PDA

View Full Version : Destinations for Ty Lawson?

FriedTofuz
07-14-2015, 04:16 PM
Hearing about how much this guy's stock has plumeted, he still has a good contract of around 12 mil a year. Most teams already have a PG, but which teams would be willing to trade some assets to acquire him? Im thinking all it will take is a 1st round pick and a young player with potential. I think Dallas should get on this, they could use a PG even with Dwill coming over.

Kyben36
07-14-2015, 04:26 PM
.... not sure. its hard to say where he could/would go.

hugepatsfan
07-14-2015, 04:30 PM
I'm not sure I see any where team need and contracts to send back match up. I could see SAC sending Rondo's expiring deal plus other stuff to DEN for him midseason if their team sucks. I could see HOU but that goes back to my point about salaries matching up. BRK might be interested after shipping D-Will out. I could see BOS having some interest TBH. IDK, I don't see a lot of spots.

FriedTofuz
07-14-2015, 04:40 PM
I think the nets are a good fit. But what could the Nets offer at this point? do they even have their pick this year?

Silent
07-14-2015, 04:41 PM
Aa

KnicksYanks
07-14-2015, 04:44 PM
Sacramento cause they like nutcases.

Rondo
Lawson
Cousins
Smith

Weekly entertainment ... Off court entertainment I mean

ManRam
07-14-2015, 04:45 PM
clearly the market for him right now isn't gonna be great. probably forced to hold on to him and hope to find someone more desperate at the deadline

Kyben36
07-14-2015, 05:13 PM
New york would loook really good, but they have..... well, nothing to trade. outside of maybe Calderon and a few picks in the far future.

rhino17
07-14-2015, 05:18 PM
Rockets make too much sense

T Jones, KPap + 1st rounder and fillers make the salaries work

not sure how much more denver can get for him at this point

JLynn943
07-14-2015, 05:26 PM
Hopefully rehab.

Hopefully not Sacramento.

Sactown
07-14-2015, 06:14 PM
No way he ends up in Sacramento , looks like Denver is contemplating waiving him.. that says enough about his value around the league

ManRam
07-14-2015, 06:20 PM
Rockets make too much sense

T Jones, KPap + 1st rounder and fillers make the salaries work

not sure how much more denver can get for him at this point

not that i have any idea, but i'm not sure his value is that high right now. also, not sure houston has enough fillers to get the salary close enough but idk for sure.

edit: hell, there are now talks he might get waived.

edit 2: as stated above. i'm an idiot

KnicksorBust
07-14-2015, 06:23 PM
Elfrid Payton + Frye for Lawson
Joel Embiid for Lawson + 1st

Utah could really use him as well.

mbsalame123
07-14-2015, 06:31 PM
The nuggets were already asking for too much from a Lawson trade, and well now they are regretting the high asking price as Lawson has no trade value at all. The Rockets, Nets, Pacers, Sixers and no other team that might have been interested in Lawson are going to trade for Lawson now.

Expect him to get released and sign a contract with the New York Knicks to play with Melo and Afflalo, his old teammates.

mbsalame123
07-14-2015, 06:37 PM

There is no way any of these trades would ever happen. Sorry to let you down. Ty Lawson can't even get a 1st round draft pick out of a team right now. His stock is really low. Mario Chalmers has higher trade value than Lawson right now.

Lawson won't get traded anytime soon and the Nuggets will most likely release him just to get rid of him. The Sixers can snatch him away for a couple 2nd round picks at most. But, I don't think the Sixers want to have that sort of problem on their team right now.

He needs to go to veteran team where he would be the 3rd or 4th option on the team. A team like the Knicks would be good for him playing alongside Melo and Afflalo. Well, Jose Calderon and a draft pick might be enough for him right now, however I doubt they trade for him as Phil is looking for some role models on his team.

The Rockets could snatch him away but there is a problem with salaries matching, plus I think they are capable of trading for Chalmers using Kostas Papanikolaou's non-guarunteed contract.

The Nets don't have the assets to trade for him and don't want to be above the salary right now. The Pacers don't want to have issues with Ellis and Lawson. So therefore, there is no specific team that could be attracted to Lawson after his DUI.

The only option for the Nuggets is to release him and hope for the best for his down-spiraling career

ManRam
07-14-2015, 06:49 PM
i don't hate that magic proposal as much as i feel like i should. mudiay and payton in the same back court would be hysterical tho :laugh:

obviously the philly one wouldn't ever happen.

for a guy who's potentially about to get waived, i can't imagine either team's GM moving such important young pieces for him. not sure he has nearly that much value right now

Stunner
07-14-2015, 06:52 PM
Nets

mightybosstone
07-14-2015, 07:03 PM
not that i have any idea, but i'm not sure his value is that high right now. also, not sure houston has enough fillers to get the salary close enough but idk for sure.
The Rockets definitely have enough fillers. Dorsey and Prigoni's contracts alone would be enough to get it done, but they also have young guys like Nick Johnson or Monrtrezl Harrell they could throw in.

flea
07-14-2015, 07:08 PM
i don't hate that magic proposal as much as i feel like i should. mudiay and payton in the same back court would be hysterical tho :laugh:

Really? I used to watch more Magic games than I did last year, but in the 15-20 I saw Payton was easily my favorite player. He seemed like he improved a lot, plus has the size, athleticism, and skills to be an impact defender at the 1. There is nobody in the league currently I would call an impact defender at PG other than perhaps Paul.

Also don't see why Frye is talked about as being moved. Great contract for his skillset, which is unlikely to decline. I know you're a Magic fan, but as an outsider I think I'd get rid of Oladipo before I would Payton. Just don't see a Westbrook type of ceiling, and if you're not that good as a tweener guard you're sort of stuck with a bench role once your ceiling is reached.

Saddletramp
07-14-2015, 07:10 PM
The Rockets definitely have enough fillers. Dorsey and Prigoni's contracts alone would be enough to get it done, but they also have young guys like Nick Johnson or Monrtrezl Harrell they could throw in.

Am I missing something? Prigioni is only about $2 million and Dorsey is around $1 million or so, right? How would that match up to $12 million? Add in Kostas' at $5ish and Jones' $2.5 and they're still at $10 million or so.

Also, how did I get a Knicks av? What the hell?

Stunner
07-14-2015, 07:12 PM
Rockets don't have the assets to move for Lawson at this time .

Nets can offer Jack / Brown / Clark / Karasev for Lawson and a pick

Stunner
07-14-2015, 07:16 PM
The Nuggets are reportedly considering waiving Ty Lawson after he was arrested for his second DUI in California early Tuesday morning.
Lawson has two-years and $25.6 million left on his contract, so perhaps he should consider getting himself a personal driver. Denver may be done dealing with Lawson's constant off-court issues, but flat out waiving a player with such talent would be a bold move by Denver's front office. A trade would be a much better way to get him off the roster, and if that's the situation that plays out, Emmanuel Mudiay’s perspective fantasy value would take a major leap.

