PDA

View Full Version : Mavs and Deron Williams

Stunner
07-10-2015, 02:39 AM
@ESPNSteinLine: Story going online now: ESPN sources say Deron Williams seeking release from Brooklyn Nets so he can sign with his hometown Dallas Mavericks

@ESPNSteinLine: As covered in the story, there is strong mutual interest between Mavs and Deron Williams to strike deal if Williams and Nets can part ways

goingfor28
07-10-2015, 02:44 AM
Would be a really solid pickup. If nets release him I'd imagine he signs for much less in Dallas.

bucketss
07-10-2015, 02:50 AM
should have went there the first time.

Jtirado16
07-10-2015, 02:52 AM
Nets will look to release him. Save money and try to rebuild. Because that team is going nowhere.

marj987
07-10-2015, 02:52 AM
Eh, it's a start

*Silver&Black*
07-10-2015, 03:00 AM
Nets about to give other teams lottery picks. You couldn't have done this a year sooner Nets?

beasted86
07-10-2015, 08:15 AM
Nets will look to release him. Save money and try to rebuild. Because that team is going nowhere.

So you tank and give free top 3 picks to the Celtics?

I don't think many fans understand what the job of a GM is on PSD.

YAALREADYKNO
07-10-2015, 08:22 AM
Now he wants to come to Dallas

matnautico
07-10-2015, 08:40 AM

That is correct, they wont enter a full rebuild, but they will try to find ways to get the luxury tax hit down, Prokhorov is losing a lot of money with this franchise... They might stretch D-Will if they cant trade JJ, one of the two is probably gone.

Ty22Mitchell
07-10-2015, 08:44 AM

LMAO, that is such a great question. Correct me if I'm wrong, but those picks aren't protected. They're prob build short term around Brook Lopez (I think his three year deal ends when they get their pick back) to remain marketable, while reining in spending. After Billy King's disastrous trades are finally off the books, you have to believe they start to tank.

--------
Pause:
Is tanking cliche now?? (not serious)

Ty22Mitchell
07-10-2015, 08:46 AM
That is correct, they wont enter a full rebuild, but they will try to find ways to get the luxury tax hit down, Prokhorov is losing a lot of money with this franchise... They might stretch D-Will if they cant trade JJ, one of the two is probably gone.

I thought it was reported that they didn't want to stretch him. The article on ESPN says they want to either trade him (which there seems to be a limited market for), or they want to negotiate a buy-out.

NYKnickFanatic
07-10-2015, 08:53 AM
The dumbass should have just signed with them when he had the chance.

Thumper 88
07-10-2015, 09:36 AM
The dumbass should have just signed with them when he had the chance.

Looking back I'm glad he didn't lol

NYKnickFanatic
07-10-2015, 09:50 AM
Looking back I'm glad he didn't lol

Yeah, he's washed. For the vet min, not bad though.

Avenged
07-10-2015, 10:02 AM
That overrated center about to change his mind again.

ManningToTyree
07-10-2015, 10:10 AM
Deron is a shell of what he was in Utah

Sactown
07-10-2015, 10:20 AM
Love how it says " looking to be released" , not "looking for a buy out"

mrblisterdundee
07-10-2015, 10:21 AM
So Dallas might sign some more B-level talent and still end up at the bottom of the playoff bracket, soon to be eliminated by one of the real contenders? Why exactly can't Cuban admit the Dirk era is over, find him a contender to join and totally rebuild?

YAALREADYKNO
07-10-2015, 10:44 AM
If he can stay healthy and average about 15 & 7 it'll be a solid pickup for the Mavs

Thumper 88
07-10-2015, 10:44 AM
So Dallas might sign some more B-level talent and still end up at the bottom of the playoff bracket, soon to be eliminated by one of the real contenders? Why exactly can't Cuban admit the Dirk era is over, find him a contender to join and totally rebuild?

I agree.. But I think they don't think they will be bad enough to make bottom 7 since the Celtics own their pick which is only top 7 protected.

So they are going to try and do something this year.. Crazy I know.

My guess is Dirk doesn't want to leave so Cuban is going to try and do something this year since they won't have a first rounder anyways

FYL_McVeezy
07-10-2015, 10:46 AM
How awful was that PP and KG trade for the Nets????

They can't even get rid of DWill and tank properly :facepalm:

apocalypse15
07-10-2015, 10:48 AM
So if this does happen, how valuable do those picks become as trade pieces for the Celtics? Or should the Celtics hang onto them?

