PDA

View Full Version : Embiid likely to miss entire season

leprechaun5
07-11-2015, 01:32 PM
Keith Pompey ‏@PompeyOnSixers
According to sources,#Sixers center Joel Embiid will have a second surgery and is likely to miss 2015-16 season. http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/deep-sixer/Embiid-likely-to-miss-season-after-2d-surgery.html …

ISIAH_THOMAS
07-11-2015, 01:33 PM
welp looking like another big man who will never be able to play because of injuries

PompeyOnSixers

According to sources,#Sixers center Joel Embiid will have a second surgery and is likely to miss 2015-16 season. http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/deep-sixer/Embiid-likely-to-miss-season-after-2d-surgery.html …

leprechaun5
07-11-2015, 01:34 PM
Awful news for Philly fans. He was supposed to be the best player from that draft.

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-11-2015, 01:37 PM
That sucks for him. I like his personality. At least they will have another high lottery pick next year.

LakersIn5
07-11-2015, 01:41 PM
I feel bad for embiid. Not for the sixers though

Dade County
07-11-2015, 01:49 PM
Crazy

PowerHouse
07-11-2015, 01:49 PM
Greg Oden 2.0

Cal827
07-11-2015, 01:51 PM
Damn, well I guess they should be happy with Okafor then. It's unfortunate for Embiid. Hopefully he can get back to playing at least in some form. But it might go to show that Hinikie's "Plan" to tank for a half decade needs pretty much everything to go in their favor (A la OKC).

IndyRealist
07-11-2015, 02:04 PM
That sucks for him. I like his personality. At least they will have another high lottery pick next year.

There wasn't minutes for Noel, Okafor, and Embiid anyway, right?

HouRealCoach
07-11-2015, 02:05 PM
I really hate to hear this...

Hawkeye15
07-11-2015, 02:08 PM
Unfortunate, I am sure the kid is beyond frustrated. It's really a bummer when big men have these lower body injuries so young, it becomes an uphill climb to ever get to where they might have been.

Even with him, Philly wasn't going to be competitive this year. They will stink again, and right now, the top 5 players coming out next year are again littered with PF/C, which they just don't need.

2-ONE-5
07-11-2015, 02:13 PM
really feel for him, he has been doing everything he can to gt healthy and its just not working, just hope he gets to see the court in the future at some point. But man we really gotta thank the Lakers for passing Okafor now, seriously.

sjbirds
07-11-2015, 02:14 PM
Damn, well I guess they should be happy with Okafor then. It's unfortunate for Embiid. Hopefully he can get back to playing at least in some form. But it might go to show that Hinikie's "Plan" to tank for a half decade needs pretty much everything to go in their favor (A la OKC).
So clueless. Hopefully they correct this and get him healthy

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-11-2015, 02:15 PM
I think there were. A good 3 big man rotation would mean you can have two guys on the floor at all times.

I don't think they would have made the playoffs anyway but they might have been too good to earn a top by pic. Now I'm pretty sure they will get another one.

hugepatsfan
07-11-2015, 02:16 PM
Unfortunate, I am sure the kid is beyond frustrated. It's really a bummer when big men have these lower body injuries so young, it becomes an uphill climb to ever get to where they might have been.

Even with him, Philly wasn't going to be competitive this year. They will stink again, and right now, the top 5 players coming out next year are again littered with PF/C, which they just don't need.

They could always trade the pick. And with this second injury, can you really count on Embiid at all anymore? If the talent is so much greater than the alternative you can use a 3rd big behind Noel/Okafor. Even if those guys play 33 minutes/game each, there's still another 30 minutes per game of PF/C minutes available. The key would just be to draft a guy that can pair with either Okafor or Noel.

5ass
07-11-2015, 02:23 PM

The projected top 5 players today wont be the same after college season is done.

Vinylman
07-11-2015, 02:24 PM
What would it take for philly to trade him? would they take a 1st top 10 protected?

Gander13SM
07-11-2015, 02:29 PM
This is awful. I feel bad for the franchise and it's fanbase. Was really looking forward to seeing this guy play.

