PDA

View Full Version : Chandler Parsons feels disrespected by DJ situation

Purch
07-09-2015, 06:45 PM
Dallas Mavericks small forward Chandler Parsons, who led the team's recruiting campaign for DeAndre Jordan, described himself as "shocked, very disappointed, frustrated, disrespected" that the big man reneged on his verbal commitment to join the Mavs and re-signed with the Los Angeles Clippers.

"This is something that I've never seen in my career, and I know that it doesn't happen very often," Parsons told ESPN.com on Thursday. "When a man gives you his word and an organization his word, especially when that organization put in so much effort and I walked him through this process and was very, very open and willing to work with him, it's just very unethical and disrespectful."

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/13229198/chandler-parsons-feels-disrespected-deandre-jordan-decision-renege-deal-dallas-mavericks

A long article... but Parsons makes a lot of the same points we fans made..

Especilly to the point where he talked about DJ not responding to Marc, and texting Parsons after midnight saying that he hopes they can still be friends.

Chronz
07-09-2015, 07:07 PM
Someone remind me how Parsons got out of his team player option a year early again?

Sactown
07-09-2015, 07:41 PM
Someone remind me how Parsons got out of his team player option a year early again?

I thought the understanding was they'd match what Parsons was offered which opened up some cap to add talent... Then didn't Houston try to attract Carmelo which was not something Parsons thought they would do so he went and looked elsewhere?

Chronz
07-09-2015, 08:12 PM
I thought the understanding was they'd match what Parsons was offered which opened up some cap to add talent... Then didn't Houston try to attract Carmelo which was not something Parsons thought they would do so he went and looked elsewhere?
But they had a team option that would have paid him 1M or so, so its not like he was opening up any cap space for them, I cant remember if it was for him or for Chuck Hayes but they pleaded for patience. Houston did him a solid letting him go early because they thought they would be rewarded for giving him a raise he deserved. Guy was making peanuts to the point where he became an underwear model and not just cuz hes strikingly handsome, dude really needed the money.

lakerfan85
07-09-2015, 08:12 PM

He signed a contract with the Mavs Houston didn't match and he became a Mav.. Not even remotely the same thing..

Chronz
07-09-2015, 08:16 PM
He signed a contract with the Mavs Houston didn't match and he became a Mav.. Not even remotely the same thing..

You cant sign contracts unless you're a free agent. HOW did he become a FA again was the question. You think Houston wanted to lose him when they could have retained his services on the cheap for another year?

east fb knicks
07-09-2015, 08:17 PM
Actually parsons fkd over Houston by signing that offer sheet while the rox where targeting bosh karma is a biach :laugh2:

Thumper 88
07-09-2015, 08:17 PM
He straight called him out

Thumper 88
07-09-2015, 08:19 PM
Actually parsons fkd over Houston by signing that offer sheet while the rox where targeting bosh karma is a biach :laugh2:

You've been trolling for about an hour now.

east fb knicks
07-09-2015, 08:22 PM
You've been trolling for about an hour now.
Thx I didn't know responding to a post was trolling ;)

Thumper 88
07-09-2015, 08:23 PM
Thx I didn't know responding to a post was trolling ;)
Go back and read your comment.

Thumper 88
07-09-2015, 08:24 PM
And your other comments regarding Cuban and your feelings about him

east fb knicks
07-09-2015, 08:28 PM
Me saying cuban is a douche bag ain't trolling lmao you just sound like a mad mavs fan bro no disrespect but u do have to admit this situation is really funny ntm cuban deserved that treatment

He just got tyson back and should have just resigned the guy who brought him a title but instead he shyt on tyson again just to get left in the dust just like d12 did him :laugh: I'm sorry but I can't make this stuff up if I wanted too

ghettosean
07-09-2015, 08:32 PM

You cant sign contracts unless you're a free agent. HOW did he become a FA again was the question. You think Houston wanted to lose him when they could have retained his services on the cheap for another year?