Saddletramp
07-10-2015, 11:12 AM
How does Billy King still have a job?

bleedprple&gold
07-10-2015, 11:24 AM
Love how it says " looking to be released" , not "looking for a buy out"

He wants the Josh Smith treatment. Get all of his money and get to go where he wants. If I'm the Nets I only offer him half of his remaining contract. If he doesn't like it he can sit on the bench and rot away the last two years. This is becoming a disturbing trend where players want to have their cake and eat it too by trying to get out of a contract but still get all their money by becoming a disturbance. It doesn't work that way. There's a reason why it's called a contract, you have to honor it.

colinskik
07-10-2015, 12:19 PM
He wants the Josh Smith treatment. Get all of his money and get to go where he wants. If I'm the Nets I only offer him half of his remaining contract. If he doesn't like it he can sit on the bench and rot away the last two years. This is becoming a disturbing trend where players want to have their cake and eat it too by trying to get out of a contract but still get all their money by becoming a disturbance. It doesn't work that way. There's a reason why it's called a contract, you have to honor it.

This. So much this.

I've gotten a clearer picture of who D-will is since he's come to the Nets, and it's not pretty. This guy is a prima donna who is not even half the player he once was with the Jazz.

It was clear he didn't want to resign with the Nets a few years back and seems to resent being the face of the franchise. During the move to Brooklyn campaign he had several forced, awkward publicity engagements. He must have known it would come with the territory, and if he wasn't cool with it he shouldn't have resigned.

And now he wants to go home? Fine. But he should have to void his entire contract IMO. I know that's not how it works, but it should be more of a "Yeah, you can leave the team if you want, but you're outta your gourd if you think you'll get any money from us."

Of course, the Nets also want him gone, so i'm sure a buyout works for both parties.

Saddletramp
07-10-2015, 12:23 PM
He might want what Smith got, but Smith didn't act this way. He was ill-utilized and under performed. Had no idea SVG was cutting him prior to hit happening.

Ty22Mitchell
07-10-2015, 02:10 PM

How did he get the job in the first place? His time in Philadelphia wasn't all that impressive.

beasted86
07-10-2015, 02:15 PM

As long as Deron isn't a distraction or preventing one of the young guys from developing, you never simply cut him.

You either come to a buyout settlement and save yourself some money or you get some sort of assets in return for him.

If he helps the team get even 1 singular more win during the season, then that's pushing them closer to a better record and not simply conceding the best possible pick to the Celtics. It's a matter of common sense and principle how you handle the past mistake of trading unprotected picks.

Hawkeye15
07-10-2015, 02:31 PM
Cuban is an awesome owner for a team that has a star or two. He is going to be a terrible owner for a team without any star players.

D-Leethal
07-10-2015, 03:46 PM

Didn't they just extend him too? SMH...

Stunner
07-10-2015, 03:49 PM
@MySportsLegion: Deron Williams reportedly had to be held back after attempting to go at head coach Lionel Hollins at some point in February. (NYDN)

HunterNRoss
07-10-2015, 04:59 PM
David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt now18 seconds ago
The Nets and Deron Williams have reached a buyout agreement, per source.

HunterNRoss
07-10-2015, 05:04 PM
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine now22 seconds ago
ESPN sources say Deron Williams is expected to sign a two-year deal with Dallas in the $10 million range once he hits the open market

*Silver&Black*
07-10-2015, 05:14 PM

He is the front along with the basketball franchise for the real business.

Billy King : 'Orlando' from The Wire

Mikhail Prokhorov : 'The Greek' from The Wire

hugepatsfan
07-10-2015, 05:17 PM
I love this news for BOS. We have BRK's unprotected pick and while this helps their wallets, I still think D-Will is better than their backups. We have DAL's pick but top 7 protected and as of right now, I think they could be in the top 7. I don't think D-Will buts them into the playoffs but I think he, along with others, can solidify them as a back-half-of-the-lottery team.

Hawkeye15
07-10-2015, 05:19 PM
I love this news for BOS. We have BRK's unprotected pick and while this helps their wallets, I still think D-Will is better than their backups. We have DAL's pick but top 7 protected and as of right now, I think they could be in the top 7. I don't think D-Will buts them into the playoffs but I think he, along with others, can solidify them as a back-half-of-the-lottery team.

Cuban building a team that will win 38-42 games for the next fews years, otherwise known as purgatory.

