13 AM
ESPYs are a joke.

IKnowHoops
07-16-2015, 12:14 AM
Well deserved

lincecum=future
07-16-2015, 12:17 AM
Who cares. Anyone that pays attention to sports knows Bumgarner easily should have won.

Scoots
07-16-2015, 12:24 AM
Like nobody has had an all around finals like that? Bron deserved it for sure

Off the top of my head we can just go back a handful of years to find Dwyane Wade's finals performance to find a comparable all-around performance:
Wade 34.7 pts 7.8 rebs 3.8 ast 2.7 stl 1 blk while shooting .468/.773 with an ORTG of 113 and a DRTG of 97

James 35.8 pts 13.3 rebs 8.8 ast 1.3 stl .5 blk while shooting .398/.687 with an ORTG of 104 and a DRTG of 104

So, James had near double the rebound and assists while Wade had near double the steals and blocks.

While to find comparable World Series comparables to Bumgarner they were talking about guys who played a century ago.

I'm in no way downplaying LeBron's finals. It was incredible. But what Bumgarner did was WAY more rare.

Scoots
07-16-2015, 12:26 AM
ESPYs are a joke.

I bet Floyd Mayweather isn't laughing after Rhonda Rousey laid a verbal smackdown for the ages on him. Awesome.

Hawkeye15
07-16-2015, 12:29 AM
I don't follow anything outside the NBA and NFL, so I wouldn't know.

But giving the award to a player who lost isn't really my thing.

ricky recon
07-16-2015, 12:36 AM
E for effort.

PowerHouse
07-16-2015, 12:44 AM
Espys are a joke. Although I do have much respect for Stuart Scott's awsome speech at last year's.

BKdoubleStacker
07-16-2015, 12:51 AM
It's the espys. Not really a big deal or of any significance

Phantom Dreamer
07-16-2015, 01:03 AM
I'll give him credit, he was embarrassed for accepting the "second place" award.

5ass
07-16-2015, 01:08 AM
He only won because the east is a joke.

Kyben36
07-16-2015, 01:30 AM
if lebron could win every espy he would. espys are a joke, if lebron wins Best Finals performance while loosing, i guess that its riged, winner should have been Carli Lloyd. 3 goals in a blowout vs Japan. im not sure it counts a a championship, but it was the final game. her performance was outragous.

numba1CHANGsta
07-16-2015, 01:48 AM
Did this really deserve a thread? LeBron won the award because ESPN felt bad for him

*Silver&Black*
07-16-2015, 01:54 AM
Lebron won an ESPN award? Word?

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-16-2015, 02:13 AM
I don't get it, they didn't win. The whole Caitlyn Jenner thing was stupid as well. I think the ESPYs is more like "Media event with celebs with a sports theme".

Stupid.

This, the espys is a joke anyways.

Bostonjorge
07-16-2015, 03:07 AM
Good for James. He's needs every pick up he can get.

Avenged
07-16-2015, 03:20 AM
He lost.. but anything to make him feel better right.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-16-2015, 03:43 AM
Don't follow the ESPYs but I think fans vote the award so doesn't really mean anything.

Greedy22
07-16-2015, 06:18 AM
Bumgarner literally had a postseason for the ages too.

valade16
07-16-2015, 08:24 AM
Off the top of my head we can just go back a handful of years to find Dwyane Wade's finals performance to find a comparable all-around performance:
Wade 34.7 pts 7.8 rebs 3.8 ast 2.7 stl 1 blk while shooting .468/.773 with an ORTG of 113 and a DRTG of 97

James 35.8 pts 13.3 rebs 8.8 ast 1.3 stl .5 blk while shooting .398/.687 with an ORTG of 104 and a DRTG of 104

So, James had near double the rebound and assists while Wade had near double the steals and blocks.

While to find comparable World Series comparables to Bumgarner they were talking about guys who played a century ago.

I'm in no way downplaying LeBron's finals. It was incredible. But what Bumgarner did was WAY more rare.