AllBall
07-11-2015, 02:30 PM
Trust the process...

http://i.imgur.com/8sJppDN.gif

Biggest bust since Greg Oden

R. Johnson#3
07-11-2015, 02:35 PM
This is really disappointing.

JEDean89
07-11-2015, 02:46 PM
thats tough to swallow, they sucked 2 seasons ago and to now have nothing to show for it... hopefully this disuades teams from tanking like that.

Nikeman
07-11-2015, 02:47 PM
Apparently could be career threatening too. Teams really need to do better research on big men like him and Oden. Talented but so fragile.

Even if he returns I doubt he will stay healthy long and basically be an average player if that. Sad but reality

STRIKERC
07-11-2015, 02:52 PM
How on 2015 earth haven't anybody come up with a way to replace that little bone in the foot??
We have seen guys go from being a man to a pretty woman, guys go from being black to being white but we can't replace a little pesky bone in the foot in 2015?
I'm disappointed in medical science.

GoferKing_
07-11-2015, 02:54 PM
Trust the process...

http://i.imgur.com/8sJppDN.gif

Biggest bust since Greg Oden

Having a serious injury does not equal bust...

Lakers + Giants
07-11-2015, 04:02 PM
Pretty sure the 76ers anticipated this. That's why they still took Okafor in the draft.

Okafor and Noel is still an awesome pairing imo.

RLundi
07-11-2015, 04:17 PM
Sucks big butt but Noel and Okafor should be a really good duo in this league. I have a hard time seeing how Embiid would fit in there anyway. It still stinks but at least Philly can focus on the core 2

Cal827
07-11-2015, 04:37 PM
So clueless. Hopefully they correct this and get him healthy

Okay, why don't you explain to me the plan then. From what I've seen the team traded away a bunch of people who kept them competitive to get Noel, then have traded away people who allowed them to at least battle in order to increase their draft position over the past two seasons.

Right now they have Noel, Embiid, and Okafor and the European (forgot the name at the moment) from those picks (2 Centres and 2 power forwards) . The players are still developing, and with the most of FA gone, their roster is likely set at where it is now. That team is probably gonna bottom out this season too. Next year, they might have two picks in the top 5, depending on the Lakers outcome. Embiid might essentially be a lost cause (value-wise.. It is likely that nobody will trade away a lot for a guy who has leg issues before he even plays, so the team is going to be essentially stuck with him.. Better hope that he starts playing like his projection).

With their game plan, tell me how exactly they're going to draw free agents? Don't think people are going to want to go play for a team that's openly admitted to rebuilding, and will sell out the whole team if they win too much :laugh2:

They better hope that their future picks are 1) not big men and 2) They are an immediate impact. I would've at least kept MCW and let him try out. Best case scenario, he improves his game and they can slot him in, while filling SG/SF. Worst, they could've traded him a little later. If he's able to break the sophmore slump and the Bucks start to jump up, Hinikie is going to look even worse

KB24PG16
07-11-2015, 04:43 PM
philly fans be like "trust the process"

Scoots
07-11-2015, 04:50 PM
2 months before the draft he had moved up to #1, 1 month before the draft he was more solid as #1, 2 weeks before the draft he had slipped because of the questionable nature of big men injuries. He was a good bet for the 76ers. I'm sorry for him and the team and their fans. I hope he recovers and doesn't suffer with this the rest of his athletic life.

Jamiecballer
07-11-2015, 05:03 PM
basketball gods are cruel. guys like this and Oden can't stand on their own legs and Deandre Jordan is a child making 88 million dollars. feel bad for Embiid. really wanted to see him play this year.

beasted86
07-11-2015, 05:09 PM
Sucks for him. They will definitely continue to compare him to Oden.

Is it true they reported this wasn't a freak accident that caused the fracture like landing on someone's foot, but rather maybe a structural flaw?

Might be an ongoing problem.

goingfor28
07-11-2015, 05:20 PM
That sucks

2-ONE-5
07-11-2015, 05:29 PM
What would it take for philly to trade him? would they take a 1st top 10 protected?

i dont think he has any trade value. Personally would rather ride it out with him til the end for better or worse.

its nice we got Okafor and now we have Stauskus who was picked just a few spots behind EMbiid so at least we get something out of that draft

2-ONE-5
07-11-2015, 05:31 PM
Sucks for him. They will definitely continue to compare him to Oden.

