PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Conference

Dade County
07-11-2015, 05:15 PM
How do you feel this upcoming season will shape out for you team?

What has to take place for your team to achieve their goal?

Do you believe your team is a contender in the East (if so, explain why)?
Or will you just be happy for a playoff spot?

Be nice, HEAT, Detroit, Bucks & 76ers fans... I have notice all the smack talking lmao

Everyone of us thinks that are rosters have gotten much better, so of course we will disagree with each other about who's team is better, but it shouldn't derail the thread topic.

Bless

goingfor28
07-11-2015, 05:17 PM
Cleveland

The rest

I could see Miami being a top 4 seed along w Toronto, Chicago, Milwaukee

Atlanta falls down imo

Bostonjorge
07-11-2015, 05:28 PM
The east is a bigger joke then ever before. It's July and we already know what team is going to the east finals. Even if injurys happen.

Dade County
07-11-2015, 05:37 PM
The east is a bigger joke then ever before. It's July and we already know what team is going to the east finals. Even if injurys happen.

I wouldn't say that... if Lbj got injured, the Cav's couldn't get pass Miami, Wiz, and the Bulls.

But the East did get a little better.

You also have to consider teams maybe pulling off trades.

DamnGoat
07-11-2015, 05:40 PM
It's Cleveland's to lose.

SPURSFAN1
07-11-2015, 05:49 PM
Is there a none of the above selection?

5ass
07-11-2015, 05:50 PM

The east actually improved this year.

SPURSFAN1
07-11-2015, 05:54 PM
The hawks maybe. Big maybe. Everyone else is just terrible.

Dade County
07-11-2015, 06:15 PM
I see Miami (if healthy lol), battling in the 2nd rd of the playoffs against the bulls or the Wiz.

Dragic, Wade, Deng, Bosh, Whiteside

Rose, Buttler, Dunleavy, Gasol, Noah

Wall, Beal, Otto Porter, Nene, Gortat

Not trying to leave out Bucks or Atl, I just see them playing the Cav's or someone else (lol)

Some people feel that the Hawks have token a step back. I still see them having nice ball movement offensively. But that will add up to only regular season wins, they need a dominate playmaker/finisher.

ATX
07-11-2015, 06:18 PM

...Just waiting for Illusionist, 2One5, and MonroeFan to *Chime in*.

Forever35
07-11-2015, 06:20 PM
Steven's will get his team to compete once again...

bucketss
07-11-2015, 06:22 PM
I wouldn't say that... if Lbj got injured, the Cav's couldn't get pass Miami, Wiz, and the Bulls.

But the East did get a little better.

You also have to consider teams maybe pulling off trades.

they can get pass all those team especially miami without bron, lol they still have two all stars and a deep team now.

beasted86
07-11-2015, 06:29 PM
The Hawks lost Carroll and added Splitter. But who is their starting SF?

The rookie Oubre? Putting a ton on a 19 years olds shoulders to cover the best wing on the opponents team. Sefolosha can't be considered for starting spot, can he? Or do they swing a completely different direction and move Millsap to SF?

Hawks won't be nearly as good to me. They didn't solve any of their problems which was rebounding and lack of go-to scoring. Teams will figure them out and they will take a big step back.

5ass
07-11-2015, 06:32 PM
Steven's will get his team to compete once again...

I doubt the Celtics make the play offs this year.

beasted86
07-11-2015, 06:33 PM
they can get pass all those team especially miami without bron, lol they still have two all stars and a deep team now.

And who plays wing defense if LeBron is out? Shumpert is your go to defender? You've gotta be kidding me!

Who makes perimeter plays with LeBron out? You really think Kyrie could do what LeBron did and the coach just puts the ball in his hands every single time down the floor and he creates something good?

Without LeBron the Cavs wouldn't be the favorites.

Forever35
07-11-2015, 06:34 PM

The rookie Oubre? Putting a ton on a 19 years olds shoulders to cover the best wing on the opponents team. Sefolosha can't be considered for starting spot, can he? Or do they swing a completely different direction and move Millsap to SF?

Hawks won't be nearly as good to me. They didn't solve any of their problems which was rebounding and lack of go-to scoring. Teams will figure them out and they will take a big step back.

How about his nightclub injury...??? I would think his legal team is more worried about that... Could be a good payday for him...