I don't follow baseball that closely so I'll take your word that Bumgarner deserved the award, but I'm not sure you could use rare as the disqualifier because LeBron is the only player to have led both teams in points, rebounds and assists in the Finals.

As in he led both the Cavs and Warriors in all 3 categories.

So in terms of rareness LeBron James' performance can only be as rare as Bumgarner's and not any less so because the number of people who did what James did is 1 name long.

That being said, I'm not really qualified to compare performances from baseball to basketball so Bumgarner could very well have been the more deserving player, but I'm not even sure if he is the most deserving player.

Cari Lloyd had a hat trick in the Championship game vs. Japan. That's pretty incredible as well.

ClutchTime
07-16-2015, 08:27 AM
ESPN has always been on LeBron win or lose. The award goes to Bumgarner though. It's the ESPY'S though, so I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

KnicksorBust
07-16-2015, 08:31 AM
I can understand the debate about NBA Finals MVP, but best Championship performance? No f'n way. Not even close. Madison Bumgarner should have walked away with that award. Bumgarner was so dominant the analysts were down to a few names in nearly 150 years of baseball to compare his championship performance to. LeBron put up good numbers and controlled the series, but the debate for best-NBA-finals-performance-since didn't come close to the talk about Bumgarner.

It feels like it was because it was most recent, and the voters felt bad for him.

Don't feel like diving in too deep on this one. The OP is right. It should have been Bumgarner. 0.25 era and pitching on 2 days rest? Come on.

2-ONE-5
07-16-2015, 08:35 AM
i dont take ESPN seriously nor the Espy's. they just follow their own agenda even when they know they are wrong.

IndyRealist
07-16-2015, 09:04 AM
I assume this is for team sports? Because Ronda Rousey beat her 3 opponents this year in 1:36 combined, her last 2 in :14 and :16. In terms of championship performances this year, no one else comes close.

Serena Williams has not been beaten by #2 Maria Sharapova in 9 years, and just won her 21st Grand Slam, as many as all other active female tennis players combined. In terms of active career, no one else comes close to the dominance of Serena.

ATX
07-16-2015, 09:36 AM

Stupid.

What was stupid about it? Having the courage to be who you are inside, despite all the vitriol. Having the courage to shed light on a discrimated group of people, where 41% attempt suicide.

“This transition has been harder on me than anything I could have imagined. Trans people deserve something vital — they deserve your respect. And from that respect, comes a more compassionate community, a more empathetic society and a better world for all of us.”
-Caitlyn Jenner

Guess this doesn't matter to you because people are not all alike. I feel sorry for you.

This, the espys is a joke anyways.

Of course you would agree about the "Jenner thing" being "Stupid".

Big Zo
07-16-2015, 09:36 AM
He won an Espy for winning a championship, by NOT winning a championship. Makes sense.

ewing
07-16-2015, 10:19 AM
Bumgarner was oblivious choice. LeBron makes news ratings etc

nickdymez
07-16-2015, 10:22 AM
The narrative with Lebron seems to be if he wins he did it all and if he loses his team didn't show up. So this helps his case. Congrats Lebron.

Jamiecballer
07-16-2015, 12:12 PM
i don't understand the debate to be honest. i watched both the world series and the nba finals. james was out of this world. bumgarner was just really really good. i also think the fact that he did it against the Royals, fair or not, is a major factor. they just weren't a great championship test.

Scoots
07-16-2015, 12:15 PM
What was stupid about it? Having the courage to be who you are inside, despite all the vitriol. Having the courage to shed light on a discrimated group of people, where 41% attempt suicide.

-Caitlyn Jenner

Guess this doesn't matter to you because people are not all alike. I feel sorry for you.

Of course you would agree about the "Jenner thing" being "Stupid".

I have a close friend who is trans and I am certain that his thinking about suicide was not because of society but because of an internal monologue. I think trying to act like nothing is going on there is worse than acknowledging the strange and being accepting in the face of that acknowledgement.

basch152
07-16-2015, 12:16 PM
i don't understand the debate to be honest. i watched both the world series and the nba finals. james was out of this world. bumgarner was just really really good. i also think the fact that he did it against the Royals, fair or not, is a major factor. they just weren't a great championship test.