Is it true they reported this wasn't a freak accident that caused the fracture like landing on someone's foot, but rather maybe a structural flaw?

Might be an ongoing problem.

yea this is right. no freak accidents or bonehead things like Bynum, just really, really unfortunate situation .

likemystylez
07-11-2015, 05:40 PM
there comes a point in the tanking cycle where it seems to be instilled in the culture of the organization and I think the 76ers have hit that point.

1st a team sits guys who can play in order to get a higher draft pick....then they try winning the next season and they have a bunch of injuries and end up going for a high draft pick... eventually you cant figure out if players are sitting because the team is losing or if the team is losing because players are sitting? Are they trying to bring in players who will sit so its easier to tank? or are the players they bring in falling victim of the culture that the organization breeds?

this is why im not a fan of tanking

Shady66
07-11-2015, 05:42 PM
I feel bad for embiid. Not for the sixers though
This

WITZ
07-11-2015, 06:09 PM
What a bullet the Cavs dodged on this one all signs pointed toward Embiid pre-injury backlash would have been huge lol. Sucks though because Embiid has the makings to be a top big man in the league.

GiantsSwaGG
07-11-2015, 06:17 PM
Sucks for him wish him a speedy recovery. They got okafor so they shouldn't miss him

Forever35
07-11-2015, 06:22 PM
Thank god the C's had the 6th pick and Embiid was taken 3rd... DA was pretty high on Embiid...

2-ONE-5
07-11-2015, 06:33 PM
there comes a point in the tanking cycle where it seems to be instilled in the culture of the organization and I think the 76ers have hit that point.

1st a team sits guys who can play in order to get a higher draft pick....then they try winning the next season and they have a bunch of injuries and end up going for a high draft pick... eventually you cant figure out if players are sitting because the team is losing or if the team is losing because players are sitting? Are they trying to bring in players who will sit so its easier to tank? or are the players they bring in falling victim of the culture that the organization breeds?

this has nothing to do with tanking dude let it go for a day.

likemystylez
07-11-2015, 06:54 PM
this has nothing to do with tanking dude let it go for a day.

never know why a player is sitting out when a team has a tanking culture.

when you have a strong culture for winning like the celtics teams of the mid 80s- kevin mchale played through the entire playoggs with a broken foot and played at a high level. when everyone from top to bottom in an organization makes winning games the number one priority- players are more likely to work through injuries than just constantly look for reasons to sit out.

Kansas had a winning culture and Embiid played when he was there.... then immediately when he went to the 76ers- it seems like hes sitting out every chance he gets.

Scoots
07-11-2015, 07:00 PM

Who is?

THE MTL
07-11-2015, 07:32 PM
basketball gods are cruel. guys like this and Oden can't stand on their own legs and Deandre Jordan is a child making 88 million dollars. feel bad for Embiid. really wanted to see him play this year.

Before you attack DJ and call him a child, look up Greg Oden on social media sending dick pics.

Scoots
07-11-2015, 07:48 PM
Before you attack DJ and call him a child, look up Greg Oden on social media sending dick pics.

Just because there are OTHER children in the world doesn't mean DJ doesn't deserve some criticism.

2-ONE-5
07-11-2015, 07:50 PM
never know why a player is sitting out when a team has a tanking culture.

when you have a strong culture for winning like the celtics teams of the mid 80s- kevin mchale played through the entire playoggs with a broken foot and played at a high level. when everyone from top to bottom in an organization makes winning games the number one priority- players are more likely to work through injuries than just constantly look for reasons to sit out.

Kansas had a winning culture and Embiid played when he was there.... then immediately when he went to the 76ers- it seems like hes sitting out every chance he gets.

lol ok

Scoots
07-11-2015, 08:19 PM
lol ok

You think it's tough being a 76ers fan? We Warriors fans have LOL Please on one side talking constant smack and blithering mindlessly and on the other side Stylez constant negativity and talking about "injury habits" and "tanking habits" despite the Warriors winning 83 games and the title this year :)

Jamiecballer
07-11-2015, 08:21 PM
Meh, different degrees of immaturity with very different ramifications.