Fowl Rick
07-14-2015, 07:17 PM
AA
Prison
Back of a damn cab, or limo you millionaire douche bag
China
My senior mens basketball team
Who cares?

Mudvayne91
07-14-2015, 07:30 PM
Idk if they could get much, but hypothetically speaking, I don't see them wanting a PG in return. Obviously they want to get Mudiay as much time as possible and they also signed Nelson to a 3 year deal recently.

hugepatsfan
07-14-2015, 07:34 PM
Would a team like PHI claim him if he goes on waivers?

ManRam
07-14-2015, 07:38 PM
Really? I used to watch more Magic games than I did last year, but in the 15-20 I saw Payton was easily my favorite player. He seemed like he improved a lot, plus has the size, athleticism, and skills to be an impact defender at the 1. There is nobody in the league currently I would call an impact defender at PG other than perhaps Paul.

Also don't see why Frye is talked about as being moved. Great contract for his skillset, which is unlikely to decline. I know you're a Magic fan, but as an outsider I think I'd get rid of Oladipo before I would Payton. Just don't see a Westbrook type of ceiling, and if you're not that good as a tweener guard you're sort of stuck with a bench role once your ceiling is reached.

i wouldn't do that trade, but it's the type i could see myself being OK with a few years from now when we're hopefully closer to contending. i'm usually overly-harsh on prospects on teams i like for various weird reasons, so i'm not obsessed with payton. while he's great at many things, he's less-than-nba-caliber at too many other things. he's too young to really worry about that all, but if he can't figure out how to shoot or finish at the rim he's gonna be a rondo-lite and i don't like those types of PGs, at all. i like more scoring and especially shooting from that position. lawson + oladipo would be very undersized, but i think they're better compliments at this point. but payton is too intriguing of an unknown to even consider moving.

down the road it might become either-or with payton and oladipo. i don't think we're there yet, but while i've also been harsher on dipo than most magic fans, i do like him more and don't fear his ability to stick at the 2. and at that point i think you gotta trade for a more of a scorer/shooter from the position. but we're not there yet.

frye's contract looks far less worse now than it did half a year ago, but he and vucevic can't be on the court at the same time because of defensive reasons. considering vuc needs huge minutes, that's an issue. when they were on the court together we got outscored by 10 points per 100 possessions, the worst of any duo on the team (frye + harris and frye + oladipo being the second worst). we just don't have enough front court defense or rim protection to really justify him getting big minutes.

but yes, for a player with his skill set the contract is fine considering the market established this summer. he's just not a great fit, even on a team that needs outside shooting help.

deaner
07-14-2015, 07:45 PM
I am hoping after being waived that he comes to the Toronto Raptors. Ty and Masai talked everyday while they were together in Denver and Masai really mentored Lawson. Seems he could use some of that from someone he trusts.

Jamiecballer
07-14-2015, 07:51 PM
sounds like Masai didn't do a very good job lol

joeboow90
07-14-2015, 08:17 PM
I just hope he gets his life back in order because it seems like he's spiraling out of control with all the uncertainty surrounding him, DUIs are a serious offense and he's gonna do jail time if he gets another one within the next few years.

JustinTime
07-14-2015, 08:23 PM
I am hoping after being waived that he comes to the Toronto Raptors. Ty and Masai talked everyday while they were together in Denver and Masai really mentored Lawson. Seems he could use some of that from someone he trusts.

It'd be great if we could pick him and trade Lowry for something good.

mightybosstone
07-14-2015, 08:29 PM
Am I missing something? Prigioni is only about $2 million and Dorsey is around $1 million or so, right? How would that match up to $12 million? Add in Kostas' at $5ish and Jones' $2.5 and they're still at $10 million or so.

You don't have to match 100 percent of the contracts. You only have to match up to a certain percentage, which I believe is roughly around 75 percent. I tried it on the NBA trade machine and it worked.

mightybosstone
07-14-2015, 08:38 PM
Rockets don't have the assets to move for Lawson at this time .

Nets can offer Jack / Brown / Clark / Karasev for Lawson and a pick

The Rockets could easily top that offer. Jack is the only halfway competent NBA player you mentioned in that entire bunch and Houston has a number of better prospects and assets than any of those guys.

Stunner
07-14-2015, 08:46 PM
The Rockets could easily top that offer. Jack is the only halfway competent NBA player you mentioned in that entire bunch and Houston has a number of better prospects and assets than any of those guys.

It's not about topping , Lawson has no value right now lol nobody is giving up anything good for him especially when they're talking about releasing him .

And the Rockets can't top cuz they can't trade certain people till a certain date that have a big enough contract .

xxplayerxx23
07-14-2015, 09:17 PM
Would love for the Knicks to take a shot on him if waived.

KnickNyKnick
07-14-2015, 09:20 PM
what ever his destination, just dont let him drive there. NBA cares..

EDUTEXANS
07-14-2015, 09:20 PM
It's not about topping , Lawson has no value right now lol nobody is giving up anything good for him especially when they're talking about releasing him .

And the Rockets can't top cuz they can't trade certain people till a certain date that have a big enough contract .

I don't really post much here, but that's just wrong.

The Rockets can make ir work finacially by trading Papanikolaou's $4.797M unguaranteed deal, Prigioni's $1.7M partially guaranteed deal (only 440k guaranteed), Jones's $2.48 deal and Dorsey's or Johnson's minimum deal. The salaries match via the 125% plus $100k rule. Tax-paying teams can receive 125% plus $100k of the outgoing salary.

And aside from the rookies, who can be traded in 30 days after they signed their contracts, the Rockets can trade anyone not named Brewer and Beverley, who just got re-signed.

And yes, that would be a way better offer than the Nets' one.

Sactown
07-15-2015, 12:25 AM
I dont think teams are "topping" each other to get Lawson if they're talking about him being released... The only team I can think of being interested would be Houston as a contender needing to add talent to the back court , and I imagine they're either not interested or are watching to see what Denver does in the next 48 hours . I can't imagine a young team interested in turning to Lawson for leadership

Scoots
07-15-2015, 01:28 AM
No trade for Lawson is better for Lawson. The best option for Lawson is to get waived and sign where he wants for extra money. At this point Lawson has no reason to act willing to be traded and he and his agent can make that clear to any suitors that they can save a lot of money and roster and have him anyway if they just wait until he's cut. Once he's cut? The Rockets would be a great landing spot for him. There or the Spurs. Actually the Spurs are probably the best spot for Lawson because it's the only place any off the court talk just goes away as he becomes another cog in the machine.