Stunner
07-10-2015, 05:23 PM
@ESPNNBA: Williams is likely to sign a 2-year contract with Mavericks in $10 million range (via @ESPNSteinLine). https://t.co/3EybMKCK2L

hugepatsfan
07-10-2015, 05:33 PM
Cuban building a team that will win 38-42 games for the next fews years, otherwise known as purgatory.

Yeah they don't appear headed to the top of the lottery anytime soon so they better land a big-time FA at some point.

Sactown
07-10-2015, 05:34 PM
Somewhere Danny Ainge is sitting in a mud bath with his IPad on twitter smiling knowing now he has a chance at a better pick with Brooklyn and having a better chance at Dallas's pick.

He probably smiled put down the iPad, put some cucumbers over his eyes and took a drink of some whiskey with the back ground music playing ocean sounds, right before he falls a sleep he mumbles "it's all coming together "

Hawkeye15
07-10-2015, 05:38 PM
Yeah they don't appear headed to the top of the lottery anytime soon so they better land a big-time FA at some point.

or let Matthews and Parsons come back slowly from their surgeries, and fill out the roster with below replacement level players on one year deals, and rebuild....

Hawkeye15
07-10-2015, 05:39 PM
Somewhere Danny Ainge is sitting in a mud bath with his IPad on twitter smiling knowing now he has a chance at a better pick with Brooklyn and having a better chance at Dallas's pick.

He probably smiled put down the iPad, put some cucumbers over his eyes and took a drink of some whiskey with the back ground music playing ocean sounds, right before he falls a sleep he mumbles "it's all coming together "

I picture him listening to Enya

Sactown
07-10-2015, 05:39 PM
or let Matthews and Parsons come back slowly from their surgeries, and fill out the roster with below replacement level players on one year deals, and rebuild....

If I'm Dallas I hope they both come back soon, show they're still high end talent, and try to dump them next off season for picks and future assets allow Dirk to retire and try to rebuild

hugepatsfan
07-10-2015, 05:44 PM
I actually think that this will be a steal of a contract for Dallas. I think he'll bounce back there. Not all the way to a star but enough that he'll easily be worth this deal and more.

Thumper 88
07-10-2015, 05:44 PM
While I don't agree with their plan atm there are 6 teams I have locked to finish ahead of them

GSW
SAS
LAC
HOU
OKC
MEM

now with two spots reaming I have these teams fighting for it

NOLA
SAC
PHX
DAL

I honestly don't think I'm missing any teams unless people think LAL will compete.

DALLAS current line up

D-Will / JJ / Felton
Wes / Harris / Anderson
Parsons / Jefferson
Dirk / Charlie V / Powell
Zaza / James

laughable I know but with Rick at the helm he can make it work

hugepatsfan
07-10-2015, 05:45 PM
If I'm Dallas I hope they both come back soon, show they're still high end talent, and try to dump them next off season for picks and future assets allow Dirk to retire and try to rebuild

I think BOS would really like Parsons if they go that route.

Corey
07-10-2015, 05:45 PM
Ainge is the mastermind behind this

:laugh2:

Thumper 88
07-10-2015, 05:47 PM

I agree with this

Thumper 88
07-10-2015, 05:48 PM
I actually think that this will be a steal of a contract for Dallas. I think he'll bounce back there. Not all the way to a star but enough that he'll easily be worth this deal and more.

He has the potential

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-10-2015, 05:50 PM
While I don't agree with their plan atm there are 6 teams I have locked to finish ahead of them

GSW
SAS
LAC
HOU
OKC
MEM

NOLA
SAC
PHX
DAL

I honestly don't think I'm missing any teams unless people think LAL will compete.

DALLAS current line up

D-Will / JJ / Felton
Wes / Harris / Anderson
Parsons / Jefferson
Zaza / James

Through Utah into that mixed bunch as well.

da ThRONe
07-10-2015, 05:52 PM

What's the point of signing Williams if Dallas isn't going to try to be competitive next year. I'm under the impression this is for Dirk's sake.

BoSox47
07-10-2015, 05:59 PM
Love the deal for the celtics.

Mavs get a pg who will be serviceable and help them avoid being a bottom 7 team in the league (celtics have their pick top 7 protected) and it makes brooklyn slightly worse, probably making the Brooklyn unprotected pick a top 6 pick.

hugepatsfan
07-10-2015, 06:00 PM

GSW
SAS
LAC
HOU
OKC
MEM

NOLA
SAC
PHX
DAL

DALLAS current line up

D-Will / JJ / Felton
Wes / Harris / Anderson
Parsons / Jefferson
Zaza / James

Like someone else said, I'd add Utah into the mix. I like the young mix they have going on.