ILLUSIONIST^248
07-11-2015, 08:31 PM
Wow, career over before it even started

LA_Raiders
07-11-2015, 10:46 PM
That's messed up. Wish him the best.

THE MTL
07-11-2015, 10:55 PM
So in two complete seasons of utter tanking Philly only has Jalil Okafor, Nerlens Noel to show for it. And Embiid is a Greg Oden bust. I dont touch big men with any kind of problem from the knee and below.

LakerShow
07-11-2015, 11:36 PM
i kinda feel sorry for him now, hes a good kid. as mentioned already, you have childish players like jordan making millions, while players like oden and embiid getting inured and cant play.

kobe4thewinbang
07-12-2015, 12:14 AM
Should have never been drafted. Should give 76ers their money back.

Jeffy25
07-12-2015, 12:36 AM

Couldn't all three play 28-32 minutes per game and have two of them on the floor at all times basically?

If each player played exactly 32 minutes each, that would fulfill the 4 and 5 each game.

Scoots
07-12-2015, 12:36 AM

That's pretty extreme. He wasn't keeping any secrets we know of so it's up to the teams to make their decision.

beasted86
07-12-2015, 12:51 AM

I don't understand this post. Those two sentences are oxymoronic.

Or are you suggesting he should have dropped out of the draft on his own accord?

warfelg
07-12-2015, 08:23 AM
So in two complete seasons of utter tanking Philly only has Jalil Okafor, Nerlens Noel to show for it. And Embiid is a Greg Oden bust. I dont touch big men with any kind of problem from the knee and below.

Showing very little understanding of what has happened here.

Two seasons:
Related to the Jrue Holiday trade we got Noel, Saric, our own 2016 pick back (it was traded to Orlando in the Bynum trade), and the 2016 Miami pick
We picked up the OKC pick for taking Javale McGees salary on.
We traded Lavoy Allen and ET for second round picks, which ended up being the ammo needed to trade for Jason Thompson, Carl Landry, Nik Stauskas, pick swaps, and a future first.
Picked MCW, and when it became clear he will always be a turnover prone, good passing, poor shooting PG we flipped him for a top 3 protected pick.

We also go into the 2016 offseason with the most cap room in the NBA (estimated at over $50 million), a new training/practice facility, the potential for 2 of the better young bigs in the NBA, a steal of a decent shooter in Covington, 4 potential first round picks.

So no it wasn't 2 years for just Okafor and Noel.

Munkeysuit
07-12-2015, 08:50 AM
The next Greg Oden...

NYSpirit1
07-12-2015, 10:38 AM
Showing very little understanding of what has happened here.

Two seasons:
Related to the Jrue Holiday trade we got Noel, Saric, our own 2016 pick back (it was traded to Orlando in the Bynum trade), and the 2016 Miami pick
We picked up the OKC pick for taking Javale McGees salary on.
We traded Lavoy Allen and ET for second round picks, which ended up being the ammo needed to trade for Jason Thompson, Carl Landry, Nik Stauskas, pick swaps, and a future first.
Picked MCW, and when it became clear he will always be a turnover prone, good passing, poor shooting PG we flipped him for a top 3 protected pick.

We also go into the 2016 offseason with the most cap room in the NBA (estimated at over $50 million), a new training/practice facility, the potential for 2 of the better young bigs in the NBA, a steal of a decent shooter in Covington, 4 potential first round picks.

So no it wasn't 2 years for just Okafor and Noel.

This is all stupid talk. Hinkie has been a horrid general manager who has shown no interest in building an actual team. Even with Embiid hurt, you should've picked Mudiay this year. When are you getting a PG? There are no good ones in this draft.

Let's recap the last three drafts:

2013: Noel (missed a year, looked good in 14-15), Williams (traded)
2014: Embiid at #3 (Oden V2), Saric (still hasn't came over and you traded a really promising PG for him, Payton)
2015: Okafor (when you already had two big men)

Yeah, you have four picks coming up this year, but two of them will be late round picks (Miami and OKC in the 20s), a Lakers pick that will be around (10-12) and your pick for sucking again. And keep in mind this upcoming draft sucks. So it's a slightly better version of Boston.