Out of this world missing 118 shots in the finals, a record btw?

His efficiency was not very good.

Jamiecballer
07-16-2015, 12:17 PM
He won an Espy for winning a championship, by NOT winning a championship. Makes sense.

as i understand it the award is for best championship performance.

Jamiecballer
07-16-2015, 12:20 PM
Out of this world missing 118 shots in the finals, a record btw?

His efficiency was not very good.

a pointless record. he was literally doing everything in that series. not figuratively, mind you, actually doing everything.

Tony_Starks
07-16-2015, 12:23 PM
A loser wins the award for Finals performance, Bruce Jenner wins a award for courage, meanwhile Serena Williams "looks like a man."

Yeah, this world is screwed.

mngopher35
07-16-2015, 12:28 PM
I mostly follow NBA and NFL (with wild hockey mixed in) so I am no expert in the other options but I feel like there was probably a better choice with bumgarner or the woman's soccer player.

Vee-Rex
07-16-2015, 01:02 PM
LOL, it's the ESPY's.

No big deal.

ewing
07-16-2015, 01:35 PM
A loser wins the award for Finals performance, Bruce Jenner wins a award for courage, meanwhile Serena Williams "looks like a man."

she does

Hawkeye15
07-16-2015, 01:38 PM

to be fair, when she is competing, she absolutely looks like a dude. She is 5'10", probably weighs close to 200 lbs of pure muscle. Off court, when she is made up, she looks more feminine, but she straight up is dude-ish. Part of why she dominates, she is just bigger and stronger than the rest of them.

RowBTrice
07-16-2015, 01:43 PM
Well maybe lebron james can take this award, melt it down, and re-make it into a ring. That should help his legacy then.

D-Leethal
07-16-2015, 01:44 PM

Please explain how Bumgarner was NOT "out of this world". He did everything you could possibly ask a pitcher to do in a World Series and than some. And his team won. You can't make a legitimate non-TMZ argument that James deserved that award over Bumgarner. That said, it is a TMZ award, so we shouldn't be surprised.

D-Leethal
07-16-2015, 01:48 PM
From a pure sports perspective, there is no argument at all for James over Bumgarner. The argument for TMZSPN was "nobody cares about baseball OR knows who Madison Bumgarner is, we just finished the most watched Finals in NBA history and nobody on Golden State with a big name played well enough"

D-Leethal
07-16-2015, 01:49 PM
I was on mute during the speech though - what did LeBron say? I'm sure he admitted he didn't deserve it right away yet his fanboys can't even do that.

Hawkeye15
07-16-2015, 01:52 PM
I was on mute during the speech though - what did LeBron say? I'm sure he admitted he didn't deserve it right away yet his fanboys can't even do that.

do you consider me a LeBron fanboy?

Jamiecballer
07-16-2015, 01:54 PM
Please explain how Bumgarner was NOT "out of this world". He did everything you could possibly ask a pitcher to do in a World Series and than some. And his team won. You can't make a legitimate non-TMZ argument that James deserved that award over Bumgarner. That said, it is a TMZ award, so we shouldn't be surprised.

both guys had incredible series, but there are 2 factors that push this decidedly towards lebron for me.

level of competition
and the fact that bumgarner played 21 of 61 innings.

mngopher35
07-16-2015, 01:56 PM
From a pure sports perspective, there is no argument at all for James over Bumgarner. The argument for TMZSPN was "nobody cares about baseball OR knows who Madison Bumgarner is, we just finished the most watched Finals in NBA history and nobody on Golden State with a big name played well enough"

haha when I saw people arguing for Bumgarner here that was my personal thought as well, it's probably because not enough people watch baseball. I personally don't watch baseball and had no idea he played great (recognize name and that he's a pitcher only). On the other hand if I was voting for an award I would probably do a little research...

BKLYNpigeon
07-16-2015, 01:59 PM
The Espys are stupid.