HowBoutDemBulls
07-15-2015, 01:46 AM
Denver needs to move on from him so even though his value is super low I would still trade him for whatever. NYK, Houston, maybe Dallas would be possibilities. The Nuggs need to let Mudiay start because he looks to be a damn good baller.

JEDean89
07-15-2015, 01:53 AM
Knicks would have to trade Calderon, its the only way to make the salaries work. Lawson is a damn fine player, and was the star of a 57 win team, and is one of the few guys in the league who can really run an elite offense. If he goes to a new team, it has to be a place surrounded by smart vets. NY would be a great spot for him. Phil, Melo and Afflalo would keep him in check and he gives the Knicks a true #2 option and a guy who can penetrate the lane and kick it out to Melo, Porzingis, whoever.

JAZZNC
07-15-2015, 09:07 AM

There is less than a 0% chance Utah gets this nutcase. We have our PG in Exum. No need to get a guy who doesn't fit what we want and has serious off the court problems. We have zero use for that guy.

goose15
07-15-2015, 09:38 AM
And1 mixtape or Harlem Globetrotters

NBAfan4life
07-15-2015, 12:40 PM
I think Minnesota should toss the fragile Rubio for Lawson. Salaries match.

Scoots
07-15-2015, 12:48 PM
Why would any team TRADE for him when they can wait and get him for less ... assuming he wants to play for them ... and I don't think anyone should be looking to add Lawson unless he's all in.

Still think the Spurs are his best option when he's cut.

goose15
07-15-2015, 01:13 PM
what ever his destination, just dont let him drive there. NBA cares..

put him on the drunk bus..

DarkKnight
07-15-2015, 01:14 PM
This guy is a wreck why would anyone trade anything for him

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-15-2015, 02:25 PM
If Lawson gets waived in the middle of the season, we still have our mMLE :)

Nycbball08
07-15-2015, 02:49 PM
New york would loook really good, but they have..... well, nothing to trade. outside of maybe Calderon and a few picks in the far future.

Plus a few picks?... That's laughable!!

Sactown
07-15-2015, 06:51 PM
Why would any team TRADE for him when they can wait and get him for less ... assuming he wants to play for them ... and I don't think anyone should be looking to add Lawson unless he's all in.

Still think the Spurs are his best option when he's cut.

I agree with most of this, Denver clearly wants him gone before training camp and want to hand over the rains to muddiay , I think as training camp approaches the pressure will only mount on them.

I don't think SAS is a legit contender for his services, I don't think they want a player with this much off the court issues on their rosters .

Houston seems like the ideal fit for him as they have enough leadership to keep him focused and they're one of the more desperate teams who want help at the PG position

New York is another place I could see him landing , partly because I think New York wants to be better sooner than later and the idea that maybe Phil isn't fully committed to his contract and would like to set someone else up.

Cracka2HI!
07-15-2015, 11:15 PM
I think the AA meetings, a trip to morgue and the side of a freeway for trash cleanup are likely destinations.

Ty Fast
07-15-2015, 11:37 PM
Sixers
Minny
Knicks
Magic
Pacers
New Orleans

Scoots
07-16-2015, 12:01 AM
I agree with most of this, Denver clearly wants him gone before training camp and want to hand over the rains to muddiay , I think as training camp approaches the pressure will only mount on them.

I don't think SAS is a legit contender for his services, I don't think they want a player with this much off the court issues on their rosters .

Houston seems like the ideal fit for him as they have enough leadership to keep him focused and they're one of the more desperate teams who want help at the PG position

New York is another place I could see him landing , partly because I think New York wants to be better sooner than later and the idea that maybe Phil isn't fully committed to his contract and would like to set someone else up.

FWIW, I didn't say the Spurs were interested, merely that San Antonio would be the best destination for Lawson.

gatkins11
07-16-2015, 09:08 AM

Houston should just stand pat until he's bought out. He's an excellent fit there.

Stunner
07-16-2015, 01:02 PM
Ty Lawson - G - Nuggets
NBA teams were showing little interest in Ty Lawson even before his recent DUI arrest, according to Yahoo Sports.
The Nuggets had been asking for a first-round pick and a young player in exchange for Lawson before his arrest, according to a league source, but weren't receiving many bites on their offer. "Good luck trading Ty now," one NBA assistant general manager said. "They might as well keep him and hope he eventually raises his value back up." Denver has reportedly been considering waiving Lawson after his second arrest in six months and such a move (or a trade) would give a huge boost to Emmanuel Mudiay's fantasy value.
Related: Emmanuel Mudiay
Source: Yahoo Sports Jul 16 - 10:21 AM

Hawkeye15
07-16-2015, 01:38 PM
County?

sep11ie
07-16-2015, 01:41 PM
Ty "I don't know what UBER is" Lawson.

mgjohnson7851
07-17-2015, 05:13 AM
Because of his dui he also missed his own camp that he was hosting for kids.

Tony_Starks
07-17-2015, 09:04 AM
Sounds like he's coming to the Lakeshow. Ty get at me, got you covered on the designated drivers/strippers homey!!

Htownballa1622
07-17-2015, 10:19 AM
Sounds like he's coming to the Lakeshow. Ty get at me, got you covered on the designated drivers/strippers homey!!

YEAH! EVERYONE wants the LAKESHOW!

Russell/Clarkson
Kobe/Young

Lots of guard minutes available for the Lakers.

xxplayerxx23
07-17-2015, 10:23 AM

Russell/Clarkson
Kobe/Young

Clearly Russell or clarkson will be going back to the nuggets :p

Htownballa1622
07-17-2015, 10:29 AM
Clearly Russell or clarkson will be going back to the nuggets :p

Lol. If they traded one of those 2 for Lawson while his value is this low then haha.

I feel like the Nuggets are just holding on hope that some team will offer more than what Lawson's value is right now before they part ways with him.

Tony_Starks
07-17-2015, 10:41 AM

Russell/Clarkson
Kobe/Young

Pretty sure either Swaggy or Clarkson would be shipped, and King Kobe is sliding to the 3 this season.

Or we could just wait until they JoshSmith him and take him then. Shrug.

Htownballa1622
07-17-2015, 11:04 AM
Pretty sure either Swaggy or Clarkson would be shipped, and King Kobe is sliding to the 3 this season.

I'd say waiting would be best. Nobody is or should trade for Lawson with his value so low.

Kobe at the 3 would be awesome....to watch. :smoking:

Tony_Starks
07-17-2015, 11:14 AM

I'd say waiting would be best. Nobody is or should trade for Lawson with his value so low.

Kobe at the 3 would be awesome....to watch. :smoking:

Your team is rumored to have interest as well buddy. Actually makes more since with them being in need of a legit starting pg and having plenty of assets to send back.

At least if you guys get him Dwight can be a good influence on him and teach him how to be a "champion."

Htownballa1622
07-17-2015, 11:38 AM
Your team is rumored to have interest as well buddy. Actually makes more since with them being in need of a legit starting pg and having plenty of assets to send back.