Slimsim
07-11-2015, 06:35 PM
Feels the east actually got worse

beasted86
07-11-2015, 06:37 PM
Wizards, Bulls and HEAT all took their blows with injuries last regular season.

The Cavs and Hawks were both really healthy all regular season long.

I wonder how the competition stacks up next year and who's teams will get hit with the injury bug and which ones will be healthy. Might make for very good competition if everyone is just healthy on all those teams I mentioned.

Cavs are the favorites, but I want to see everyone else in that top 5 have a competitive year.

SPURSFAN1
07-11-2015, 06:37 PM

The spurs started a rookie 4 years ago. They are still the best team next to the cavs. The heat have so many Ifs* that they will still be a terrible team compared to the hawks and cavs.

beasted86
07-11-2015, 06:50 PM
The spurs started a rookie 4 years ago. They are still the best team next to the cavs. The heat have so many Ifs* that they will still be a terrible team compared to the hawks and cavs.

So you're saying the Hawks are as good as the Spurs were? Are you saying Oubre is going to be as good as Leonard? Or are you saying neither of the above is true but instead you just don't have faith in the rest of the East teams?

It's only one of those 3 that you can be saying. And try not to make this directly about Miami in your response please.

SPURSFAN1
07-11-2015, 06:56 PM
So you're saying the Hawks are as good as the Spurs were? Are you saying Oubre is going to be as good as Leonard? Or are you saying neither of the above is true but instead you just don't have faith in the rest of the East teams?

It's only one of those 3 that you can be saying. And try not to make this directly about Miami in your response please.

The hawks are not as good as the spurs. I'm not saying Oubre will be as good as Kawhi. I'm saying starting a rookie is not unheard of before. None of those other east teams warrants any faith tbh.

Dade County
07-11-2015, 07:00 PM

Please go into detail

HEAT: (At the beginning of the year healthy)

Teague, Korver, ?(maybe Hardaway or Sefolosha), Millsap, Horford

And Miami is filling out their depth. How is Miami terrible compared next to Atl?

Both teams pg's can't stick each other, Korver will have his 3's while Wade gets anything he wants (when healthy), Bosh will get his & Whiteside will dominate the middle (when not in foul trouble lol).

SPURSFAN1
07-11-2015, 07:03 PM
Please go into detail

HEAT: (At the beginning of the year healthy)

Teague, Korver, ?(maybe Hardaway or Sefolosha), Millsap, Horford

And Miami is filling out their depth. How is Miami terrible compared next to Atl?

Both teams pg's can't stick each other, Korver will have his 3's while Wade gets anything he wants (when healthy), Bosh will get his & Whiteside will dominate the middle (when not in foul trouble lol).

You keep posting "when healthy". That's a lot of ifs*. And that heat team is not better than the hawks.

ATX
07-11-2015, 07:06 PM

Every team has what if's going into the season...

And I love how you can't resist coming into this Eastern Conference thread just to bring up the Spurs.

Your "Terrible" claims are based solely on your hatred of Miami. The Heat are widely considered to be among the Cavs biggest threats in the East. Bosh is thankfully past his lung clot issue, Wade played a significant amount of games last season, and now has more rest than he's had in years. McRoberts is healed. Winslow was an excellent addition with the 10th pick. The whole team sans Dragic/Bosh/McRoberts/Winslow are in contract years. They added scoring to the bench. There is reason for optimism, despite your incessant claims to the contrary that they are "Terrible".

SPURSFAN1
07-11-2015, 07:14 PM
Every team has what if's going into the season...

And I love how you can't resist coming into this Eastern Conference thread just to bring up the Spurs.

Your "Terrible" claims are based solely on your hatred of Miami. The Heat are widely considered to be among the Cavs biggest threats in the East. Bosh is thankfully past his lung clot issue, Wade played a significant amount of games last season, and now has more rest than he's had in years. McRoberts is healed. Winslow was an excellent addition with the 10th pick. The whole team sans Dragic/Bosh/McRoberts/Winslow are in contract years. They added scoring to the bench. There is reason for optimism, despite your incessant claims to the contrary that they are "Terrible".

Hook line and sinker by the media. You eat it just as much as the chi fans(sorry chi fans).

flea
07-11-2015, 07:14 PM

Oubre plays for the Wizards. Either Sefolosha or Bazemore will start for the Hawks. It's a step down from Carroll but both played well last year. The bench should be better with Splitter, Hardaway, and Schroder's improvement. At worst I think the Hawks have treaded water.