D-Leethal
07-16-2015, 02:10 PM
both guys had incredible series, but there are 2 factors that push this decidedly towards lebron for me.

level of competition

Level of competition? The Royals took out the 1st and 2nd seed in the playoffs and Bumgarner was playing for the freakin' 5 seed. Royals are now 52-34 and in first place. I'd say they are pretty ****ing good. Bumgarner single handedly accounted for 3 out of 4 Ws in a 7 game series. The fact that he only played 21 of 61 innings and have that sort of impact is a plus, not a minus.

I also find it funny that you are an efficiency head yet conveniently disregard it completely for LeBron here...

D-Leethal
07-16-2015, 02:12 PM
LeBron's Jennings-like efficiency and the fact that his team lost in 6 games doesn't push it back at all?

Jamiecballer
07-16-2015, 02:25 PM
LeBron's Jennings-like efficiency and the fact that his team lost in 6 games doesn't push it back at all?

yes to the first. no to the second. despite all the shots Lebron's game never departed, at least from what i remember seeing, from the pass first mindset he always has. so i don't see it as chucking, just a guy who literally was doing everything out there for his team, including scoring. that lessens the blow efficiency wise for me. he was just forced to do that much. that contribution far outweighs the contribution of a pitcher to me, even though he was amazing when he was playing.

the second question is a no for obvious reasons.

ewing
07-16-2015, 02:29 PM
do you consider me a LeBron fanboy?

:nod:

Big Zo
07-16-2015, 02:38 PM
as i understand it the award is for best championship performance.

It can't be a championship performance if there's no championship.

Hawkeye15
07-16-2015, 02:40 PM
:nod:

not you a-hole

Chromehounds
07-16-2015, 02:46 PM
Bron will store this with all his other 2nd Place trophies.

Ty Fast
07-16-2015, 02:53 PM

I think madbum is happier with the ring than the espy award but I agree with you.

Jamiecballer
07-16-2015, 03:44 PM
It can't be a championship performance if there's no championship.

are you daft or just playing at it

Big Zo
07-16-2015, 04:13 PM
are you daft or just playing at it

Playing well while competing for a championship, is not a championship performance. Championships are earned after the fact, not during the series/game. This should be obvious.

Jamiecballer
07-16-2015, 04:16 PM
Playing well while competing for a championship, is not a championship performance. Championships are earned after the fact, not during the series/game. This should be obvious.

well if it's obvious then don't you think its odd that you were the only one "got" it?

obviously it's an award for the best performance in a championship.

Big Zo
07-16-2015, 04:22 PM
well if it's obvious then don't you think its odd that you were the only one "got" it?

obviously it's an award for the best performance in a championship.

You just called it a "championship" again. There was no championship for LeBron. Lol. "Championship series/Game." It's worded wrong by ESPN. But either way, MadBum should have won, and ESPN is a joke.

valade16
07-16-2015, 04:29 PM
You just called it a "championship" again. There was no championship for LeBron. Lol. "Championship series/Game." It's worded wrong by ESPN. But either way, MadBum should have won, and ESPN is a joke.

Then how come it's called the "National Championship Game" in college football?

So does that mean the losers didn't play in the championship game? How could the winners have played in the championship game and the losers not have?

Big Zo
07-16-2015, 04:37 PM

So does that mean the losers didn't play in the championship game? How could the winners have played in the championship game and the losers not have?

Read. I said it's supposed to be called "Championship game/series." Not simply "Championship."

Hawkeye15
07-16-2015, 04:37 PM
I mean, I get some of the reasoning. LeBron scored 33.54% of the Cavs points for the series. He assisted on 52.7% of his teammates points while on the floor. He played all but 12 minutes in the series. So he basically was directly involved in scoring 85% (literally) of the Cavs points. Never, in the history of the game, has one player carried such a load. It's widely known the more usage you pile on a player at a certain point, the more their efficiency suffers. Nobody could possibly expected to see the uber efficient LeBron with that workload.