Hinkie could've (and should've) kept Payton last year and if not, I'm sure he could've convinced Cleveland or Milwaukee to take #3 and #10 for #1 or #2 and you'd have a star wing. And then he traded Williams for what will be 10th pick or worth, when he could've gotten a good player for him.

He just has no interest in building a team. He's a **** GM.

warfelg
07-12-2015, 10:54 AM
More ignorance yet again.

It's just funny since your a Knicks fan that you are trying to make Hinkie out to be incompetent when most GMs consider him one of the smarter guys out there.

Payton is a promising PG? Congrats, so are about 15 other guys in the NBA. And he (Hinkie) traded Payton, who Orlando coveted, into Saric, who tried on his own to get to Philly this year, and our own 2016 1st, which was traded away for Bynum.

And so what if the Miami and OKC picks are in the 20's. You know who else has built a sustaining great NBA team on mid 20 picks? The Spurs who take euros year after year there. They are also "sweeten the deal" type assets. Lakers might (even with Hibbert) be one of the worst teams in the west. I think they pick in the 6-8 range.

warfelg
07-12-2015, 10:55 AM

It's just funny since your a Knicks fan that you are trying to make Hinkie out to be incompetent when most GMs consider him one of the smarter guys out there.

Payton is a promising PG? Congrats, so are about 15 other guys in the NBA. And he (Hinkie) traded Payton, who Orlando coveted, into Saric, who tried on his own to get to Philly this year, and our own 2016 1st, which was traded away for Bynum.

And so what if the Miami and OKC picks are in the 20's. You know who else has built a sustaining great NBA team on mid 20 picks? The Spurs who take euros year after year there. They are also "sweeten the deal" type assets. Lakers might (even with Hibbert) be one of the worst teams in the west. I think they pick in the 6-8 range.

5ass
07-12-2015, 12:26 PM

The Magic weren't getting a 2016 pick from Philly. It was protected.

warfelg
07-12-2015, 12:33 PM

It was protected. And it turned to 2 2nds if they never got the first due to the protection.

Basically if Bynum came, played, resigned here, and never was injured like he was I would bet that pick likely ends up in the Magic's hands.

Cal827
07-12-2015, 12:46 PM

:laugh2: I hate when people say "we got our pick back" when the protection on it probably would have prevented the other team from getting it if it's bad.... I can understand if the pick eventually became an unprotected 1st round pick, or it's something like top 5 protected or something like that, but come on :laugh2:

One of the reasons that I hated Colangelo was because in order to save his ***, he would claim how he got the 2011 1st round pick back in the Bosh S/T, which was previously dealt in the Jermaine O'neal-Shawn Marion trade, but in the end, the pick was heavily protected, and there's no chance that Miami would get it (since the Raptors were rebuilding for the next few years)... would just end up a couple seconds, which usually isn't that bad of a price(sometimes they become good players, but a ton of the time, they barely play).

5ass
07-12-2015, 12:47 PM
It was protected. And it turned to 2 2nds if they never got the first due to the protection.

Basically if Bynum came, played, resigned here, and never was injured like he was I would bet that pick likely ends up in the Magic's hands.

Yes, but at the time of the trade Bynum was long gone. At that point the Magic knew they wouldn't see the pick, so they didn't trade away a 2016 1st is what I'm saying.

2-ONE-5
07-12-2015, 01:06 PM
yea but we got an asset back for a player we had no intention of ever keeping in order to get our actual target a few picks later. How could that possibly not be a good move? Thats Hinkie just cleaning up the old FO's mess while still being able to do what he wanted in the draft.

5ass
07-12-2015, 01:06 PM
:laugh2: I hate when people say "we got our pick back" when the protection on it probably would have prevented the other team from getting it if it's bad.... I can understand if the pick eventually became an unprotected 1st round pick, or it's something like top 5 protected or something like that, but come on :laugh2:

One of the reasons that I hated Colangelo was because in order to save his ***, he would claim how he got the 2011 1st round pick back in the Bosh S/T, which was previously dealt in the Jermaine O'neal-Shawn Marion trade, but in the end, the pick was heavily protected, and there's no chance that Miami would get it (since the Raptors were rebuilding for the next few years)... would just end up a couple seconds, which usually isn't that bad of a price(sometimes they become good players, but a ton of the time, they barely play).