East is Cavs to lose, even if Lebron misses time. He doesn't do much defensively anymore other than hunt steals and boards, and offensively Irving/Love is still plenty for other teams to contend with. Won't win a title or anything without Lebron but they're likely the #1 seed one way or the other.

East going to be weak again unless the Wizards become a serious threat. Still think the East is at least 2-3 years from being an interesting conference again - and by that time who knows we could have said that about the East 3-4 years ago and we'd have been wrong.

SPURSFAN1
07-11-2015, 07:17 PM
Oubre plays for the Wizards. Either Sefolosha or Bazemore will start for the Hawks. It's a step down from Carroll but both played well last year. The bench should be better with Splitter, Hardaway, and Schroder's improvement. At worst I think the Hawks have treaded water.

East is Cavs to lose, even if Lebron misses time. He doesn't do much defensively anymore other than hunt steals and boards, and offensively Irving/Love is still plenty for other teams to contend with. Won't win a title or anything without Lebron but they're likely the #1 seed one way or the other.

No wonder I didn't see him under the hawks roster. http://www.nba.com/hawks/roster

The hawks staying pat is the best move like the 2013 spurs.

DanG
07-11-2015, 07:25 PM
8/10 of the teams on the poll wouldn't even make the playoffs in the west. I don't see any team winning more than 2 games against Cleveland. Miami could be the biggest threat, but they have to be fully healthy and on their game.

Teeboy1487
07-11-2015, 07:30 PM
The Bucks for me. I'm not saying they can beat Cleveland but they did get better this offseason. Getting Monroe was huge and with Parker returning, I think they can make a little noise in the East. They gave the Bulls alot of trouble in the first round. They play very good defense and I think Kidd did a terrific job coaching them. I definitely have my eyes on them.

SPURSFAN1
07-11-2015, 07:31 PM
Cavs 2nd seed won less games than the Spurs 7th seed last year.

beasted86
07-11-2015, 07:47 PM
The hawks are not as good as the spurs. I'm not saying Oubre will be as good as Kawhi. I'm saying starting a rookie is not unheard of before. None of those other east teams warrants any faith tbh.

So its the 3rd option basically. Fair enough, but Carroll was a pretty big part of what the Hawks did and allowed them to take pressure off Korver by Carroll defending the opponents best wing without being a liability to their floor spacing on the other end.

Just learned they didn't even keep Oubre from another poster which makes their wing outlook that much worse IMO. They have nobody who should be called a starter at SF on a supposed top 2 seed.

SPURSFAN1
07-11-2015, 07:50 PM
So its the 3rd option basically. Fair enough, but Carroll was a pretty big part of what the Hawks did and allowed them to take pressure off Korver by Carroll defending the opponents best wing without being a liability to their floor spacing on the other end.

Just learned they didn't even keep Oubre from another poster which makes their wing outlook that much worse IMO. They have nobody who should be called a starter at SF on a supposed top 2 seed.

They don't. We'll see what moves they make then.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
07-12-2015, 02:06 AM
The Bucks for me. I'm not saying they can beat Cleveland but they did get better this offseason. Getting Monroe was huge and with Parker returning, I think they can make a little noise in the East. They gave the Bulls alot of trouble in the first round. They play very good defense and I think Kidd did a terrific job coaching them. I definitely have my eyes on them.

The Bucks should be very much improved next year. After the Larry Sanders ordeal and Parker injury in game 26 the rest of the season we started Ersan Ilyasova and Zaza Puchulia at the 4 and 5. Give me Parker and Monroe all day at the 4 and 5 over Ersan and Zaza.
Also our 2nd string pg tore his acl moving Bayless up into that role. With Vasquez we really upgraded out back up pg and we can move Bayless back to the 3rd pg.
Giannas, Middleton, and MCW should all keep getting better as well.

Also bucks fans are hopeful that we also have 1 more unknown hidden gem in Damien Inglis who was our 2nd round pick last year. (he was injured all last season) John Hammond was very high on him and said if he was in this year's draft he would have went in the 10 to 20 range. (Hammond has a really good history in the draft with the bucks, especially in the 10 to 20 range) He can play the 2 through 4 and even a little pg at times. He's supposed to be like Luc Richard Mbah A Moute but with a better outside shot and more ability to put the ball on the floor and get to the hoop. IDK how good he will be right away but he's suppose to have potential to become at worst a solid bench piece.