But they lost, and that is where it is really hard for me to agree he deserved the award. Even if it is a team sport.

IndyRealist
07-16-2015, 04:59 PM
It's a moot argument. Ronda Rousey or Serena Williams should have won it.

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-16-2015, 05:03 PM

to be fair, when she is competing, she absolutely looks like a dude. She is 5'10", probably weighs close to 200 lbs of pure muscle. Off court, when she is made up, she looks more feminine, but she straight up is dude-ish. Part of why she dominates, she is just bigger and stronger than the rest of them.

Id hit it :shrug:

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-16-2015, 05:04 PM

do you consider me a LeBron fanboy?. With every fiber In Your body

Hawkeye15
07-16-2015, 05:14 PM

well, kiss your dick goodbye, it will probably get ripped off when she clenches

Hawkeye15
07-16-2015, 05:14 PM
. With every fiber In Your body

to be fair, you think 90% of the universe is a LeBron fanboy

flea
07-16-2015, 05:24 PM
Love how he keeps getting prizes, can't wait to see who puts "ESPY Award Winner" on his CV when comparing him to other greats in the game.

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-16-2015, 06:01 PM

well, kiss your dick goodbye, it will probably get ripped off when she clenches
Lol

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-16-2015, 06:02 PM
. With every fiber In Your body

to be fair, you think 90% of the universe is a LeBron fanboy

Meh, just you, FC, and a select few on this site

Scoots
07-16-2015, 07:39 PM

level of competition

Bumgarner won 3 games in the Series almost by himself ... LeBron managed to win 2 almost by himself.

kubernetes
07-16-2015, 07:57 PM

This might make sense if Williams simply overpowered her competition, but that's just not the case. She's not simply hitting the ball harder and faster than other women, she's winning with skill and mental fortitude.

Also, the Espy's are a joke. Awards make sense for movies and such, but athletics are already competitions by their very nature. The real awards come in the form of championships, MVP awards, HoF inductions, etc.

moshy2
07-16-2015, 09:01 PM
I heard LeBron got nominated for an Academy Award too for his dive into the camera.

On a serious note, it was obvious LeBron was going to win it. For all the haters he has, he has **** ton of people that ride him no matter what. Plus, most of the baseball community forgot about the Giants championship a week after it happened let alone the entire sports community. Most of the U.S. doesnt care about baseball and most of the ones that do don't care about the Giants. While basketball is incredibly popular

CityofTreez
07-16-2015, 09:13 PM
I wore a "LeBron's a *****" shirt everyday of the Finals, and agree with this award,
He's still a hitch, but the best ***** in the business, especially in this years Finsls!

Alan Shore
07-16-2015, 09:53 PM
First of all it's ESPN, so there's no credibility.

Second, I don't follow any sports except NBA, sure LeBron had the best performance in the NBA finals but are you telling me no other athlete on teams who won was as good as him?! It's just idiotic, and I'm surprised LeBron even showed up for the ceremony.

Jamiecballer
07-16-2015, 10:05 PM

He's playing dumb, don't feed the troll.

Jamiecballer
07-16-2015, 10:08 PM
Bumgarner won 3 games in the Series almost by himself ... LeBron managed to win 2 almost by himself.
I know I know, but what did he contribute the other 4 games. Exactly. It was an epic part time performance. I understand it's place on history I just can't justify it over just about any all time great series performance from the other sports.

Hawkeye15
07-17-2015, 12:24 AM
This might make sense if Williams simply overpowered her competition, but that's just not the case. She's not simply hitting the ball harder and faster than other women, she's winning with skill and mental fortitude.

Also, the Espy's are a joke. Awards make sense for movies and such, but athletics are already competitions by their very nature. The real awards come in the form of championships, MVP awards, HoF inductions, etc.

yeah totally, her complete advantage of being bigger and stronger means nothing. Got it.

Yes she is skilled. She could also play RB in the NFL. Great athletes are great athletes.

Phantom Dreamer
07-17-2015, 12:33 AM
The horse should have won. Triple Crown winner.

kubernetes
07-17-2015, 12:45 AM
yeah totally, her complete advantage of being bigger and stronger means nothing. Got it.