Well it was top 8 protected 2016, but we know damn well Hinkie is aiming for that #1 pick.

The first round pick from the Sixers, according to Ken Berger of CBS Sports, “is lottery protected for two years, top 11 protected in year three, top 8 protected in year four. If Magic don’t get a first from Philly by 2016, they get two second-round picks, league source said.”

So unless the sixers somehow finish out of the bottom 8, the Magic really only gave away a couple of 2nds for Payton, who very well could be the best PG in the draft even ahead of Smart and Exum.

warfelg
07-12-2015, 01:17 PM
yea but we got an asset back for a player we had no intention of ever keeping in order to get our actual target a few picks later. How could that possibly not be a good move? Thats Hinkie just cleaning up the old FO's mess while still being able to do what he wanted in the draft.

^^^ this

5ass
07-12-2015, 01:27 PM

I'm not saying it wasn't a good move. No body knows until Saric gets to the NBA. IF Saric is better than Payton, then its clearly a good move. Second round picks are not something you're going to care about when building a team from scratch. The potential to get a star there, is a long shot. Even rotation players are hard to find. If you want rotation players you can do it later through FA, but first and foremost you get your building blocks.

I just think its funny people were all over Hennigan when he made that trade. Talking about how Hinkie robbed him. Lol.

Scoots
07-12-2015, 01:34 PM

You think that's bad ... the Warriors traded 3 first round picks to draft Chris Webber then traded him for 3 first round picks and said "We got our picks back" ... but they traded away HIGH picks (Warriors sucked since they traded Webber) and got back mid round picks. Jeez the Warriors front office has sucked a LOT in the past.

Scoots
07-12-2015, 01:38 PM
Sixers fans ... I am on your side, I understand what has been happening and why.

You are not going to convince others with words. Your team has to actually become respectable.

In the meantime maybe instead of trying to explain it over and over you can just say "Wait and see our team in 5 years and you'll see that Hinkie was right" ... that's what I'll be doing ... waiting.

2-ONE-5
07-12-2015, 02:18 PM
I'm not saying it wasn't a good move. No body knows until Saric gets to the NBA. IF Saric is better than Payton, then its clearly a good move. Second round picks are not something you're going to care about when building a team from scratch. The potential to get a star there, is a long shot. Even rotation players are hard to find. If you want rotation players you can do it later through FA, but first and foremost you get your building blocks.

I just think its funny people were all over Hennigan when he made that trade. Talking about how Hinkie robbed him. Lol.

its a good move for us no matter what, bcuz like I said we didnt even want Payton, we just wanted the pick back. Its not really a win or lose type trade to me when all things are considerd

SMH!
07-12-2015, 02:32 PM
This is all stupid talk. Hinkie has been a horrid general manager who has shown no interest in building an actual team. Even with Embiid hurt, you should've picked Mudiay this year. When are you getting a PG? There are no good ones in this draft.

Let's recap the last three drafts:

2013: Noel (missed a year, looked good in 14-15), Williams (traded)
2014: Embiid at #3 (Oden V2), Saric (still hasn't came over and you traded a really promising PG for him, Payton)
2015: Okafor (when you already had two big men)

Yeah, you have four picks coming up this year, but two of them will be late round picks (Miami and OKC in the 20s), a Lakers pick that will be around (10-12) and your pick for sucking again. And keep in mind this upcoming draft sucks. So it's a slightly better version of Boston.

Hinkie could've (and should've) kept Payton last year and if not, I'm sure he could've convinced Cleveland or Milwaukee to take #3 and #10 for #1 or #2 and you'd have a star wing. And then he traded Williams for what will be 10th pick or worth, when he could've gotten a good player for him.

He just has no interest in building a team. He's a **** GM.

Are you really judging next years draft this early? You're trolling right? Last year at this time, Kelly Oubre, Stanley Johnson, Mudiay, and Okafor were the top picks in mock drafts. Dangelo was a late first rounder and Towns was all over the place.

5ass
07-12-2015, 02:49 PM
its a good move for us no matter what, bcuz like I said we didnt even want Payton, we just wanted the pick back. Its not really a win or lose type trade to me when all things are considerd

If Payton becomes an all star and Saric a bust you're telling me it would still be a good trade because you didn't lose a couple of second round picks? All that matters are the end results.