This team is being really underrated and is going to sneak up on people again this year.

We won't be able to beat the Cavs this year but could have a chance in 2/3 years when Lebron starts to slow down a bit, and our 5 starters all under 25 with tons of potential all start to grow into that potential.

FriedTofuz
07-12-2015, 02:48 AM
The knicks should have the worst record in the east. The east got stronger and with 17 wins last year and Lopez as a second option, they are destined for failure. 15th seed.

Bostonjorge
07-12-2015, 03:08 AM
How did the east get stronger? Wiz lost pierce, Hawks lost Carroll and nets lost Williams. Three playoff teams lost a starter. East only has one contender.

Gander13SM
07-12-2015, 07:49 AM
East is even more pathetic than before. Regular season will have its ups and downs. Cleveland should stroll through to the finals.

That's if Love and Irving can stay healthy. Which is a big question mark.

I'm going to spend more time watching Knicks this year just for Porzingis. And I'll be watching a lot of the Bucks because I love the direction they're heading in. I will probably watch some Miami, Atlanta and Orlando stuff (orlando just fo Mario really).

Aside from that I'll only be watching big games or nationally televised stuff. The East is so boring I just can't do it anymore. No matter how much I love the game.

Will watch as many western conference games as humanly possible (including road games vs East) as I do every year.

Munkeysuit
07-12-2015, 08:52 AM
Miami with Bosh back and Wade healthy can definitely compete with Cleveland! BUT ask me if I think they can beat them in a 7 game series? ask me if I think ANY team can beat Cleveland in a 7 game series...

PhillyFaninLA
07-12-2015, 09:49 AM
I picked the Bucks...I have a hard time seeing any team in the East compete with a healthy Cleveland team in the playoffs

Big Zo
07-12-2015, 09:53 AM
Miami with Bosh back and Wade healthy can definitely compete with Cleveland! BUT ask me if I think they can beat them in a 7 game series? ask me if I think ANY team can beat Cleveland in a 7 game series...

Can Miami beat Cleveland in a 7 game series? Can ANY team beat Cleveland in a 7 game series?

DarkKnight
07-12-2015, 10:28 AM
The knicks should have the worst record in the east. The east got stronger and with 17 wins last year and Lopez as a second option, they are destined for failure. 15th seed.

Let's make a bet since you post and talk a lot ... Knicks are higher than a 15th seed you leave forever... 15th seed or below I leave . Deal ?

kingkenny01
07-12-2015, 11:23 AM
Bucks in 6, thanks bj young money

Dade County
07-12-2015, 11:37 AM
The east is a bigger joke then ever before. It's July and we already know what team is going to the east finals. Even if injurys happen.http://healthlifeok.com/green/images/63.gif http://healthlifeok.com/green/images/44.gif

But thats not true, if the Cav's get hit with injuries again (Irving, Love or Lbj... 2 out of the 3, or just Lbj alone) there is no way they could beat Miami (maybe other teams).

I don't want that to happen, but some of you posters are really acting crazy.

Also, I don't feel that Pat is done making moves; he will try his hardest to get a star SF in here to go at Lbj (before the trade deadline). I see him trading Winslow, Deng plus 3 to 4 other players to make that happen (No other starters though).

GiantsSwaGG
07-12-2015, 12:25 PM
Cavs
Bulls
Wiz
Bucks(maybe)

Every other team doesn't matter & will be smoked in the first round easily

5ass
07-12-2015, 12:31 PM
The Bucks should be very much improved next year. After the Larry Sanders ordeal and Parker injury in game 26 the rest of the season we started Ersan Ilyasova and Zaza Puchulia at the 4 and 5. Give me Parker and Monroe all day at the 4 and 5 over Ersan and Zaza.
Also our 2nd string pg tore his acl moving Bayless up into that role. With Vasquez we really upgraded out back up pg and we can move Bayless back to the 3rd pg.

Also bucks fans are hopeful that we also have 1 more unknown hidden gem in Damien Inglis who was our 2nd round pick last year. (he was injured all last season) John Hammond was very high on him and said if he was in this year's draft he would have went in the 10 to 20 range. (Hammond has a really good history in the draft with the bucks, especially in the 10 to 20 range) He can play the 2 through 4 and even a little pg at times. He's supposed to be like Luc Richard Mbah A Moute but with a better outside shot and more ability to put the ball on the floor and get to the hoop. IDK how good he will be right away but he's suppose to have potential to become at worst a solid bench piece.