At least if you guys get him Dwight can be a good influence on him and teach him how to be a "champion."

Difference is, my team's GM isn't going to overpay for this guy if he can be had like Josh Smith last year.

I would love Lawson on this team but not at the expense of trading guys back and taking on salary that takes us out of the running to get a 3rd star next year.

mgjohnson7851
07-17-2015, 01:49 PM
Nuggets won't release him so you all can get that idea out of your head right now. If they were going to waive him, they already would have.

Teeboy1487
07-17-2015, 02:36 PM
The (Drama)Queens for sure. Knows George Karl's system and they need a PG. Perfect fit.

lakerboy
07-17-2015, 02:42 PM
Can't he just go to the East? Play for NY or Indiana or something. We don't need anymore good teams out west.,

Htownballa1622
07-17-2015, 02:52 PM
Nuggets won't release him so you all can get that idea out of your head right now. If they were going to waive him, they already would have.

Or they are just seeing what the trade market holds for him?

It's July 17th.

sep11ie
07-17-2015, 03:00 PM
The (Drama)Queens for sure. Knows George Karl's system and they need a PG. Perfect fit.

They just spent money on Ronda.

Teeboy1487
07-17-2015, 03:09 PM
They just spent money on Ronda.
Man totally forgot about Rondo.

Ty_Lawson
07-18-2015, 11:41 AM
Or they are just seeing what the trade market holds for him?

It's July 17th.

No way Denver waives him. Why? Because team with highest chances to get him would be NYK probably, and i'm sure Kroenke wouldn't pay someone 12mpy to play for a team we have swap rights for 2016 draft, no matter what we do, tank, retool..He will either be traded or suspended like Miller was. He has value on the court, problem is when you give him too much free time. And, it's not like many other players aren't driving after drinking, but probably they don't do it at 100mph...

Ryan328
07-18-2015, 11:54 AM
Hearing Detroit has interest in Lawson...Why? I don't know

Scoots
07-18-2015, 12:49 PM
Hearing Detroit has interest in Lawson...Why? I don't know

Because they are looking for a taker for Jennings?

Ty_Lawson
07-18-2015, 01:22 PM
Because they are looking for a taker for Jennings?

It's not like Jennings has any value, if they want to trade him to Denver they have to give KCP with him, we don't need PG with Nelson and Mudiay and Green/Clark at 1...

MELO 15
07-18-2015, 01:45 PM

I would do the Calderon trade in a minute, but that's about it. I don't understand why anyone would give up a first in any package for Lawson. The whole league has an advantage when it comes to dealing for Lawson because of his erratic behavior. But the boy still got Talent and can still get you buckets and dimes but hurt i his trade value, so I'm in complete agreement with you on the Calderon trade though.

Scoots
07-18-2015, 02:11 PM
It's not like Jennings has any value, if they want to trade him to Denver they have to give KCP with him, we don't need PG with Nelson and Mudiay and Green/Clark at 1...

Jennings has value to the Nuggets in that he's only got 1 year on his deal and for less than Lawson.

Ty_Lawson
07-18-2015, 02:35 PM
Jennings has value to the Nuggets in that he's only got 1 year on his deal and for less than Lawson.

Then why don't trade him to Cavs, for Haywood, or to HOU for Jones and Pappanikolau(not guaranteed contract and young PF that could start if Faried is moved)...

MonroeFAN
07-18-2015, 03:20 PM
If Jones is on the table that's the best offer probably. But Jennings could come back and have some value, which would make it better than taking on a player like Haywood.

Either way, I would not include KCP. It's just to big of an unknown, and it would be a luxury for us to have him as a back-up point guard. He's not going to start over Jackson.

Scoots
07-18-2015, 05:15 PM
Then why don't trade him to Cavs, for Haywood, or to HOU for Jones and Pappanikolau(not guaranteed contract and young PF that could start if Faried is moved)...

I didn't say it was my idea, just that one reason the Nuggets could be interested in a deal with the Pistons is to reduce their cap and get a player in return for Lawson, while if they cut him they gain less in cap space (depending on how they cut him) and no players.

xxplayerxx23
07-18-2015, 06:21 PM
If Jones is on the table that's the best offer probably. But Jennings could come back and have some value, which would make it better than taking on a player like Haywood.

Either way, I would not include KCP. It's just to big of an unknown, and it would be a luxury for us to have him as a back-up point guard. He's not going to start over Jackson.

Lol they wouldn't trade for Lawson and make him a bAckup he's better then Jackson, if anything they would start both of them.

NBAfan4life
07-18-2015, 07:11 PM
The Wolves should be all over this. Trade Rubio, Pek, a mid level prospect and the right to swap first round draft picks for Faried and Lawson. Then they are done paying two guys to wear a suit most of the year

MonroeFAN
07-18-2015, 08:01 PM
Lol they wouldn't trade for Lawson and make him a bAckup he's better then Jackson, if anything they would start both of them.

Where do you get off "loling" at people? Your contributions are mostly nonsense, and if I knew you actually thought you knew what you were talking about I would have said something much sooner. Pipe down dude, I have zero interest in you telling me who is better than Reggie Jackson.

mgjohnson7851
07-18-2015, 09:49 PM
The Wolves should be all over this. Trade Rubio, Pek, a mid level prospect and the right to swap first round draft picks for Faried and Lawson. Then they are done paying two guys to wear a suit most of the year

Can you tell me why the Nuggets would want even a single piece of that scenario that you just listed?

Nuggets have Mudiay so there is no way that they would want Rubio.
Nuggets have Nurkic who they want to play so they wouldn't want any part of Pek or his 2 inch vert.
The right to swap firsts would be utterly useless if the Wolves got Lawson and Faried because the Wolves would have a better record, and the Nuggets have the right to swap with New York next year anyways.

mgjohnson7851
07-18-2015, 10:07 PM
Where do you get off "loling" at people? Your contributions are mostly nonsense, and if I knew you actually thought you knew what you were talking about I would have said something much sooner. Pipe down dude, I have zero interest in you telling me who is better than Reggie Jackson.

Damn you got heated quick.

Literally the only things that Reggie Jackson is better at is free throw shooting, rebounding, and finding a sober ride home though.

xxplayerxx23
07-18-2015, 10:29 PM

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL . Ty Lawson is far and away the better player, you think they would trade for Ty and bench him LOL. They would more then likely play a two guard system where Ty would play lead guard. You're welcome for giving you the facts in the situation and letting you know that Ty is FAR away the better player.

