PDA

View Full Version : Celtics and Rockets roster's are set up for trades

mbsalame123
07-12-2015, 05:01 PM
The Celtics have a plethora of point guards and big men and the Rockets have more than 15 players on their roster with Josh Smith and KJ Mcdaniels still unsigned, which would make the roster around 18 players.

I think both teams are set up for trades to occur as the Celtics will most likely trade a couple of their back court players along with a front court player and the Rockets will trade a wing player and big man for a point guard.

Below are the Rockets and Celtics rosters:

Rockets

Dwight Howard
Clint Capela
Joey Dorsey
Terrence Jones
Donates Motiejunas
Montrezl Harrell
Josh Smith (potentially resigned)
Trevor Ariza
Corey Brewer
Sam Dekker
Kostas Popanikolaou
KJ Mcdaniels (potentially resigned)
James Harden
Marcus Thornton
Patrick Beverley
Pablo Prigioni
Nick Johnson

Celtics:

Tyler Zeller
Kelly Olynyk
David Lee
Amir Johnson
Jared Sullinger
Jordan Mickey
Jonas Jorebko
Jae Crowder
Evan Turner
James Young
Avery Bradley
RJ Hunter
Chris Babb (most likely traded to Warriors in David Lee trade)
Marcus Smart
Isaiah Thomas
Terry Rozier
Phil Pressey

Both teams can strike a deal with each other, however I think we will see different trades. I think Jared Sullinger and Evan Turner are most likely traded from the Celtics along with James Young possibly. The Rockets will trade Terrence Jones, Nick Johnson, and a wing like Dekker or Kostas for a point guard like Ty Lawson.

Are there any possible trades that you might think of?

mbsalame123
07-12-2015, 07:18 PM
Expect the Blazers to make a trade with the Celtics and maybe even the Suns. The Nuggets will most likely trade Ty Lawson to the Rockets for Terrence Jones and Kostas along with a 1st rounder and Nick Johnson.

Evan Turner can be a good fit for a team like the Knicks or the Blazers. Sullinger could draw a lot of interest with his high upside.

alexander_37
07-12-2015, 07:50 PM
The Rockets use the RVG's like NHL teams use their AHL teams or baseball uses the minors.

I am sure 3-4 player's will be sent down if not traded.

JEDean89
07-13-2015, 11:49 AM
If I'm the Nuggets, Capela, Dekker and a future pick would be good enough for Lawson.

Lawson/Beverly
Harden
Ariza/Brewer
Jones/Smith
Dwight/Monteijunas

thats getting close to a true contender.

Sactown
07-13-2015, 12:46 PM
Expect the Blazers to make a trade with the Celtics and maybe even the Suns. The Nuggets will most likely trade Ty Lawson to the Rockets for Terrence Jones and Kostas along with a 1st rounder and Nick Johnson.

Evan Turner can be a good fit for a team like the Knicks or the Blazers. Sullinger could draw a lot of interest with his high upside.
No way the Rockets give up a 1st, Denver has been desperate to move him and demanding a 1st, doubt they give one up now with Denver's trade partners dwindling

alexander_37
07-13-2015, 06:38 PM
If I'm the Nuggets, Capela, Dekker and a future pick would be good enough for Lawson.

Lawson/Beverly
Harden
Ariza/Brewer
Jones/Smith
Dwight/Monteijunas

thats getting close to a true contender.

I don't think the Rockets would give up both. Not saying Lawson isn't worth it but I just don't think it would take that much.

mbsalame123
07-13-2015, 11:18 PM
I don't think the Rockets want to give up Clint Capela, they really like his potential. Instead Terrence Jones and Kostas Popanikolaou along with Nick Johnson most likely for Ty Lawson.

But that Rockets team would be nice and well the Rockets are already contenders when healthy, however they would look much better with Lawson.