This team is being really underrated and is going to sneak up on people again this year.

We won't be able to beat the Cavs this year but could have a chance in 2/3 years when Lebron starts to slow down a bit, and our 5 starters all under 25 with tons of potential all start to grow into that potential.

They lost a lot of shooting, toughness and experience letting Zaza, Dudley and Ilyasova go. I also think the east as a whole improved this year, so I think they'll have the same record as last year.

ATX
07-12-2015, 12:32 PM
Cavs
Bulls
Wiz
Bucks(maybe)

Every other team doesn't matter & will be smoked in the first round easily

Makes no sense. Dragic/Wade/Deng/Bosh/Whiteside with a much improved bench will be smoked easily?...So dumb. The polling here says otherwise as well.

GiantsSwaGG
07-12-2015, 12:38 PM
Makes no sense. Dragic/Wade/Deng/Bosh/Whiteside with a much improved bench will be smoked easily?...So dumb. The polling here says otherwise as well.

Lol The Heat will be lucky to win 2 playoff games (not trying to be funny) don't trust Wade knees, Dragic wasn't that impressive when he got traded and something tells me he won't do well in a half court system. Stat and Green aren't good bench players & Chalmers is still on the team, Winslow will struggle as a rookie. Too much to get into but I don't buy the hype. Heck the Raps are better and they're a lock to get smoked out the 1st round again. They've improved but not by that much. Just my opinion so I might be right or I might be wrong!

WaDe03
07-12-2015, 12:54 PM
Lol The Heat will be lucky to win 2 playoff games (not trying to be funny) don't trust Wade knees, Dragic wasn't that impressive when he got traded and something tells me he won't do well in a half court system. Stat and Green aren't good bench players & Chalmers is still on the team, Winslow will struggle as a rookie. Too much to get into but I don't buy the hype. Heck the Raps are better and they're a lock to get smoked in the 1st round again. They've improved but not by the much. Imo so I might be right or I might be wrong!

They've changed the system for this coming year. We're going to be a running team. Winslow will struggle but he will also shine. Stat and Green can both give you 10+ a night they're good bench players. Throw in McRoberts Winslow and the rumors of getting Thornton and we have a pretty solid bench with some good shooting as well. Dragic was in a bad situation last year but after playing with the team last year and going through training camp with us this year he should have a good year. We'll have to wait and see though you never know until they get out there and play. I'm with you in the Chalmers is still on the team part though lol.

GiantsSwaGG
07-12-2015, 01:06 PM
They've changed the system for this coming year. We're going to be a running team. Winslow will struggle but he will also shine. Stat and Green can both give you 10+ a night they're good bench players. Throw in McRoberts Winslow and the rumors of getting Thornton and we have a pretty solid bench with some good shooting as well. Dragic was in a bad situation last year but after playing with the team last year and going through training camp with us this year he should have a good year. We'll have to wait and see though you never know until they get out there and play. I'm with you in the Chalmers is still on the team part though lol.

From a Knicks fan Stat will hurt your team more than help, Green and Thorthon on the same team and playing together is a scary thought lol. I like McRoberts and I'm a Winslow fan so I expect big things from him, just not this season. I mean you'll be more of a running team but the question is will that fit Deng, Wade, Bosh and Whiteside? Those players are better suited in a half court system. I don't like the mix imo, you guys will make the playoffs that's a fact I just have a hard time seeing them making it out the first round, we will see!

GiantsSwaGG
07-12-2015, 01:10 PM
Stat is soo bad, when Tyler Hansbrough can drop 30 on you easily you know you suck lol

ChI_ShIzzLe
07-12-2015, 02:22 PM
Although the Bulls are returning essentially the same roster from last year, we're gonna go through a transition this season with the new coach. I'm excited about extended roles for Mirotic and McDermott and the rookie Portis is showing tremendous promise, I see a young KG in him with the way he approaches the game. But next year once again we're gonna have to rely on everyone being healthy for us to have a chance against Cleveland. This time it's more on Noah being healthy than Rose.

Vee-Rex
07-12-2015, 03:39 PM
I like the Pacers.