One thing to consider is that with the injury Wes is coming off of, I wouldn't expect a great year. I think he'll pay more dividends for you guys in year 2 of his deal once he's further removed. But hey, you know that I spent all MLB offseason saying A-Rod, Tex, McCann and Beltran wouldn't all be 800-900 OPS hitters anymore so you never know.

matnautico
07-10-2015, 06:05 PM
Love the deal for the celtics.

Mavs get a pg who will be serviceable and help them avoid being a bottom 7 team in the league (celtics have their pick top 7 protected) and it makes brooklyn slightly worse, probably making the Brooklyn unprotected pick a top 6 pick.

You celtics fans are so delusional, that's no way it will be a top 6 pick, still a ton of veterans on the team. Of course they wont win anything but they wont be that bad.

BoSox47
07-10-2015, 06:14 PM
You celtics fans are so delusional, that's no way it will be a top 6 pick, still a ton of veterans on the team. Of course they wont win anything but they wont be that bad.

East got better this summer and the Atlantic division got better as well. Brooklyn is one of few teams in the East that got worse. They could very well be a bottom 6 team this year.

hugepatsfan
07-10-2015, 06:17 PM

Ehhh. I think it will be close. BRK made the playoffs last year but record wise they were in a 3 way tie for 11th worst record in the NBA last year. All it takes is one team in the East to jump them and they're out of the playoffs. The two teams they were tied with - IND and UT - are better than them this year IMO.

The only team with a better record than them last year that I think will be worse than them this year is POR. I believe MIA has passed them easily. I think CHA and DET are improved and weren't far off from BRK last year so I project them to finish ahead. I also think that with the pieces the Knicks added and Melo coming back healthy, they should make a turnaround and finish ahead of BRK. SAC could move ahead of BRK if they don't implode chemistry wise because they have a lot of talented players.

I'm expecting BRK to finish with something like the 6th-10th worst record this year.

Stunner
07-10-2015, 06:23 PM
@MazzESPN: Hearing that Deron Williams' buyout is going to be $27.5 million spread out over five years w/ stretch so $5.5 million per season. #Nets

Stunner
07-10-2015, 06:30 PM
@daldridgetnt: Confirming @MazzESPN report: Williams gets $27.5M of remaining $43M from Nets. Nets will use stretch to make his cap number $5.5M thru 2020.

@daldridgetnt: The reduction in the Nets' cap by $15.5M (Williams's original $21M cap number goes down to $5.5M) gets them under the luxury tax threshold.

Hawkeye15
07-10-2015, 06:51 PM
What's the point of signing Williams if Dallas isn't going to try to be competitive next year. I'm under the impression this is for Dirk's sake.

I don't see the point. I didn't see the point for trading for Pachuli-oil. Cuban is a great owner when you have a star, and I think Dallas fans will see he is a pain in the *** owner when he doesn't. He will keep trying to compete, all the while wasting a few years in purgatory, instead of just ripping the bandaid off and rebuilding now.

colinskik
07-10-2015, 07:02 PM
Ehhh. I think it will be close. BRK made the playoffs last year but record wise they were in a 3 way tie for 11th worst record in the NBA last year. All it takes is one team in the East to jump them and they're out of the playoffs. The two teams they were tied with - IND and UT - are better than them this year IMO.

The only team with a better record than them last year that I think will be worse than them this year is POR. I believe MIA has passed them easily. I think CHA and DET are improved and weren't far off from BRK last year so I project them to finish ahead. I also think that with the pieces the Knicks added and Melo coming back healthy, they should make a turnaround and finish ahead of BRK. SAC could move ahead of BRK if they don't implode chemistry wise because they have a lot of talented players.

I'm expecting BRK to finish with something like the 6th-10th worst record this year.

Thing is, Deron actually made the Nets worse. Whether it was his injuries, poor performance, or, most importantly, his crappy attitude and non-existant leadership, he was a bad influence on the team.

Aside from that one good playoff game, he brought the team down. Can't remeber if it was KG or Pierce who said it, but the team was like a wet rag. No fire, no heart. And that all begins with its supposed star.

I think the Nets will hover around the same success level if not improve. Holliins will be able to mold this team

numba1CHANGsta
07-10-2015, 07:22 PM
Doesn't he have to clear waivers first?

da ThRONe
07-10-2015, 07:36 PM
I don't see the point. I didn't see the point for trading for Pachuli-oil. Cuban is a great owner when you have a star, and I think Dallas fans will see he is a pain in the *** owner when he doesn't. He will keep trying to compete, all the while wasting a few years in purgatory, instead of just ripping the bandaid off and rebuilding now.