Yes she is skilled. She could also play RB in the NFL. Great athletes are great athletes.

I didn't say it meant nothing. I said that her game isn't solely reliant on overpowering opponents. Her strength helps, but it's only one aspect of her game.

moshy2
07-17-2015, 12:49 AM
I know I know, but what did he contribute the other 4 games. Exactly. It was an epic part time performance. I understand it's place on history I just can't justify it over just about any all time great series performance from the other sports.

He contributed nothing those other 4 games and his team went 1-3. The 3 games he pitched they were 3-0. Thats the definition of having to carry a team. Without a doubt his team would have lost without him and rather quickly. The fact that he's a pitcher should actually strengthen his argument. It's nearly impossible for them to single-handedly win a series and he pretty much did that.

Tony_Starks
07-17-2015, 01:01 AM

In a heartbeat.

PSD is not a fan of a serious tail I see.....

ewing
07-17-2015, 01:01 AM
The horse should have won. Triple Crown winner.

totally

ewing
07-17-2015, 01:03 AM
In a heartbeat.

She has a tail?

Tony_Starks
07-17-2015, 01:04 AM

She's athletic but the bigger point is a actual woman is being called a man and a dude in drag is being called beautiful.

Call me a old fashioned caveman but I find that pretty disturbing.

Munkeysuit
07-17-2015, 01:33 AM
Huge Lebron fan and I agree with the fact that maybe Lebron won because what he did was a bit more recent and still fresh in the voters minds? not really sure but Bumgarner definitely should have won in that category.

Tony_Starks
07-17-2015, 01:34 AM
In a heartbeat.

She has a tail?

What is commonly referred to in the streets as a thunder tail or one big whale of a tail!

Scoots
07-17-2015, 01:34 AM

Okay, how about Bum won his team 75% of a title, LeBron won 50% of no title :)

One thing that makes this kind of interesting is that the Giants had Bum and almost nothing else much like the Cavs and LeBron.

bucketss
07-17-2015, 01:41 AM
She's athletic but the bigger point is a actual woman is being called a man and a dude in drag is being called beautiful.

pretty sure most people still consider bruce a man, regardless though it took a lot of courage for jenner to do what he did.

Scoots
07-17-2015, 01:46 AM
I don't think the horse or Serena were eligible for the award

LakerShow
07-17-2015, 02:40 AM
I hate mad bum, but he deserved it, his perfOrmance was amazing. LeBron lost. So him getting it is Dumb.

Big Zo
07-17-2015, 07:27 AM
I don't think the horse or Serena were eligible for the award

I thought Serena was the horse?

Scoots
07-17-2015, 11:31 AM
I thought Serena was the horse?

I considered making that joke, but I wouldn't kick Serena out of bed so it would have been disingenuous.

Hawkeye15
07-17-2015, 11:45 AM

ah, gotcha. No argument with that. It's cool and all if someone wants to be a tran-gender, but they aren't "beautiful" because of it. You are either attractive or not physically.

I saw Serena being interviewed, with makeup, and all that, and she is cute. She just has a dude's body, straight up, and when you compete in sports, you aren't dolled up, so she looks man-ish. Oh well...

Hawkeye15
07-17-2015, 11:45 AM
What is commonly referred to in the streets as a thunder tail or one big whale of a tail!

your sig has that haha. That chick is pretty hot

ewing
07-17-2015, 11:49 AM
what is commonly referred to in the streets as a thunder tail or one big whale of a tail!

thunder tail!!! I'm going to use that on my skinny white woman lol

BoSox47
07-17-2015, 12:01 PM
American Pharoahs performance was infinitely better then anyone elses.

ManRam
07-17-2015, 12:06 PM
I don't have too strong of an opinion. It's an individual award, not a team one. And I don't really know how to distinguish a human from a horse. I also didn't watch, and never really have, so yeah...