MrfadeawayJB
07-19-2015, 12:16 AM
Rehab

Scoots
07-19-2015, 12:43 AM
Ty ain't gone go to rehab he say no no no

FriedTofuz
07-19-2015, 12:49 AM

Lawson is the kind of person you dont want to have around in your locker room with young players. Though I wouldnt mind him there because KG wont stand for any bull ****.

tp13baby
07-19-2015, 03:28 PM
Can you tell me why the Nuggets would want even a single piece of that scenario that you just listed?

Nuggets have Mudiay so there is no way that they would want Rubio.
Nuggets have Nurkic who they want to play so they wouldn't want any part of Pek or his 2 inch vert.
The right to swap firsts would be utterly useless if the Wolves got Lawson and Faried because the Wolves would have a better record, and the Nuggets have the right to swap with New York next year anyways.

Actually I would love Pek as a backup 5. He is a good post player that runs and gets great position. I really think he would work well with Mudiay. As for Rubio, nah I'll take Jameer Nelson. A future 1st. If they got faried ty Lawson, Towns and Wiggins, that team would be scary in the future assuming Towns and Wiggins hit their potential..

tp13baby
07-19-2015, 03:29 PM
I think the nets are a good fit. But what could the Nets offer at this point? do they even have their pick this year?http://healthlifeok.com/green/images/96.gif http://healthlifeok.com/green/images/45.gif
Pretty sure Boston has it

Saddletramp
07-19-2015, 04:03 PM
Actually I would love Pek as a backup 5. He is a good post player that runs and gets great position. I really think he would work well with Mudiay. As for Rubio, nah I'll take Jameer Nelson. A future 1st. If they got faried ty Lawson, Towns and Wiggins, that team would be scary in the future assuming Towns and Wiggins hit their potential..

You know Pekovic makes $11 a year or something, right? And he's often injured.

Solid thinking.

Munkeysuit
07-19-2015, 08:22 PM
His stock definitely took a dive and I really can't see anyone paying him what he's worth at the moment. Houston seems to be a place of redemption somewhat (Howard, Harden, Smith, Terry) I think he'd be a great fit there with the Rockets and they'll finally find another play maker...so both sides win.

beasted86
07-19-2015, 08:29 PM
People are probably overplaying this "salary dump" talk.

Nuggets will want value for him in return. They are already below the cap and will have tons of space next summer. Eliminating his salary isn't urgent. They are looking for guys who still have upside and can grow with Nurkic, Mudiay and Harris.

beasted86
07-19-2015, 08:37 PM
Difference is, my team's GM isn't going to overpay for this guy if he can be had like Josh Smith last year.

I would love Lawson on this team but not at the expense of trading guys back and taking on salary that takes us out of the running to get a 3rd star next year.

I'm seriously not trying to troll... but wtf is this strategy? If you fail, try, try again? That's BS cliche losers tell themselves to help sleep at night.

The "clear cap and hope for a FA" succeeded with Howard, but failed the past 2 summers in a row. If you can improve your PG spot when the team was that close to a Finals trip, you do it.

I'd totally do a fillers + 1st for Lawson. And by fillers I mean D-Mo or Jones + Kostas.

Prime free agents clearly aren't picking Houston as a destination.

sep11ie
07-19-2015, 08:52 PM
I'm seriously not trying to troll... but wtf is this strategy? If you fail, try, try again? That's BS cliche losers tell themselves to help sleep at night.

The "clear cap and hope for a FA" succeeded with Howard, but failed the past 2 summers in a row. If you can improve your PG spot when the team was that close to a Finals trip, you do it.

I'd totally do a fillers + 1st for Lawson. And by fillers I mean D-Mo or Jones + Kostas.

We didn't attempt to dump any salary this year for a F.A. We had a meeting with LMA, that's about it.

Mr. Baller
07-19-2015, 09:13 PM

AstonMartin34
07-19-2015, 09:18 PM
Lawson to Rockets

JEDean89
07-19-2015, 09:33 PM
Wonder what the Nuggs got for him. Probably one of Jones/Monteijunas + picks. Deal will probably be a steal for the Rockets. I don't love that backcourt for them though. both guys need the ball and both guys lack defensive prowess. still a good pick up though. rockets are buying low.

JEDean89
07-19-2015, 09:34 PM
yep, rockets gave up nothing. straight dump for the Nuggets.

akesh99
07-19-2015, 09:36 PM
Kostas, Prig, Dorsey, Nick Johnson, protected 1st

Steal.

BKLYNpigeon
07-19-2015, 09:39 PM
Kostas, Prig, Dorsey, Nick Johnson, protected 1st

Steal.

hard to imagine that another team didn't have more to offer.

BKLYNpigeon
07-19-2015, 09:42 PM
I actually like beverly starting on this team. Lawson and Harden so ball dominate. Lawson is not the best fit for the Rockets.

Htownballa1622
07-19-2015, 10:01 PM

And look what we gave up?

Dm doesn't overpay. Scraps and we get an unprotected 2nd in 2017.

R. Johnson#3
07-19-2015, 10:26 PM
Call me crazy, but I see Lawson coming off the bench next season. Maybe not at the start, but about 25 games in.

Scoots
07-19-2015, 10:41 PM
Lawson is perfect for the Rockets. When he and Harden are on the floor together Lawson is another spot up shooter. When Harden goes to the bench (something he needs to do more) then Lawson can run the team AND score better than Bev. 96 minutes between the 2 guard spots, there is plenty of time to go around.

I expect Beverley to start, but when they play against PGs who don't score they might start Lawson to help the start.

MonroeFAN
07-19-2015, 11:07 PM
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL . Ty Lawson is far and away the better player, you think they would trade for Ty and bench him LOL. They would more then likely play a two guard system where Ty would play lead guard. You're welcome for giv
ing you the facts in the situation and letting you know that Ty is FAR away the better player.

The only fact here is that you're a sped. Adjusted for pace, Lawson is average at everything. He has regressed as a scorer each season he's been in the league, and has been on a downward spiral since Karl left.

Clearly that is beyond your level of understanding. Pace, scheme, etc. ZOMG PPG?!!!!!! It's not 2k. Starting 2 point guards has worked a total of zero times for anyone who has tried, and you clearly have not watched Reggie play.

OMG LOLO LOLOLOL.

Scoots
07-19-2015, 11:10 PM
Does ANYBODY think Lawson is not an upgrade over Prigioni because that's what this is. It's that simple.

MonroeFAN
07-19-2015, 11:11 PM
Damn you got heated quick.

Literally the only things that Reggie Jackson is better at is free throw shooting, rebounding, and finding a sober ride home though.

Damn, you're another insider with nothing to say. Reggie has a 7 foot wingspan, and prototypical size. He's a much better defender, he was the best point guard in the league last season with the pick and roll. He lead the league in assists during his time as a Piston. None of this matters though, right? I mean, points? What more could you need man?

