PDA

View Full Version : Blazers acquire Mo Harkless for a 2nd round pick

Clippersfan86
07-12-2015, 07:23 PM
Wow. Portland going ham after Aldridge. I would think Magic would ask for way more.

5ass
07-12-2015, 07:40 PM
His on court demeanour is the main problem. I think he had just one decent game last year. Too bad.

MrfadeawayJB
07-12-2015, 07:44 PM
Not a bad bet for a second rd pick

ManRam
07-12-2015, 07:46 PM
Wow. Portland going ham after Aldridge. I would think Magic would ask for way more.

Why? Harkless had a solid rookie year then proceeded to not improve his major weaknesses at all. In fact, he regressed overall the following two years. What do you think his value is? I'm sure they asked for more, but he basically was the 12th man on the Magic. That's not value.

1. He regressed the last two years
2. His playing time plummeted
3. He'd probably get even fewer minutes this upcoming season with Mario around
4. He's not magically going to start getting better sitting on the bench more
5. His time was up

It makes sense for all parties. There's no risk in it for the Blazers and maybe Moe figures it out. He didn't really fit in with the Magic anymore and sitting on the bench wasn't gonna change that. They opened up a roster spot and maybe can snag up a decent vet. And most importantly, because I do really like Moe, he gets a much-needed change of scenery. He'll be backing up Aminu, which is a way better gig than backing up Harris, Hezonja and Gordon.

I'm bummed he never worked out. I was always high on him. Best of luck.

Clippersfan86
07-12-2015, 08:32 PM
I just thought he was part of your core. I didn't watch him much last year.

ManRam
07-12-2015, 08:41 PM

That was definitely the hope, but he's fallen out of favor. We were talking about that less than a week ago in the Magic forum: It kinda felt like he quickly became the odd man out/lacking a clear role. After drafting Mario and seeing Gordon look solid as a more stereotypical small forward in summer league, well, the writing was on the wall. Mix the talent blocking him with his regression, it was time to go. He wasn't gonna suddenly get minutes...those minutes HAVE to go to Mario and Gordon, and even Tobias because of his salary. It's almost not fair to a young player who might still figure it out to have him rot on the bench. I wouldn't be surprised if Hennigan did this in some capacity for Moe's well-being. Wouldn't be shocked if Moe asked for a trade.

I still think he can turn into something, and giving up a second for him is harmless, but I totally get why the Magic essentially let him go for peanuts. Just look at his numbers and playing time. It wasn't good.

If can ever figure out how to shoot...and develops some "swagger", he's got a decent chance. But he hasn't made those improvements in 3 years now...so who knows. I'd be cautiously optimistic if I were a Portland fan.

2-ONE-5
07-12-2015, 09:26 PM

you keep making assumptions today about players and then admitting you didnt watch them, come on man youre better than that. not even trying to be a dick

5ass
07-12-2015, 09:55 PM
That was definitely the hope, but he's fallen out of favor. We were talking about that less than a week ago in the Magic forum: It kinda felt like he quickly became the odd man out/lacking a clear role. After drafting Mario and seeing Gordon look solid as a more stereotypical small forward in summer league, well, the writing was on the wall. Mix the talent blocking him with his regression, it was time to go. He wasn't gonna suddenly get minutes...those minutes HAVE to go to Mario and Gordon, and even Tobias because of his salary. It's almost not fair to a young player who might still figure it out to have him rot on the bench. I wouldn't be surprised if Hennigan did this in some capacity for Moe's well-being. Wouldn't be shocked if Moe asked for a trade.

I still think he can turn into something, and giving up a second for him is harmless, but I totally get why the Magic essentially let him go for peanuts. Just look at his numbers and playing time. It wasn't good.

If can ever figure out how to shoot...and develops some "swagger", he's got a decent chance. But he hasn't made those improvements in 3 years now...so who knows. I'd be cautiously optimistic if I were a Portland fan.

I agree. Same with sending O'Quinn to NY, which is not only his hometown, but also somewhere he can get playing time. Speaking of O'Quinn, during an interview he talked about how he didn't like not having a set amount of minutes every game, and how tough it is when you don't know if you're playing 30 minutes or 0 minutes. I'm sure Hark feels the same way. Vaughn did them a disservice in terms of their development, but Harkless was also way too inconsistent even when he got 30mpg regularly. I hope Hark the best in Portland. Hopefully he realizes that if he doesn't get it together soon, he'll find himself looking for an overseas contract.

Clippersfan86
07-12-2015, 11:02 PM
you keep making assumptions today about players and then admitting you didnt watch them, come on man youre better than that. not even trying to be a dick

What the fu**? I posted a comment on Okafor, that fell in line with the majority opinion and all I said was... I didn't watch the LAST game, but had watched prior SL games. Then in this one... I remember Harkless was a part of Orlando's young, talented core... I didn't have time to watch Magic much this year, hence the question mark. I never claimed what he was, I was asking. So yes, you're being a di** by saying that.

Clippersfan86
07-12-2015, 11:04 PM

Probably similar to Crawford for us this year. Where yes it wasn't long he won 6th man of year, and he still has value/will win a few games, but there are now players that are much better fits. So we really have no use for him and he's fallen out of favor. Not a bad player, but just better options now. I guess it makes sense that he'd have no role anymore with Gordon's explosion this summer. He's added a lot to his game. I never liked the Blake Griffin comparisons because he's not alike at all, but he's looking great.

Edit: Dug deeper... wow you guys were right, he's regressed pretty badly. He's almost a below average player right now.