Sure, they lost Hibbert and West (Hibbert sucks though) but I think the younger, more energetic frontcourt may benefit them more. Ian Mahinmi, Jordan Hill, Lavoy Allen, and Luis Scola isn't terrible. The addition of Chase Budinger to back up PG was a great move too.

I like the addition of Ellis. He's exactly what they need. Provides a scoring punch that was sorely lacking in the Pacers backcourt. Rodney Stuckey will be a great piece off the bench.

If PG returns to form then they're gonna be the true dark horse in the East IMO.

George Hill/Rodney Stuckey
Monta Ellis/C.J. Miles
Paul George/Chase Budinger
Jordan Hill/Lavoy Allen/Luis Scola
Ian Mahinmi/Lavoy Allen

This can be a really scary team. If PG is fully healthy they might become a top 4 team in the East.

Toronto is one of those teams that tends to do fairly well in the regular season but aren't a real contender.

Washington will be around the same, maybe slightly worse.

Milwaukee will be better. Possibly a top 4 team in the East.

Atlanta will be much worse. Bottom 4.

Miami will make the playoffs, maybe as a 5th or 6th seed. Health and cohesion will be their major issues.

Chicago will be top 4.

Vee-Rex
07-12-2015, 03:52 PM
Super bold prediction:

1. Cavs 67-15
2. Pacers 54-28
3. Bulls 54-28
4. Bucks 51-31
5. Raptors 49-33
6. Heat 47-35
7. Hawks 46-36
8. Wizards 42-40

ATX
07-12-2015, 04:26 PM
I like the Pacers.

Sure, they lost Hibbert and West (Hibbert sucks though) but I think the younger, more energetic frontcourt may benefit them more. Ian Mahinmi, Jordan Hill, Lavoy Allen, and Luis Scola isn't terrible. The addition of Chase Budinger to back up PG was a great move too.

I like the addition of Ellis. He's exactly what they need. Provides a scoring punch that was sorely lacking in the Pacers backcourt. Rodney Stuckey will be a great piece off the bench.

If PG returns to form then they're gonna be the true dark horse in the East IMO.

Monta Ellis/C.J. Miles
Ian Mahinmi/Lavoy Allen

This can be a really scary team. If PG is fully healthy they might become a top 4 team in the East.

Toronto is one of those teams that tends to do fairly well in the regular season but aren't a real contender.

Washington will be around the same, maybe slightly worse.

Milwaukee will be better. Possibly a top 4 team in the East.

Atlanta will be much worse. Bottom 4.

Miami will make the playoffs, maybe as a 5th or 6th seed. Health and cohesion will be their major issues.

Chicago will be top 4.

You can add Myles Turner for the Pacers front court as well.

beasted86
07-12-2015, 04:51 PM
Pacers won't be making the playoffs unless Myles Turner is the R.O.Y.

Their front court depth sucks, and I feel like Ellis and George will be a terrible fit. George should be fine eventually, but I expect Ellis to shoot a near career low.

Jamiecballer
07-12-2015, 05:08 PM
Super bold prediction:

1. Cavs 67-15
2. Pacers 54-28
3. Bulls 54-28
4. Bucks 51-31
5. Raptors 49-33
6. Heat 47-35
7. Hawks 46-36
8. Wizards 42-40
You've got 8 teams over .500, that is bold

5ass
07-12-2015, 05:45 PM
Cavs
Hawks
Heat
Bulls
Raptors
Wizards
Bucks
Pacers/Pistons/Knicks

J_M_B
07-12-2015, 05:56 PM
Cavs
Bulls
Hawks
Heat
Wizards
Bucks
Raptors
Pacers
----
Celtics/Pistons

Bartlee23
07-12-2015, 09:22 PM
I see Miami (if healthy lol), battling in the 2nd rd of the playoffs against the bulls or the Wiz.

Rose, Buttler, Dunleavy, Gasol, Noah

Wall, Beal, Otto Porter, Nene, Gortat

Not trying to leave out Bucks or Atl, I just see them playing the Cav's or someone else (lol)

Some people feel that the Hawks have token a step back. I still see them having nice ball movement offensively. But that will add up to only regular season wins, they need a dominate playmaker/finisher.