2-ONE-5
07-12-2015, 03:02 PM
If Payton becomes an all star and Saric a bust you're telling me it would still be a good trade because you didn't lose a couple of second round picks? All that matters are the end results.

basically, yes. again we had MCW and we didnt want or need Payton, we wanted Saric and we got him. Dont care for hindsight in the least. Its not a couple of 2nds to us its our first back, it would have only been a couple of 2nd to you guys which is why its not a big deal to give up.

5ass
07-12-2015, 03:13 PM
basically, yes. again we had MCW and we didnt want or need Payton, we wanted Saric and we got him. Dont care for hindsight in the least. Its not a couple of 2nds to us its our first back, it would have only been a couple of 2nd to you guys which is why its not a big deal to give up.

Who knows if Hinkie was ever serious about MCW though, and its not like Hinkie has shown he drafts based on needs.
The bolded doesn't even make sense. How did you get back a 1st round pick if it isnt what you are giving up?

Sactown
07-12-2015, 03:36 PM
Who knows if Hinkie was ever serious about MCW though, and its not like Hinkie has shown he drafts based on needs.
The bolded doesn't even make sense. How did you get back a 1st round pick if it isnt what you are giving up?

It was a protected 1st correct? Even if the odds are super slim they'll give it away, it's still an inconvenience to not be able to base any trades off of it.

Whether Payton or Saric is better shouldn't matter as they obviously weren't that high on him and if they stayed at that spot they still might not have selected him

2-ONE-5
07-12-2015, 04:04 PM

what Sactown said. look at this way, had you guys not had our pick we never even take Payton

5ass
07-12-2015, 04:14 PM
what Sactown said. look at this way, had you guys not had our pick we never even take Payton

Except you dont know that. Hinkie usually takes the BPA. Payton's stock was the highest of the remaining players on draft night. A lot of people thought that the Kings would draft him at 8th (and they should've).

5ass
07-12-2015, 04:16 PM
It was a protected 1st correct? Even if the odds are super slim they'll give it away, it's still an inconvenience to not be able to base any trades off of it.

Whether Payton or Saric is better shouldn't matter as they obviously weren't that high on him and if they stayed at that spot they still might not have selected him

Trading the pick is a very unlikely scenario, but I get it, it opened up an option for the sixers.

We don't know how high hinkie was on Payton. He actually praised him in the post draft interview. Maybe he was high on both Saric and Payton, but felt the trade was worth it.

2-ONE-5
07-12-2015, 08:42 PM
well hes not gonna go **** on the kid publicly for no reason.

Corey
07-12-2015, 08:43 PM
Might as well scoop another high lotto pick for when Saric and Embiid are ready next year.

JEDean89
07-13-2015, 11:47 AM
Sixers will be in way better shape if Jamal Murray is available to draft. He is exactly the type of shooting PG they need to pair with Okafor. Try and flip Embiid or Noel next year for a wing and they can start to be competitive. The good news for the 76ers is it's hard to see him going ahead of Simmons, Skal, Ingram or Brown so they shouldn't need a top 2 pick to get him. I think Hinkie would have drafted either Payton or Mudiay had he wanted that type of PG, him passing on them makes me think he wants that shooting PG like Steph, Russell, and like Murray can be. The top pick in next years draft would work well next to Oka, but damn do they need a guard to hand the reigns to.

Tony_Starks
07-13-2015, 12:23 PM
I wonder what happens first this kid playing or Hinkie getting fired?

STRIKERC
07-13-2015, 12:27 PM
Sixers will be in way better shape if Jamal Murray is available to draft. He is exactly the type of shooting PG they need to pair with Okafor. Try and flip Embiid or Noel next year for a wing and they can start to be competitive. The good news for the 76ers is it's hard to see him going ahead of Simmons, Skal, Ingram or Brown so they shouldn't need a top 2 pick to get him. I think Hinkie would have drafted either Payton or Mudiay had he wanted that type of PG, him passing on them makes me think he wants that shooting PG like Steph, Russell, and like Murray can be. The top pick in next years draft would work well next to Oka, but damn do they need a guard to hand the reigns to.

