PDA

View Full Version : Tyson Chandler weighs in on DJ situation

Clippersfan86
07-11-2015, 02:31 PM
I know we already have like 5 threads related to this, but in my defense I didn't start those, figure this may interest some of you.

http://www.tmz.com/2015/07/11/tyson-chandler-chandler-parsons-is-butthurt-over-deandre/

Says a couple interesting things.

1. DJ's reputation among the league won't take a hit. Everybody knew that LAC is where his heart was and if anything he's surprised he even went for Dallas.

2. Parsons is upset and butthurt because he didn't succeed with the recruitment.

chi-townlove1
07-11-2015, 02:38 PM
So you start a thread to take shots at the Mavs and its players. Hmm clever.

Clippersfan86
07-11-2015, 02:40 PM
So you start a thread to take shots at the Mavs and its players. Hmm clever.

Huh? These aren't my quotes. I didn't give my opinion at all here besides saying it was an interesting take.

ATX
07-11-2015, 02:48 PM
Doesn't excuse what DJ did to the Mavs and especially how he handled it.

NYKnickFanatic
07-11-2015, 02:56 PM
He called Parsons butt hurt. Haha

Cracka2HI!
07-11-2015, 03:10 PM
Seems like a chill dude.

Jamiecballer
07-11-2015, 03:29 PM
love chandler, seems like a good dude. don't believe for a second his reputation hasn't been hurt in a fair number of peoples eyes. basketball players or not, they are believe it or not people too!

plus it's a grown MANs league. hiding out like an infant will not gain respect for most people.

FOXHOUND
07-11-2015, 03:47 PM
What if I thought this was just Tyson being "butthurt" for the Mavericks letting him walk to chase someone else for the second time in 4 years?

cheetos185
07-11-2015, 03:51 PM
Chandler taking shots at his previous team nothing new.

hugepatsfan
07-11-2015, 03:52 PM
He's right about Parsons.

Jeffy25
07-11-2015, 05:49 PM
Huh? These aren't my quotes. I didn't give my opinion at all here besides saying it was an interesting take.

Neither of these two things

1. DJ's reputation among the league won't take a hit. Everybody knew that LAC is where his heart was and if anything he's surprised he even went for Dallas.

2. Parsons is upset and butthurt because he didn't succeed with the recruitment.

Were said in what you linked us to. Those are your opinions.

And it's TMZ, and it's drama....who cares?

DJ went back to LAC. Chandler will still get his minutes.

lakerboy
07-11-2015, 06:35 PM
LOL DJ is going to be boo'd everywhere he goes now.

Really cute to see Clipper fans do their part on press control. HAAA

Clippersfan86
07-11-2015, 10:30 PM
Neither of these two things

Were said in what you linked us to. Those are your opinions.

And it's TMZ, and it's drama....who cares?

DJ went back to LAC. Chandler will still get his minutes.

He actually said both towards the end of the video. I paraphrased a bit, but kept it pretty accurate. Here are the exact quotes.

When asked if DJ's reputation will take a hit around the league.

"Not at all. His heart was still in LA. I was surprised he even made that decision to begin with (Dallas). He's got something special with CP and Blake".

When asked about Parsons.

"He's upset, he did the recruiting and it didn't pay off. Butthurt. But he's a good dude though".

Also... "who cares" is relative. Since it's all people have been talking on the forum about for 2 or 3 days, the audience seemed interested potentially. TMZ is garbage, but nobody else got a player's opinion who knows the Mavs, Cuban, Parsons like this but can offer an outside POV.

LA_Raiders
07-11-2015, 10:37 PM
Big guys have no word now a days. DH 2.0

naps
07-11-2015, 11:55 PM
Whatever DJ did was so ****ed up that he should be hated everywhere. No player's opinion matters here. He has no ethics whatsoever and he left the entire mavs frnachise high and dry. So F DJ.

Saddletramp
07-12-2015, 02:03 AM
Big guys have no word now a days. DH 2.0

Never said he'd re-sign.

Talk about butthurt.

JasonJohnHorn
07-12-2015, 06:26 PM
At the end of the day, LAC is the best spot for DaJ.

CP3 is amazing at making limited offensive players efficient. He did it with Chandler, who jumped to what was then a career-high .625 and (up 8% from the previous year) and helped Chandler earn what remains his career high 11.8 points per game. Chandler ended up with a higher FG% when playing with J-Kidd, but it is no doubt in part because of his experience with Paul and Kidd's play-making skills, which are similar to CP3's.

And Paul has done the same thing with DaJ. Under CP3, DaJ has improved his FG% each of the past three seasons, and lead the league for three-straight years while seeing his scoring average rise each season. While it is fair to expect a player's average to rise his first 3 or 4 seasons, to see increased in 7-straight seasons s rare.

CP3 has a way of driving the lane and drawing defenders and know exactly where to dump the ball, so that a guy who has the range of a metre stick gets involved offensively and leads the league in FG%.

I'm not sure DaJ would have gotten that in Dallas. Who would drive the lane and create for him? D-Will? He's to slow at this point to warrant help coming over. He can't open things up for a guy like DaJ like CP3 can.

And in terms of winning, LAC is also the better locale. Sure, Dallas would have improved a little with DaJ, but they were first-round fodder this year, and in their division, they would struggle to maintain their current standing, especially with SAS adding LMA, NO having the most impactful player on both ends of the court, Houston looking forward to being healthy, and Memphis locking up Marc Gasol. Will the Mavs, even with DaJ, be able to finish higher than last in the SW? Especially after losing their leading scorer and letting their starting point guard go? I'm not sure D-Will is an upgrade over Rondo, and Wes doesn't have the ball-handling skills that Monta had (though he is a much better shooter).

Without a solid point guard (and I am hopeful that D-Will will return to form), I don't think Dallas would have the ball movement required to be a playoff team this season.

LAC is a better place for DaJ's skill set, and a better place for him to win. If they are paying 8 million more than Dallas, that's a no brainer to me.

As for 'keeping his word', we've all had times when we've back out of something after careful consideration. This is a bigger stage, but at the same time, I think that makes it all the more important to do what is best for himself.

infernoscurse
07-12-2015, 07:48 PM
they both suck

MTar786
07-14-2015, 10:11 PM
mavs need to get over it and move on now

Thumper 88
07-15-2015, 08:28 AM
They already have tho..

SF8
07-16-2015, 08:02 AM
LOL DJ is going to be boo'd everywhere he goes now.

Really cute to see Clipper fans do their part on press control. HAAA

Clippers fans know their team is gonna get hated even more now. Oh well, at least they can be happy they will make playoffs even though they, once again, won't win more than a series at max.

KnicksorBust
07-16-2015, 08:35 AM
Not the first time it has happened and won't be the last. Honestly I bet he is so relieved that he made the right decision for him that so much of this hate just bounces off him like one of his free throws on the back iron.

Clippersfan86
07-16-2015, 12:26 PM
Clippers fans know their team is gonna get hated even more now. Oh well, at least they can be happy they will make playoffs even though they, once again, won't win more than a series at max.

Lol.

SF8
07-23-2015, 08:23 PM
Lol.

Only cause of CP3. I think Blake by himself may actually have a chance but CP3 has proved time and time again on various teams that he can't get past the 2nd round to save his life.