PDA

View Full Version : Guess next years Roster

WaDe03
07-09-2015, 06:57 PM
What will be the final 15 man roster we take in to opening night?

My guess:

Dragic/Thorton/Johnson
Wade/Green/Dragic
Deng/Winslow/Wright
Bosh/McRoberts/Haslem
Whiteside/Amare/Birdman

We get rid of Chalmers Napier Ennis and Walker

hotdalton18
07-09-2015, 07:16 PM
Dragic/Chalmers/Napier
Wade/Green/Johnson
Deng/Winslow/Zoran
Bosh/McRoberts/UD
Whiteside/Amar'e/Bird

dont think anyone takes Chalmers n Bird....Zoran stays over ennis because of contracts but wont see any play time

daleja424
07-09-2015, 07:19 PM
Dragic/Napier/TJ/Richardson
Wade/Green/Zoran
Deng/Winslow/Ennis
Bosh/McRoberts/Haslem
Whiteside/Amare

I'm cutting Walker and trading Birdman and Chalmers. Willing to cut Ennis if they can find a third big at the min.

WaDe03
07-09-2015, 07:24 PM
I could definitely see both of those teams being right. I'm hoping to add Thorton just for that extra 3 point shooting. When guys like him get hot from 3 they can go off and change a game.

hotdalton18
07-09-2015, 07:26 PM
I could definitely see both of those teams being right. I'm hoping to add Thorton just for that extra 3 point shooting. When guys like him get hot from 3 they can go off and change a game.

I just dont see Thorton as a PG at all

I think when we got Green it kinda threw out the Thorton idea

WaDe03
07-09-2015, 07:35 PM

I have him slotted as our backup PG but I would prefer to have him in when 1 of Wade or Dragic is in so they can run the point.

J_M_B
07-09-2015, 08:35 PM
Dragic - Napier - Richardson
Wade - Green - Johnson - Z Dragic
Deng - Winslow - Ennis
Bosh - McRoberts - Haslem
Whiteside - Amare

beasted86
07-09-2015, 08:49 PM

This.

hotdalton18
07-09-2015, 09:53 PM

I have him slotted as our backup PG but I would prefer to have him in when 1 of Wade or Dragic is in so they can run the point.

How is his ball handling ? Anybody know ?

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-09-2015, 11:11 PM
Dragic/TJ/Richardson
Wade/Green/Thornton/Zoran
Deng/Winslow
Bosh/McRoberts/Haslem
Whiteside/Amare/Birdman

I don't think anyone is gonna take on a 37 yr old on a 5 million dollar contract in the middle of free agency when there's a dozen other options for a fraction of the price. We're gonna have to hold onto Bird until the trade deadline were we'll trade him to a team in desperate need for depth at C.

I think Rio gets dumped, but we're forced to throw in Napier as a "sweetner".

Ennis and Walker get cut

KingOfDaNorth
07-10-2015, 11:51 AM
Dragic/Chalmers/Napier
Wade/Winslow/Thornton
Deng/Green/Dragic
Bosh/McRoberts/Haslem
Whiteside/Birdman/Amare

Heatnation80
07-10-2015, 12:46 PM
Starters: Dragic - Wade - Deng - Bosh - Whiteside
Next 5: Napier - Green - Winslow - McRoberts - Amare

Roster fill-out: Dragic - Thornton - Haslem - Richardson - J Smith (summer league C)

Traded or cut: Birdman, Johnson, Chalmers, Walker, Ennis. I will like to retain Johnson and assign Haslem as assistant coach. Haslem is terrible to watch.

MiamiLoyal926
07-10-2015, 01:18 PM
Starters: Dragic - Wade - Deng - Bosh - Whiteside
Next 5: Napier - Green - Winslow - McRoberts - Amare

Roster fill-out: Dragic - Thornton - Haslem - Richardson - J Smith (summer league C)

Traded or cut: Birdman, Johnson, Chalmers, Walker, Ennis. I will like to retain Johnson and assign Haslem as assistant coach. Haslem is terrible to watch.

So we didn't offer Willie Reed a spot... but will offer Joshua Smith one? Doubt it. That spot is Tylers for now.

KingOfDaNorth
07-10-2015, 01:29 PM
So we didn't offer Willie Reed a spot... but will offer Joshua Smith one? Doubt it. That spot is Tylers for now.

Willie Reed signed with Brooklyn yesterday.

MiamiLoyal926
07-10-2015, 01:54 PM
Willie Reed signed with Brooklyn yesterday.

I know that.... that is exactly my point. We could have offered that spot to him and opted not to, instead allowing him to go to the nets. Why would we then offer it to an inferior player?

hotdalton18
07-10-2015, 02:01 PM
Yah I'm thinking bird can't be traded an will be the 3rd center behind amare

KingOfDaNorth
07-10-2015, 02:17 PM
Yah I'm thinking bird can't be traded an will be the 3rd center behind amare

Having a defensive anchor like Whiteside be backed up by an offensive threat like Amare is a nice change of pace. Also, having a fierce high energy big who prides himself on block shots, and does so well, is a luxury no other team in the league has.

beasted86
07-10-2015, 02:30 PM
The reason Reed signed with Brooklyn was they partially guaranteed $500k of his salary. Miami was offering fully non-guaranteed.

Hands were tied there kind of.

KingOfDaNorth
07-10-2015, 03:07 PM
The reason Reed signed with Brooklyn was they partially guaranteed $500k of his salary. Miami was offering fully non-guaranteed.

Hands were tied there kind of.

Correct.

MiamiLoyal926
07-10-2015, 03:44 PM
And yet, we could have offered it to him... but guess what... we didn't. Again, why would J.Smith then get it? Riley is likely opting to seek out veteran help.

If that is not reason enough, how about the fact that we will be pushing pace this season. J.Smith does not fit our versatile roster type. He is a 360 lb log who taps out rebounds, instead of bringing them down.

beasted86
07-10-2015, 03:45 PM
How is his ball handling ? Anybody know ?

Probably not good enough to bring the ball up the floor while getting full court pressure from a guy like Payton, Beverly or Conley.

He's consistently played SG to an average around 70% of the time according to BBR.

He's been assisted on the majority of his baskets over his career. Usually around 60-65%. His career low was his best scoring year at only 46% assisted, but he also only posted 1.9 assists in 35 minutes that year. His next lowest year was 56% assisted, and his high was 68% assisted.

Take what you want from these stats. But for me he's showed the ability to create for himself but not others. Whether he has the ability to create more for himself, maybe it says something that coaches have preferred to use him off the ball more.

For me he's truly a SG, and not a combo guard when you take everything into account... size, assisted%, assist%, positional play history, ETC.

He could defend the PG but you'd be handicapped into having Wade or Dragic in the game at all times he's out there to actually bring the ball up and set up the offense.

If Wade or Dragic are injured or in foul trouble you couldn't use him as the playmaker.

beasted86
07-10-2015, 03:47 PM
And yet, we could have offered it to him... but guess what... we didn't. Again, why would J.Smith then get it? Riley is likely opting to seek out veteran help.

If that is not reason enough, how about the fact that we will be pushing pace this season. J.Smith does not fit our versatile roster type. He is a 360 lb log who taps out rebounds, instead of bringing them down.
He would get a full non guarantee offer if anything is what I'm saying to try and justify his logic.

But if you're asking me speaking for myself he has zero chance of even a preseason 20 man invite.