Pretty sure he was a RFA and they wanted to keep him but Bosh was an option at max and then Cuban can in with a big offer that Houston couldn't match unless they passed on Bosh and unfortunately they got screwed.

Mr Costanza
07-09-2015, 08:36 PM
He's got a few good points.

Iron24th
07-09-2015, 08:40 PM
Parsons is a crying baby, boooo I recruted dwight and the rox didn't even match my offer sheet, boooo I recruted DJ but he backed off of his verbal agreement.

What C's balls will he suck next offseason?

Chronz
07-09-2015, 08:42 PM
Pretty sure he was a RFA and they wanted to keep him but Bosh was an option at max and then Cuban can in with a big offer that Houston couldn't match unless they passed on Bosh and unfortunately they got screwed.

Again. He was only a fa to begin with because his team did him a solid. They could've kept him on the cheap another year. It's like you guys continue ignoring that fact for whatever reason.

east fb knicks
07-09-2015, 08:47 PM
Again. He was only a fa to begin with because his team did him a solid. They could've kept him on the cheap another year. It's like you guys continue ignoring that fact for whatever reason.

He was supposed to do what kawhi did with the spurs he was suppose to wait for the rox to sign bosh and then resign with them instead he took the highest offer asap :laugh: now he's crying about loyalty :facepalm:

Leftcoast_yg
07-09-2015, 08:58 PM

It wasn't the decision that parsons is referring to but the way dj handled the situation, ignoring cubans calls and texts. Also not informing the mavs until after he and the clippers had their slumber party. He's weak minded and immature.

Jarvo
07-09-2015, 09:32 PM
Cuban made DJ felt like he was gonna be the next Shaq and then once he realized he is better suited as a 3rd option he went calling point blank.

Saddletramp
07-09-2015, 09:34 PM

They coulda matched regardless.

Chronz, I answered this in the other DJ thread. I'll cut and paste it here.

I cant remember the details but didn't Parsons get his current contract because his GM was willing to let him out a year early with the hopes that he would resign on the cheap to help the team attract more talent while also allowing him to get a hugely needed influx of cash. Only for him to renege and hurry to get the best deal on the table.

Here's tha Chandler Parsons deal:

Parsons recruited Dwight to Houston in 2013, although lets be honest, if Harden wasn't a Rocket, this would never have been an option; without Parsons, this was still a viable option. The catch was, everyone's favorite agent Dan Fegan told Morey that Dwight would only sign if Morey let Parsons hit restricted free agency in the summer of '14. Morey's original plan, I think, was to keep Parsons for the '14-'15 season at his $1 million price tag and let him test unrestricted free agency in the summer of '15 where the Rockets told Parsons that they'd match any deal he had (although Parsons, being unrestricted, could still walk but Morey was willing to take that chance with the way the team was stacking up).

Morey agreed and let Parsons test restricted free agency and Fegan teamed up with Cuban first chance they got and made a horrid contract for the Rockets to match. Over priced with a trade kicker and short at only three years with a player option after year two. It was a coup for Fegan, he got Dwight to Houston on a max (which was less than with the Lakers, but still for a huge amount, plus Dwight put his foot down on playing with Kobe), Cuban, he got an up and comer and stuck it to Morey, and for Parsons, who got paid a year early and got to play with Dirk and join Cuban, plus he got to get out of Harden's shadow.

Morey countered by signing a better player in Ariza for half the price, no trade kicker, and way better defense, had the better team, has the better future and knocked Dallas out in 5 games in the first round of the playoffs while Parsons is broken down (already), Dirk is pretty much done and, well, there's no one left. No wonder DJ reneged.

Chronz
07-09-2015, 09:39 PM
Those damn dirty agents.... wonder if thats what happened with Brand and Baron

alexander_37
07-09-2015, 09:40 PM

They just let him out. I think they did it for good faith in negotiating a new deal. But he signed with Dallas and Houston ( thank god ) didn't match.