My only thing is with Miami is that Wade is only good for 60 games, Deng has more miles on him than a 50 year old player after playing heavy minutes in Chicago and Bosh is injury prone as well. I could say the same thing for Chicago. Noah may only play 60 games, Gasol had a great year last year but will be hard to match and let's not even start with Rose. (I'm a Chicago fan)

I also think though that Cleveland should not be placed on this pedestal just because the East stinks. it is very wide open. Lebron is going to be a very old 31 this year. With long playoff runs and very short summers he will still be great but getting old is a part of life. Love has no playoff experience and Thompson works better in his place anyways. Plus he has had his share of injuries too. Irving is good but again lack of experience in the playoffs is a big deal which most people don't take into consideration.

I'm not counting anyone out right now.(of the teams you mentioned) If anything IMO this season is going to come down to what teams can develop a strong bench/rotation to keep players fresh and healthy.

ManRam
07-12-2015, 09:35 PM
I like the Pacers.

Monta Ellis/C.J. Miles
Ian Mahinmi/Lavoy Allen

I'm just hesitant because when the Pacers were hanging with the Heat they were doing it mostly on the strength of their defense (and Paul George going nuts...which isn't a given now). They've sacrificed a lot of that defense now in favor of offense. It might work, but I'm a bit skeptical. That front court is pretty damn awful. Hill isn't good, especially defensively. Mahinmi is a one-skill player. Scola was OK last year but again doesn't play any defense. Allen is just meh. Turner could be a wildcard but getting anything really impacting out of a rookie is rare.

I don't really have a great feel on the East after Cleveland right now. A ton of turnover, change and young teams growing up. I'm hesitant to even guess tbh. But, whatever...

Cavs
Bulls
Heat
Hawks
Wizards
Pacers
Raptors
Bucks

Not confident about any of that.

Vee-Rex
07-13-2015, 01:15 AM
I'm just hesitant because when the Pacers were hanging with the Heat they were doing it mostly on the strength of their defense (and Paul George going nuts...which isn't a given now). They've sacrificed a lot of that defense now in favor of offense. It might work, but I'm a bit skeptical. That front court is pretty damn awful. Hill isn't good, especially defensively. Mahinmi is a one-skill player. Scola was OK last year but again doesn't play any defense. Allen is just meh. Turner could be a wildcard but getting anything really impacting out of a rookie is rare.

I don't really have a great feel on the East after Cleveland right now. A ton of turnover, change and young teams growing up. I'm hesitant to even guess tbh. But, whatever...

Cavs
Bulls
Heat
Hawks
Wizards
Pacers
Raptors
Bucks

Not confident about any of that.

Yeah, I feel you. The East is gonna be as unpredictable as ever this year.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-13-2015, 11:27 AM
They lost a lot of shooting, toughness and experience letting Zaza, Dudley and Ilyasova go. I also think the east as a whole improved this year, so I think they'll have the same record as last year.

Dudley started out hot for a couple weeks into last season but once his shot stopped falling he was horrible. Rather see youth get minutes over middling vets. Zaza is a slow plodding center with great basketball iq but that's about it. Ersan start out half the season rusty or coming off of a injury. I wont miss his pump fakes. Seems like he even pump fakes wide open. Also Ersan been on the decline last 3 years. Rather see Parker play then Ersan. Same goes for Monroe over Zaza. Dudley was just a cool guy in the locker room. On the floor nothing special when his shot was broken. I can see the Bucks take the Bulls out first round this year if we meet again. We match up well with Wizards and Raptors as well. So pretty much Cavs all in before LeBron declines. Heat need to stay healthy to compete with Hawks to over come the Cavs. But Wade misses like 20 or 30 games each year. Bosh needs to be 110% healthy as well.

Jarvo
07-13-2015, 01:16 PM
I can see Miami, Wizards and Bulls beating The Cavs :shrug:

The East has gotten a tad bit better but The Cavs are still the favorites I have it as

Cavs
Heat
Hawks
Bulls
Wizards
Raptors
Bucks
Pistons/ Magic/ Celtics/ Pacers (I hope PG is 100%)

Hawkeye15
07-13-2015, 01:21 PM
Cleveland
Chicago
Atlanta
Milwaukee
Washington
Toronto
Miami
Boston

just winging it, but that feels about right to me

GiantsSwaGG
07-13-2015, 01:41 PM
Cleveland
Chicago
Atlanta
Milwaukee
Washington
Toronto
Miami
Boston

just winging it, but that feels about right to me

This with Cavs, Bulls, Bucks, Wizards battling for a finals appearance. Everyone else doesn't really matter

phantasyyy
07-13-2015, 02:33 PM

Crazy thing about the bucks is that if they had larry sanders still on the team playing the way he was, I'd put them as favorites to put against Cleveland..