You should join your buddy on the sideline, and save it for someone else. lol @ both of your novice understandings of the game.

mgjohnson7851
07-19-2015, 11:17 PM
Damn, you're another insider with nothing to say. Reggie has a 7 foot wingspan, and a prototypical size. He's a much better defender, he was the best point guard in the league last season with the pick and roll. He lead the league in assists during his time as a Piston. None of this matters though, right? I mean, points? What more could you need man?

You should join your buddy on the sideline, and save it for someone else.

I shouldn't need to explain because no one should be as far up reggie Jackson's *** as you are.

Assists are also more important, and the ability to lead an offense and distribute the ball. Lawson is miles better at that.

I'm done with you though because arguing with ignorant, stubborn individuals on the Internet doesn't interest me.

MonroeFAN
07-19-2015, 11:19 PM
Instead of proving me wrong you start crying?

ok. Did you even bother to look up the numbers before making that comment? Reggie Jackson averaged 9.2 in 32 MPG, Lawson 9.6 in 35 MPG in a faster paced offense. Either way per minute they're identical without me even looking further into the numbers.

lol?

Scoots
07-19-2015, 11:20 PM
Damn, you're another insider with nothing to say. Reggie has a 7 foot wingspan, and prototypical size. He's a much better defender, he was the best point guard in the league last season with the pick and roll. He lead the league in assists during his time as a Piston. None of this matters though, right? I mean, points? What more could you need man?

You should join your buddy on the sideline, and save it for someone else. lol @ both of your novice understandings of the game.

What does Reggie's wingspan have to do with a thread about Lawson?

Also, I think your tone is not the most conducive to discussion. No need to get snotty right?

MonroeFAN
07-19-2015, 11:22 PM
I mean, whatever. I'm getting pretty sick of the hate on Jackson when people clearly haven't watched him. If you read the context, you would know why I brought up his wing span. People who have no idea what they're talking about can cease, and discontinue this debate if they want.

I have zero interest in yielding to wanksters. Somehow I'm the ignorant one? That's rich.

MonroeFAN
07-19-2015, 11:30 PM
Nice pick up for Houston.

Scoots
07-19-2015, 11:53 PM
Nice pick up for Houston.

Nice addition by you :)

I didn't see the Jackson hate. Unless questioning whether he can continue his pace from last year is "hate"?

mightybosstone
07-20-2015, 12:41 AM

They got Dwight Howard, who was easily the biggest free agent of the entire 2013 offseason. And they not only traded for Harden, but immediately got him to sign a new contract the offseason prior. I can agree that the Rockets are still not in the class of certain other media markets in terms of being able to attract top talent, but they're absolutely going to be players for big name free agents the next few seasons as long as Morey is still at the helm and Harden is still on the roster. And they've done about as good a job as anyone in adding big names the last few years.

beasted86
07-20-2015, 01:10 AM
They got Dwight Howard, who was easily the biggest free agent of the entire 2013 offseason. And they not only traded for Harden, but immediately got him to sign a new contract the offseason prior. I can agree that the Rockets are still not in the class of certain other media markets in terms of being able to attract top talent, but they're absolutely going to be players for big name free agents the next few seasons as long as Morey is still at the helm and Harden is still on the roster. And they've done about as good a job as anyone in adding big names the last few years.

You pick out the part where I mention they got Howard in that same post, only to retell me the same thing I just said.

You're a great poster.

mightybosstone
07-20-2015, 01:23 AM
You pick out the part where I mention they got Howard in that same post, only to retell me the same thing I just said.

You're a great poster.

Because you contradicted yourself within the same post. You claim Houston isn't a quality free agent destination, yet acknowledged Dwight (the biggest free agent of 2013) chose Houston. Not great logic.

Also you failed to recognize that MOST teams don't sign a marquee free agent in a given offseason. If there are 3-5 top 25 caliber guys up for free agency every year and only 1-3 switch teams, then there are 27 or more teams that fail to add a star player every offseason. If you are able to add ANY star players via free agency, you've done a hell of a job. So don't focus so much on all the star players that don't sign to a team. Focus on the ones that do.

beasted86
07-20-2015, 01:25 AM
And look what we gave up?

Dm doesn't overpay. Scraps and we get an unprotected 2nd in 2017.
Yeah, what did they supposedly give up?

So basically the same package I mentioned except swap one filler for other fillers?

News flash: Jones/Donatas is a filler, just as I said in my other post. If inputting him instead of the others is what you consider "overpaying" you're letting your homer bias disrupt your thinking.

Is Jones/Donatas a better filler than the others they reportedly gave up? Yes, but swapping them in doesn't make it a bad trade either.

mightybosstone
07-20-2015, 01:33 AM

So basically the same package I mentioned except swap one filler for other fillers?

News flash: Jones/Donatas is a filler, just as I said in my other post. If inputting him instead of the others is what you consider "overpaying" you're letting your homer bias disrupt your thinking.

Is Jones/Donatas a better filler than the others they reportedly gave up? Yes, but swapping them in doesn't make it a bad trade either.

Motiejunas would not be a "filler." I suppose that's a subjective term, but I would never consider a quality starter to be a trade filler. The guys the Rockets dealt had no business being on a playoff rotation. Those are fillers. Prigioni was probably the best player of the four last season, and he only cracked the rotation because of Beverley's injury. And he's probably retiring.

beasted86
07-20-2015, 01:36 AM
Because you contradicted yourself within the same post. You claim Houston isn't a quality free agent destination, yet acknowledged Dwight (the biggest free agent of 2013) chose Houston. Not great logic.

Also you failed to recognize that MOST teams don't sign a marquee free agent in a given offseason. If there are 3-5 top 25 caliber guys up for free agency every year and only 1-3 switch teams, then there are 27 or more teams that fail to add a star player every offseason. If you are able to add ANY star players via free agency, you've done a hell of a job. So don't focus so much on all the star players that don't sign to a team. Focus on the ones that do.

Are you high? Seriously?

This is some incoherent stoner talk here. "Don't talk....don't not listen".

The Rockets had cap space the past 2 years and came away not signing any big outside free agents, and losing the most impactful of their own free agents.

The record speaks for itself, I don't need to interject my opinion into this or convince anyone.

Clearly they also don't think the way that poster was talking about because they had no fears eating into their cap space next summer with this trade.

beasted86
07-20-2015, 01:42 AM
Motiejunas would not be a "filler." I suppose that's a subjective term, but I would never consider a quality starter to be a trade filler. The guys the Rockets dealt had no business being on a playoff rotation. Those are fillers. Prigioni was probably the best player of the four last season, and he only cracked the rotation because of Beverley's injury. And he's probably retiring.

He's a filler to me.

And even subjective to the trade idea, he's still a filler since there's 0% chance he goes to Denver to start over Faried or Nurkic.

The truth is Denver has a log jam of forwards and both those players are more valuable to Houston than Denver who would have no intention if signing either of them long term when they are due for a contract next summer.