We're not trading Embiid.
Guy could have played this year if they wanted him to as he felt no pain in his foot. Hinkie and his team are trying their best to get him to play for many years in the NBA thus the need to have this surgery to completely take care of the problem.
You don't do all that just to trade him. If they wanted to trade him they would've put him out there on the court and traded him by mid-season.
Embiid felt no pain whatsoever in his foot and infact he was apparently killing dudes in practice.

beasted86
07-13-2015, 12:56 PM
We're not trading Embiid.
Guy could have played this year if they wanted him to as he felt no pain in his foot. Hinkie and his team are trying their best to get him to play for many years in the NBA thus the need to have this surgery to completely take care of the problem.
You don't do all that just to trade him. If they wanted to trade him they would've put him out there on the court and traded him by mid-season.
Embiid felt no pain whatsoever in his foot and infact he was apparently killing dudes in practice.

This is one of the craziest posts I've seen in a while if I'm understanding it right.

You're saying this second surgery is unnecessary and just for extra precaution? Or are you saying they held him out last season to tank harder? Which one? Or is it both?

Please elaborate.

2-ONE-5
07-13-2015, 01:16 PM
he is wording it poorly but i believe he is trying to say Hinkie and Co want to ensure Embiids health to have as long of a career as possible. He was apparently healed up about 85-90% and practicing for a few months pain free (believe he still is pain free) but the team wants him to reach 100% to avoid any possible further damage playing on it. Now we dont know if this is true at all and nothing official like this has been stated its more or less us just gathering what we know and being optimistic.

tredigs
07-13-2015, 01:33 PM
^Sounds like some grade A BS to me. If he was 100% pain free he would be playing. What would the issue be... that they did precautionary X-rays and something still looked off despite it giving him zero problems what-so-ever, so they just decided to put him under the knife (always a risk to cause more issues in the future)?

Hinkie has a god damn trance over some of you fans.

beasted86
07-13-2015, 01:37 PM
he is wording it poorly but i believe he is trying to say Hinkie and Co want to ensure Embiids health to have as long of a career as possible. He was apparently healed up about 85-90% and practicing for a few months pain free (believe he still is pain free) but the team wants him to reach 100% to avoid any possible further damage playing on it. Now we dont know if this is true at all and nothing official like this has been stated its more or less us just gathering what we know and being optimistic.

Still sounds crazy and completely bogus.

Him having pain or not is no indication whether the fracture has healed or not.

2-ONE-5
07-13-2015, 01:56 PM
no where did i say that was the case nor did i say any of this is 100% accurate. just going off reports we have been giving with some optimism.

valade16
07-13-2015, 02:18 PM
As a Blazer fan who went through this with Greg Oden. It's best if you write him off now and just assume he will never play again, that way if he does it's just an extra bonus.

If you count on him ever returning to the court you are setting yourself up for some serious disappointment.

ewing
07-13-2015, 02:39 PM
all part of the master plan

tredigs
07-13-2015, 02:50 PM
As a Blazer fan who went through this with Greg Oden. It's best if you write him off now and just assume he will never play again, that way if he does it's just an extra bonus.

If you count on him ever returning to the court you are setting yourself up for some serious disappointment.

Exactly how I feel. Even just being a fan of the NBA and getting excited to watch his game this year, I've written Embiid off 100%. If he does play and succeeds in the future - wow - that would shock me and be awesome. As is, there's no light at the end of the tunnel and as you said, it's just setting yourself up for disappointment to hold out hope.

At least he can take solace in the fact that he's already made more money than most of us will in our lifetime, and he's never done anything.

Stinkyoutsider
07-13-2015, 03:33 PM
A real shame. He just can't buy a break and get healthy. Grabbing Okafor turned out to be the right move going forward.

If I was Embiid, it's not time to give up on his dream just yet. There's been other 7 footers who've had some terrible luck with their feet and ankles so if he just continues to work, I'm sure he'll be able to bounce back.

D-Leethal
07-13-2015, 03:40 PM
all part of the master plan

Somewhere Hinkie just got wood.

Scoots
07-14-2015, 12:30 AM
Somewhere Hinkie just got wood.

lol ... I don't think he gets wood unless it's spoken by a true believer. Here is was sarcastic :)