PDA

View Full Version : Ty Lawson arrested for 2nd DUI

BallIsAll
07-14-2015, 11:54 AM
@RealBallinsider: Ty Lawson Arrested for 2nd DUI http://t.co/5kWCIH7eqD via @realballinsider

This guy is constantly hurting his trade value almost as if he doesn't want to be traded lol

Hawkeye15
07-14-2015, 12:07 PM
making solid career choices..

flea
07-14-2015, 12:09 PM
It's too bad the Clippers are actually good now, he's the perfect type of player for them historically.

North Yorker
07-14-2015, 12:17 PM
I could still see a mid-season trade where he ends up in Sacramento if/when the Rondo experiment backfires.

beasted86
07-14-2015, 12:21 PM
What's sick is fans cry constantly about flopping and how players should be suspended for 10 games, but when there's a guy like this constantly setting the real bad examples in life it's like they don't really care.

I hope the commissioner makes an example of him and hits him with a 15 game suspension.

Hawkeye15
07-14-2015, 12:27 PM
What's sick is fans cry constantly about flopping and how players should be suspended for 10 games, but when there's a guy like this constantly setting the real bad examples in life it's like they don't really care.

I hope the commissioner makes an example of him and hits him with a 15 game suspension.

you must not be an NFL fan...you can murder someone and still have a job

BallIsAll
07-14-2015, 12:28 PM
There needs to be a clause in these contracts that claim if they get arrested the contract can be voided

Mudvayne91
07-14-2015, 12:35 PM
I'm pretty sure this is actually his 4th DUI. 2nd in about 7 months. He had a DUI in North Carolina when he was 18, but they have some rule where it's expunged off his record at that age if he does all the required stuff.

Wade n Fade
07-14-2015, 12:42 PM
Lawson is screwing himself over and over.

flea
07-14-2015, 12:44 PM
I'm pretty sure this is actually his 4th DUI. 2nd in about 7 months. He had a DUI in North Carolina when he was 18, but they have some rule where it's expunged off his record at that age if he does all the required stuff.

Yeah one is a mistake, two looks like a problem, and three you just don't ****ing care. Considering he was on his way home from the club and not something sad like taking his kid to daycare at 8 AM I think we put him more into the "doesn't care about rules" camp as opposed to the "pathetic drunk that can't maintain a life" camp.

Mudvayne91
07-14-2015, 12:55 PM
Yeah one is a mistake, two looks like a problem, and three you just don't ****ing care. Considering he was on his way home from the club and not something sad like taking his kid to daycare at 8 AM I think we put him more into the "doesn't care about rules" camp as opposed to the "pathetic drunk that can't maintain a life" camp.
I guess it's only his 3rd DUI. I mixed up the 4th with a domestic arrest. Not good still though. I don't necessarily think he's a bad guy, but I do believe he needs to seek counseling for reasons you mentioned. Hopefully he does.

Tony_Starks
07-14-2015, 01:52 PM
I'll take a drunk Ty Lawson over a sober Jeremy Lin any day of the week!

tredigs
07-14-2015, 01:55 PM
I'm actually harsher on texting drivers than drunk ones. Far more dangerous and everyone does it when kids are still out in the streets.

Stunner
07-14-2015, 02:04 PM
IMO

Lawson for Jack / Brown / Clark / Karasev

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-14-2015, 03:17 PM
Don't NBA players have a driver on call 24/7? Imbecile! Call for a ride bro

JEDean89
07-14-2015, 03:40 PM
^^^ i've heard the nfl does in all the cities! lawson makes 12 mil a year, dude can afford an uber. why risk your 2nd DUI? Why risk your career?

IBleedPurple
07-14-2015, 05:08 PM
I had high hopes since he came to Denver, but he is an idiot. If he has a problem with alcohol, he can more than afford help.

bleedprple&gold
07-14-2015, 07:30 PM
@RealBallinsider: Ty Lawson Arrested for 2nd DUI http://t.co/5kWCIH7eqD via @realballinsider

This guy is constantly hurting his trade value almost as if he doesn't want to be traded lol

Actually lowering his trade value means he's easier to trade so more likely to get traded. So he clearly wants out of Denver, and now he may get his wish after the DUI. He will get cut, still get all his money, and gets to go to a team of his choice. That's the nba for you. Get a DUI and get rewarded.

mgjohnson7851
07-14-2015, 07:39 PM
Actually lowering his trade value means he's easier to trade so more likely to get traded. So he clearly wants out of Denver, and now he may get his wish after the DUI. He will get cut, still get all his money, and gets to go to a team of his choice. That's the nba for you. Get a DUI and get rewarded.
Haha yeah I'm sure he decided to get a dui just to try and get out of Denver.

bleedprple&gold
07-14-2015, 08:26 PM
Haha yeah I'm sure he decided to get a dui just to try and get out of Denver.

I wasn't suggesting that, but kind of makes you wonder...

IndyRealist
07-14-2015, 09:28 PM
There needs to be a clause in these contracts that claim if they get arrested the contract can be voided

There is a morality clause built into contracts. The problem is as soon as you invoke it, you've got a legal battle with the Player's Union, and a competitor scoops him up for cheap. There's a reason these guys don't get terminated for the crap they pull.

tredigs
07-14-2015, 10:19 PM

They already wanted to trade him, this only hurts his value.

qwerty123
07-14-2015, 10:47 PM
fark it must be that hard to afford a cab when you're making 12 milly

Scoots
07-14-2015, 10:55 PM
Not only does he get to choose where to play, that team will sign him to a new contract on top of the deal he's got now. He's going to make millions through his DUI.

On the morality clause ... it's totally toothless since Sprewell tried to kill his coach and got his contract reinstated after it was terminated using the morality clause ... if murder isn't amoral what is? I guess it's just pedophilia or dog fighting.

bleedprple&gold
07-15-2015, 11:17 AM

They already wanted to trade him, this only hurts his value.

Yes, I know. They will need to lower their asking price now which means more teams will be willing to trade for him.