But if you do have a strong opinion, why? No one has ever cited "Player X has won X amount of ESPYs and Player Y has only won Y amount". It's literally something no one cares about/remembers in any amount of time in the future.

Tony_Starks
07-17-2015, 12:10 PM
what is commonly referred to in the streets as a thunder tail or one big whale of a tail!

thunder tail!!! I'm going to use that on my skinny white woman lol

Lol use with discretion, they may just break it out on you!!

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-17-2015, 01:45 PM

pretty sure most people still consider bruce a man, regardless though it took a lot of courage for jenner to do what he did.

Who gives a **** about Jenner,lots of people do that. He's getting praise because he's connected to that scum of a family.

tredigs
07-17-2015, 01:53 PM
It's an ESPY. Literally nothing in the world of sports means less.

8kobe24
07-17-2015, 01:56 PM
c'mon guys...just give it to the poor guy. the man is having nightmares after losing the finals for christsake. espys giving awards to guys like bruce jenner for being caitlyn, why can't lebron?

IndyRealist
07-17-2015, 02:08 PM
Who gives a **** about Jenner,lots of people do that. He's getting praise because he's connected to that scum of a family.

People give a **** about Jenner because he's an Olympian and hero to a generation of Americans.

Hawkeye15
07-17-2015, 02:18 PM
People give a **** about Jenner because he's an Olympian and hero to a generation of Americans.

he is most likely way too young to remember that dude

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-17-2015, 02:51 PM

Jenner is far from being a hero. Cops,soldiers, firemen, people who help this world are Heros. Jenner is just a guy with a gold medal that turned weird and is looking to stay relevant.

moshy2
07-17-2015, 02:54 PM
I don't have too strong of an opinion. It's an individual award, not a team one. And I don't really know how to distinguish a human from a horse. I also didn't watch, and never really have, so yeah...

But if you do have a strong opinion, why? No one has ever cited "Player X has won X amount of ESPYs and Player Y has only won Y amount". It's literally something no one cares about/remembers in any amount of time in the future.

Because the last 2 days are the worst 2 days the whole year in sports. The ESPY's and British Open were literally the only thing going on. If it wasn't for that nobody would watch the ESPY's, which is why they schedule it then.

moshy2
07-17-2015, 03:16 PM

Getting UGGLA
07-17-2015, 03:44 PM
As long as that ******* doesn't win ACTUAL Championships, go ahead and keep praising the arrogant POS.

ewing
07-17-2015, 04:00 PM
i don't have too strong of an opinion. It's an individual award, not a team one. And i don't really know how to distinguish a human from a horse. i also didn't watch, and never really have, so yeah...

But if you do have a strong opinion, why? No one has ever cited "player x has won x amount of espys and player y has only won y amount". It's literally something no one cares about/remembers in any amount of time in the future.

whaaaat????

Hawkeye15
07-17-2015, 04:11 PM
Jenner is far from being a hero. Cops,soldiers, firemen, people who help this world are Heros. Jenner is just a guy with a gold medal that turned weird and is looking to stay relevant.

that I agree with

jerellh528
07-17-2015, 04:32 PM

True

dnl123
07-17-2015, 04:49 PM
Anyone who watched the World Series knows Bumgarner should have won, but these days the NBA and NFL are so much more popular. I think that is what hurt him. I respect Lebron but still....dumb.

IndyRealist
07-17-2015, 04:54 PM

During his era of the cold war, international competition was part of the ideological battlefield between two countries that were pointing nukes at each other. Winning in the Olympics counted as a win against the USSR and was, at the time, as important to the American people as firemen, cops, and soldiers. Whether you think he was a hero is irrelevant. He was and is a hero to a whole generation of Americans. The fact that he came out as trans and advocates for trans rights may help to sway an older, conservative group of voters to be, if not accepting, at least more tolerant.

Scoots
07-17-2015, 05:34 PM
whaaaat????

Not all cities have horses walking around like yours does. :)

PurpleJesus
07-17-2015, 05:51 PM
You could tell Lebron was like "really? I shouldnt be getting this."

He had a big grimace on his face when it was announced.