But now, something is telling me Lawson might end up in Brooklyn

mbsalame123
07-13-2015, 11:20 PM
The Celtics and Nuggets discussed a trade for Danilo Gallinari, however I doubt anything happens. But I still think the Celtics will make trades and showing interest in Gallo means they are looking to add shooters and specifically, a good wing

slaker619
07-13-2015, 11:39 PM
Both teams need to make a trade if they want to make a push in Playoffs

mbsalame123
07-14-2015, 12:09 AM
Both teams need to make a trade if they want to make a push in Playoffs

Yeah I think the Rockets will either trade for Rubio or Lawson, I think Rubio is a better fit but Lawson might be easier to obtain. I like think the Celtics will balance out their roster by trading sullinger, evan turner, and a couple of their back court players for someone like gallinari.

unleashthebeast
07-14-2015, 12:31 AM
Ooo Lawson on the Rockets is fun. I don't know if I've been under a rock or something, but if that could happen that would be pretty cool. Lawson-Harden-Ariza-Motiejunas-Dwight is fun as ****.

mightybosstone
07-14-2015, 09:07 AM
With the acquisition of Thornton, the likely acquisition of Terry and Morey still pursuing KJ McDaniels and Josh Smith, I kind of feel like a deal is imminent. If the Rockets get all four of those guys, they'd have 17 guys on the roster with only three of them (Johnson, Dekker and Harrell) being serious D-League candidates. There's just too many bodies and not enough playing time to go around.

I'd be willing to bet Morey consolidates the roster a bit before the start of the season and deals for a PG to either start or backup Beverley. But as many point guards are on the block, I really have no clue who the Rockets are targeting at this point.

warfelg
07-14-2015, 09:15 AM
With the acquisition of Thornton, the likely acquisition of Terry and Morey still pursuing KJ McDaniels and Josh Smith, I kind of feel like a deal is imminent. If the Rockets get all four of those guys, they'd have 17 guys on the roster with only three of them (Johnson, Dekker and Harrell) being serious D-League candidates. There's just too many bodies and not enough playing time to go around.

I'd be willing to bet Morey consolidates the roster a bit before the start of the season and deals for a PG to either start or backup Beverley. But as many point guards are on the block, I really have no clue who the Rockets are targeting at this point.

Honestly I can see us as a potential trade partner. Don't think Morey would send Hinkie a star, but I think in terms of flipping a contract, a young potential player, and a pick for a Euro, pick, and cap space would be a trade that can happen. Kinda wonder if the long rumored Jones trade is still floating around.

warfelg
07-14-2015, 09:18 AM
As for the teams mentioned:
I know people like to hate on us, but Philadelphia is set up to trade as well. 3 (4when healthy) potential starting quality guys 6'10"+, 7 first round picks in the next 3/4 years, cap room to send a bad contract back along with, and a couple of guys that would offer nice bench play.

mightybosstone
07-14-2015, 09:52 AM
Honestly I can see us as a potential trade partner. Don't think Morey would send Hinkie a star, but I think in terms of flipping a contract, a young potential player, and a pick for a Euro, pick, and cap space would be a trade that can happen. Kinda wonder if the long rumored Jones trade is still floating around.

If all Morey is doing is trying to dump some contracts or get rid of bodies for future assets, then Philly is an excellent trade partner. But I think it might be more than that. I think he might be building up assets to add a quality veteran player to the rotation. And if that's the case, I'm not sure Philly will be able to help much in that regard.

warfelg
07-14-2015, 10:06 AM
If all Morey is doing is trying to dump some contracts or get rid of bodies for future assets, then Philly is an excellent trade partner. But I think it might be more than that. I think he might be building up assets to add a quality veteran player to the rotation. And if that's the case, I'm not sure Philly will be able to help much in that regard.

You are right. If it's about making roster space for Smith and KJ then we are a great partner.

If it's about gaining another star or vet player then we would be an "at best" dumping ground where you send some mismatch salary match parts to for the price of a pick or young player.

sixers247
07-14-2015, 10:11 AM
Lawson can be had for free now after a second dui this year. He is falling apart.