They are rebuilding. If they did trade for either guy it would be with the intention of flipping them again anyway.

mightybosstone
07-20-2015, 01:47 AM
Are you high? Seriously?

The Rockets had cap space the past 2 years and came away not signing any big outside free agents, and losing the most impactful of their own free agents.

The record speaks for itself, I don't need to interject my opinion into this or convince anyone.

Clearly they also don't think the way that poster was talking about because they had no fears eating into their cap space next summer with this trade.
No reason to be insulting, chief. Going to bed, but I'll address this in the a.m. Maybe calm down in the meantime and rethink the ****** attitude? :shrug:

sep11ie
07-20-2015, 02:09 AM
Are you high? Seriously?

We had cap room this year? Hmmm, news to me.

Saddletramp
07-20-2015, 02:25 AM
Are you high? Seriously?

Yeah, the Rockets didn't have cap space this year and they were poised to get Bosh last year but Bosh decided he'd rather get paid to live in the beach with a broken down Wade and no one else then to play with Harden/Howard/Parsons for the next few years. He's soft and would rather live the South Beach life than join a serious contender. Some guys are just happy coattail riding to a title or two and then get paid. It happens.

And I'm assuming Parsons and Smith are the "most impactful" of their free agents. Parsons was easily replaced and proved he wasn't worth what he got paid and Smith was the most impactful free agent by default.

Once again, beasted gets busted.

beasted86
07-20-2015, 02:34 AM
We had cap room this year? Hmmm, news to me.

Funny you don't know about the team that you follow.

The Rockets had cap space they instead spent on Brewer and Beverly.

mightybosstone
07-20-2015, 08:14 AM
He's a filler to me. And even subjective to the trade idea, he's still a filler since there's 0% chance he goes to Denver to start over Faried or Nurkic.

The truth is Denver has a log jam of forwards and both those players are more valuable to Houston than Denver who would have no intention if signing either of them long term when they are due for a contract next summer.

They are rebuilding. If they did trade for either guy it would be with the intention of flipping them again anyway.
This is all well and good, but these are moot points. We'll never know if he could have started over those guys or not. Motiejunas is more skilled offensively than both of them, so it's quite possible he could have started over one of them depending how thinks played out in training camp. Again, that's a totally moot point. And I'd love to hear what your qualifications for a "filler" are. To me, a filler is just a contract that helps you get a particular number when the player has little to no value on the court.

False. The Rockets COULD have had cap space this year if they had done the very thing you criticized them for last season and gotten rid of a whole bunch of contracts. The only ways they could have signed Aldridge would be to trade away pretty much every valuable contract outside of Harden and Howard plus renounce all of their qualifying offers and non-guaranteed contracts or to have done a sign and trade. But to say they had cap room is blatantly incorrect. The contracts of just Harden, Howard, Ariza, Jones and D-Mo total about $51.2 million. That's not enough room to sign Aldridge to a max deal without getting rid of a contract or two.

What record? The fact that they were 0-2 with Bosh and Aldridge in situations that NOBODY outside of Miami and San Antonio, respectively, had any real shot with? Sorry, but I think that's a pretty poor sample size. And if Bosh had cared about winning more titles, he would have chosen Houston. I'm sorry, but the Rockets roster sans Bosh is just better than the Heat's roster sans Bosh. He stayed with Miami to get the contract Morey couldn't offer him and for familiarity sake.

The cap will be going up exponentially next offseason and if Morey really wants to go after a certain player, he's got a ton of avenues to do so. Ariza, Brewer and Beverley are all on friendly contracts that would be easy to unload. And Lawson is an expiring contract. So in the unlikely event that Durant or another marquee free agent were to pick Houston a year from now, the Rockets could fairly easily make room for him. Also there's always the sign and trade option, which doesn't really require you to have cap space at all.

Funny you don't know about the team that you follow.

The Rockets had cap space they instead spent on Brewer and Beverly.
No. They didn't. The Rockets with all their cap holds have essentially been over or right at the salary cap all offseason long. They were able to re-sign Brewer and Beverley with those players' Bird rights. I'm not sure if you're familiar with Bird rights, but it essentially allows you to go over the cap to re-sign players that have played for a particular team for a certain amount of time. In the case of Beverley, he played for Houston for three years, which gave the Rockets his full Bird rights. For Brewer, the Rockets acquired his Bird rights when they traded for him from Minnesota.

Htownballa1622
07-20-2015, 08:45 AM

I'm glad others addressed every dumb thing you've said because I didn't want to go back and forth with u when you're clearly wrong.

Thanks for playing.

Dm doesn't overpay. You're welcome.

Filler? Lol if that's the case the heats entire roster minus dragic,wade and bosh w

beasted86
07-20-2015, 08:55 AM
I'm aware of how Bird rights work. The Rockets had immediate cap space at their disposal if they let Beverley and Brewer leave. Beverley's cap hold was so low they could have even attempted a "Parsons" if they wanted to. Also had the non guarantee of Kostas.

"Nobody outside Miami/San Antonio".... glass half full, dude. Go on with your blind homerism.

I'm not going to waste time trying to convince you the sky is blue. I'm not going to convince you that Parsons really wanted to stay or that Josh Smith cares a lot about money, or that Houston was one of the "option teams" Dragic was willing to force a trade to either. You know what you know. If you think Houston is a prime option for players, who am I to say otherwise? Just play the results as you see fit.

Finally my last point is that is exactly my point about this Lawson trade to begin with. Again you keep reiterating my own points as though I forgot them.

Of course the Rockets would like to improve their PG spot and aren't going to be overly concerned with cap space when they feel they are very close to being a Finals team. Worry about moving a contract here or there LATER. Focus on a solid move that could potentially put you over the top NOW.

This move going after Lawson when they were a couple wins from a Finals trip is a no-brainer. You give up fillers for a guy who could very well be the starting PG for the next sry of years depending on how he fits.

As for a definition of fillers: players you have no intention of signing long term as integral parts of your team's future.

I'm not going to convince you that Faired who they just gave huge dollars to and Nurkic who was excellent during his rookie season are more valuable than those Rockets PFs. Again this is a case of convincing you the sky is blue. If you see it as white, who am I to argue with you. If you want to avoid seeing things that are obvious, who am I to tell you otherwise?

MonroeFAN
07-20-2015, 09:09 AM
I shouldn't need to explain because no one should be as far up reggie Jackson's *** as you are.

Assists are also more important, and the ability to lead an offense and distribute the ball. Lawson is miles better at that.

I'm done with you though because arguing with ignorant, stubborn individuals on the Internet doesn't interest me.

I was being stubborn last night, but I don't like being told I'm wrong when I have the fire power to prove that I am right. With that being said, no one does and it's usually a fruitless endeavor to fight on the internet.