Not sure if Cuban thinks Dirk won't wave his no trade clause, but right now the Mavs have every reason to be bad. Even Mark himself hinted at this. Not sure why now he's pushing to be competitive when he just doesn't have the horses. It's not realistic to expect much out of both Parsons and Matthews coming off significant injuries. Dirk is a B+ player as of last year. Williams seems washed up. This team likely isn't a playoff team.

Mark is a really smart guy, but going down this path is going to set the Mavs back several years.

mike_noodles
07-10-2015, 07:43 PM
I find this situation far more embarrassing to the league than the DJ situation.

Hawkeye15
07-10-2015, 07:43 PM
Not sure if Cuban thinks Dirk won't wave his no trade clause, but right now the Mavs have every reason to be bad. Even Mark himself hinted at this. Not sure why now he's pushing to be competitive when he just doesn't have the horses. It's not realistic to expect much out of both Parsons and Matthews coming off significant injuries. Dirk is a B+ player as of last year. Williams seems washed up. This team likely isn't a playoff team.

Mark is a really smart guy, but going down this path is going to set the Mavs back several years.

Dirk is a top 5 PF to ever play. But he aint no B+ anymore. He is not even a .500 player at this point.

gatkins11
07-10-2015, 07:46 PM
Doesn't he have to clear waivers first?

Believe so, but if anyone actually claims that contract the team deserves to be contracted.

Hawkeye15
07-10-2015, 07:49 PM
Believe so, but if anyone actually claims that contract the team deserves to be contracted.

haha

NYKnickFanatic
07-10-2015, 07:58 PM

Imagine the Clippers had cap space and picked him up. :laugh2:

gatkins11
07-10-2015, 08:49 PM

Don't even joke about that. Hahah.

Cracka2HI!
07-10-2015, 11:19 PM

Ballmer buys the league and allows it!

YAALREADYKNO
07-10-2015, 11:34 PM
Assuming everyone stays healthy the Mavs have an actual decent/solid starting 5

Williams
Matthews
Parsons
Dirk
Pachullia?

Saddletramp
07-11-2015, 02:18 AM
He is the front along with the basketball franchise for the real business.

Billy King : 'Orlando' from The Wire

Mikhail Prokhorov : 'The Greek' from The Wire

Love The Wire.

LakersIn5
07-11-2015, 06:00 AM
does new york have even a dollar of capspace left? If yes i hope phil gets him

GiantsSwaGG
07-11-2015, 06:24 AM
Who will DoMeFavors root for?

YAALREADYKNO
07-11-2015, 08:35 AM
does new york have even a dollar of capspace left? If yes i hope phil gets him

I don't think Phil Jackson would do something as dumb as that. He'd have to take deron Williams full contract if he was to claim him off waivers

beasted86
07-11-2015, 01:18 PM
I'm guessing this is his oath to Dirk for taking that discount contract.

Not willing to just give up and tank for at least what's remaining of his career.

Thumper 88
07-11-2015, 03:11 PM
I'm guessing this is his oath to Dirk for taking that discount contract.

Not willing to just give up and tank for at least what's remaining of his career.
I think your right

blahblahyoutoo
07-11-2015, 09:29 PM

well, there's our racist quote of the day.

Saddletramp
07-12-2015, 02:14 AM

What? I'm wondering why he still has his job because he's an idiot, not because he's black. Go race bait somewhere else, chucko.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-13-2015, 09:42 AM
Assuming everyone stays healthy the Mavs have an actual decent/solid starting 5

Williams
Matthews
Parsons
Dirk
Pachullia?

That actually looks depressing. Matthews coming off of a injury. Williams regressed right after leaving Jazz. Dirk is on the decline. Zaza at best is back up center or third string. Glad Bucks got rid of him. Wasted our youth rotting on the bench. Guess Kidd just played him to up his value. Parsons was a desperation signing cause Mavs couldn't land anyone else last few years. Mavs are darn near the stone age of Jim Jackson and Shawn Bradley and Chris Gatling roster of old lottery bin. Maybe it was best not landing Jordan. Forces Cuban's hand of being a meddler and just rebuild.