Bucks are building that team right, and they have so many young players with upside than I am genuinely jealous of what their potential will be..

MCW, Middleton, Giannis, Parker, Monroe - that starting lineup is 6'6 and taller and the amount of length on the wings is just scary.

Add to that they have Henson, oj mayo, I honestly think they are one dominant defensive big away from doing some real noise.

phantasyyy
07-13-2015, 02:34 PM
But thats not true, if the Cav's get hit with injuries again (Irving, Love or Lbj... 2 out of the 3, or just Lbj alone) there is no way they could beat Miami (maybe other teams).

I don't want that to happen, but some of you posters are really acting crazy.

Also, I don't feel that Pat is done making moves; he will try his hardest to get a star SF in here to go at Lbj (before the trade deadline). I see him trading Winslow, Deng plus 3 to 4 other players to make that happen (No other starters though).

I really don't see them trading winslow, and deng is the ultimate glue guy and with the amount of time off they had I can see him being rejuvenated to be the defensive stopper they need him to be.

phantasyyy
07-13-2015, 02:36 PM
Also Raptors are once again guaranteed a top 4 seed with them playing in the dreaded Atlantic division with the 76ers still tanking, the Nets trading away deron, and the Knicks and Celtics without the talent to reach the 45-50 win threshold to take the division

JusDBasics
07-13-2015, 02:42 PM
Y'all are tripping about the bucks. They are a good young team but to say they are already top 4 in the east is pushing it imo.

Cavs
Bulls
Raps
Hawks
Wiz
Heat
Bucks
Indy or Boston

JusDBasics
07-13-2015, 02:45 PM
Also Raptors are once again guaranteed a top 4 seed with them playing in the dreaded Atlantic division with the 76ers still tanking, the Nets trading away deron, and the Knicks and Celtics without the talent to reach the 45-50 win threshold to take the division

I think they got rid of the division-based seeding if im not mistaken

KB24PG16
07-13-2015, 02:52 PM
health is probably a bigger threat to Cleveland than any other team in the east

5ass
07-13-2015, 03:44 PM
Dudley started out hot for a couple weeks into last season but once his shot stopped falling he was horrible. Rather see youth get minutes over middling vets. Zaza is a slow plodding center with great basketball iq but that's about it. Ersan start out half the season rusty or coming off of a injury. I wont miss his pump fakes. Seems like he even pump fakes wide open. Also Ersan been on the decline last 3 years. Rather see Parker play then Ersan. Same goes for Monroe over Zaza. Dudley was just a cool guy in the locker room. On the floor nothing special when his shot was broken. I can see the Bucks take the Bulls out first round this year if we meet again. We match up well with Wizards and Raptors as well. So pretty much Cavs all in before LeBron declines. Heat need to stay healthy to compete with Hawks to over come the Cavs. But Wade misses like 20 or 30 games each year. Bosh needs to be 110% healthy as well.

Yeah its good to have the young guys play more, but what I'm saying is I dont think it will translate into more wins this season. Like I said, they lost a lot of toughness, shooting and experience. Knight gone, Dudley and Ilyasova gone. Where are the three point shooters? OJ Mayo is not a very consistent shooter. Khris Middleton is good. That's it.

Sly Guy
07-13-2015, 05:02 PM
I'm in the 'none of the above' category. I don't see anyone close to them.

Dade County
07-13-2015, 05:57 PM
I really don't see them trading winslow, and deng is the ultimate glue guy and with the amount of time off they had I can see him being rejuvenated to be the defensive stopper they need him to be.

Well if that trade doesn't go down, I see Deng more of a 6man (Like GS did with Iggy). Miami needs a 3 point gunner in the started lineup (to me).

And I really see Winslow as an asset, but if he proves he's to good to let go, that would be a great thing.

But to me last year was a wasted year, and I don't see Pat wasting another year; this is why I feel like he will trade for a star wing player. Someone to go at Lbj and force him to seriously think about playing defense all game long.

Migueldadon
07-13-2015, 06:37 PM
No one is close to Cleveland in the east. Awful conference.

pebloemer
07-13-2015, 07:27 PM
Cleveland
Chicago
Milwaukee
Washington
Atlanta
Toronto
Miami
Boston
Orlando
Indiana