MonroeFAN
07-20-2015, 09:19 AM
Nice addition by you :)

I didn't see the Jackson hate. Unless questioning whether he can continue his pace from last year is "hate"?

I brought it up because he was claimed to have had basically no advantages over Lawson other than rebounding & FT shooting. Supposedly. That argument didn't last long though.

Anyways, happy for Houston again. We can probably end this debate, the troll that started it is back under his rock.

mgjohnson7851
07-20-2015, 09:39 AM
I brought it up because he was claimed to have had basically no advantages over Lawson other than rebounding & FT shooting. Supposedly. That argument didn't last long though.

Anyways, happy for Houston again. We can probably end this debate, the troll that started it is back under his rock.
You are thick aren't you? I didn't say advantages, I said the only thing Jackson does better. Stats don't lie, but yet you keep trying to invalidate them.

Go on bro, maybe one day Jackson will be better.

mgjohnson7851
07-20-2015, 09:43 AM
I was being stubborn last night, but I don't like being told I'm wrong when I have the fire power to prove that I am right. With that being said, no one does and it's usually a fruitless endeavor to fight on the internet.
Okay tell me exactly how Jackson is better overall. Because he runs the pick and roll well? Because he has a greater wingspan?

Sorry if I refuse to buy those two things as a valid argument for why a point guard is better....especially because one of those is completely subjective.

mightybosstone
07-20-2015, 09:53 AM
I'm aware of how Bird rights work. The Rockets had immediate cap space at their disposal if they let Beverley and Brewer leave. Beverley's cap hold was so low they could have even attempted a "Parsons" if they wanted to. Also had the non guarantee of Kostas.
Unguaranteed contracts still count toward the cap, chief. The Rockets would have had to waive his contract. And because of the cap holds from RFAs, QOs and rookies, I don't know exactly how much money the Rockets had counting toward the cap at the start of the offseason. But if they were under the cap at all, it was by a minuscule amount, certainly not enough to sign any impact players with without waiving some contracts and renouncing some qualifying offers. That I can assure you.

"Nobody outside Miami/San Antonio".... glass half full, dude. Go on with your blind homerism.
Bosh clearly wasn't leaving Miami. They offered him far more money than anyone else could, and it's pretty clear he didn't value winning over money and familiarity. Aldridge was probably a little more open for grabs, but as soon as free agency started, he seemed pretty dead set on going to San Antonio. Although it's probably a little naive to say those guys were 100 percent locked in on specific places, I don't think it's "blind homerism" to say they were heavy, heavy favorites in those two cases and it was fairly unlikely they were going anywhere else.

I'm not going to waste time trying to convince you the sky is blue. I'm not going to convince you that Parsons really wanted to stay or that Josh Smith cares a lot about money, or that Houston was one of the "option teams" Dragic was willing to force a trade to either. You know what you know. If you think Houston is a prime option for players, who am I to say otherwise? Just play the results as you see fit.
I never said it was a prime option for players, did I? I'm saying it's not the wasteland you're making it out to be. Are LA, New York, Boston and Miami still better destinations for marquee free agents? Yeah, in most cases, they are. That doesn't mean Houston is incapable of attracting big names, though. And they have proven that multiple times now.

Of course the Rockets would like to improve their PG spot and aren't going to be overly concerned with cap space when they feel they are very close to being a Finals team.
I didn't read every post you made in the entire thread and I'm not going to take the time to do so. I'm addressing only the points I saw you make regarding Houston's capabilities to acquire free agents and the incorrect statements you made regarding the Rockets cap situation.

Worry about moving a contract here or there LATER. Focus on a solid move that could potentially put you over the top NOW. This move going after Lawson when they were a couple wins from a Finals trip is a no-brainer. You give up fillers for a guy who could very well be the starting PG for the next sry of years depending on how he fits.
Agreed on this.

As for a definition of fillers: players you have no intention of signing long term as integral parts of your team's future.
That's fair, but I think it's kind of naive to assume a given player wouldn't necessarily be a part of a team's future. Just because a team has two solid big men doesn't mean they won't add a third.

I'm not going to convince you that Faired who they just gave huge dollars to and Nurkic who was excellent during his rookie season are more valuable than those Rockets PFs. Again this is a case of convincing you the sky is blue. If you see it as white, who am I to argue with you. If you want to avoid seeing things that are obvious, who am I to tell you otherwise?
I never said the Rockets PFs were better, did I? I said it's impossible to know who would start on that team between those three guys. You're talking about three young players with fairly different skill sets that would compliment each other in very different ways. Without seeing D-Mo in a Nuggets uniform playing with that team, it's impossible to know who would be better or who would start. Who's actually better is certainly debatable, but I'm not making that argument, so why bring it up?

MonroeFAN
07-20-2015, 10:34 AM
Okay tell me exactly how Jackson is better overall. Because he runs the pick and roll well? Because he has a greater wingspan?

Sorry if I refuse to buy those two things as a valid argument for why a point guard is better....especially because one of those is completely subjective.

Are you being serious right now? I try and be the bigger guy, and you try and continue this despite the fact that the only "fact" you've brought to the table was invalid? Nothing I've said is subjective. If you don't think having a longer reach makes for a better player, that's fine, we can disagree on that. Your theory on running an offense and assists wasn't true. That's all you've said. How is it that I'm thick?

You can DM me if you would like a list of things Jackson does better. I'm done hi-jacking a topic that has nothing to do with him. Somehow I always end up looking like the bad guy, despite basically being attacked for no reason.

sagemania
07-20-2015, 10:49 AM
Ty Lawson is on a higher level then Reggie and it is not even close.

Htownballa1622
07-20-2015, 11:51 AM
I think the nets are a good fit. But what could the Nets offer at this point? do they even have their pick this year?

Um...

The Rockets just landed him.

Tony_Starks
07-20-2015, 12:12 PM
Ty about to switch from that liquor to that lean......

dodgersuck
07-20-2015, 12:34 PM
Ty about to switch from that liquor to that lean......

lol

mgjohnson7851
07-20-2015, 01:13 PM

So this post is you trying to be the bigger man?

Are you being serious right now? I try and be the bigger guy, and you try and continue this despite the fact that the only "fact" you've brought to the table was invalid? Nothing I've said is subjective. If you don't think having a longer reach makes for a better player, that's fine, we can disagree on that. Your theory on running an offense and assists wasn't true. That's all you've said. How is it that I'm thick?

You can DM me if you would like a list of things Jackson does better. I'm done hi-jacking a topic that has nothing to do with him. Somehow I always end up looking like the bad guy, despite basically being attacked for no reason.

The reach is not what is subjective. It is when you said that Jackson is the best pick and roll pg in the NBA. I don't even understand why you brought up Jackson in the Ty Lawson thread. It is a prett common consensus that Lawson is the better player, but if you are to much of a homer to look rationally, that's on you.