Thumper 88
07-13-2015, 09:51 AM
That actually looks depressing. Matthews coming off of a injury. Williams regressed right after leaving Jazz. Dirk is on the decline. Zaza at best is back up center or third string. Glad Bucks got rid of him. Wasted our youth rotting on the bench. Guess Kidd just played him to up his value. Parsons was a desperation signing cause Mavs couldn't land anyone else last few years. Mavs are darn near the stone age of Jim Jackson and Shawn Bradley and Chris Gatling roster of old lottery bin. Maybe it was best not landing Jordan. Forces Cuban's hand of being a meddler and just rebuild.
Zaza only got the bucks a second round pick from the Mavs in only 2018 if it lands between 55-60. They got him for free basically.

I agree with Wesley.

I agree with Dirk on the decline (tho he's still good for 20-10, see the playoffs)

I disagree with Parsons. I think that's a good get.

I agree that they need to rebuild.

My guess is though Cuban promised Dirk they would complete since he's only getting paid 8m a year

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-13-2015, 10:04 AM
Zaza only got the bucks a second round pick from the Mavs in only 2018 if it lands between 55-60. They got him for free basically.

I agree with Wesley.

I agree with Dirk on the decline (tho he's still good for 20-10, see the playoffs)

I disagree with Parsons. I think that's a good get.

I agree that they need to rebuild.

My guess is though Cuban promised Dirk they would complete since he's only getting paid 8m a year

The $5.25M Zaza TPE is more valuable then Zaza himself. We could wait till trade deadline and help a luxury tax team and eat a player and maybe get a pick as well. But yeah the top 55 protection I thought was a laugh.

YAALREADYKNO
07-13-2015, 10:08 AM
Like I said IF everyone stays healthy

Hawkeye15
07-13-2015, 01:05 PM

he is referring to King being a moron, not black....

Hawkeye15
07-13-2015, 01:06 PM
Like I said IF everyone stays healthy

Your only plus starters are both coming off surgery. That is not a good lineup.

YAALREADYKNO
07-13-2015, 03:22 PM

"IF" healthy. they're nothing special but they could be competitive

Thumper 88
07-13-2015, 03:38 PM

Jesus dude... You are really down on Dirk.. No credit. Yeah he's older but he's still a 20-10 player

Hawkeye15
07-13-2015, 04:22 PM
Jesus dude... You are really down on Dirk.. No credit. Yeah he's older but he's still a 20-10 player

but he isn't a plus player anymore. His defense is just terrible, and he has been relegated to being a scorer, and with the added stress of making shots this year, which is not a good thing, I truthfully think he falls to below a .500 player.

Kyben36
07-13-2015, 04:43 PM
I think this is a better move Deandre Jordan, still think he is over rated myself. they can sign McGee to do what Jordan does.

foonaka
07-13-2015, 05:06 PM
Am I the only one who thinks it would be funny if Williams signed with the Clippers instead?

smith&wesson
07-13-2015, 05:42 PM
Am I the only one who thinks it would be funny if Williams signed with the Clippers instead?

No, but I think youre on to something. The Clippers can actually use d.will to back up paul. that would give them great depth and help in the post season.

In Dallas however, the addition of D.Will and Mathews only prolongs an inevitable rebuild that Dallas needs to do at this point.

Getting these players is just hurting Dallas imo. They actually need to move their assets for picks so that they can get a good young core to build around.

Thumper 88
07-13-2015, 11:18 PM
No, but I think youre on to something. The Clippers can actually use d.will to back up paul. that would give them great depth and help in the post season.

In Dallas however, the addition of D.Will and Mathews only prolongs an inevitable rebuild that Dallas needs to do at this point.

Getting these players is just hurting Dallas imo. They actually need to move their assets for picks so that they can get a good young core to build around.
Maybe that's why they got Wes and & will? Obviously they got them to complete but if they get hit with injurys or just can't make the playoffs they can trade them for picks

Thumper 88
07-14-2015, 10:45 AM
Report is two years at 10-12 million with the second year player opt.

If Dallas can make that a second year guaranteed or team opt that would be a great trade asset if they want to rebuild next year

Vinylman
07-15-2015, 11:47 AM
is there any report on how much the buyout was and whether they will stretch him.?

Hawkeye15
07-15-2015, 11:49 AM
is there any report on how much the buyout was and whether they will stretch him.?

I thought I read it was for $27.5 with a 5 year stretch, but I might be wrong

Thumper 88
07-15-2015, 12:36 PM
I thought I read it was for $27.5 with a 5 year stretch, but I might be wrong

I read the same thing

Vinylman
07-15-2015, 05:52 PM
Thanks guys... i saw that too but was wondering if it had been confirmed...

good to know